Photo

Shelbys Across Canada: Dearborn To Halifax, NS.

shelby drive canada

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Open a window.†Itís a big world out there.

• Great Lakes Region
  • 4,791 posts
  • Joined 20-July 05
  • Region:South Atlantic

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

As it has been stated, a passport is required to enter Canada.

Also, if you a parent/guardian that is bringing a child along with you and the other parent (if there is one) is not present, you should have a letter from the other parent authorizing you to bring that child into Canada.

• http://www.Boss302Forum.com • Ford Mustang EcoBoost Club • http://www.ShelbyGT350Forum.com • http://www.ShelbyGT350RForum.com

44706_10200232353682482_93935936_n.jpg?o

Shelby Bud totally destroying the tires on my KR while I was in Michigan. I WANT new rear tires, Bud! :drop:

#32 OFFLINE   SHELBYCS6

SHELBYCS6

Team Shelby Member

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 937 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:Canada

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

I'm good to go 100% and I will be going on to Newfoundland for an additional few days to see family... I don't know about Tammy...I'll probably have to fly her back home after the one way trip as even a round trip drive to Montreal was too much for her..lol..

I'm originally from St. John's and have been itching for a good excuse to drive home so this would be the perfect end to a perfect trip.

Anyone interested...you can add a cool 15 hr ferry ride seeing all kinds of whales & dolphins and if early enough ice bergs as well and then once off the ferry it's a couple of hour drive to St. john's and the most easterly point in North America Cape Speer.

There is George street which is like New Orleans on a good night..lol..., boats, tours, fishing, parks, sea food, hundreds of years of history and some of the best people on the planet (they were actually home to thousands of people worldwide during 911)

If this comes to fruition, anyone looking for information on a trip extension to the rock (Newfoundland) can contact me directly and I can provide all the info you need to get too and from the island as I've completed this leg many times.

Thus far I agree with everything including Niagara but I would opt for a drive through Toronto (could probably get a national spot on breakfast television which covers these sorts of events) time in Ottawa as it's a beautiful spot, not so much in Montreal as I think it's more for the younger crowd, time in Quebec city as it's magnificant, The Bay of Fundy is a must as they have restaurants overlooking the harbour with the freshest seafood you have ever had and you can watch the tide go in and out from there and Halifax is a great spot and where they buried the Titanic victims......

I've probably spewed way too much already, but I think this would make one of the best Shelby events in history

#33 OFFLINE   shelby 08

shelby 08

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 434 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

Good One Ken.

Ken ,its the only southern province we have
Posted Image

#34 OFFLINE   kstrong

kstrong

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 5,637 posts
  • Joined 05-April 06
  • Interests:Photography, Mustangs

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

Doing alot of fishing lately. Question are you able to make our show in July 22/12.?

I have it on my calendar.
50th Anniversary and grand reopening of a drag strip 10 minutes from my house. :rockon:
This could be added to the Canadian Tour.

http://www.stthomasracewaypark.com/

We could go through Niagara, hit http://www.cayugamotorspeedway.ca/ on the way. :happy feet:

_DSC0192.jpg

#35 OFFLINE   shelby 08

shelby 08

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 434 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

I'm good to go 100% and I will be going on to Newfoundland for an additional few days to see family... I don't know about Tammy...I'll probably have to fly her back home after the one way trip as even a round trip drive to Montreal was too much for her..lol..

I'm originally from St. John's and have been itching for a good excuse to drive home so this would be the perfect end to a perfect trip.

Anyone interested...you can add a cool 15 hr ferry ride seeing all kinds of whales & dolphins and if early enough ice bergs as well and then once off the ferry it's a couple of hour drive to St. john's and the most easterly point in North America Cape Speer.

There is George street which is like New Orleans on a good night..lol..., boats, tours, fishing, parks, sea food, hundreds of years of history and some of the best people on the planet (they were actually home to thousands of people worldwide during 911)

If this comes to fruition, anyone looking for information on a trip extension to the rock (Newfoundland) can contact me directly and I can provide all the info you need to get too and from the island as I've completed this leg many times.

Thus far I agree with everything including Niagara but I would opt for a drive through Toronto (could probably get a national spot on breakfast television which covers these sorts of events) time in Ottawa as it's a beautiful spot, not so much in Montreal as I think it's more for the younger crowd, time in Quebec city as it's magnificant, The Bay of Fundy is a must as they have restaurants overlooking the harbour with the freshest seafood you have ever had and you can watch the tide go in and out from there and Halifax is a great spot and where they buried the Titanic victims......

I've probably spewed way too much already, but I think this would make one of the best Shelby events in history

Hi Randy, I've never been to Newfoundland.....wow this trip sounds awwwwwsome
I'M IN !!!!!!!
Posted Image

#36 OFFLINE   SHELBYCS6

SHELBYCS6

Team Shelby Member

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 937 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

Hi Randy, I've never been to Newfoundland.....wow this trip sounds awwwwwsome
I'M IN !!!!!!!

You have no idea !!

Eastern Canada in general has some of the most amazing sights in the world, but when you get to Newfoundland they have such an abundance of everything, wildlife, with history, with state of the art, with tradition...it's like if Jacque Cousteau and Steve Jobs built a vacaton island..and they used Keith Richards as the party planner....lmfao.....

Please Shelby Gods....make this a reality !!!!

#37 OFFLINE   OU812

OU812

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 18-July 11
  • Region:Other

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

Include Newfoundland I promise it will be the highlight of your trip! BBQ at my house, and some very cool scenic roads icebergs, whales, I will even get you guys Screeched in!
Here are some vids of Newfoundland to ponder!

#38 OFFLINE   kstrong

kstrong

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 5,637 posts
  • Joined 05-April 06
  • Interests:Photography, Mustangs

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

You have no idea !!

Eastern Canada in general has some of the most amazing sights in the world, but when you get to Newfoundland they have such an abundance of everything, wildlife, with history, with state of the art, with tradition...it's like if Jacque Cousteau and Steve Jobs built a vacaton island..and they used Keith Richards as the party planner....lmfao.....

Please Shelby Gods....make this a reality !!!!

I have been to New Brunswick, very nice. The price of gas may scare the sxxt out of some of our southern friends.
Newfoundland and Labrador in the fall, stunning!
http://www.newfoundl...CFQ8CQAodDXjtug
I need to save up some vacation time. :bandance:

_DSC0192.jpg

#39 OFFLINE   SHELBYCS6

SHELBYCS6

Team Shelby Member

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 937 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

FYI.....just in case you don't know.....the very first Mustang ever built which was a white convertible, wound up in St. John's Newfoundland
purchased by a captain Stanley Tucker .

This car was driving around Newfoundland for days before the actual Mustang release and Ford went crazy to get it back once they realized the mistake.

I believe it now sits in the Dearborn museum........

#40 OFFLINE   lemarin

lemarin

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 07-May 11
  • Interests:Car, internet, bike (mountain and road), photography

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

It's a great idea, I'd participate for sure ! For the part "Quebec city to Fredericton", the road on the north Shore is much more scenic....so I suggest leaving Quebec city on the North Shore, and take the Ferry at "Saint-Simeon" crossing to "Rivière-Du-Loup".

2014 Audi S4 Tecknik Titanium pack Drive select 6 speed

2011 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 convertible with SVT PP 6 speed
2012 Volkswagen Golf R 6 speed

#41 OFFLINE   YZD263

YZD263

Team Shelby Member

• Team Shelby Club Member
  • 1,906 posts
  • Joined 25-February 07
  • Interests:Cars, Pro Football, F1 Racing

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:07 AM

Great idea Randy! I've never been to Newfoundland but from the pictures I've seen and based on what I've heard from those I know who went there, this would be a very good reason for me to extend the trip!
2009 Shelby GT500 KR
Vista Blue, Silver Stripes

Purchased 10-21-11

CSM 09KR0628

#42 OFFLINE   YZD263

YZD263

Team Shelby Member

• Team Shelby Club Member
  • 1,906 posts
  • Joined 25-February 07
  • Interests:Cars, Pro Football, F1 Racing

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:15 AM

It's a great idea, I'd participate for sure ! For the part "Quebec city to Fredericton", the road on the north Shore is much more scenic....so I suggest leaving Quebec city on the North Shore, and take the Ferry at "Saint-Simeon" crossing to "Rivière-Du-Loup".

+1. The Charlevoix region is one of the most scenic in Quebec. Being originally from Rivière-du-Loup, I took that ferry several time when I was younger. Crossing the St-Lawrence River at that point takes about an hour.

http://traverserdl.com/english/home
2009 Shelby GT500 KR
Vista Blue, Silver Stripes

Purchased 10-21-11

CSM 09KR0628

#43 OFFLINE   rba44

rba44

WKDSHELBY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 267 posts
  • Joined 10-August 10

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

Well as a Canadian I am almost embarrassed to say I have not traveled much in Canada. This trip sounds so fantastic, I'M IN all the way to the ROCK!!! I can't tell you how excited I am just reading everyone's posts
Come On 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
2010 Vert Kona Blue Silver Stripes, Electronics and HID Headlights...

Autographed Dash Plaque
Shelby Car Cover
Redline Tuning hood lifters - QuickLIFT ELITE
JLT Carbon Fiber Induction Kit
JLT Hydro Carbon Hood Insert
JLT No Drill Front Plate Bracket
JLT Carbon Fiber Mud Guards Front and Rear
JLT Painted Striped Strut Tower Brace
CDC Light Bar
GT500 Head Rests
GT500 Dead Pedal
GT500 Air Filter Oiled
CS40 -20 x 10 & 20 x 9 wheels on Falken 452's
Per ordered Alcoa's
Bangastang painted rad cover
Billet GT500 gas cap
Posted Image

#44 OFFLINE   Doug_GT350

Doug_GT350

aka... DICK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,151 posts
  • Joined 06-May 09
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:my grandchildren!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:28 AM

This does sound like a blast.... and I would like to mention that it would be nice to be able to spend some time in each city for the touristy stuff. If we plan on driving 6-8 hours a day with a stop for lunch, all we will be doing is driving, eating and sleeping, no sight-seeing. Just my .02.

I'm working on my passport and saving up vacation time..... :shift:

HDR4_aug22.jpg
Sorry officer, I thought you wanted to race!

2007 SGT CSM07SGT1316 Purchased 5/12/07 Black, 5 speed
Blue Oval Sequential Taillights, Lower Grille, Faux Snake Gas Cap, Shorty Antenna,
1st GT/SC conversion by Tasca since Shelby released the Model!!!
550 Whipple, Baer drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk pads, Gauge Pod,
McLoed twin disc clutch and Aluminum Flywheel, Shelby billet license frame,
Whipple 10 Rib belt system, Lethal Ind. Poly motor mounts, Shelby snake center caps,
quarter window black outs, Shelby billet engine cap set, Shelby brake duct bezels and
PIAA lights.
No, I have not dynoed it.

#45 OFFLINE   Jon Mopar

Jon Mopar

never tease a Shelby Dodge at a red light

• Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined 27-January 11
  • Interests:Cars, cars and cars
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:47 AM

I totally live 3hrs away from Halifax! There's a few Ford dealerships everyone could stop by along the way. I could make arrangements with the dealers when ya'll hit NB (I know several area Ford dealers).

Edited by Jon Mopar, 28 June 2012 - 04:47 AM.

"the fwd ones are the ones you really should be afraid of"

The only thing faster than my rear wheel drive Shelby...is my front wheel drive Shelby

#46 OFFLINE   OU812

OU812

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 18-July 11
  • Region:Other

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

I also live within 2 min from one of top selling SVT Dealer's in Canada, Avalon Ford located in St John's Newfoundland!
There Owner has a collection to die for and several Shelby's including the 2013! This SVT team is known to be the best! Truly a great bunch and I'm sure would welcome a visit from a gang of Shelbys!
Hint Hint Come to the Rock!

#47 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

• Great Lakes Region
  • 4,791 posts
  • Joined 20-July 05

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

From what I've seen in photos and videos, NF looks to be spectacular. Not only that, but my good friend, Brock lives in St. Johns!

Since anyone could join the drive at any point of the route, this would be another interesting aspect.

• http://www.Boss302Forum.com • Ford Mustang EcoBoost Club • http://www.ShelbyGT350Forum.com • http://www.ShelbyGT350RForum.com

Shelby Bud totally destroying the tires on my KR while I was in Michigan. I WANT new rear tires, Bud! :drop:

#48 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

• Great Lakes Region
  • 4,791 posts
  • Joined 20-July 05

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

This does sound like a blast.... and I would like to mention that it would be nice to be able to spend some time in each city for the touristy stuff. If we plan on driving 6-8 hours a day with a stop for lunch, all we will be doing is driving, eating and sleeping, no sight-seeing. Just my .02.

I'm working on my passport and saving up vacation time..... :shift:

I agree. We need to take it at a nice pace to see what Canada has to offer.

#49 OFFLINE   SHELBYCS6

SHELBYCS6

Team Shelby Member

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 937 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

I agree. We need to take it at a nice pace to see what Canada has to offer.

I couldn't agree more...there is just so much to see and experience all across Canada but especially the central to east coast as much of western Canada is very very flat....

I've made the drive Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City probably 20 + times on different occasions and past that to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia at least a dozen times then on to Newfoundland 5 or six times...unfortunately, I've never been to PEI which I've had the opportunity to do several times to play golf but something always came up...one day however, I will get there as it is just a beautiful spot from all I've seen.

Another great thing about a continuation to Newfoundland for anyone interested is the ferry crossing which is now around 14 hrs I think on state of the art ferry boats that are very well equipped ...just that time in itself is a great way to unwind and prepare for the final leg.

Remember...Newfoundland (the island) is not Cuba.... it`s a BIG island..it takes roughly 12 to 14 hours to drive from St. John`s to port-aux-basque and people travel from all corners of the world for hunting, fishing, sight seeing

#50 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

• Great Lakes Region
  • 4,791 posts
  • Joined 20-July 05

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

From what I read, to catch the ferry from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland, you must drive to Syndey. The drive from Halifax to Sydney is about 400 KM and takes 5.5 hours.

After you reach Sydney, you have two ferry options:

Sydney, NS to Port aux Basques, NF = Daytime crossing take 4.5 - 6 hours. Night crossing take 4.5 - 8 hours.
OR
Sydney, NS to Argentia. Crossing takes 14-15 hours.

Reference

Posted Image
Argentia puts you closer to St. Johns.

Posted Image
Port aux Basques gets you to NF faster.

Don't know the geographic importance between these two though?

Edited by robertlane, 30 June 2012 - 10:09 AM.

#51 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,412 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:God, Family, Cars, Football...

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:33 AM

:lurk:

I'm really liking this one!

2009 GT500 "Stickers"
#1534 of 3004 coupes; #378 of 651 Performance White w/ Vista Blue stripes

Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2010 "Clean & Correct"
Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2012 "Track History"

47,000 miles.... It isn't a FLOWER!

Shelby Alcoa 20" rims w/ Nitto Invo's 255/35ZR front, 295/35ZR rear, Shelby LCA Relocation brackets; Shelby Short Throw Shifter, FRPP Cold-Air intake; FRPP Strut Tower Brace; JDM Engineering Tune; L&M Plenum (port matched blower); KR Exhaust; SPEC Super Twin S-Trim Clutch; AM Sequential taillights; CDC Hood Struts; Shelby Kicker Premium upgrade; Shelby GT500 Door sill; Lloyds GT500 floor mats, Visor and Dash plaque signed by Mr Shelby; Shelby 50th fender stripe... And decals GALORE!

TiltedKilt22014_zps2096ca67.jpg

2004 Jeep Rubicon Jeep wrote the book on 4X4
1931 Model A Pickup Original resotration

#52 OFFLINE   SHELBYCS6

SHELBYCS6

Team Shelby Member

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 937 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

From what I read, to catch the ferry from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland, you must drive to Syndey. The drive from Halifax to Sydney is about 400 KM and takes 5.5 hours.

After you reach Sydney, you have two ferry options:

Sydney, NS to Port aux Basques, NF = Daytime crossing take 4.5 - 6 hours. Night crossing take 4.5 - 8 hours.
OR
Sydney, NS to Argentia. Crossing takes 14-15 hours.

Reference

Posted Image
Argentia puts you closer to St. Johns.

Posted Image
Port aux Basques gets you to NF faster.

Don't know the geographic importance between these two though?

Your absolutely correct, the issue is there is no driving connection by land between the two locations .

The Port Aux Basques route forces you to drive all the way around the island which is a long drive to get to St. John's as there are no short cuts
it's both very senic and challenging ...btw...WATCH OUT FOR MOOSE...

The Argentia route lets you off at the other end of the island and directly connected to a highway so it's only a couple of hours to St. John's but it's a much longer ferry ride to get to.

#53 OFFLINE   Refinerydog@sbcglobal.net

Refinerydog@sbcglobal.net

Team Shelby New Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 21-December 11
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:16 AM

I'm in add me to this mailing list also.

#54 OFFLINE   Hooper T

Hooper T

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined 13-August 08
  • Interests:My Family, Varsity Football, BMX, Hockey, Motorcycles and Stangs.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

No Toronto stop?

#55 OFFLINE   SHELBYCS6

SHELBYCS6

Team Shelby Member

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 937 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

No Toronto stop?

I suggsted one so we could get a spot on Breakfast Television...they do this stuff all the time.

Jennifer Valentine goes to our marina every year doing a live segment for the Port Credit boat show.

You just have to send in the information to the station and we would probably go live right from City Tv......it would be awesome to do a rev-out for Carroll on live TV.

#56 OFFLINE   kaylan1521

kaylan1521

RESIDENT CANADIAN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Joined 13-October 05
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Kicking ass on the racetrack.....where it's real!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

Damn! I may have to bring the GT500 out of the garage for this one......
Posted Image

#57 OFFLINE   SHELBYCS6

SHELBYCS6

Team Shelby Member

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 937 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

Wow Paul....great to hear your still lurking around..lol

#58 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

• Great Lakes Region
  • 4,791 posts
  • Joined 20-July 05

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

No Toronto stop?

This topic is get gather ideas - nothing has been decided.

I suggsted one so we could get a spot on Breakfast Television...they do this stuff all the time.

Jennifer Valentine goes to our marina every year doing a live segment for the Port Credit boat show.

You just have to send in the information to the station and we would probably go live right from City Tv......it would be awesome to do a rev-out for Carroll on live TV.

Great idea. How do we pursue investigating this?

Hope you make this one! SORRY that I missed you in Vegas - I'm pulling triple duty here in Vegas.

#59 OFFLINE   cobraracing

cobraracing

10 second Canuck

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 2,913 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06
  • Interests:Golf, cars, racing Golf, cars, racing Golf, cars, racing Golf, cars, racing

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:54 AM

I sent an email to Breakfast TV asking how we can coordinate this

Great idea. How do we pursue investigating this?

Posted Image

2007 Vista Blue coupe, white stripes tinted windows -Shaker 1000 ,Steeda CAI-SH 2.6 pulley Metco tensioner-SCT live wire tune Eibach Pro kit -Polished Steeda LCA's-Steeda UCA and bracket, 3.73 gears,,2008 mods Kooks headers GESI catted X-pipe and Magnaflow stainless exhaust Innovators west Aluminum OD balancer, DSS driveshaft 160mm T-body Cross drilled Slotted rotors Steeda Adj panhard bar, FMS rear end cover , 2008 ET 10.93 @ 126.55 mph and Dyno #'s 625 RWHP 599 RWTQ on ET Streets, 2012 mods, Shelby heat exchanger, Reservoirs, Vortex series 4 pads, Steeda 20x11 /20x10 Spyder rims with Nitto 315/35/20 - 275/45/20, 6 piston brembos with 15"rotors, rear brake upgrade, stainless brake lines
2013 TVS blower, KB Dual Boost-a-pump now making in Sept 2012 - 755 RWHP & 687 RWTQ **************** 2014 upgrades Ford GT cams 11cc Manley Pistons and h beam rods Ported heads 2013 injectors GT rocker covers 2013 clutch 2013 8 liter oil pan

#60 OFFLINE   NordicShelby

NordicShelby

Team Shelby Member

• Northern Plains Region
  • 4,211 posts
  • Joined 24-June 08
  • Region:Northern Plains

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

I just saw this thread and I am totally in. I have only seen BC so it would be nice to visit other parts of our Northern Neighbor.

Looks like it would be an awesome road trip in the vert.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shelby drive, canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users