Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Hockey, Health, Mustangs

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

Thinking about completeing the Shelby transformation on the KR. What do you fellows think about about this plug and play light kit? They've got a great video up on their site.

Posted Image

Previous

• Posted Image
  • Posted Image

Edited by frank bullitt, 25 July 2012 - 10:18 AM.

Frank Bullitt

#2 OFFLINE   clark17357

clark17357

Member Terlingua Racing Team, Team Shelby Member #499

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,802 posts
  • Joined 20-August 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

In the end, it is your car but I vote to leave it as is - there is something elegant about the KR's that I don't think can be improved upon.

Jim

th_Alcoa023.jpg th_Alcoa027.jpg th_Alcoa035.jpg th_Alcoa021.jpg th_Spin1.jpg

2008 Shelby GT Mustang, Vista Blue with Silver Stripes, 5-Speed, Coupe, CSM Number 08SGT0282. Shelby Las Vegas Mod Shop additions: Center gauge cluster, Kenne Bell polished supercharger, Lower grille with front and rear brake ducts w/o driving lights, Sequential directional lights. Installed post Mod Shop: AP Racing brakes (6-piston front, 4-piston rear), Fays2 Watts Link, GT500KR wheels and Goodyear F1 Supercar tires, Compass/temp/homelink rear view mirror, IUP gauges retrofit, Roger's IUP steering wheel, Metco upper and lower control arms, BBR 3.5" aluminum drive shaft, BMR front drive shaft safety loop; Autopower four point roll bar, Autopower five point racing harnesses (both sides), camber/caster plates, JBA shorty headers, QTP exhaust cutouts, Safecraft fire suppression system, Shelby/Revan Racing radiator, heat exchanger, and Shelby/Revan Racing black anodized underhood tanks, and Ford Racing power steering cooler. McCloud twin disk clutch with aluminum flywheel.  Dyno results: 453 rear wheel torque, 447 rear wheel horse power @ 67 degrees F, 75% humidity @ sea level.

#3 ONLINE   07SGT4578

07SGT4578

2007-08 Shelby GT Registrar

• 4,499 posts
  • Joined 29-October 07
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:nothing to see here........move along.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

+1

(null)
Chris Carter

Posted Image

Shelby American Registrar --- 07-08 Shelby GT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oklahoma Director --- Team Shelby Southern Plains Region

Email me

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOUR SHELBY

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF TEAM SHELBY

#4 OFFLINE   belltr

belltr

Proud Member of The KR Owners Club

• Northeast Region
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 23-February 10
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:My new KR, Photography

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

They were at carsile and I tried to buy the set that they had their but they would not sell.
They actually had thought they would be available the following week and I was ready to buy but now they are not available until the end of August...
I am very interested in them for my KR I love the original shelby lights...
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,487 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

Thinking about completeing the Shelby transformation on the KR. What do you fellows think about about this plug and play light kit? They've got a great video up on their site.
Previous

• Posted Image

This has been on the drawing board for years now and I *like* it. I think it adds that much more to the retro Shelby look. I think Shelby should'a added these to their Super Snakes from the get go.

Are they finally available now?

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#6 OFFLINE   shelbypt

shelbypt

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 717 posts
  • Joined 05-October 08
  • Region:Decline

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

I think they look great at night, but during the day... Well, I think it looks like crap. And for $600, I definitely don't like them. I'm not into the black trim and each side is two pieces not one.
I would Not do it.
[color="#4169e1"]2008 Shelby GT500KR CSM #08KR0301 Silver Metallic with Blue stripes and Navigation.
A Virtuous Man is a Man of Moderation, and has a KR.

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   frank bullitt

frank bullitt

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

They were at carsile and I tried to buy the set that they had their but they would not sell.
They actually had thought they would be available the following week and I was ready to buy but now they are not available until the end of August...
I am very interested in them for my KR I love the original shelby lights...

So how did they look in person belltr? More specifically, the trunk section across the top. Is it flush with the indent of the trunk or does it protrude out? I have a concern about how they would look / how flush they would be without the big duckie stuck onto the back side of the trunk. Do the trunk lights line up well with the outboard lights? What were your thoughts on quality? So you'd put them on your KR?

This has been on the drawing board for years now and I *like* it. I think it adds that much more to the retro Shelby look. I think Shelby should'a added these to their Super Snakes from the get go.

Are they finally available now?

Phill

Ready end of August Phil.

Anyone else see them in person?

Edited by frank bullitt, 25 July 2012 - 08:55 PM.

Frank Bullitt

#8 OFFLINE   belltr

belltr

• Northeast Region
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 23-February 10

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

I think they look great at night, but during the day... Well, I think it looks like crap. And for $600, I definitely don't like them. I'm not into the black trim and each side is two pieces not one.
I would Not do it.

Gary,

Its actually 3 pieaces total, the center pieace that goes on the trunk lid and then each tail light. I actually liked the way they looked in the day. If I remember correctly they told me you can paint it to match what ever color you want.
Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   belltr

belltr

• Northeast Region
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 23-February 10

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

Anyone else see them in person?

The one at the show was the car in their picture and that was smoking good!!!
everythin lined up perfectly and yes I would put them on my KR and plan on doing it... :happy feet:
Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   03 DSG Snake

03 DSG Snake

Team Shelby Member

• Members E
  • PipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • Joined 11-May 06
  • Region:Decline

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

Gary,

Its actually 3 pieaces total, the center pieace that goes on the trunk lid and then each tail light. I actually liked the way they looked in the day. If I remember correctly they told me you can paint it to match what ever color you want.

Paint match might come out pretty sweet. I like them on the Cervini car. It's always reversible..
Posted Image

2003 Dark Shadow Grey Cobra Coupe
Pulley, intake, long tubes, MM coil overs, tubular A arms, etc.
484rwhp/479rwtq

2007 Tungsten Grey Shelby GT500
KR mufflers, Intake, Handling Pack, DSS Driveshaft, Steeda LCAs, Maximum Motorsports C/C Plates and Panhard Bar, '08 Crank Pulley, HRE wheels, Custom Tune
545rwhp/530rwtq

#11 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 636 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12
  • Interests:.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

I ordered them in April and plan on getting them painted. If they ever show up I will post some pics.
Are they made by Cervinis or Champion Mustang. I ordered mine from Champion and last time I checked they are listed for $100 less.

#12 OFFLINE   KR_Mac

KR_Mac

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 07-July 09

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:25 AM

Do you plan on doing the duck wing also or just the lights... seems like it would be off if you just did the lights? Also anyone thought of getting rear tinted lights for the KR?

#13 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,487 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

Do you plan on doing the duck wing also or just the lights... seems like it would be off if you just did the lights? Also anyone thought of getting rear tinted lights for the KR?

That's the part I don't like, that stOOpid looking duck wing. I'm thinking you could get away without using it. The bottom of the lights (on a 2010+) is what's different and I'm pretty sure you can interchange the 09- and the 10+ rear facia so a person could use the early style tail lights, and/or the Cervani's.

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#14 OFFLINE   frank bullitt

frank bullitt

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

It would be a big no for me on the duck tail. Although I have always liked the GT500 spoiler better than the V6 one despite the down force testing results. I'd consider changing out to a Ford GT500 spoiler ala the GT500KR reveal show car if it worked better with these lights. I think as long as changes are reversable, no harm is risked.

So for me, it's all about how the unit would fit across the top of the trunk indentation. I don't want a big hunk of plastic protruding out past the trunk or the trunk mounted lights not lining up with the outer sections. It looks pretty flush under the duck tail in some of the cervinis pictures. I'm optimistic that those who have seen it in person, like it a lot.

Keeping it matte black would tie it into the rear diffuser....but painting it and adding stripes would blend it into the car better. There should be some interesting pictures coming out soon.

Frank Bullitt

#15 OFFLINE   SteelTownStang

SteelTownStang

SteelTownStang

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Joined 13-August 09

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

I say- go for it. Very unique. As mentioned, you can return the car to OEM if desired.
NEW CAR: 2012 GT500 Black w/Grabber Blue Stripes
RECENTLY SOLD CAR: 2008 GT500 Red w/White Stripes
MODS: VMP 2.59 Pulley & Tune, JLT Induction Tube, Airaid Blue SynthaMax Filter, Painted STB Brace, FRPP Springs, BRM Adjustable Panhard Bar, Borla S-Type Exhaust, 20% Window Tint, Speed Dawg Shifter, NXT Hood Lifts, CDC Dead Pedal, Kicker Speaker/Sub Upgrade, Cobra Floor Mats, 2013 Splitter, SVTPP Wheels & Tires, Cervini Tinted Taillight, V-Led 5K LED Fog Lights, etc.

Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   CrzyHorse

CrzyHorse

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts
  • Joined 23-February 09

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Any updates on this? I would love to see one on someone car
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   frank bullitt

frank bullitt

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

Any updates on this? I would love to see one on someone car

On a waiting list, product released end of August according to the website......

Frank Bullitt

#18 OFFLINE   belltr

belltr

• Northeast Region
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 23-February 10

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

Did anyone get a set from the first batch ?
Posted Image

#19 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 636 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

Mine haven't shown up yet. They told me sometime this month.

#20 OFFLINE   twicebitten

twicebitten

Team Shelby Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 621 posts
  • Joined 18-July 07
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:sports.females

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

ehhh not for me.

08 gt500kr csm#297
2014 gt500
09 gt500
b0dd6623-08c0-45a3-b0a6-56d83af7c046_zps

#21 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 636 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Just got an email that they have been shipped.

#22 OFFLINE   Curt A

Curt A

Master Parts Manager

• Great Lakes Region
  • 430 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:29 AM

Is the black area around the tail lights smooth or wrinkle finish ? I would want to paint the black area red and add my stripes to the filler panels.
Curt A
2008 GT500 710 rwhp
3700 miles 11/14 Red w/ Silver Stripes
KB Stage 3 2.8LC Polished Supercharger 3" Pulley / Reiche 180 t/stat / NGK plugs / MSD Coils/ Shelby idler pulley/
C & R Shelby Radiator & Heat Exchanger w/fans./ CJ IC Water pump / JLT oil seperators/Shelby-Moroso oil pan /
Canton Radiator & Heat Exchanger Expansion Tanks /
One Peice Steel Driveshaft/BMR DS Loop / Shelby Shifter / McLeod Twin Disc Clutch /flywheel
JBA FULL 3" exhaust w/catted X pipe ceramic coated gray./ Jet hot coated manifolds
Fays2 Watts Link Assy./ KR Diff Cover / KR oil tank/ BMR Diff Upper Poly Bushing
BMR Upper/Lower rear control arms./ BMR Frt Lwr Control arms / A-arm Support/Shelby rear shock brace
Eibach Coil Over springs/shocks/swaybars/ Shelby sway bar links
Shelby Kicker Sound System/ Shelby Floor Mats [5] KR/Shelby deck-lid liner
GT40 Push Button Start / Shelby -Redline hood & trunk shocks / GT500 "wing" emblems
Sequential Tail Lights / SS Qtr Window -Side Scoops / SS Front Grille bezels/ Shelby Faux Gas Cap Trim Ring/
and Shelby Brake Ducts
GT40 Chrome wheels 18x10 & 18X9 W/305.35.18 Nitto DR 265.35.18 Nitto 555

IF YOU NEED TOYOTA PARTS E-MAIL ME ! eparts@elmhursttoyota.com

#23 OFFLINE   Curt A

Curt A

Master Parts Manager

• Great Lakes Region
  • 430 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

Anyone recieved them yet ?
Curt A
2008 GT500 710 rwhp
3700 miles 11/14 Red w/ Silver Stripes
KB Stage 3 2.8LC Polished Supercharger 3" Pulley / Reiche 180 t/stat / NGK plugs / MSD Coils/ Shelby idler pulley/
C & R Shelby Radiator & Heat Exchanger w/fans./ CJ IC Water pump / JLT oil seperators/Shelby-Moroso oil pan /
Canton Radiator & Heat Exchanger Expansion Tanks /
One Peice Steel Driveshaft/BMR DS Loop / Shelby Shifter / McLeod Twin Disc Clutch /flywheel
JBA FULL 3" exhaust w/catted X pipe ceramic coated gray./ Jet hot coated manifolds
Fays2 Watts Link Assy./ KR Diff Cover / KR oil tank/ BMR Diff Upper Poly Bushing
BMR Upper/Lower rear control arms./ BMR Frt Lwr Control arms / A-arm Support/Shelby rear shock brace
Eibach Coil Over springs/shocks/swaybars/ Shelby sway bar links
Shelby Kicker Sound System/ Shelby Floor Mats [5] KR/Shelby deck-lid liner
GT40 Push Button Start / Shelby -Redline hood & trunk shocks / GT500 "wing" emblems
Sequential Tail Lights / SS Qtr Window -Side Scoops / SS Front Grille bezels/ Shelby Faux Gas Cap Trim Ring/
and Shelby Brake Ducts
GT40 Chrome wheels 18x10 & 18X9 W/305.35.18 Nitto DR 265.35.18 Nitto 555

IF YOU NEED TOYOTA PARTS E-MAIL ME ! eparts@elmhursttoyota.com

#24 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 636 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Just received another email.

Date Ordered: Tuesday 17 April, 2012
The comments for your order are: Due to numerous broken promises from the
manufacturer, we have discontinued our relationship with them & "WILL NOT"
be offering this product. :rant2:
The poor level of customer service at the manufacturer has taken its toll.
We do apologize for all the delays and for any inconvenience it may have
caused.
If your credit card was charged or you paid through pay pal those refunds
will be processed a.s.a.p.

#25 OFFLINE   Cali_KR

Cali_KR

King of the Road

• Team Shelby State Director
  • 4,464 posts
  • Joined 14-September 07
  • Interests:Anything, everything!
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Better yea, than me... :nonono:

That being said, its your car, your cash, do what you will
2012 Shelby Run Europe Participant
8 countries covering 3148 (s)miles

2008 GT500KR #552, Silver/Blue, fully optioned. CS signed visor, 2012 50th Anniversary Shelby Bash Car Show 'class' Award Winner

2006 GT-H #368 (Phoenix Hertz)

1968 GT500KR, owned since 1991. 62k orig mile car * 85th Birthday Bash Car Show Award Winner * * SAAC-35 popular vote 1st. Place Award Winner *

1966 Mustang GT Coupe, 4 speed

2012 BOSS 302 #1212

Past important rides....to me anyways...

1965 Sunbeam Tiger MK1 (260 V-8)
1967 Mustang Fastback (289)
1968 Mustang Coupe (289, track car built to replicate Trans Am B-prod)
1969 Mustang conv. (302)
1965 Corvette conv. (327)
1970 Dodge RT Challenger (383 Magnum)
1975 Trans Am (400ci 4sp)
1979 Mustang Indy Pace car (5.0L)
1986 Corvette Indy Pace Car convertible
1989 Mustang LX 5.0L
2001 Mustang Bullitt
2008 GT500 Ebony Convertible/Alloy stripe/black w/red seats (every option)
* 2010 Shelby Bash Car Show Award Winner *
2009 GT500KR, #551, 1 of 14 in Red/Silver as equipped

Team Shelby Pacific Coast Region State Director
Team Shelby Member since Day One
Shelby American Automobile Club member since 1981
Norcal SAAC Member since 1985

Facebook page, Global Auto Source
"Placing unique cars with the unique people who seek them"
www.myclassiccars.net

#26 OFFLINE   frank bullitt

frank bullitt

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

So was just on the Cervinis website......and it looks as though they have LED tailights in stock. Haven't heard much about these lately. Anyone have bigger stones than me and went for it?

Frank Bullitt

#27 OFFLINE   REAL ONE

REAL ONE

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Joined 26-October 09

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

In a word. No. I wouldn't put them on a KR. A KR is a classic and elegant muscle car with just the right amount of visiable brawn. It doesn't look like some hopped up Mustang that belongs to some high schooler. Cervini tail lights are too glitz IMHO and belong on a "look at me" Mustang like the Cervini.

I would stay with sequentials and call it a day.

But its your car..
<p>CSX 4206 (Raven Black. Power: 1965 427 SO with dual quads)'05 Mark IV Red Ford GT #1414, '09 Torch Red GT500KR, 2012 Boss 302 CO, '07 White Shelby GT, U.S. Army Rangers. Mess with the best, die like the rest. Want 72 virgins? They'll hook you up.

#28 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 636 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

I had an order in but it was canceled. I think they would look great on a KR as it is a similar style that the 68 KR had. I may put in a new order in before Carlisle.

#29 OFFLINE   frank bullitt

frank bullitt

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

I was thinking about getting them carbon fiber wrapped if i pull the trigger. Think it would look better than matte black

Frank Bullitt

#30 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 636 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

The last I looked you could order them with matching paint. However they would not do the stripes due to the alignment issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users