#391 OFFLINE   patrickshelby

patrickshelby

Team Shelby Member

• World-Wide Region
  • 939 posts
  • Joined 20-October 08
  • Region:European Union

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

You did not want to have the mesh in front of the heat exchanger also?

#392 OFFLINE   jskup1

jskup1

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12
  • Region:South Atlantic

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

You did not want to have the mesh in front of the heat exchanger also?

No, I didn't want to change the "open" look entirely to where it did't look like it matched the upper grille.

#393 OFFLINE   WJinLV

WJinLV

WJ in Vegas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12
  • Region:Mountain
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

I am planning on putting that black mesh inside my open grille and the HE. But, I havent figured out how I want it secured in. The website sells a black rubber strip to frame the mesh, kinda like door trim and uses tie-downs, but Im not sure I want that. There has to be a better way. Suggestions?
2013 Shelby GT500. Performance White Sonic Blue Stripes. Airaid SynthaMax filter. JLT dual oil separators. FRPP resonator delete. Redline hood struts. Michelin PSS, 275/40/19, 285/35/20. Smoked markers. Shelby shifter. Jaeger brothers stone guards. GT350 style rear window covers. Lloyd's mats.

#394 OFFLINE   Crushinator

Crushinator

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 341 posts
  • Joined 01-August 10
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Has anyone else installed an Afco dual fan heat exchanger that did the '13 grilles? I just did the h/e today, and the only bad part
is that you can see the top of the intercooler pump sticking out. There's no way around it. The pump mounts on the top. When I
was wrapping up the install, I hadn't even thought about it until my wife walked in the garage and said, "won't you see that sticking
up with the open grille on there?". I stepped back and thought I had a big problem. Fortuntaly I got everything back together and
you can see it, but not as bad as I thought. Standing right in front of the car looking down, yes, then you can clearly see the pump.
From straight on, you can just see the top of it. I guess when it's all said and done, it's definitely worth it for the added cooling of the
h/e. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone with a '13 talking about it that may have done the upgraded h/e. Or maybe, no one has yet.
2012 Grabber Blue SVTPP
'13 2.3 TVS, VMP 2.4" pulley, JLT 127 w/ PowerStack Filter, 170 stat, Ford Racing 65MM T/B
Afco dual fan H/E, tune by Justin at VMP
672 RWHP 656 RWTQ

Posted Image

#395 OFFLINE   jskup1

jskup1

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

I am planning on putting that black mesh inside my open grille and the HE. But, I havent figured out how I want it secured in. The website sells a black rubber strip to frame the mesh, kinda like door trim and uses tie-downs, but Im not sure I want that. There has to be a better way. Suggestions?

I bought a bunch of that black rubber trim that I won't use, let me know if you'd like some. I don't think you could secure it to the grille or bumper with ties, but you probably could if you layed the mesh flush with the HE and tied it down to that. Mine won't budge with the rtv holding it in.

#396 OFFLINE   WJinLV

WJinLV

WJ in Vegas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

I bought a bunch of that black rubber trim that I won't use, let me know if you'd like some. I don't think you could secure it to the grille or bumper with ties, but you probably could if you layed the mesh flush with the HE and tied it down to that. Mine won't budge with the rtv holding it in.

Thanks. I think flush with the HE defeats the purpose as a stone hitting the mesh will also hit the HE. Mounting on the backside of the grille seems best, but how to do it? Is the open grille easily removable? If so, the mesh could probably be hot glued to the back of it. Got any pics of yours?
2013 Shelby GT500. Performance White Sonic Blue Stripes. Airaid SynthaMax filter. JLT dual oil separators. FRPP resonator delete. Redline hood struts. Michelin PSS, 275/40/19, 285/35/20. Smoked markers. Shelby shifter. Jaeger brothers stone guards. GT350 style rear window covers. Lloyd's mats.

#397 OFFLINE   jskup1

jskup1

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

I didn't take any pics of the back, but I basically just trimmed the mesh allowing about 1/2" on all sides. then I bent the mesh around the opening and used Black RTV to glue it down. The mesh won't sit flush inside the openings unless you trim the grille down a litle as the bottom and sides protrude in more than the top. This was necessary for me anyway for it to fit with the brake ducts. The grille is pretty easy to remove with the bumper off as there are about 8-10 tabs that need released. When I put the brake duct kit in, I post pics of the back of the grille.

Edited by jskup1, 12 November 2012 - 05:21 AM.

#398 OFFLINE   betiwin

betiwin

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 12-July 11
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

Did most of you guys install the lower brace below the HE that the 2013 comes stock with? Also when you guys talk about trimming is that only if you have a brake duct kit? If not is it just a pop in pop out affair?

Thanks

#399 OFFLINE   jskup1

jskup1

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

I have the brace, but haven't put it on yet. For the lower grille to snap all the way in, the bezel's where the brake ducts attach to the bumper have to be trimmed off or you could do what did and trim some of the grille off. Either way, you need to trim. Many pics in this thread to show you exactly.

Edited by jskup1, 19 December 2012 - 04:10 AM.

#400 OFFLINE   NMAv

NMAv

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Joined 10-January 11
  • Interests:hockey, family, weight lifting, cars

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Installed the upper today. Didn't have to pull the front clip to do so - only discovered this after unbolting everything and starting to pull the clip. Easy modification. Not going to do the lower at this time.

~ NMAv

2011 highly modified Shelby GT500 with SVTPP (Kona Blue)

#401 OFFLINE   SVT1159

SVT1159

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 06-September 12
  • Region:Other

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Ok so I took the bumper cover off, installed the 13 grills and as I am putting the cover back on I reconnect the side marker and fog lights. So knowing my luck I decided to make sure they both work before I completely reinstall the cover and low and behold the driving lights dont work. Re checked the connection and both are plugged in. Any ideas???

#402 OFFLINE   SVT1159

SVT1159

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 06-September 12
  • Region:Other

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

ok forget it. I guess I am a little dumb. I tried starting the car and checking and they work. I never knew they didnt come on when car off.

#403 OFFLINE   Amigo GT500

Amigo GT500

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,410 posts
  • Joined 05-July 11
  • Interests:Harley Davidson Motorcycles

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

ok forget it. I guess I am a little dumb. I tried starting the car and checking and they work. I never knew they didnt come on when car off.

:hysterical2:

2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake - CSM 12SS0214 - Performance White, Black Stripes, Black Wheels, Wide Body

1989 Shelby Dakota #180 - Engine Serial Number KN652001809 - White, Black & Silver Stripes (1 of 500)

2003 Shelby Pagsta Mini Motorcycle - VIN 1J9RR11573C273523 (1 of 25) - Blue, Silver Tribal. Signed by Carroll Shelby

2011 Shelby Felt Bicycle - #SF134 (1 of 500) - White, Blue Stripes

I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict. Carroll Shelby

#404 OFFLINE   Haynico

Haynico

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 08-March 13
  • Region:Northeast
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

Nice! '13 grilles really add to the already awesome front end. How diificult was installation for both top and bottom?

#405 OFFLINE   WJinLV

WJinLV

WJ in Vegas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

Did you consider putting on screens to protect the radiator and HE now that they are wide open to the road and elements? Here is mine.

Attached Files

Edited by WJinLV, 08 March 2013 - 07:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users