#61 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,187 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

Guys:

There are PLENTY of Mustang sites on the Web where people embrace vulgarity, competition, immaturity, and imagined superiority.
I've always viewed Team Shelby as a much more "refined" exchange of thought, even when I am being ceaselessly hounded by people trying to do my job for me.

No need for this type of exchange.

Jason, I'll leave it up to others whether or not you have "broken the TOS"... in my mind, you could have made your point in a much more balanced way. I've seen many thoughtful posts you've made, I'm convinced you have the capacity to make your point in a more constructive way.

Just my 2 cents.

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#62 OFFLINE   Rev Dennis

Rev Dennis

Team Shelby Member NorthEast Region

• Northeast Region
  • 722 posts
  • Joined 21-August 11
  • Region:Northeast
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

Peace and Love
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
Will Rogers

#63 OFFLINE   jmn444

jmn444

Jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,887 posts
  • Joined 16-May 09

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

Guys:

There are PLENTY of Mustang sites on the Web where people embrace vulgarity, competition, immaturity, and imagined superiority.
I've always viewed Team Shelby as a much more "refined" exchange of thought, even when I am being ceaselessly hounded by people trying to do my job for me.

No need for this type of exchange.

Jason, I'll leave it up to others whether or not you have "broken the TOS"... in my mind, you could have made your point in a much more balanced way. I've seen many thoughtful posts you've made, I'm convinced you have the capacity to make your point in a more constructive way.

Just my 2 cents.

Jer

You are probably right Jer, could have been less crude. My appologies to all but the intended recipient of my comments.

Peace and Love

Most of the time....
Posted ImagePosted Image

519 RWHP / 484 TQ Taking bets on when the bottom end will die....

#64 ONLINE   sgt1864

sgt1864

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 05-July 10
  • Interests:Mustangs,Golf & Grandkids

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

In my opinion the only true ( most value) GTSC would be the ones that were born new in 2007 from Shelby, not brought back to the mod shop for the conversion, I have no problem with someone putting on GTSC when they install a supercharger.

#65 OFFLINE   springer

springer

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Joined 29-September 09

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

In my opinion the only true ( most value) GTSC would be the ones that were born new in 2007 from Shelby, not brought back to the mod shop for the conversion, I have no problem with someone putting on GTSC when they install a supercharger.

Really, like yours! No GT/SC cars came with a supercharger from Ford! You could add one on prior to delivery, but it wasn't a Ford option.

Try racing in the stock class at the track with the supercharger and see what they tell you.
If the game is rigged, you can't lose if you don't play!
Shelby Baer Extreme brakes, CS 69 wheels
Shelby installed Revan heat exchanger
Shelby installed Diablo Predator tune

Posted Image

#66 OFFLINE   bmezz

bmezz

Team Shelby New Member

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 09-June 11
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Mustangs

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

As far as I know, and I could be wrong but there were NO GTSC born at Shelby, after they were born at FORD shipped to Shelby to be made into SGT's then sold, the new owner could get Shelby to do some after market work. All the SGT's that were made into GTSC.s were technically used cars.
By the way I love the GTSC and as soon as I can afford it my SGT will become a GTSC whether I choose to do it at Shelby,Tasca or Sean Motors.When its done I'll have a modified Mustang Shelby GT

Posted Image

Edited by bmezz, 23 September 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#67 OFFLINE   NordicShelby

NordicShelby

Team Shelby Member

• Northern Plains Region
  • 4,180 posts
  • Joined 24-June 08
  • Region:Northern Plains

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

Good choice nordic,a Shelby GT convert is nothing to be ashamed of in its own right and are AWESOME cars.
I have found "some" owners of non authentic GT/SC cars who brand them as a GT/SC get very angry at those who have them. It might be because after all they spent on the SC dealer install or did it them selves (I am talking a Whipple 550 here) they could have added another couple $grand$ (approximately) and have had an authentic Shelby Registered GT/SC. So that being said...a Shelby GT convert is nothing to be ashamed of in its own right and are AWESOME cars.

PS: I love your car!!

I love my whipplefied SGT too and I love my 13 Boss 302 almost as much.

Swede I thought you made a truce with me? This post seems like you are trying to egg me on.....which I am not going to engage in any negative dialog with you so please try to be cool and not cause any more drama to the forum.
:cheerleader:

#68 OFFLINE   mbcortese

mbcortese

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11
  • Interests:2007 Shelby GT, Golf,

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

I just had my car done at Tasca Mod Shop and they rebadged it. Had them do the whole package Whipple Supercharger, gauge pod brake upgrade and Shelby one piece drive shaft. I still have to send a copy of the slip to Shelby to get it registered as a GTSC. Tasca did a nice job well worth the trip to let them do it. Matt Watterson and Dennis Gomes did a great install, I'm glad I went with the Whipple Ford Racing Supercharger, I was thinking of going Paxton. The responsiveness of the Supercharger is unbelievable, car is one of the limited number of automatics out there so it pushing 475 bhp, not the 550 bhp, but I'm ok with that ;-). Badges or not it was worth it.
07SGT3233

#69 OFFLINE   H0050

H0050

H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 4,588 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Cars, wakeboarding, fishing & family
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

I just had my car done at Tasca Mod Shop and they rebadged it. Had them do the whole package Whipple Supercharger, gauge pod brake upgrade and Shelby one piece drive shaft. I still have to send a copy of the slip to Shelby to get it registered as a GTSC. Tasca did a nice job well worth the trip to let them do it. Matt Watterson and Dennis Gomes did a great install, I'm glad I went with the Whipple Ford Racing Supercharger, I was thinking of going Paxton. The responsiveness of the Supercharger is unbelievable, car is one of the limited number of automatics out there so it pushing 475 bhp, not the 550 bhp, but I'm ok with that ;-). Badges or not it was worth it.

Congrats
Harald #50

CSM 06H0050: Registered as a Shelby GT-H/SC
Black CS 69 w/ 255/45/18 & 285/40/18 BFG G-Force KDW
Lower Billet Grill
Air Bag Signed by Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan, Gary Davis, Gary Patterson & Cleo Shelby
40th Anniversary Signature Floor Mats w/ Gold Stripes
Shelby GT Plus & Eradispeed 14" brakes & S/S brake lines
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
SAI installed polished Paxton SC # 0066 w/ GT 500 fuel pump
GT-H/SC side stripes
Shelby gauges & gauge pod
424RWHP 367 Torque
KR rear end expansion tank
2009 Shelby Bash top 20 winner
2011 Bash In & Out cruise recognition plaque
Painted over the top stripes
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood
2014 Vegas Bash Show & Shine Class Winner

The race is run, the flag unfurled, the champion now will rest.
God speed, Carroll Shelby, we will never forget you.
CARROLL H SHELBY

Jan. 11, 1923 – May 10, 2012

http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/030.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/035.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/037.jpg

#70 OFFLINE   SWEDEMAN

SWEDEMAN

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

I love my whipplefied SGT too and I love my 13 Boss 302 almost as much.

Swede I thought you made a truce with me? This post seems like you are trying to egg me on.....which I am not going to engage in any negative dialog with you so please try to be cool and not cause any more drama to the forum.
:cheerleader:

Nordic- My man....no issue here and the only drama or trauma is your ride(s) burning the wheels up on the track! I was just congrating you on your ride. Sorry if it was not scripted correctly...remember we are all Shelby people 100%. I have nothing but good hope and good future for you and your stable of rides!
Hows that new Boss treating you, incredible I bet.

PS: You never did accept my truce....will you accept it now?

EDITED:

Edited by SWEDEMAN, 01 October 2012 - 05:31 PM.

2007 Shelby GT/SC
Shelby American
Las Vegas, Nevada

#71 OFFLINE   RogerS

RogerS

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Northeast Region
  • 5,171 posts
  • Joined 07-April 06
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Vintage Shelby Vehicles

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

As far as I know, and I could be wrong but there were NO GTSC born at Shelby, after they were born at FORD shipped to Shelby to be made into SGT's then sold, the new owner could get Shelby to do some after market work. All the SGT's that were made into GTSC.s were technically used cars.
By the way I love the GTSC and as soon as I can afford it my SGT will become a GTSC whether I choose to do it at Shelby,Tasca or Sean Motors.When its done I'll have a modified Mustang Shelby GT

Not exactly correct. There were several cars that were bought and paid for prior to the cars being built at Shelby American that never left the yard for transport back to the dealer. When they were completed in production they were moved to the "mod shop" at Shelby for additional work. It only had 3-4 lifts at the time. Little known to many owners it was an inside "skunk works" operation that was converting some very unique cars. Paxton and Whipple SC's, big brakes, wheels and tires, deep draw hoods and quite a few other items thrown in. It was totally handled by Shelby American as was the transportation directly to the customers door.

By the way, if you take it to Tasca they will provide the Shelby GT/SC certificate to document the conversion and have it entered into the registry.

Roger

Edited by roger-SAI, 01 October 2012 - 06:05 PM.

"If you don't go do what you wanna do, you're just bullshitting yourself." Carroll Shelby

2012 Shelby GT 500 Grabber Blue

2013 Ford Focus ST Black

#72 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,542 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Planes, cars, good times, good friends!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

I installed the E-Force supercharger and for a moment considered adding "home made" S/C badging/stickers. That moment passed rather quickly as the Edelbrock is very stealthy - and stealthy is a fun thing!

Sam
AKA:
Posted Image
My Trademark - Don't even think about using it!
In Memory Of Willy T

#73 OFFLINE   Rev Dennis

Rev Dennis

• Northeast Region
  • 722 posts
  • Joined 21-August 11
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

mbcortese - you had a longer drive than I did, if you drove it to TASCA and back. Since I don't drag race I find the 550 Whipple with 493 HP at the wheels totally off the chart! So 475 is more than enough. Good luck with your new rocket.

Edited by Rev Dennis, 02 October 2012 - 07:52 AM.

Will Rogers

#74 OFFLINE   bmezz

bmezz

Team Shelby New Member

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 09-June 11

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

Not exactly correct. There were several cars that were bought and paid for prior to the cars being built at Shelby American that never left the yard for transport back to the dealer. When they were completed in production they were moved to the "mod shop" at Shelby for additional work. It only had 3-4 lifts at the time. Little known to many owners it was an inside "skunk works" operation that was converting some very unique cars. Paxton and Whipple SC's, big brakes, wheels and tires, deep draw hoods and quite a few other items thrown in. It was totally handled by Shelby American as was the transportation directly to the customers door.

By the way, if you take it to Tasca they will provide the Shelby GT/SC certificate to document the conversion and have it entered into the registry.

Roger

1: Were these cars sold the consumer and titled to them before the work was done? If so they are still modded Shelby GT's
2: Sean Motors in Canada is also a certified Shelby mod shop.

Edited by bmezz, 02 October 2012 - 12:52 PM.

07SGT0456

Shelby 2014

#75 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

I wish SAI would authorize the Edelbrock as a package for the SGT/SC. Carroll was friends with Vic Edelbrock so it would make sense. And I like the idea of a mild 5 psi boost that still makes good numbers.

and Edelbrock could make an engine cover that would say SHELBY.

Edited by 07SGT, 02 October 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#76 OFFLINE   Lgs ShelbyGT

Lgs ShelbyGT

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Northwest Region
  • 496 posts
  • Joined 19-September 08
  • Region:Pacific Northwest
  • Interests:cars, street bikes, sand dunes & ATVs, snow skiing & martial arts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

I wish SAI would authorize the Edelbrock as a package for the SGT/SC. Carroll was friends with Vic Edelbrock so it would make sense. And I like the idea of a mild 5 psi boost that still makes good numbers.

and Edelbrock could make an engine cover that would say SHELBY.

Great idea!
But unlikely it will happen
4.6 with forged internals & TVS e-force is capable of somewhere north of 600 RWHP
Posted ImagePosted Image
2007 Shelby GT Black 07SGT1717
E-force w/FRPP CAI (450 rwhp/443 rwt), McLeod RST, FRPP radiator, Brembos & SS lines, KR r axle reservoir, Steeda LCAs, Roush Off Road axle backs + other stuff
Still setting on the shelf to install: Fays2 Watts Link, FRPP front brake cooling ducts, GT500 splitter, UPR catch can (how to mount it...)
Ancient History:
1965 Mustang - 289 4brl, 4spd, Pony Pack, factory traction bars (1968-1971)
1968 Mustang California Special - 351W 4brl with Shaker hood 426HP
line lock, cool can, Shelby suspension upgrades, etc (1973)

#77 OFFLINE   SWEDEMAN

SWEDEMAN

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

1: Were these cars sold the consumer and titled to them before the work was done? If so they are still modded Shelby GT's
2: Sean Motors in Canada is also a certified Shelby mod shop.

Either you want it done and will have an authentic Shelby GT/SC or you do it yourself. Either way you'll have an awesome car that very few cars can beat (any model) and it will be a ton of fun. It will either have a plaque that says" Factory Supercharged by Shelby American" or "Factory Supercharged & Certified By BMEZZ". ; )
2007 Shelby GT/SC
Shelby American
Las Vegas, Nevada

#78 OFFLINE   bmezz

bmezz

Team Shelby New Member

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 09-June 11

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

Either you want it done and will have an authentic Shelby GT/SC or you do it yourself. Either way you'll have an awesome car that very few cars can beat (any model) and it will be a ton of fun. It will either have a plaque that says" Factory Supercharged by Shelby American" or "Factory Supercharged & Certified By BMEZZ". ; )

I think you missed my point Sean Motors is an authorized Shelby Mod shop and my car will be on official GTSC when completed by them with a plaque that says "Factory Supercharged by Shelby American".

07SGT0456

Shelby 2014

#79 OFFLINE   SWEDEMAN

SWEDEMAN

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

I think you missed my point Sean Motors is an authorized Shelby Mod shop and my car will be on official GTSC when completed by them with a plaque that says "Factory Supercharged by Shelby American".

No, I caught that. I was just stating for all to see and hear that a Shelby GT that is SC'd is a car to contend.
Now a true and authentic Shelby GT/SC, I 100% believe, have driven and tested it and the car cannot be not matched because of the quality of Shelby American and the heritage that goes with it.
( Note: A SuperSnake, Red with black stripes or silver stripes with 20" Alcoas & interior upgrade.....Ok I would sell/trade my GT/SC and pay the difference if I could find one).
Good Luck and congrat's!
2007 Shelby GT/SC
Shelby American
Las Vegas, Nevada

#80 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,187 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

( Note: A SuperSnake, Red with black stripes or silver stripes with 20" Alcoas & interior upgrade.....Ok I would sell/trade my GT/SC and pay the difference if I could find one).

I'll see if Gary Patterson left his keys in it... :hysterical2:

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#81 OFFLINE   SWEDEMAN

SWEDEMAN

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

I'll see if Gary Patterson left his keys in it... :hysterical2:
Jer

Oh...is that his? I want it !
Thanks Jer!

Edited by SWEDEMAN, 05 October 2012 - 04:36 PM.

2007 Shelby GT/SC
Shelby American
Las Vegas, Nevada

#82 OFFLINE   csm198

csm198

CSM198

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Interests:shelby gt's

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I don't need no stinkin badges!
/Users/Jonathan/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/Dec 11, 2010_25/mmfp_0906_03_z+cobra_jet_mustang+front_view.jpg
MY MODS
Performance White
Charcoal Interior
SGT # 198
1st Supercharged SGT from SAI (Paxton - S/C # 14)
GT/SC Delete on side stripe
3:73 gear ratio
CS grill assembly
Shelby Plus Pro Brake System
Shelby 4 wheel brake ducts
Shelby gauge cluster
Shelby stut bar
Sequential tail lights
Quarter window aluminum covers billet hood pins
Engine billet caps
Razors (gun metal)
Various interior pieces upgraded
Billet fuel door
CS/SC trunk lock emblem

Former Cars

1956 T-Bird (Coral)
1965 Mustang Notchback 6 cyl.
1965 Daytona Coupe F5 (Guardsman Blue)
1969 Fairlane Cobra FB 428CJ w/ ram air (Indian Fire)
1967 Shelby GT500 (Dark Moss Green)

http://s229.photobuc...Coupe Factory5/ Visit My Website

#83 OFFLINE   ShelbyDW

ShelbyDW

Texas SGT

• Southern Plains Region
  • 132 posts
  • Joined 25-August 08
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Terlinqua
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Roger

Roger,

Just to be clear, there have been no GT/SC produced and sold as such from SAI? All GT/SC's have been to a "Mod Shop" that is approved by SAI regardless of timing of the mod. Correct?

Edited by ShelbyDW, 07 October 2012 - 06:43 PM.

07SGT0882

Former Ride:
70 Mach1 351C

#84 OFFLINE   Rev Dennis

Rev Dennis

• Northeast Region
  • 722 posts
  • Joined 21-August 11
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

As long as it has a Shelby Factory Supercharged plate on it - that's good enough for me. That's the badge that matters. I understand people not wanting the GT/SC on the side stripe. A good way to surprise a lot of other cars at the stop light and on the track.
Will Rogers

#85 OFFLINE   Dig-It

Dig-It

Redneck Jedi

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,385 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07
  • Region:Other

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

What are your guys thoughts on installing the Shelby GT/SC decals on the car after I have had the whipple supercharger installed on the car? Does the Shelby world frown on that? Is it looked at like it is a fake since it was not done at Shelby America? I would like to have the forums options. If I did decide to do it who has the best decals to match the originals?

Thanks
Chris

It's the same as buying a Mustang GT, throwing some Shelby parts and badges on the car, and calling it a Shelby.
Posted Image
The Mustangs of Chepadas Stables
2008 Shelby GT/SC Convertible - CSM No. 08SGT1716 - Boulevard cruiser / show car.
2012 BOSS 302 Laguna Seca - No. LS 337, Black with Red stripes - Track toy.

IT'S NOT ABOUT MILES PER GALLON - IT'S ABOUT SMILES PER GALLON!
KTRSD

#86 OFFLINE   ShelbyDW

ShelbyDW

Texas SGT

• Southern Plains Region
  • 132 posts
  • Joined 25-August 08
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Terlinqua
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

It's the same as buying a Mustang GT, throwing some Shelby parts and badges on the car, and calling it a Shelby.

Oh please, like that's the stock hood on your Shelby. Give me a break. Dude, Stock is Stock. Pains me to see what people in here see as pure Shelby GT/SC. Your anaolgy is, well flawed. At what point does it become a mod car and not stock?

Please note my question to Roger above. I think it's all after the fact.

Edited by ShelbyDW, 10 October 2012 - 07:32 PM.

07SGT0882

Former Ride:
70 Mach1 351C

#87 OFFLINE   RogerS

RogerS

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Northeast Region
  • 5,171 posts
  • Joined 07-April 06
  • Interests:Vintage Shelby Vehicles

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

Roger,

Just to be clear, there have been no GT/SC produced and sold as such from SAI? All GT/SC's have been to a "Mod Shop" that is approved by SAI regardless of timing of the mod. Correct?

Being that all Shelby GT's were pre-title packages there were NO Shelby GT/SC's produced and sent to dealers for resale. All SC additions were after the owner took delivery of the vehicle or were able to show ownership of the vehicle. There was NO Shelby GT/SC package offered through Shelby American. Now there was the option of adding a supercharger and additional options right at Shelby after the owner did show ownership/registration of the vehicle. That and other options were offered if you asked the right questions. This was prior to an Mod Shop agreements being signed.

The SGT/SC package was not officially offered as a formal package prior to 2009. All additional modifications were done by owners, Speed Shops or dealerships with performance divisions who offered the products.

There were several customers who "knew of' the Shelby option and had significant performance options installed prior to delivery of their "new/used" vehicles. I say new/used at there were no miles on the car except test miles from Shelby American after conversion prior to being placed in a holding yard for Ford Motor Company transportation to the selling/ordering dealer. If you choose to have your vehicle modified with a supercharger, bigger brakes, deep draw hood, gauge package, wheels and tires Shelby American would arrange shipment for an additional fee to the destination of your choice. Some had them delivered to their home others to dealerships close by their homes. But no additional work would be performed without documentation of ownership. This was due to Shelby American's manufacturing license conditions.

The decal idea was arrived at through the Shelby American "speed shop" at the request of owners choosing to supercharger their vehicles prior to delivery. The mod shops were also allowed to build these cars and would also have the decal shipped from Shelby American per the mod shop agreement.

The "formal" SC package offering took place shortly after my arrival in Sales. Being a Shelby GT/SC owner and frequenting the forms there were many owners who expressed an interest in a package that would offer some choice on SC selection with minimal option and retention of the original wheel/tire package. Based on the feedback we offered a Ford Racing Whipple, Kenne-Bell and for a very short time the Paxton SC's packaged with a brake rotor, pad and stainless brake line kit and a dash mounted gauge pod.

Finding the Paxton did not have an EO sticker making it emissions compliant, the Paxton was not offered through Shelby American, again due to the manufacturing requirements. At the time there was no Shelby American Motorsports division at Shelby and all modifications were completed under the Shelby American banner. There is a Paxton option currently available but only through Shelby American Motorsports and only with a signed disclaimer of the owner acknowledging non-emissions compliance and a required tune modification along with a fuel pump upgrade to maximize performance and reliability.

Hope this helps answer the questions and provides a little history on the development of the SC package.

Roger

"If you don't go do what you wanna do, you're just bullshitting yourself." Carroll Shelby

2012 Shelby GT 500 Grabber Blue

2013 Ford Focus ST Black

#88 OFFLINE   mywickedshelby

mywickedshelby

Cogito Ergo Zoom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,749 posts
  • Joined 17-May 07
  • Interests:Occassionally

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

I'm sure this will break the TOS or whatever, but swede you are possibly the biggest douche I've "spoken" with on the Internet to date.

Of course it doesn't sound like I'm tracking official gt/sc cars BECAUSE I DIDNT CLAIM THAT'S WHAT I WAS DOING. Read your own posts.

Leave the registry to the company that built the cars. Who the hell is gonna rely on your "records" in 40 years anyway? Do you think that your grand kid is going to take your authentic gt/sc to auction along with your excel spreadsheet and that's gonna add any value? Maybe a printout of all the years bitching about how underpowered the car was and how they botched your dyno report when you finally did something about it and how you then couldn't sell it would boost the value?

I'll just stick with driving the shit out of mine and getting my return on investment thru enjoying my commute to work every day.

love this post!

2007 Black SGT. CSM #2502

Masterfully Modified at MacKenzie Mustang Supply in Palm Springs, California

Deep Draw Hood (clears my Whipple without lowering the engine) and Painted Stripes / August 2011

4.6 Aluminator built by L&M Race Engines, Hatboro, PA. February 2012, 700hp!
Shelby Run Europe 2012 Participant! Driven in 36 US States and 11 Countries.........So far!

547869_10202350277620752_547696593_n.jpg

#89 OFFLINE   jmn444

jmn444

Jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,887 posts
  • Joined 16-May 09

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Thanks, I aim to please lol
Posted ImagePosted Image

519 RWHP / 484 TQ Taking bets on when the bottom end will die....

#90 OFFLINE   mywickedshelby

mywickedshelby

Cogito Ergo Zoom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,749 posts
  • Joined 17-May 07
  • Interests:Occassionally

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

[/color]

Being that all Shelby GT's were pre-title packages there were NO Shelby GT/SC's produced and sent to dealers for resale. All SC additions were after the owner took delivery of the vehicle or were able to show ownership of the vehicle. There was NO Shelby GT/SC package offered through Shelby American. Now there was the option of adding a supercharger and additional options right at Shelby after the owner did show ownership/registration of the vehicle. That and other options were offered if you asked the right questions. This was prior to an Mod Shop agreements being signed.

The SGT/SC package was not officially offered as a formal package prior to 2009. All additional modifications were done by owners, Speed Shops or dealerships with performance divisions who offered the products.

There were several customers who "knew of' the Shelby option and had significant performance options installed prior to delivery of their "new/used" vehicles. I say new/used at there were no miles on the car except test miles from Shelby American after conversion prior to being placed in a holding yard for Ford Motor Company transportation to the selling/ordering dealer. If you choose to have your vehicle modified with a supercharger, bigger brakes, deep draw hood, gauge package, wheels and tires Shelby American would arrange shipment for an additional fee to the destination of your choice. Some had them delivered to their home others to dealerships close by their homes. But no additional work would be performed without documentation of ownership. This was due to Shelby American's manufacturing license conditions.

The decal idea was arrived at through the Shelby American "speed shop" at the request of owners choosing to supercharger their vehicles prior to delivery. The mod shops were also allowed to build these cars and would also have the decal shipped from Shelby American per the mod shop agreement.

The "formal" SC package offering took place shortly after my arrival in Sales. Being a Shelby GT/SC owner and frequenting the forms there were many owners who expressed an interest in a package that would offer some choice on SC selection with minimal option and retention of the original wheel/tire package. Based on the feedback we offered a Ford Racing Whipple, Kenne-Bell and for a very short time the Paxton SC's packaged with a brake rotor, pad and stainless brake line kit and a dash mounted gauge pod.

Finding the Paxton did not have an EO sticker making it emissions compliant, the Paxton was not offered through Shelby American, again due to the manufacturing requirements. At the time there was no Shelby American Motorsports division at Shelby and all modifications were completed under the Shelby American banner. There is a Paxton option currently available but only through Shelby American Motorsports and only with a signed disclaimer of the owner acknowledging non-emissions compliance and a required tune modification along with a fuel pump upgrade to maximize performance and reliability.

Hope this helps answer the questions and provides a little history on the development of the SC package.

Roger

yup, thats how I remember it! :rockon:

2007 Black SGT. CSM #2502

Masterfully Modified at MacKenzie Mustang Supply in Palm Springs, California

Deep Draw Hood (clears my Whipple without lowering the engine) and Painted Stripes / August 2011

4.6 Aluminator built by L&M Race Engines, Hatboro, PA. February 2012, 700hp!
Shelby Run Europe 2012 Participant! Driven in 36 US States and 11 Countries.........So far!

547869_10202350277620752_547696593_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users