Secondo

Stangs Unleashed and Team Shelby Member since 2006

• Northeast Region
  • 5,240 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Raising my 3 boys!!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

Just wanted to show you all my new shift knob because of how pleased I am how great it looks on my car and how well it improves the look of the interior. It's made by Speed Dawg and it is Ford Licensed. The Cobra emblem is just like the real Ford-owned Cobra image on the side of our cars. The stripes also match the ones on the side of the car. Most color combinations are available and the owner told me he can even make custom knobs. I have been shopping for a new knob to replace the stock one, mostly to improve grip and comfort when shifting. Not only did it accomplish that goal, but it exceeded my expectations on it's looks. I love the dark black and bright white contrast. It "pops!" See for yourself:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

On stock GT500 shift levers, installation requires a 12mm x 1.25 adapter and boot retainer. I also had to use a die to clean up the threads on my lever. To install them, remove the stock shift knob by turning it counter-clockwise, install the boot retainer about 1/2" below the top of the lever, install adapter until it touches the retainer, thread on the shift knob until it touches the retainer and then turn the knob counter-clockwise to the desired position. Turn the boot retainer counter-clockwise and tighten against the knob. Don't over-tighten. Let me know if I can help with any questions. Enjoy!

#2 OFFLINE   stewarbc

stewarbc

Team Shelby Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 633 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:All things Ford and Ford Mustang.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

Looks fantastic. SpeedDawg knobs are wonderful. I have a few of them on my Mustangs. Chris at SpeedDawg is a good guy too.
07SGT1163 Black /Silver, ARH LT's, FRPP Hot Rod Cams, FR500S Exhaust,SHR Carbon Fiber Tail Light Trim, UPR 3.5" Billet Antenna,Redline Gloss Black Hood Struts, Shelby Billet Gas Cap
08SGT0096 GT-C, Kooks LT's, FRPP Hot Rod Cams, Pypes, Steeda UDP, Redline GO Hood struts

#3 OFFLINE   singularity

singularity

Michael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 242 posts
  • Joined 17-September 10
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

looks great :)
GT500 L&M Built Aluminum 5.4 9.5:1 CR:: 2.8L L/C KB :: GR40TT w/ decambered rear :: Recaros :: Baer Extreme Brakes Fr/Rr :: Bassani Exhaust :: Forgeline GA3Rs

Full Build Details here:
http://www.fordgt500...ead.php?t=12227

#4 OFFLINE   Grabber

Grabber

TS Member #26

• 35,111 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
  • Region:Pacific Northwest

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

Looks fantastic. SpeedDawg knobs are wonderful. I have a few of them on my Mustangs. Chris at SpeedDawg is a good guy too.

I agree....they look great. I bought Mrs. Grabber one for her White and Red 500.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
GRABBER Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image 2007 GRABBER ORANGE GT500 Coupe ordered 10/13/06. Sub to plant 12/14/06. Scheduled 1/16/07. Bucked 1/17/07. Released From Plant 1/19/07. Plant Quality Hold 1/19/07. Off Plant Quality Hold 2/21/07. Shipped 2/22/07. Delivered 3/8/07. New 2008 2nd Gen. Tranny & Nickle Hub Clutch & Flywheel & Lube & CSC bearing 1/16/2008. New 2009 2nd Gen. Flywheel & another new Nickel Hub Clutch & Pilot Bearing 8/8/08. New 2010 Clutch and flywheel and slave cylinder & pilot bearing and clutch line 8/2/12
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users