• Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 18-March 13
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Family
    Washington Husky Football
    Beautiful Cars

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:03 PM

3.73 after the SS upgrade. I had to re-learn how to drive it, totally different feel. It tries to jump out from under me when I am not paying attention....just like a horse I had growing up. 

That's a good description.  Do you like the 3.73 or in hindsight wish you had kept the 3.31?  I'm on the fence.  I worry about getting the car to hook up with the 3.73 and regular driving.  I sort of enjoy being able to drive around town and not have to shift a lot, but there is a certain punch that is missing with the 3.31.  I also don't want to add another whine to the car as I've heard the 3.73 swap can do. 

I love the sound of your car when you launch it going away from the camera.  I could play that on a loop!

#212 OFFLINE   f2redpot

f2redpot

Too Much Fun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 09-January 13
  • Region:Northern Plains
  • Interests:Yes.
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:20 PM

That's a good description.  Do you like the 3.73 or in hindsight wish you had kept the 3.31?  I'm on the fence.  I worry about getting the car to hook up with the 3.73 and regular driving.  I sort of enjoy being able to drive around town and not have to shift a lot, but there is a certain punch that is missing with the 3.31.  I also don't want to add another whine to the car as I've heard the 3.73 swap can do. 

I love the sound of your car when you launch it going away from the camera.  I could play that on a loop!

So far I would say the 3.73 was a good choice. I haven't had it on the track yet, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. With traction control on, I don't have any issues with regular driving. Once in Advance Trac, I can really make the rear spin, even shifting 3-4-5th. After an hour of 6th gear cruising, my ears feel like I have been riding a Blackhawk helicopter. The drone is pretty deep, and drowns out my stereo. 

#213 OFFLINE   william strauch

william strauch

14SS0125

• Pacific Northwest Region
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 30-August 14
  • Region:Pacific Northwest
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

I find the 3.73 are easier to start on a grade stop sign/light. 4th gear on the freeway @60mph is around 3200rpm( It's just getting started at this RPM range). 5th is comfortable @2200 RPM around 60MPH. Got our delivered to Oregon Dec.28th 2014 absolutely LOVE it and people will stop in intersections, speed up, stop along side to give you a thumbs up! As f2redspot says it is loud and with the long tube headers on ours forget the radio (but it sounds awesome).  

shelby

2014 GT500 Super Snake

CSM: 14SS0125

Hole Shot Pkg. added

Carbon fiber under hood

#214 OFFLINE   f2redpot

f2redpot

Too Much Fun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 09-January 13
  • Region:Northern Plains
  • Interests:Yes.
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:59 PM

Took mine out today when it was 15 degrees. Didn't have any issues with traction with normal driving around town. I have the Michelin all season tires and I love them!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users