39 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   JeffIsHereToo

JeffIsHereToo

Jeff

• 8,034 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

Jason, while I usually agree with you, I do not agree with your observation on future GT/SC's value compared to non-converted cars done by non-Shelby authorized shops. If I did, I would have done mine here locally myself.

We should all meet up in 40 years and compare notes!

;-)
2013 Boss 302 (Grabber Blue) #2
2007 Shelby GT (White) #2621
2005 Mustang GT (Mineral Gray)
1989 Mustang GT (White)
1984 Mustang GT (Red)
1979 Mustang Cobra (Jade Green

Team Shelby State Director for AR

#32 OFFLINE   carnut12

carnut12

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 2,284 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Family, Cars, Golf

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

Jason, while I usually agree with you, I do not agree with your observation on future GT/SC's value compared to non-converted cars done by non-Shelby authorized shops. If I did, I would have done mine here locally myself.

Agree 100%, common sense tells you Authorized ones will be worth more, how could they be worth less or the same? The only one that would say that is someone that does not have an Authorized one.

I think Roger is proof having your work done in Vegas adds value.
07 Shelby GT # 5696 White, Charcoal Interior and Dash, 5-Speed, IUP, Anti-theft, Wheel Locks, Sirius, Shaker 1000, Heated Seats, Shelby Signature Mats, Shelby License Plate Holder, Lower Billet Grill, Silverhorse Cup Holder, Shifter Bezel, Climate Knobs, E-brake Handle, door handles, Mirror Control Knob, lock pockets and pins, and Window Switch Plates, Clear Turn Signals, Shelby Kicker Speaker System, Shorty Antenna, Shelby Engine Caps, Shelby CS69 20" Staggered Wheels, Updated Hood Pins, Shelby Headrest Covers & Armrest Cover, Sequential Tail Lights
Back from Tasca on 03-25-09-550HP Whipple, Brake Upgrade, Shelby Gauges, Blue Ford Racing Valve Covers, Dynotech 1 Piece Driveshaft- 495 RWHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FR500S Exhaust and Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive
Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 OFFLINE   TheKurgan

TheKurgan

Fast Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,032 posts
  • Joined 09-January 08
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Racing,Flyfishing,Kayaking

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

LOL @ car investors.
07 SGT - JDM302E, Paxton Novi 1500, Spec 3+, FRPP cams/intake/TB, Kooks, Tial 50mm BOV - 637 rwhp/547 rwtq - Tuned by VMP

Posted Image

#34 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08
  • Region:Decline

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

we know the vehicles are not an investment, least not in the next 15+ years. But I agree that a GT/SC has the pedigree and is listed in the registry. Only the vehicles converted by Shelby earn the title GT/SC. Apparently less than 3%, possibly less, of the 2007's have been converted at Shelby. Some bought these as an investment, some to drive them, and others to drive/race them. I believe the garage queen with the Shelby GT/Sc designation will be worth the most someday. And it will still be a poor investment. Our cars are not like gold that appreciates at the world economy dips. Quite the opposite. When there is less disposable income the price drops dramatically on collectible cars.

#35 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

we know the vehicles are not an investment, least not in the next 15+ years. But I agree that a GT/SC has the pedigree and is listed in the registry. Only the vehicles converted by Shelby earn the title GT/SC. Apparently less than 3%, possibly less, of the 2007's have been converted at Shelby. Some bought these as an investment, some to drive them, and others to drive/race them. I believe the garage queen with the Shelby GT/Sc designation will be worth the most someday. And it will still be a poor investment. Our cars are not like gold that appreciates at the world economy dips. Quite the opposite. When there is less disposable income the price drops dramatically on collectible cars.

I've had 26+ years experience with "collectible" guitars, and the car market follows it, almost religiously. So here's my opinion: When the economy dips, people get MORE selective. Every current auction has proven it. "Custom" Vettes are selling for peanuts, badass fuelies with tons of money invested, while pedigreed Ferraris and COPO Camaros with provenance are still solid, despite a tough economy. The difference between "gold standard" and "cool car" are stunning when the market tightens up. This is the market... I'm not making the news, just reporting it. Witness Galpin's one-off convertible widebody Mustang price at last weekend's B-J auction for confirmation of this. That was a huge investment that lost a FORTUNE, all receipts considered.

It'll take MANY years for an SGT/SC to be "valuable"... far more than I plan to be on the planet. But there is no question that a "real" one will eventually be worth more.

Just MY 2 cents (which is often worth far less than that, due to missing documentation)...

Jer

Edited by Jer, 26 June 2012 - 07:02 AM.

2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#36 OFFLINE   ShelbyGT/SC

ShelbyGT/SC

Adam O'Dwyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Joined 11-March 07
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:My kids AJ (Adam Jr) and Ava

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

You all are scaring me. LOL

Tasca Shelby GT/TR
TR (Tasca Racing)

FaceBook: AdamODwyer
Pictures: Photobucket, Picasa
Latest Dyno: 522 RWHP / 620 Engine HP
Shelby Song: Good Lord Mr. Shelby (song) (video)

IMG_2460_zps85fd6f5f.jpg

#37 OFFLINE   SWEDEMAN

SWEDEMAN

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,628 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

100% agreed, the GT/SC is an awesome car. It is for driving joy and bragging rights. Roger's car was an anomally, he got over $50K but he was also a rock-star at Shelby American and that car had a lot of history. Now that it is time to sell my car, I am having second thoughts. These cars when documented through the registry are ultra rare. I really think these cars, documented GT/SC's are on there way up (pre Carroll Shelby) and will bring big dollars with full documentation...you can't find them.

EDITED:

Edited by SWEDEMAN, 19 May 2013 - 08:19 PM.

2007 Shelby GT/SC
Shelby American
Las Vegas, Nevada

#38 OFFLINE   csm198

csm198

CSM198

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Interests:shelby gt's

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

I know you are new here, it does not sound like you have a Documented Shelby GT/SC. I still think you got a deal, but to me being in the Registry will be critical to resale. Most folks would not want any mods otherwise, that is why I have gotten every mod I have done at Tasca. Not to mention they do an Outstanding Job

I believe most folks don't even know these cars exist. I mean yes we all know the difference but the man on the street has no clue.
/Users/Jonathan/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/Dec 11, 2010_25/mmfp_0906_03_z+cobra_jet_mustang+front_view.jpg
MY MODS
Performance White
Charcoal Interior
SGT # 198
1st Supercharged SGT from SAI (Paxton - S/C # 14)
GT/SC Delete on side stripe
3:73 gear ratio
CS grill assembly
Shelby Plus Pro Brake System
Shelby 4 wheel brake ducts
Shelby gauge cluster
Shelby stut bar
Sequential tail lights
Quarter window aluminum covers billet hood pins
Engine billet caps
Razors (gun metal)
Various interior pieces upgraded
Billet fuel door
CS/SC trunk lock emblem

Former Cars

1956 T-Bird (Coral)
1965 Mustang Notchback 6 cyl.
1965 Daytona Coupe F5 (Guardsman Blue)
1969 Fairlane Cobra FB 428CJ w/ ram air (Indian Fire)
1967 Shelby GT500 (Dark Moss Green)

http://s229.photobuc...Coupe Factory5/ Visit My Website

#39 OFFLINE   Ben310

Ben310

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 13-May 14
  • Interests:all things Ford....

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

I am going to have a 2007 GT/SC in an upcoming auction in Calhoun, Ga on June 7th, 2014.... it has 10,000 miles on the odometer....beautiful in every way...it will be on my website.... American-Auctioneers.com.. our office is located in Centre, Alabama... if you want to view it.... On auction day you can register to bid at www.equipmentfacts.com.... go to american auctioneers and click to watch auction. you must register to bid and buy.

#40 OFFLINE   drzeeba

drzeeba

SGT080312

• Northern Plains Region
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 26-February 13
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Family, friends, upland game hunting.
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

I didn't know they existed until two years ago when I started looking for a GT500 convertible. My budget was limited to $32K and at that time the only options were high lmileage, hailed out cars. Not what I was looking for.
Through my research I came upon a few SGT's. I had never heard of them but as I found out more I became more interested in them primarily because they are built at the Shelby factory. Call me crazy but that plaque on the dash means a lot to me. The fact that the SGT fit my budget and provided great performance and uniqueness made it an easy decision. I'm lucky enough to have owned 08SGT0312 for over a year now and I am now waiting to go pick her up at Shelby when the SC package plus more is completed.
Appreciating in value or not these are fantastic cars that remain hidden in plain sight, sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users