Team Shelby New Member

• Northern Plains Region
  • 404 posts
  • Joined 25-December 11
  • Region:Northern Plains
  • Interests:farming and ranching, travelling, grandkids and car shows
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

Went to hubby's class reunion last night. Always the smoke blower who needs to be the top dog and if you believe the bs he throws out then he sure sounds good. Some friends were discussing the Shelby 500 etc in a nice way and having fun when :Mr Know it All and I am better than anyone else sounds off. He says Yeah I had two mustangs and took one to TX to get Carroll Shelby's sig for $30000. Bought one for $100000and sold it for $90000-that was dumb in my opinion. Now, the thing is that this guy doesn't have a pot and we all know it. But when he was blowing smoke he didn't know we had a Shelby-I offered to take him outside and show him and he about choked! Didn't go either-imagine that.
Question is-is there a place in TX that does official Shelby mods or just at SA in Vegas? One of the guys asked if hubby had ever been to SA and he said no but my wife has and probably knows more about that type of thing than me. Mr Know It all never said another word. So for the follow up tonight I need to have my ducks in a row about the TX thing.
Thanks!!

#2 OFFLINE   frydguy79

frydguy79

TEAM SHELBY NORTHERN PLAINS DIRECTOR

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 2,465 posts
  • Joined 14-August 07
  • Region:Northern Plains

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:42 AM

Went to hubby's class reunion last night. Always the smoke blower who needs to be the top dog and if you believe the bs he throws out then he sure sounds good. Some friends were discussing the Shelby 500 etc in a nice way and having fun when :Mr Know it All and I am better than anyone else sounds off. He says Yeah I had two mustangs and took one to TX to get Carroll Shelby's sig for $30000. Bought one for $100000and sold it for $90000-that was dumb in my opinion. Now, the thing is that this guy doesn't have a pot and we all know it. But when he was blowing smoke he didn't know we had a Shelby-I offered to take him outside and show him and he about choked! Didn't go either-imagine that.
Question is-is there a place in TX that does official Shelby mods or just at SA in Vegas? One of the guys asked if hubby had ever been to SA and he said no but my wife has and probably knows more about that type of thing than me. Mr Know It all never said another word. So for the follow up tonight I need to have my ducks in a row about the TX thing.
Thanks!!

there was but quantam is out of the business

TEAM SHELBY REGIONAL DIRECTOR
NORTHERN PLAINS REGION
2008 GT 500 ARREST ME Red/White Stripe Coupe
Red/Black Interior Pkg
HID Head lights Sat Radio
Ambient Lighting
3.5 DSS ONE PIECE DRIVESHAFT
MCLEOD RXT TWIN DISC RACE CLUTCH
SHELBY FAYS 2 WATTS LINK

SHELBY GT00 KR ALCOA'S
FRRP 3.73'S
FRRP KR SHIFTER
J&M RED UCA
J&M RED LCA'S

C&R TWIN FAN H/E
Sold it to myself!!!
DAMN PUSHY SALES PERSON!!
Sold Date 02-14-2008
# 777 of 1367 Red 2008 Coupes
# 3627 of total 2008 coupes
50TH BASH # 177
Personalized plates ...... TRPL 7S
banner.gt500red.jpg

#3 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Mountain Region
  • 7,238 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

Question is-is there a place in TX that does official Shelby mods or just at SA in Vegas?

Quantam Motorsports was the official Shelby mod shop in Texas. They converted GT500's in to Super Snakes but not sure if the did the others (GT500SE, etc.). If Mr. Know-it-all paid $30K for Carroll's signature, he's a fool or got scammed. And I don't think the earliest base Super Snake was only $30K but I do seem to remember a $33K "base" starting point on early Super Snakes.

As pointed out by another member, Quantam closed awhile back. Probably about a year ago, or slightly longer?

Shelby American in Las Vegas NV, Quantam in TX and Tasca Ford in Rhode Island are the only 3 in the USA. Them and Sean Hyland Motorsports up in Canada.

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#4 OFFLINE   Bill Hamilton

Bill Hamilton

Mustang Owner and Driver since 1970

• South Atlantic Region
  • 920 posts
  • Joined 21-September 10
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Mustangs and Aviation

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

(LOL) A woman with knowledge is a dangerous thing .... and the older I get, the more dangerous women I meet. You go girl. :yahoo:

Edited by Bill Hamilton, 22 July 2012 - 06:51 AM.

Bill Hamilton
USAF Retired

2014 Mustang Shelby GT-500
VMP Tune
JLT Oil Separator

MRT Hood Struts
Michelin Super Sports

1970 Mustang Mach 1
2011 Mustang Shelby GT-500 (gone but not forgotten)

gallery_30184_1666_98615.jpg

#5 OFFLINE   Doug_GT350

Doug_GT350

It's fun being a pig!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,581 posts
  • Joined 06-May 09
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:my grandchildren!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:13 AM

(LOL) A women with knowledge is a dangerous thing .... and the older I get, the more dangerous women I meet. You go girl. :yahoo:

I couldn't agree more Bill!
WhippleWhine.jpg
Sorry officer, I thought you wanted to race!

2007 SGT CSM07SGT1316 Purchased 5/12/07 Black, 5 speed
Blue Oval Sequential Taillights, Lower Grille, Faux Snake Gas Cap, Shorty Antenna,
1st GT/SC conversion by Tasca since Shelby released the Model!!!
550 Whipple, Baer drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk pads, Gauge Pod,
McLoed twin disc clutch and Aluminum Flywheel, Shelby billet license frame,
Whipple 10 Rib belt system, Lethal Ind. Poly motor mounts, Shelby snake center caps,
quarter window black outs, Shelby billet engine cap set, Shelby brake duct bezels and
PIAA lights.
No, I have not dynoed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users