#1 OFFLINE   terumi71

terumi71

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 10-June 10
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

This is why I try not to get too involved with boxing. The fighters are real. The promoters are scum.

Pacquiao won that fight so hands down.

This is why boxing has such a bad name.

There is no way.

This was bad for boxing going forward.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\My Documents\KR!

#2 OFFLINE   dbackg

dbackg

it's Hammer time

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Joined 13-November 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:2008 Super Snake - Black - vert

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

Agreed.

This is why MMA is better.
SuperSnake. TVS. FRPP CAI. CJ65 TB. VMP *Big TB* Inlet. VMP 2.65 pulley/tune. FORE Billet fuel rails. JLT oil separator. Dynatech exhaust headers. Shelby billet shifter. DYNOTECH 1-piece aluminum drive shaft. 170* thermostat. Shelby Extreme Duty Cooling system. FRPP M-4033-G2 diff girdle cover. 3.73 gears. billet Steeda LCA's & adj UCA. CHE LCA relocations brackets. H&R sway bars. FR3 springs. Tokico D-Specs. Shelby/Fays2 Billet Watts link, Shelby/Baer Big brakes. 20X11.75 rears. Michelin PS2 335/30's.

#3 OFFLINE   Shelby.GT500

Shelby.GT500

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 05-October 10
  • Interests:Fast Cars and Fast Girls

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

You know it doesn't matter man. Everyone knows the packman won it. Cmon will you put Bradley as the top pound for pound fighter now? He got Pacman's belt but not his status. Pure robbery. I can't believe Arum let this happened to his biggest cash cow, or he could be part of it.
http://mustangforums.com/forum/members/lorenzo-albums-my-2011-shelby-gt500-picture34454-lorenzosigv2.jpg Posted Image

2011 Shelby GT500. Black on Black with Silver Stripes.

Previous Cars:
2007 Shelby GT
2005 Mazdaspeed MX-5
1999 Mazda MX-5

#4 OFFLINE   YZD263

YZD263

Team Shelby Member

• Team Shelby Club Member
  • 1,906 posts
  • Joined 25-February 07
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Cars, Pro Football, F1 Racing

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

In this case, I think it is more a matter of judges being clearly incompetent that the result being fixed for some business reasons. From a business standpoint, it did not make sense to have Pacquiao lose this fight against Bradley. Having both Pacquiao and Mayweather win their recent fight would have enable a mega fight between them next fall; I know that so far that fight has seemmed very complicated to make for a multitude of reasons, but this is still the biggest possible money fight for both guys. Instead, there will be a rematch with Bradley on November 10, which would delay a fight with Mayweather until at least next spring. Time is running out for this fignt to happen and both guys will be losing millions by not doing it while they're still in their prime.
2009 Shelby GT500 KR
Vista Blue, Silver Stripes

Purchased 10-21-11

CSM 09KR0628

#5 OFFLINE   terumi71

terumi71

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 10-June 10

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

If I were Bradley, I wouldn't want the belt under these circumstances.

Arum will make a lot of money off the rematch. And then he's betting he will get mayweather and pacman in the ring for the fight we've all been waiting for.

Bad night for boxing. Heinous and fixed? judging. I say fixed only because I can't believe incompetence.

If it was payback for the Marquez fight....this isn't the way to deal with it.

#6 OFFLINE   Shelby.GT500

Shelby.GT500

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 05-October 10

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

If I were Bradley, I wouldn't want the belt under these circumstances. Arum will make a lot of money off the rematch. And then he's betting he will get mayweather and pacman in the ring for the fight we've all been waiting for. Bad night for boxing. Heinous and fixed? judging. I say fixed only because I can't believe incompetence. If it was payback for the Marquez fight....this isn't the way to deal with it.

I say fixed also. Something is up and I have a feeling Arum is part of it. It is funny that Bradley's comment is that he will review the tape to see if he won. :hysterical2: He doesn't even know that he won the fight! Because he knows he did not! You could see it in his eyes before they announced the winner.

Regarding the Marquez fight, that was not a robbery. It was a close fight and it could have gone either way. Pacman is the champion and Marquez was the challenger. Marquez should have fought the way a challenger should on a championship fight. He should have left no doubts in the ring and finished Pacman which did no happen. Instead he back pedaled on several rounds and have Pacman chased him. The champion is not supposed to be the one chasing the challenger in the ring man. This fight on the other hand is pure robbery. Its not even close. If I am generous enough, I can only give Bradley 4 rounds max and not more. He did a good job and tried his best but he lost this fight.
http://mustangforums.com/forum/members/lorenzo-albums-my-2011-shelby-gt500-picture34454-lorenzosigv2.jpg Posted Image

Previous Cars:
2007 Shelby GT
2005 Mazdaspeed MX-5
1999 Mazda MX-5

#7 OFFLINE   terumi71

terumi71

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 10-June 10

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

Agreed on the Marquez fight. Agreed on this fight. And agreed on Arum. He's a snake.

Pacman backed up Bradley for 80-90% of the fight. I didn't think Bradley would make it out of the fifth. He was hurt in the third. Pac was unable to close the deal. Especially in the fifth.

The comments made by Bradley were very telling. Agreed there too.

If Arum's lips are moving, he's lying.

#8 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

This is why I try not to get too involved with boxing. The fighters are real. The promoters are scum.
Pacquiao won that fight so hands down.
This is why boxing has such a bad name.
There is no way.
This was bad for boxing going forward.

That's odd because I saw the same exact fight the Judges did. I called it as a close fight that could go either way, and both were right. The close fight (see the score) and either way (2 judges saw it for Bradley, 1 saw it for Pacquio).

I closed out the so called "Experts" at Ringside along with the blatently biased Larry Mercer and watched the fight without their influence helping me to decide one way or the other.

I called it before the decision was announced and all my buds said I was crazy. When the first two scores were announced as a split decision I figured it was either going to be a draw or they gave it to Pacquio because the old school mentality of "you have to TAKE it from a champion" didn't happen.

As we were waiting for the decision and everyone was proclaiming a Pacquio victory I reminded them all to look at the faces of both fighters and in particular, Bradley's face. Nary a mark on either telling me there weren't a whole lot of power punches landed.

I also noticed Pacquio's facial expression and he was NOT proclaiming that he was robbed, something all fighters do that were robbed. Pacman knew he lost the fight.

Personally I think Pacquio took Bradley for granted, similar to how Mike Tyson did with Buster Douglas.

Bottom line is, Bradley won the fight. Don't believe me? Look at Manny Pacquio's Win/Loss record now!

The notion that Bob Arums somehow threw the fight is ridulous. That just cost him a freakin' FORTUNE. Same with Pacquio...he just cost himself HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of dollars by losing that fight. He should'a picked a fighter that was less skilled than Bradley or just went right to the "money" and fought the REAL fight of the Century..."Money Mayweather"!

And the arrogance that Pacquio showed by showing up late, keeping eveyone waiting a full hour so he could watch the ball game is astounding. He appeared to show everyone he is "bigger than that"....

I DON'T THINK SO!

JMHO,
Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#9 OFFLINE   Shelby.GT500

Shelby.GT500

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 05-October 10

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

I knew it, a Mayweather fan. Cmon even Floyd Sr and Marquez says Pacman won. You would think those two would say otherwise from bitterness. How was that a close fight? Besides the judges, any other expert you know that agree with you? I usually do not like to say to a person that he is wrong, I would rather say I can't agree with you but this time, you are wrong Phill! BTW here are a list of reputable writers who scored if for Pac:

Barry Tompkins, Showtime: 119-110 Pacquiao
Harold Lederman, HBO: 119-109 Pacquiao
Ray Markarian, The Sweet Science: 119-109 Pacquiao
Michael Marley, Examiner: 119-109 Pacquiao
Dan Rafael, ESPN: 119-109 Pacquiao
Vittorio Tafur, San Francisco Chronicle: 119-109 Pacquiao
Michael Woods, The Sweet Science: 119-109 Pacquiao
Ramon Aranda, 3 More Rounds: 118-110 Pacquiao
Mario Cabrera, Boxing Republic: 118-110 Pacquiao
Nigel Collins, ESPN: 118-110 Pacquiao
Mike Coppinger, Ring Magazine: 118-110 Pacquiao
Ace Freeman, Fight Fan: 118-110 Pacquiao
Rich Marotta, KFI Los Angeles: 118-110 Pacquiao
Kelsey McCarson, The Sweet Science: 118-110 Pacquiao
Gabriel Montoya, MaxBoxing: 118-110 Pacquiao
Pete O’Brien, USA Today: 118-110 Pacquiao
Eric Raskin, Grantland: 118-110 Pacquiao
Michael Rosenthal, Ring Magazine: 118-110 Pacquiao
Colin Seymour, Examiner: 118-110 Pacquiao
Ryan Songalia, Ring Magazine: 118-110 Pacquiao
Ryan Burton, Boxing Scene: 117-112 Pacquiao
Scott Christ, Bad Left Hook: 117-111 Pacquiao
Tim Dahlberg, Associated Press: 117-111 Pacquiao
Gareth Davies, London Daily Telegraph: 117-111 Pacquiao
Doug Fischer, Ring Magazine: 117-111 Pacquiao
David Greisman, Boxing Scene: 117-111 Pacquiao
Jorge Hernandez, The Low Blow: 117-111 Pacquiao
Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports: 117-111 Pacquiao
Robert Littal, Black Sports Online: 117-111 Pacquiao
Steve Kim, Max Boxing: 117-111 Pacquiao
Ryan Maquiñana, Comcast SportsNet Bay Area: 117-111 Pacquiao
David Mayo, MLive: 117-111 Pacquiao
Kieran Mulvaney, HBO: 117-111 Pacquiao
Lance Pugmire, Los Angeles Times: 117-111 Pacquiao
Chris Robinson, Boxing Scene: 117-111 Pacquiao
Cliff Rold, Boxing Scene: 117-111 Pacquiao
Champ Ross, Da Truth Boxing: 117-111 Pacquiao
Luis Sandoval, Boxing Scene: 117-111 Pacquiao
Jonathan Sakti, Comcast SportsNet Bay Area: 117-111 Pacquiao
Tim Starks, Queensberry Rules: 117-111 Pacquiao
Richie Tomassini, Comcast SportsNet Bay Area: 117-111 Pacquiao
Darren Velasco, 8 Count News: 117-111 Pacquiao
Rick Reeno, Boxing Scene: 116-112 Pacquiao
George Willis, New York Post: 116-112 Pacquiao
Steve Zemach, Queensberry Rules: 116-112 Pacquiao
Armando Alvarez, Telemundo: 115-113 Pacquiao
Jake Donovan, Boxing Scene: 115-113 Pacquiao
Lem Satterfield, Ring Magazine: 115-113 Pacquiao

Also, name one professional boxer who scored it for Bradley. I mean you can't even say Bradley, I don't know if you've heard what Bradley said to Arum before they announced the winner "I tried my best, I just can't beat him". Look it up.

Edited by Shelby.GT500, 10 June 2012 - 06:50 PM.

Previous Cars:
2007 Shelby GT
2005 Mazdaspeed MX-5
1999 Mazda MX-5

#10 OFFLINE   Larry T

Larry T

• Canada Region
  • 3,072 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:UFC, Shelby's , SOA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

It's just a big money game !!!
NO MANS LAND (1987)

[The car phone in the Porsche rings]
Benjy Taylor: Hello? No, Rick is not here. Who am I? The guy stealing Rick's car...

2006 SHELBY GT-H CSM06H281

#11 OFFLINE   terumi71

terumi71

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 10-June 10

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

I usually agree with you Phil.

Not this time!

#12 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:20 AM

I knew it, a Mayweather fan. Cmon even Floyd Sr and Marquez says Pacman won. You would think those two would say otherwise from bitterness. How was that a close fight? Besides the judges, any other expert you know that agree with you? I usually do not like to say to a person that he is wrong, I would rather say I can't agree with you but this time, you are wrong Phill! BTW here are a list of reputable writers who scored if for Pac:

<SNIP a list of people who weren't judges>

Also, name one professional boxer who scored it for Bradley. I mean you can't even say Bradley, I don't know if you've heard what Bradley said to Arum before they announced the winner "I tried my best, I just can't beat him". Look it up.

A Mayweather fan??? I didn't see Mayweather anywhere NEAR that ring so even if I was a Mayweather fan, why would that cloud my judgement like yours is so obviously clouded? Of COURSE Floyd Sr. said Pacquio won. That's MONEY that just floated out of that ring. Money for Abrum, money for Mayweather, and most certainly money for PACQUIO.

And it doesn't matter how many "sports writers" or "professionals" you cite, THEY WEREN'T THE JUDGES! Their *opinion*, and that's what it is, DOES NOT MATTER.

No dude, *I* am not wrong. YOU are. Just look at the judges scorecards for proof!

Get over it. YOUR man lost. He took a chance and lost. He GAMBLED on a win and it was a costly hand.

DUH!
Phill <shaking head in bewilderment>

Edited by 2010KonaBlueGT, 11 June 2012 - 07:23 AM.

2010 GT500 Coupe

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#13 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:22 AM

I usually agree with you Phil.

Not this time!

Pssssst! Look at the judges cards!

It happened. Believe it. Accept it. It's done. He lost.

It's as simple as that, no matter how many fans or "experts" say different.

I would hope you don't always agree with me. I don't surround myself with "Yes Men".

Phill

Edited by 2010KonaBlueGT, 11 June 2012 - 07:22 AM.

2010 GT500 Coupe

#14 OFFLINE   dbackg

dbackg

it's Hammer time

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Joined 13-November 07
  • Interests:2008 Super Snake - Black - vert

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

Phil, who is Larry Mercer? :hysterical2:

Boxing is fixed.
http://network.yardb...g_head_10983806
SuperSnake. TVS. FRPP CAI. CJ65 TB. VMP *Big TB* Inlet. VMP 2.65 pulley/tune. FORE Billet fuel rails. JLT oil separator. Dynatech exhaust headers. Shelby billet shifter. DYNOTECH 1-piece aluminum drive shaft. 170* thermostat. Shelby Extreme Duty Cooling system. FRPP M-4033-G2 diff girdle cover. 3.73 gears. billet Steeda LCA's & adj UCA. CHE LCA relocations brackets. H&R sway bars. FR3 springs. Tokico D-Specs. Shelby/Fays2 Billet Watts link, Shelby/Baer Big brakes. 20X11.75 rears. Michelin PS2 335/30's.

#15 OFFLINE   svtkeith

svtkeith

svtkeith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,667 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

Paqman won that fight as sure as he lost the last Marquez fight...as far as Mayflour!!..Oh Mayflour will want to fight Paq now

because he knows that Paq lost his edge even though he won the other night he is nowhere near what he was 2 years ago

once a boxer gets envolved in other things in his life like politics and God knows what else he's trying they go down hill..Pag 2 or

3 years ago would have beat Mayflour silly but now I would have to give it to Mayflour.
2010 Red ZR1 Corvette

1966 AC Cobra Replica

#16 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

The dumbass that works for ESPN, hates Mayweather and who was giving the round by round "statistics"/updates/scores (according to HIM), and who had Pacquio ahead 11 rounds to 1 with Bradley only winning the 10th.

EDIT: OH, DUH! Larry MERCHANT! I just caught that.

Even the Paq fans I was with gave the first 3 rounds to Bradley, and the 1st and 2nd were without ANY doubt (between the Pacman fans where I was at). They also thought Mercer was nuts because they felt Bradley won the 10th, but not the 11th.

I think it's funny (ironic) how Pacquio fans are so blatently biased. Anyone who saw that fight as a 11/1 win for Pacquio needs to look at themselves in a mirror, or go get their eyes checked for blatent BLINDNESS.

I'm "a Mayweather fan"??? If I were...WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? MAYWEATHER WASN'T FIGHTING, Bradley and Pacquio were so I didn't have a dog in that fight. How many of you that are saying Pacman won can say the same thing?

EXACTLY!

Phill

Edited by 2010KonaBlueGT, 11 June 2012 - 10:52 AM.

2010 GT500 Coupe

#17 OFFLINE   terumi71

terumi71

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 10-June 10

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

I completely agree Phil.

#18 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 11,926 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:CARS. I have owned well over 200 Cars since 1979 with most being Mustangs. I recently sold the 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 "SMI Sportster" Prototype as well as the "CS-89 TRIBUTE" HAULER Prototype based on my 2010 Ford Ranger. From January 1, 1999 to December 31, 2004 I was contracted with Carroll Shelby to produce the limited "TRIBUTE EDITION SHELBY" Mustangs using 1994 to 2005 Mustangs. www.davidThawkins.com

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

Are there any GOOD Refs left in ANY Sport? It seems that there have been a LOT of bad Calls in all types of Sports lately.

#19 OFFLINE   svtkeith

svtkeith

svtkeith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,667 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

The dumbass that works for ESPN, hates Mayweather and who was giving the round by round "statistics"/updates/scores (according to HIM), and who had Pacquio ahead 11 rounds to 1 with Bradley only winning the 10th.

Even the Paq fans I was with gave the first 3 rounds to Bradley, and the 1st and 2nd were without ANY doubt (between the Pacman fans where I was at). They also thought Mercer was nuts because they felt Bradley won the 10th, but not the 11th.

I think it's funny (ironic) how Pacquio fans are so blatently biased. Anyone who saw that fight as a 11/1 win for Pacquio needs to look at themselves in a mirror, or go get their eyes checked for blatent BLINDNESS.

I'm "a Mayweather fan"??? If I were...WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? MAYWEATHER WASN'T FIGHTING, Bradley and Pacquio were so I didn't have a dog in that fight. How many of you that are saying Pacman won can say the same thing?

EXACTLY!

Phill

Even though I thought Paq won the fight there's no way it was 11 rounds to 1...IMO watching the fight it was a sure

7 to 5 on my cards for the Paqman...But hey my cards arn't worth chit just from a guy thats been following boxing

since Ali Liston I...And got vidios from as far back as 1909 with the Johnson - Jefferies fight.
2010 Red ZR1 Corvette

1966 AC Cobra Replica

#20 OFFLINE   Shelby.GT500

Shelby.GT500

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 05-October 10

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

A Mayweather fan??? I didn't see Mayweather anywhere NEAR that ring so even if I was a Mayweather fan, why would that cloud my judgement like yours is so obviously clouded? Of COURSE Floyd Sr. said Pacquio won. That's MONEY that just floated out of that ring. Money for Abrum, money for Mayweather, and most certainly money for PACQUIO.

And it doesn't matter how many "sports writers" or "professionals" you cite, THEY WEREN'T THE JUDGES! Their *opinion*, and that's what it is, DOES NOT MATTER.

No dude, *I* am not wrong. YOU are. Just look at the judges scorecards for proof!

Get over it. YOUR man lost. He took a chance and lost. He GAMBLED on a win and it was a costly hand.

DUH!
Phill <shaking head in bewilderment>

Cmon you're going to use the official judges score to back up your claim? I guess that is the easy way, I heard the scores so I do not need to look it up. How about let us look at some facts.

The Compubox. It shows Pacman landed more jabs and more powershots. So you may argue that "oh Bradley's punches hurt more" which leads us to the second fact.

Bradley has no power. Not a single round did Bradley hurt Pac. Even during their exchanges which are the times Pac hurt Bradley. He couldn't hang with Pac and decided to fight counter punching. Who is backpedalling the whole fight? Why would a fighter back pedal if he hurt his opponent? Makes no sense. Look at their previous KO record as well to see who has more power between the two.

Another fact, did you hear Bradley's corner during the fight? Does that sound like a team that is winning? Sounded like a desperate team hoping to land a lottery punch. And you seem to ignore the fact that Bradley even said to Arum before the scores were announced "I just can't beat him".

My judgment is clouded? You mean 99% of the people who watched the fight drank the same kool aid? I'm sorry Phil you are wrong. I'm giving the credit to the person who won that night. I scored the fight myself and like I mentioned, I gave Bradley two rounds, make it four to be generous. I listed boxing analysts to prove my point that my scoring is not biased and not clouded by any means. I mean these guys have been around writing and scoring fights. One of them is the Ring Magazine, the bible of boxing. But then I guess they had some kool aid as well.

The judges are experienced, no doubt, but then judges are notoriously known to take bribes. Did you listen to Max Kellerman before the fight? He was already questioning the panel of judges picked on this fight. Those guys have records of bad scoring. I'm not being naive, I know this thing has been a part of boxing but this has to stop. I'm a Pac fan, Mayweather fan, Bradley fan, etch. I am a boxing fan and I hate to see the sport continue like this. It is bad enough as it is and this robbery puts nails in the coffin to most people. I mean for crying out loud even UFC Dana White is disgusted by the results. Bradley is a great guy and fought like a champ I am not taking that away, but he is no where near the level of Pac. I say you are wrong Phil and you'll say I am. I guess it will end like that.

BTW, I was just teasing you about the Mayweather fan comment haha. But are you a Mayweather fan?

Edited by Shelby.GT500, 11 June 2012 - 12:48 PM.

Previous Cars:
2007 Shelby GT
2005 Mazdaspeed MX-5
1999 Mazda MX-5

#21 OFFLINE   Shelby.GT500

Shelby.GT500

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 05-October 10

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

Even though I thought Paq won the fight there's no way it was 11 rounds to 1...IMO watching the fight it was a sure

7 to 5 on my cards for the Paqman...But hey my cards arn't worth chit just from a guy thats been following boxing

since Ali Liston I...And got vidios from as far back as 1909 with the Johnson - Jefferies fight.

I almost did not noticed you said "videos". I was about to say "good lord how old are you?" lol.

Previous Cars:
2007 Shelby GT
2005 Mazdaspeed MX-5
1999 Mazda MX-5

#22 OFFLINE   Shelby.GT500

Shelby.GT500

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 05-October 10

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

Boxing is fixed.
http://network.yardb...g_head_10983806

I believe this was part of the 24/7. Bradley made posters to mock Team Pac to say that he will win the fight and because of their contract, Pac is entitled for a rematch. Next thing you know it did come true lol.

Previous Cars:
2007 Shelby GT
2005 Mazdaspeed MX-5
1999 Mazda MX-5

#23 OFFLINE   Shelby.GT500

Shelby.GT500

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 05-October 10

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

I completely agree Phil.

Cmon terum pick a side lol.

Previous Cars:
2007 Shelby GT
2005 Mazdaspeed MX-5
1999 Mazda MX-5

#24 OFFLINE   Shelby.GT500

Shelby.GT500

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 05-October 10

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

Phill

I think you guys are referring to Harold Lederman. Larry Merchant is a commentator. Harold scores the fight each round for people to see. I don't agree with him how he only gave Bradley one round. But you my man, is completley on the other side :huh:

Previous Cars:
2007 Shelby GT
2005 Mazdaspeed MX-5
1999 Mazda MX-5

#25 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

In this case, I think it is more a matter of judges being clearly incompetent that the result being fixed for some business reasons. From a business standpoint, it did not make sense to have Pacquiao lose this fight against Bradley. Having both Pacquiao and Mayweather win their recent fight would have enable a mega fight between them next fall; I know that so far that fight has seemmed very complicated to make for a multitude of reasons, but this is still the biggest possible money fight for both guys. Instead, there will be a rematch with Bradley on November 10, which would delay a fight with Mayweather until at least next spring. Time is running out for this fignt to happen and both guys will be losing millions by not doing it while they're still in their prime.

ok so the reason they did this to clear everyones suspicions is very simple. When pacquiao and mayweather fight they are going to retire. So the promoters are trying to delay this match up as long as possible since they are the only 2 who bring money to boxing now.
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
Front splitter curb alert system
Super snake carbon fiber splitter
APR Performance carbon fiber mirror assembly
JLT CF resonator delete w/blue airaid Filter
Shelby transmission cooler scoope
BMR UCA with Mount, BMR adjustable panhard bar
Bob's billet LCA and bob's oil separator
FRPP springs
HRE p40 w/Michelin Super sport tires

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#26 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

That's odd because I saw the same exact fight the Judges did. I called it as a close fight that could go either way, and both were right. The close fight (see the score) and either way (2 judges saw it for Bradley, 1 saw it for Pacquio).

I closed out the so called "Experts" at Ringside along with the blatently biased Larry Mercer and watched the fight without their influence helping me to decide one way or the other.

I called it before the decision was announced and all my buds said I was crazy. When the first two scores were announced as a split decision I figured it was either going to be a draw or they gave it to Pacquio because the old school mentality of "you have to TAKE it from a champion" didn't happen.

As we were waiting for the decision and everyone was proclaiming a Pacquio victory I reminded them all to look at the faces of both fighters and in particular, Bradley's face. Nary a mark on either telling me there weren't a whole lot of power punches landed.

I also noticed Pacquio's facial expression and he was NOT proclaiming that he was robbed, something all fighters do that were robbed. Pacman knew he lost the fight.

Personally I think Pacquio took Bradley for granted, similar to how Mike Tyson did with Buster Douglas.

Bottom line is, Bradley won the fight. Don't believe me? Look at Manny Pacquio's Win/Loss record now!

The notion that Bob Arums somehow threw the fight is ridulous. That just cost him a freakin' FORTUNE. Same with Pacquio...he just cost himself HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of dollars by losing that fight. He should'a picked a fighter that was less skilled than Bradley or just went right to the "money" and fought the REAL fight of the Century..."Money Mayweather"!

And the arrogance that Pacquio showed by showing up late, keeping eveyone waiting a full hour so he could watch the ball game is astounding. He appeared to show everyone he is "bigger than that"....

I DON'T THINK SO!

JMHO,
Phill

They aren't losing money on this fight. They are gaining money because they are preventing pacquiao from fighting mayweather. Once they both retire they will lose more than anything else sums up to. The promoters want to stop that fight at all costs form happening.

A real boxer would have seen Bradley won one round thats it. The rest was bullshit.

Edited by svt13, 11 June 2012 - 03:15 PM.

2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
Front splitter curb alert system
Super snake carbon fiber splitter
APR Performance carbon fiber mirror assembly
JLT CF resonator delete w/blue airaid Filter
Shelby transmission cooler scoope
BMR UCA with Mount, BMR adjustable panhard bar
Bob's billet LCA and bob's oil separator
FRPP springs
HRE p40 w/Michelin Super sport tires

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#27 OFFLINE   Shelby.GT500

Shelby.GT500

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 05-October 10

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

Phill

Phill, are these guys Pacquiao fans?

Sports Illustrated quoted Floyd Mayweather, Sr. (YES the father of Pacquiao's rival for pound-for-pound supremacy) as saying, “This one belonged to Pacquiao. I’m calling it like it is... whoever these judges was, they need to find a new job.”

50 Cent (YES Mayweather, Jr.'s best friend) was quoted by the Vancouver Sun as saying, "Man boxing is a mess right now [whatever you do] do not watch the rematch its fixed." (Thus implying he thought Pacquiao won.)

Via Twitter Oscar de la Hoya (who has been bitter against Manny since they fought) said, "Bradley should have given the belt and announce victory to [Pacquiao] right after the decision."

Teddy Atlas, a known Pacquiao skeptic was quoted by the Examiner as saying, "But the bottom line is, if you're an honest man, and knows what he's watching, Pacquiao won that fight...only one man won that fight."

Roger Mayweather (probably the biggest Pacquiao hater on the planet) said via Twitter: "Everybody mad that Manny got robbed which I agree." "Can't lie I hate Manny but he did beat the [expletive] out of Bradley." "Bradley you a dumb [expletive] if you give Manny a rematch, run with that W." [Note that I fixed punctuation, etc.]

Previous Cars:
2007 Shelby GT
2005 Mazdaspeed MX-5
1999 Mazda MX-5

#28 OFFLINE   svtkeith

svtkeith

svtkeith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,667 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

I almost did not noticed you said "videos". I was about to say "good lord how old are you?" lol.

LOl...hey sonny I go back a long way... :hysterical:

Bottom line is Paq won that fight...I don't care what judge says he didn't.
2010 Red ZR1 Corvette

1966 AC Cobra Replica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users