#1 OFFLINE   Ray Lucca

Ray Lucca

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Joined 20-October 10

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

I have an 09 Vert and I'm thinking about suspension and Brake up-grades. Feel like I have a good setup in mind for the suspension: H/R F/R Springs and F/R Sway Bars, Adj. Upper, and lower control arms, M.M C/C Plates, Tokico D Specs, already have the adj. panhard bar,might need relocation brackets, and brace.. As to Brakes:

Add the F/R Goodridge SS Brake lines, flush and change to a 5.1 Brake Fluid, or....
The Shelby F.kit is $ 3600 with a 4-6 week wait or
The Baer F. Kit is cheaper available from Lethal and is the same kit, without the Shelby name, or???
The AP kit is about $ 2600.00 from Stillen, and I've heard good things about it. Does anyone actually have it and have any comments???

Thanx

Edited by Ray Lucca, 18 July 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   MMcGuirk

MMcGuirk

Team Shelby Member

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 2,853 posts
  • Joined 03-December 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Everything automotive, NHL, NCAAF, German Shepherd dogs

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:20 AM

I have AP racing brakes on my 06 and they are equal in performance to the Shelby Baers on my 11.
TEAM SHELBY PACIFIC REGION DIRECTOR
Team Shelby member 906

2011 Shelby GT350 - CSM113500040
624 HP, 604.6 RWHP Watt's Link, Partial painted stripes, Museum delivery 4/6/11 Tremec Magnum XL

#3 OFFLINE   Shipwright

Shipwright

Shipwright

• Members
  • Pip
  • 426 posts
  • Joined 17-September 05

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

I have the AP Racing set up on both front and rear wheels on my '08 and have no issues with them. They are definately better than stock.
Fair Winds and Following Seas

Denis

#4 OFFLINE   OsirisGT500

OsirisGT500

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 148 posts
  • Joined 21-March 10
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

AP racing 6 piston on the front and they are a little better than stock. If I had to do it again I probably wouldn't have changed the fronts. It was not the big leap better that I thought it would be. For most of us brake ducts, two piece rotors and track pads would be sufficent. Look at full tilt boogie racing for rotors. Money saved here could be used for a K member, radiator support and a arms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users