Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined 07-April 12
  • Region:Great Lakes
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

I just noticed yesterday on my '13 that when you are stopped on an up incline - the car holds the brakes for you until you start to release the clutch. Not sure if I like it or not - just interesting. Maybe it is for people who don't know how to drive a clutch...

B)

As I am a first time Shelby owner - maybe this is nothing new...

#2 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Mountain Region
  • 7,238 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

I just noticed yesterday on my '13 that when you are stopped on an up incline - the car holds the brakes for you until you start to release the clutch. Not sure if I like it or not - just interesting. Maybe it is for people who don't know how to drive a clutch...
As I am a first time Shelby owner - maybe this is nothing new...

I've never seen ANYTHING advertised on that. I know my 2010 doesn't have it.

You sure your rear brakes aren't hanging? I *have* seen issues with that.

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#3 OFFLINE   bergenfelter

bergenfelter

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined 07-April 12
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

I've never seen ANYTHING advertised on that. I know my 2010 doesn't have it.

You sure your rear brakes aren't hanging? I *have* seen issues with that.

Phill

No - it is the real deal - I drove a BMW once with it.

#4 OFFLINE   devious_stang

devious_stang

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 484 posts
  • Joined 25-April 12
  • Region:South Atlantic

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

It was an announced feature for all the 2013 manual cars, I originally thought it was not on the GT500 but it is...new for this year. I dont need it though, its there for lazy stick drivers lol
2013 GT500 (Crystal)

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   bergenfelter

bergenfelter

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined 07-April 12
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

It was an announced feature for all the 2013 manual cars, I originally thought it was not on the GT500 but it is...new for this year. I dont need it though, its there for lazy stick drivers lol

:yup:

#6 OFFLINE   verlyn12

verlyn12

Team Shelby New Member

• Northern Plains Region
  • 404 posts
  • Joined 25-December 11
  • Region:Northern Plains
  • Interests:farming and ranching, travelling, grandkids and car shows
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

The first time I drove in a larger city than 1400-I was terrifed of three things.
1. I would roll back at a stop light and hit someone
2. I would kill the engine
3. I would lay a patch trying not to do either of the first 2
I made it out of town after a couple of days of meetings without any mishaps and breathed a sigh of relief!

#7 OFFLINE   Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

From the 2013 Mustang Owner's Manual:

HILL START ASSIST (IF EQUIPPED)
WARNING: The hill start assist feature does not replace the parking brake. When you leave the vehicle, always apply the parking brake and shift the transmission into P (Park) for automatic transmission or 1st gear for manual transmissions.
WARNING: You must remain in the vehicle once you have activated the hill start assist feature.
WARNING: During all times, you are responsible for controlling the vehicle, supervising the hill start assist system and intervening, if required.
WARNING: If the engine is revved excessively, or if a malfunction is detected when the hill start assist feature is active, the hill start assist feature will be deactivated.

This feature makes it easier to pull away when the vehicle is on a slope without the need to use the parking brake. When this feature is active, the vehicle will remain stationary on the slope for two to three seconds after you release the brake pedal. This allows you time to move your foot from the brake to the accelerator pedal. The brakes are released automatically once the engine has developed sufficient drive to prevent the vehicle from rolling down the slope. This is an advantage when pulling away on a slope, (for example from a car park ramp, traffic lights or when reversing uphill into a parking space).
This feature is activated automatically on any slope that can result in significant vehicle rollback. This feature will not operate if the parking brake is activated.

Using Hill Start Assist
Note: If the engine is revved excessively, hill start assist will be deactivated.
1. Press the brake pedal to bring the vehicle to a complete standstill. Keep the brake pedal pressed.
2. If the sensors detect that the vehicle is on a slope, the hill start assist feature will be activated automatically.
3. When you remove your foot from the brake pedal, the vehicle will remain on the slope without rolling away for approximately two or three seconds. This hold time will automatically be extended if you are in the process of driving off.
4. Drive off in the normal manner. The brakes will be released automatically.

Disabling and Enabling the Hill Start Assist Feature
Your vehicle comes with hill start assist already enabled. If desired, you can disable the feature by following the procedure below.
The following procedure must be completed within 45 seconds or the process will have to be repeated. Begin this procedure with the ignition turned off. This procedure is for both disabling and enabling the hill start assist system.
1. Apply parking brake to make sure the vehicle is not moving.
2. Turn the ignition on.
3. Place the vehicle in neutral gear.
4. Slowly press and release the brake pedal five times – make sure the brake pedal is completely released each time.
5. Rotate the steering wheel at least one full turn to the right and return the steering wheel to the original starting position.
6. Rotate the steering wheel at least one full turn to the left and return the steering wheel to the original starting position.
7. Slowly press and release the brake pedal five times – ensure the brake pedal is completely released each time.
When the procedure has been completed successfully the ABS icon in the instrument cluster will flash:
• three times indicating that the feature has been disabled.
• twice indicating it has been enabled.
Once the feature is programmed as desired, it will remain in that mode until the above procedure is repeated.
Note: When the AdvanceTrac system is disabled (see the Traction Control chapter in your Owner’s Manual for information on how to do this), the hill start assist feature is also disabled for the duration that the AdvanceTrac system is in that mode. Re-enabling AdvanceTrac_ will also re-enable hill start assist.
Note: If you have used the above procedure to disable the hill start assist feature, then enabling or disabling AdvanceTrac will not affect the hill start assist system.

2013 GT500 Coupe - HPW with Black Stripes - SVT PP - SVT TP - Redline Hood Struts - Yeager Bros Front Gravel Guards - Bob's Oil Separator -AirAid Blue Non-Oiled Air Filter - CarboTech 1521 Ceramic Brake Pads - Resonator Eliminator Kit - WeatherTech Floor Mats
Car Ordered 5-27-2012 - Delivered 1-26-2013

#8 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

It will really help by not having to slip the clutch. I wish the FGT had this feature since it really gets unhappy on uphill starts, it doesn't like slipping at all...
Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#9 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Mountain Region
  • 7,238 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

Good to know. This is the first I'd heard about it.

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#10 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:29 AM

This will also be useful in clutch life. Plus it's better than using the parking brake to help you
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
Front splitter curb alert system
Super snake carbon fiber splitter
APR Performance carbon fiber mirror assembly
JLT CF resonator delete w/blue airaid Filter
Shelby transmission cooler scoope
BMR UCA with Mount, BMR adjustable panhard bar
Bob's billet LCA and bob's oil separator
FRPP springs
HRE p40 w/Michelin Super sport tires

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#11 OFFLINE   svtbird91

svtbird91

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • Joined 30-July 05

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:47 AM

It will really help by not having to slip the clutch. I wish the FGT had this feature since it really gets unhappy on uphill starts, it doesn't like slipping at all...

Easy peasy ....Just use the hand brake on a hill....works the same way as "hill assist"....even better IMO.

#12 OFFLINE   YZD263

YZD263

Team Shelby Member

• Team Shelby Club Member
  • 1,906 posts
  • Joined 25-February 07
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Cars, Pro Football, F1 Racing

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:00 AM

Not a bad feature to have in my opinion. May help prolong the clutch life. This is hardly new technology though. If I remember correctly, Subarus have had a similar system for for many years (I think they already used it in the '80s).
2009 Shelby GT500 KR
Vista Blue, Silver Stripes

Purchased 10-21-11

CSM 09KR0628

#13 OFFLINE   devious_stang

devious_stang

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 484 posts
  • Joined 25-April 12

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

I never used the parking brake on a hill. foot work was enough to keep from rolling back more than a inch.....interesting
2013 GT500 (Crystal)

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   ChrisSD

ChrisSD

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Joined 23-August 09

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

Only a female would need this.

#15 OFFLINE   Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

I wouldn't have much use for it where I live, but I can see were it be worthwhile in a place with a lot of hills like San Francisco. It would just take me a while to trust it to work.

2013 GT500 Coupe - HPW with Black Stripes - SVT PP - SVT TP - Redline Hood Struts - Yeager Bros Front Gravel Guards - Bob's Oil Separator -AirAid Blue Non-Oiled Air Filter - CarboTech 1521 Ceramic Brake Pads - Resonator Eliminator Kit - WeatherTech Floor Mats

#16 OFFLINE   bergenfelter

bergenfelter

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined 07-April 12
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

I wouldn't have much use for it where I live, but I can see were it be worthwhile in a place with a lot of hills like San Francisco. It would just take me a while to trust it to work.

That's what I thought - will take a while for me to trust it - and also - how long will it hold the brakes - have not tried that experiment yet.

#17 OFFLINE   Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

Now you will experience the feeling that the test pilot felt when he tested the first Auto Landing system in a new airplane. I wonder if he took his hands off the wheel and his feet off the pedals on the first landing?

#18 OFFLINE   glroy

glroy

Team Shelby Member

• Team Shelby Club Member
  • 1,509 posts
  • Joined 05-February 08
  • Interests:Road trips
    car shows
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

From the 2013 Mustang Owner's Manual:

HILL START ASSIST (IF EQUIPPED)
WARNING: The hill start assist feature does not replace the parking brake. When you leave the vehicle, always apply the parking brake and shift the transmission into P (Park) for automatic transmission or 1st gear for manual transmissions.
WARNING: You must remain in the vehicle once you have activated the hill start assist feature.
WARNING: During all times, you are responsible for controlling the vehicle, supervising the hill start assist system and intervening, if required.
WARNING: If the engine is revved excessively, or if a malfunction is detected when the hill start assist feature is active, the hill start assist feature will be deactivated.

This feature makes it easier to pull away when the vehicle is on a slope without the need to use the parking brake. When this feature is active, the vehicle will remain stationary on the slope for two to three seconds after you release the brake pedal. This allows you time to move your foot from the brake to the accelerator pedal. The brakes are released automatically once the engine has developed sufficient drive to prevent the vehicle from rolling down the slope. This is an advantage when pulling away on a slope, (for example from a car park ramp, traffic lights or when reversing uphill into a parking space).
This feature is activated automatically on any slope that can result in significant vehicle rollback. This feature will not operate if the parking brake is activated.

Using Hill Start Assist
Note: If the engine is revved excessively, hill start assist will be deactivated.
1. Press the brake pedal to bring the vehicle to a complete standstill. Keep the brake pedal pressed.
2. If the sensors detect that the vehicle is on a slope, the hill start assist feature will be activated automatically.
3. When you remove your foot from the brake pedal, the vehicle will remain on the slope without rolling away for approximately two or three seconds. This hold time will automatically be extended if you are in the process of driving off.
4. Drive off in the normal manner. The brakes will be released automatically.

Disabling and Enabling the Hill Start Assist Feature
Your vehicle comes with hill start assist already enabled. If desired, you can disable the feature by following the procedure below.
The following procedure must be completed within 45 seconds or the process will have to be repeated. Begin this procedure with the ignition turned off. This procedure is for both disabling and enabling the hill start assist system.
1. Apply parking brake to make sure the vehicle is not moving.
2. Turn the ignition on.
3. Place the vehicle in neutral gear.
4. Slowly press and release the brake pedal five times – make sure the brake pedal is completely released each time.
5. Rotate the steering wheel at least one full turn to the right and return the steering wheel to the original starting position.
6. Rotate the steering wheel at least one full turn to the left and return the steering wheel to the original starting position.
7. Slowly press and release the brake pedal five times – ensure the brake pedal is completely released each time.
When the procedure has been completed successfully the ABS icon in the instrument cluster will flash:
• three times indicating that the feature has been disabled.
• twice indicating it has been enabled.
Once the feature is programmed as desired, it will remain in that mode until the above procedure is repeated.
Note: When the AdvanceTrac system is disabled (see the Traction Control chapter in your Owner’s Manual for information on how to do this), the hill start assist feature is also disabled for the duration that the AdvanceTrac system is in that mode. Re-enabling AdvanceTrac_ will also re-enable hill start assist.
Note: If you have used the above procedure to disable the hill start assist feature, then enabling or disabling AdvanceTrac will not affect the hill start assist system.

Was Microsoft involved with the hill assist programing. MGC what a pain in the a$$. It really mess with you, it is like you donot have control of the car on a hill. This feature is getting turned off next tim I am in the car!!!
Vehicle
2007 Shelby GT500
Last Updated Apr 09 2013 10:37 AM

Vehicle
1993 Mustang GT
Last Updated Apr 09 2013 10:36 AM

Vehicle
2013 Shelby GT500
Last Updated Apr 09 2013 10:36 AM

Mods by

Mackenzie's Mustang Supply

It's worth the trip

• Metco 2.80" Upper Pulley
  • MAC Custom axle back mufflers W/4"tips
  • Steeda Extreme Duty Billitt Lower Control Arms
  • Adjustable Upper Rear Control Arm
  • Maximum Motorsports Adjustable Pan Hard Bar
  • H&R Rear Lowering Springs
  • Painted Rear End
  • SPEC Twin SS Clutch and Flywheel
  • KR Axle Reservoir
  • Shelby/Baer Racing Black 6 Piston brakes, Slotted and Drilled 14" Front and 13" Rear Baer Rotors
  • Innovators West 10% Overdrive Balancer
  • Shelby Shifter Warranty; no more rattle in 2nd (having the first is not always the best)
  • Dynotech 1 Piece Driveshaft
  • Maximum Motorsports/Shelby Camber/Caster Plates W/ Spherical Bearing
  • H&R Front & Rear Sway Bars W/ Billet End Links
  • Tokico D-Spec 16 way Adjustable Shocks & Struts
  • Dynotech racing stainless long tube headers, X pipe, 200 cell high flow cats
  • Steeda lower control arm relocation brackets (welded)
  • JLT oil separator
  • hood struts

Mods by
ME

• Steeda HE
  • JLT Carbon Fiber Intake and Mass Air Meter
  • Carbon Fiber KR Mirror Covers
  • Install and mod the Shelby dead pedal (it now stays in place)
  • GT500 sill plates and dash plaque

Mods by
others

• Shelby interior upgrade
  • 373's
  • Detroit Truetrac
  • Build Date 02-22-07

#19 OFFLINE   Norton

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 383 posts
  • Joined 09-June 12

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

It's also worth noting the feature works when going forward AND when backing up.

2013 Coupe, Triple Black, SVTPP, SVTTP, Recaros, Electronics Pkg, Shaker Pro, & Cover / 642HP, 621 FT-LBS
#908 of 1464, Built on 16 Oct, Delivered by Whitney's Value Ford in Elma, WA on 9 Nov
Mods: 
MPSS Tires on Base Wheels, Revan Racing Engine Bay Reservoirs, JLT CF Intake, Airaid SynthaMax Filter, Bob's Ultimate Oil Separator, FRPP Strut Tower Brace, MGW Shifter, SS Brake & Clutch Lines, Ford Racing & AeroForce Interceptor Gauges, Jaeger Bros Stone Guards, VLED 5K CREE Driving Lights, Clutch-Assist Spring Removed, True Forged Heat Extractor, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Plus, Viper Ultra Tint, Bob's Map & License Plate LEDs, Rogue Radar-Mount, Lloyd Mats, Shelby Dash Plaque, CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna, Mobil 1 & Amsoil Lubricants

IMG_0330_zps4304eb1d.jpg

Originally ordered from Phil Long Ford Chapel Hills (CO) on 18 Jun, my order dropped from "#1 of 3" to "#3 of 2" on 19 Sep
Moral of the story: Do NOT shop Phil Long Ford Chapel Hills in Colo Spgs, CO

#20 OFFLINE   devious_stang

devious_stang

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 484 posts
  • Joined 25-April 12

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Its pretty annoying....I can work the clutch/brake/throttle myself just fine and prevent excessive roll back

I would have preferred they leave this feature out and give us something more useful such as power passenger seats

Edited by devious_stang, 03 February 2013 - 09:54 AM.

2013 GT500 (Crystal)

Posted Image

#21 OFFLINE   jnf

jnf

Team Shelby Member

• Mountain Region
  • 981 posts
  • Joined 01-December 08

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Its pretty annoying....I can work the clutch/brake/throttle myself just fine and prevent excessive roll back

I would have preferred they leave this feature out and give us something more useful such as power passenger seats

+1.
I park my car in the single stall of my garage. Very tight opening with 2-3" of clearance on either side.
To make matters worse, my driveway is like a small ski hill. The hill assist is nothing short of a PITA while pulling into the tight garage space.
Might be time to move. Bigger garage, smaller house. Just need to convince the wife on that one.
Jim

07 GT 500 Coupe
White w/ Vista Blue stripes
SLP Loud mouth exhaust
Ford Racing Short Throw with Shelby Ball
Custom CS 69 Special Edition 20" wheels
BMR Upper and lower control arms and brackets
BMR panhard bar, brace and relocation bracket
Eibach Pro lowering springs struts and shocks with front and rear sway bars
Shelby adjustable front end links
VMP 2.59 pulley and tune
JLT Big Air carbon fiber CAI
McLeod RXT twin disc clutch
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 OFFLINE   Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Has anyone had any success disabling the Hill Start Assist? I have tried three times without success.

#23 OFFLINE   bergenfelter

bergenfelter

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined 07-April 12
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Has anyone had any success disabling the Hill Start Assist? I have tried three times without success.

It takes eight people to do it - one to rotate the steering wheel left, one to rotate the steering wheel to the right, and five people to mash the brake pedal five times and a manager to dole out the performance evaluations when the job is complete.

I bet if you took it to your dealership they would do it free of charge if you can't make it happen.

Edited by bergenfelter, 03 February 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#24 OFFLINE   f2redpot

f2redpot

Too Much Fun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 09-January 13
  • Region:Other
  • Interests:Yes.
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Drove through downtown San Francisco yesterday. Hill assist was quite annoying, even on 92% grade inclines. However, it never fails that some knucklehead will always pull up behind me within 2 in of my rear bumper at a stop sign or red light. I can say the hill assist probably saved the lives and well being of some moronic drivers that day. Had I rolled back and dinged my bumper I would have probably had some "come to Jesus" conversations with them in the middle of the street.

Vehicle
Shelby GT500
Last Updated Dec 11 2013 11:40 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users