#61 OFFLINE   patrickshelby

patrickshelby

Team Shelby Member

• World-Wide Region
  • 932 posts
  • Joined 20-October 08
  • Region:European Union

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

I didnt have thought about this. You are right....Two different types of plastic...

Hey Amigo,
Look at that forum here in teamshelby:
2013 Track Pack, Brake Cooling Ducts and Fog Lamp Delete

And you'll see that there is one version that blocks the sides of the lower grilles and another one (track pack?) that seems to have a radiator (oil cooler-s) behind a duct...
Definitely an optional plastic choice for two different pkg but no brake cooling ducts it seems...
I would guess you would be able to buy the block off plastic and then either leave them like that or have your brake duct bezels punched into them and then have functional brake cooling.

#62 OFFLINE   Amigo GT500

Amigo GT500

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,396 posts
  • Joined 05-July 11
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Harley Davidson Motorcycles

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:54 AM

Hey Amigo,
Look at that forum here in teamshelby:
2013 Track Pack, Brake Cooling Ducts and Fog Lamp Delete

And you'll see that there is one version that blocks the sides of the lower grilles and another one (track pack?) that seems to have a radiator (oil cooler-s) behind a duct...
Definitely an optional plastic choice for two different pkg but no brake cooling ducts it seems...
I would guess you would be able to buy the block off plastic and then either leave them like that or have your brake duct bezels punched into them and then have functional brake cooling.

Thanks mi amigo...I will check it...

2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake - CSM 12SS0214 - Performance White, Black Stripes, Black Wheels, Wide Body

1989 Shelby Dakota #180 - Engine Serial Number KN652001809 - White, Black & Silver Stripes (1 of 500)

2003 Shelby Pagsta Mini Motorcycle - VIN 1J9RR11573C273523 (1 of 25) - Blue, Silver Tribal. Signed by Carroll Shelby

2011 Shelby Felt Bicycle - #SF134 (1 of 500) - White, Blue Stripes

I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict. Carroll Shelby

#63 OFFLINE   Ninjak

Ninjak

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 19-February 12
  • Interests:Mustangs of all years.

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hmm I saw your car at the Shelby Tribute the other day. The 13 grill did look nice on your car. The hood looked nice as well, though I think I would have gone with the 45 degree slots. Nice setup though on your ride.
The 13 in the showrrom was nice, but lol at the 14,700 ADM they attached to it. !
click links !

65 Screaming Yellow Coupe. Ol Yella
351w Bore 0.40, TFW Heads: TFW Track Heat cam, Wieland Stealth Intake, Holley Street Avenger 670cfm. MSD Ignition, Headman Midtubes 1 3/4, C4, Noel's custom made 2 3/4 H-Pipe with Magnaflow's & Trumpet tips.
11 GT500 PP RaceRed w/ White Stripes
VMP TVS, AR 1-7/8 Longtubes, HF Cat X-pipe, Corsa Catback, SM DS, FRRP CJ TB/123 CAI, 2.4 w/ Shelby Idler, MGW, Steeda LCA, Invo 275/19 / 315/20 Tune by VMP

#64 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Mountain Region
  • 7,010 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

The 13 in the showrrom was nice, but lol at the 14,700 ADM they attached to it. !

I heard there's a Dealer in Texas that has a $50K ADP on their 2013 GT500's.

The sad part is, he'll probably get it.

Phill
2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Subframe K-member - Tubular Front A-arms - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - KR Style Front Brake Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets - Shelby/BMR Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar tires~

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Baer Extreme Rear Brakes; Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails, Shelby Alcoa 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake style wheels; NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box, Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock, Raptor shift light, ZEX N2O kit, Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

#65 OFFLINE   Amigo GT500

Amigo GT500

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,396 posts
  • Joined 05-July 11

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hmm I saw your car at the Shelby Tribute the other day. The 13 grill did look nice on your car. The hood looked nice as well, though I think I would have gone with the 45 degree slots. Nice setup though on your ride.

Thanks......

2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake - CSM 12SS0214 - Performance White, Black Stripes, Black Wheels, Wide Body

1989 Shelby Dakota #180 - Engine Serial Number KN652001809 - White, Black & Silver Stripes (1 of 500)

2003 Shelby Pagsta Mini Motorcycle - VIN 1J9RR11573C273523 (1 of 25) - Blue, Silver Tribal. Signed by Carroll Shelby

I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict. Carroll Shelby

#66 OFFLINE   Crushinator

Crushinator

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 341 posts
  • Joined 01-August 10
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

Sorry to ask this if it has been answered. Can this be done on the car? Do the stock pieces come out and the '13 pieces bolt right in? I'm all for doing this as long as
I don't have to take the front end off.
2012 Grabber Blue SVTPP
'13 2.3 TVS, VMP 2.4" pulley, JLT 127 w/ PowerStack Filter, 170 stat, Ford Racing 65MM T/B
Afco dual fan H/E, tune by Justin at VMP
672 RWHP 656 RWTQ

Posted Image

#67 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Mountain Region
  • 7,010 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

Sorry to ask this if it has been answered. Can this be done on the car? Do the stock pieces come out and the '13 pieces bolt right in? I'm all for doing this as long as
I don't have to take the front end off.

You have to get to the backside of the grilles to remove them. I don't think it can be done with the front facia on the car.

It's *real* easy to pull the facia. A few screws in the wheelwells, two small bolts on top and pop the fenders out of the sides. Comes right off in your hands.

It's harder to pull the grilles out of the facia than it is to pull the facia off of the car.

Phill
2010 GT500 Coupe

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Subframe K-member - Tubular Front A-arms - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - KR Style Front Brake Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets - Shelby/BMR Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar tires~

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Baer Extreme Rear Brakes; Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails, Shelby Alcoa 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake style wheels; NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box, Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock, Raptor shift light, ZEX N2O kit, Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

#68 OFFLINE   patrickshelby

patrickshelby

Team Shelby Member

• World-Wide Region
  • 932 posts
  • Joined 20-October 08

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

Got mine today from Tousley :rockon:

Anyone having the Email address of Tousley spare parts dept?
I am overseas and would like to ask if they would ship those 13' over here...
thx

#69 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Mountain Region
  • 7,010 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

Anyone having the Email address of Tousley spare parts dept?
I am overseas and would like to ask if they would ship those 13' over here...
thx

Do you have a APO?

I can't speak for Tousley but most US retailers won't ship overseas unless it's to a APO.

I'll see if I can find the e-mail I had from Tousley in my mailbox. It's been awhile so it'll be buried but I'll look (if I haven't deleted it).

Phill
2010 GT500 Coupe

#70 OFFLINE   patrickshelby

patrickshelby

Team Shelby Member

• World-Wide Region
  • 932 posts
  • Joined 20-October 08

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

Do you have a APO?

I can't speak for Tousley but most US retailers won't ship overseas unless it's to a APO.

I'll see if I can find the e-mail I had from Tousley in my mailbox. It's been awhile so it'll be buried but I'll look (if I haven't deleted it).

Phill

Understand.
Have part of family living in MIA...that would help if Tousley cannot ship overseas.
thx

#71 OFFLINE   blackout

blackout

Blackout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 01-July 11

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

I think you can respond to tousleyfordparts@live.com.

Blackout

#72 OFFLINE   patrickshelby

patrickshelby

Team Shelby Member

• World-Wide Region
  • 932 posts
  • Joined 20-October 08

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:29 AM

Thanks Blackout!

#73 OFFLINE   jskup1

jskup1

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

Installed my grills today. The lower one wouldn't snap in along the bottom with the brake ducts there, so I cut them out. I'll look for the plastic pieces that the non track pack cars seem to have and mold the ducts into those. I'll probably also either paint the radiator and heat exchanger black, or put some black wire mesh in front of them. I love the open look over the honeycomb!

Attached Files

#74 OFFLINE   Burning Blue Star IV

Burning Blue Star IV

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,335 posts
  • Joined 14-June 09
  • Interests:Hockey, Music, Love, Astronomy,country roads, camping, great food, Wine, playing guitar, Sci-Fi & Computers

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

Installed my grills today.

Lookin' good jskup1!
2010 Shelby GT500
Posted Image

#75 OFFLINE   Amigo GT500

Amigo GT500

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,396 posts
  • Joined 05-July 11

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

Installed my grills today. The lower one wouldn't snap in along the bottom with the brake ducts there, so I cut them out. I'll look for the plastic pieces that the non track pack cars seem to have and mold the ducts into those. I'll probably also either paint the radiator and heat exchanger black, or put some black wire mesh in front of them. I love the open look over the honeycomb!

That was that I thought to do as well......if you find some that looks fine please let me know.......BTW, your car looks great!

#76 OFFLINE   Burning Blue Star IV

Burning Blue Star IV

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,335 posts
  • Joined 14-June 09
  • Interests:Hockey, Music, Love, Astronomy,country roads, camping, great food, Wine, playing guitar, Sci-Fi & Computers

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:01 AM

I'll probably also either paint the radiator and heat exchanger black, or put some black wire mesh in front of them.

Are you really able to just paint the radiator and exchanger? I would be worried if the paint would in some way hinder cooling to a point. I don't like the idea of putting mesh or something in front of them.
2010 Shelby GT500
Posted Image

#77 OFFLINE   jskup1

jskup1

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:06 AM

A company called Eastwood makes a paint specifically designed for radiators. It's much thinner and more like a dye than a traditional high heat paint. It's similar to what most manufactures use to paint their radiators or stencil them such as the Shelby / C&R Heat Exchangers.

#78 OFFLINE   Burning Blue Star IV

Burning Blue Star IV

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,335 posts
  • Joined 14-June 09

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

A company called Eastwood makes a paint specifically designed for radiators. It's much thinner and more like a dye than a traditional high heat paint. It's similar to what most manufactures use to paint their radiators or stencil them such as the Shelby / C&R Heat Exchangers.

Thanks for that tip Jskup1...I'm familar with that company and get their catalogs from time to time.
2010 Shelby GT500
Posted Image

#79 OFFLINE   Amigo GT500

Amigo GT500

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,396 posts
  • Joined 05-July 11

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:14 AM

Thanks mi amigo...I will find out.....I would paint only the radiator. I won't paint the HE since the SHELBY word is on it...

#80 OFFLINE   Amigo GT500

Amigo GT500

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,396 posts
  • Joined 05-July 11

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:26 AM

Standard engine paints are too thick for radiator use because they can interfere with heat transfer and block air flow between the cooling fins. Also, standard paint tends to flake off radiator tanks. EASTWOOD Radiator Black helps solve this problem. Durable Enamel formulation resists temperatures up to 250ºF, gas and chipping. One can covers 6 square feet (most radiators require 2 cans). Net wt. 12 oz $15 in amazon.com
Attached File  41SqlfWzCgL__SS500_.jpg   26.11KB   15 downloads

Edited by Amigo GT500, 05 June 2012 - 05:27 AM.

#81 OFFLINE   Boidster

Boidster

Shelby Amateur

• Northern Plains Region
  • 256 posts
  • Joined 19-December 11
  • Region:Northern Plains

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

Thanks mi amigo...I will find out.....I would paint only the radiator. I won't paint the HE since the SHELBY word is on it...

Paint it black and re-stencil the SHELBY in red?
- 2012 GT500 in Performance White, stripe delete, SVTPP, nav, resonator delete, some under-hood bling
- 1967 Mustang 289 Vinyl-Top Coupe in Sauterne Gold, 50K miles, factory exterior, light performance upgrades
- You don't care about my other cars, past or present

#82 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Mountain Region
  • 7,010 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

Paint it black and re-stencil the SHELBY in red?

Hmmm. In my case, maybe paint it Kona Blue with Shelby in White...To match my car. HMMMMMMM.

That would work with a dark color such as black or blue but not too sure about a red/white, orange/white, grabber blue/white, etc....

Phill
2010 GT500 Coupe

#83 OFFLINE   patrickshelby

patrickshelby

Team Shelby Member

• World-Wide Region
  • 932 posts
  • Joined 20-October 08

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

I didnt have thought about this. You are right....Two different types of plastic...

Cars with the track pkg. use the right hand opening to direct air to an engine external oil cooler + The left hand opening to a differential external oil cooler.
(The transmission cooler sits in frt. of the main radiator).

#84 OFFLINE   Crushinator

Crushinator

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 341 posts
  • Joined 01-August 10

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

Were you able to do it with the front end still on the car? That's my main hangup about ordering these. I actually ordered them then cancelled the next day when I thought the front end had to be removed.
2012 Grabber Blue SVTPP
'13 2.3 TVS, VMP 2.4" pulley, JLT 127 w/ PowerStack Filter, 170 stat, Ford Racing 65MM T/B
672 RWHP 656 RWTQ

Posted Image

#85 OFFLINE   jskup1

jskup1

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Had to remove the bumper, but it is SUPER simple. If you need any guidance at all, let me know.

#86 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Mountain Region
  • 7,010 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

Had to remove the bumper, but it is SUPER simple. If you need any guidance at all, let me know.

I've posted that already...at least three different times.

Phill
2010 GT500 Coupe

#87 OFFLINE   Crushinator

Crushinator

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 341 posts
  • Joined 01-August 10

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

I've posted that already...at least three different times.

Phill

I know you did Phil. Doesn't hurt to ask 4 times though. :shrug: Last time I'll ask. I promise. :petting:

I'll probably reorder them and just get it over with. I worry about everything not going back together prefectly though.
2012 Grabber Blue SVTPP
672 RWHP 656 RWTQ

Posted Image

#88 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Mountain Region
  • 7,010 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

I'll probably reorder them and just get it over with. I worry about everything not going back together prefectly though.

No, seriously. It's really REALLY easy to pull that front facia. I remember the first time I did it and had to come back here and read how to a few times. Then once I did it, I've done it a number of times just because it's so easy to do. I did it to put my front brake cooling ducts on although most guys do that on the car.

Once I learned just how easy it is, NO hesitation to do it again...and again...and again!

And I do it the "long version" way. I pull the splitter and belly pan off separately.

Phill
2010 GT500 Coupe

#89 OFFLINE   Crushinator

Crushinator

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 341 posts
  • Joined 01-August 10

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Excellent to hear Phil! I take it then that there's a tutorial on how to do it? I'll have to look around and see if I can find it to review it before I do it. Now all I need is to have my lower sides and lower back end painted and
it'll look just like a '13. Of course, I still have to wait for someone to make replica taillights that fit.
2012 Grabber Blue SVTPP
672 RWHP 656 RWTQ

Posted Image

#90 OFFLINE   Burning Blue Star IV

Burning Blue Star IV

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,335 posts
  • Joined 14-June 09

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

I worry about everything not going back together prefectly though.

I always worry about breaking some plastic tab or something. Although...I've ripped apart my door panels, radio bezel and entire backseat interior when I upgraded the speakers and managed to get it all back together...so the front bumper cover should be much easier.
I think in a way - it's the thought of seeing something that you drool over most the time...suddenly lose it's front end appeal that is so unnerving! :o
2010 Shelby GT500
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users