twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

This one has become an annual for me (and sometimes my wife). Their superb fireworks show was canceled due to the fire danger so she didn't come up. In the past we've come up for the show and then stayed the night for the fireworks (rather than try to get out of town in the madness) but that was not to be this year. The car show was good.

Best car in my class (2-door sports cars) went to a Shelby Cobra replica (Superformance). But I left with a cool prize anyway (more at the end).

There are usually at least two or three Stanley Steamers present. Stanley opened the Stanley Hotel and brought guests up to Estes Park in the Steamers from Lyons (where I live) and Loveland. Alas, there were none present this time.

The GT. Again, lots of photos taken and stories told.

Posted Image

This show gets lots of variety. An amazing number - the majority, I think - of the cars are from Estes Park. Many old vehicles are brought in from far away. Fire engines are common.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's no replacement for displacement !!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These two Vipers were set up for racing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This pair of 69 Mustangs shows up at shows all over. They are owned by a couple.

Posted Image
Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#2 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

Olds 442 W30. These are "sleepers".

Posted Image

Posted Image

OK, so here's the pleasant surprise. I had noticed this photo when I turned in my ballot and was trying to figure which route - Lyons or Loveland to Estes was depicted. It was one of the raffle prizes so I crossed my fingers.

Well, they announced all the prizes and then started the raffle. You had to be present to win. They announced the winner of the photo, no one came up so they set it aside and when the winner still didn't show up, another number was pulled. MINE!!! How totally strange that I'd looked at the picture and ended up winning it. It was a little tough rearranging the front seat to get it in there to take it back but it did fit. I was more excited about winning this than I would have been about getting a prize for the car. It will find a place hanging on our wall when I get a hanger that can carry the weight.

Posted Image

The story of these as it was told during the drawings. A local resident had a ton of old negatives that he was going to toss out - not interested any more - and the lady that makes these got them. She prints the old B&W images and then hand colors them (as was common in the 20's). She has a gallery in Estes Park. This is of the Big Thompson River with Stanley Steamers bringing guests to the Stanley Hotel. Way cooler than a car plaque.

Posted Image
Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#3 OFFLINE   Morgan19d

Morgan19d

Daily Driver

• South Atlantic Region
  • 785 posts
  • Joined 05-February 11
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Anything automotive and traveling with my family.
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

Sweet! Thanks for posting the pics. I was up there that day and asked around for you, but you were nowhere to be found! Ah well, hopefully get to meet you another time.

12GTS0038- Procharged V6, 6 speed manual

10177469_822481524441986_483326774366117

#4 OFFLINE   gt350lp

gt350lp

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,375 posts
  • Joined 03-June 10
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:All Mustangs, Vettes, Hell I'm a car nut

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Awesome....Thanks....

#5 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:44 AM

Sweet! Thanks for posting the pics. I was up there that day and asked around for you, but you were nowhere to be found! Ah well, hopefully get to meet you another time.

Almost assuredly one of the following:

1. Taking Pictures
2. Chatting with owners of cool cars
3. Takng pictures
4. Eating lunch and drinking a beer at the Mexican place across the street (one of our favorites)
5. Repeat 2 & 3.

Maybe see you at the Horsefeathers show in August.

Edited by twobjshelbys, 17 July 2012 - 07:44 AM.

Cheers,
Tony

Current:

Former:

#6 ONLINE   H0050

H0050

H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 5,006 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Cars, wakeboarding, fishing & family
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

Little alst but just saw these. Very nice.
Harald #50

CSM 06H0050: Registered as a Shelby GT-H/SC
Black CS 69 w/ 255/45/18 & 285/40/18 BFG G-Force KDW
Lower Billet Grill
Air Bag Signed by Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan, Gary Davis, Gary Patterson & Cleo Shelby
40th Anniversary Signature Floor Mats w/ Gold Stripes
Shelby GT Plus & Eradispeed 14" brakes & S/S brake lines
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
SAI installed polished Paxton SC # 0066 w/ GT 500 fuel pump
GT-H/SC side stripes
Shelby gauges & gauge pod
424RWHP 367 Torque
KR rear end expansion tank
2009 Shelby Bash top 20 winner
2011 Bash In & Out cruise recognition plaque
Painted over the top stripes
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood
2014 Vegas Bash Show & Shine Class Winner

The race is run, the flag unfurled, the champion now will rest.
God speed, Carroll Shelby, we will never forget you.
CARROLL H SHELBY

Jan. 11, 1923 May 10, 2012

http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/030.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/035.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/037.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users