#1 OFFLINE   2010KB

2010KB

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 09-February 10

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

Looking to upgrade my OEM pads to something that will not produce as much dust as the OEMS, however also looking to maintain original performance or as close as I can get to it. This is for street use only, no tracking. What are some recommendations or opinions of the following

Hawk HPC
EBC Red Stuff
Performance Friction Carbon Metallic

Thanks for the opinions.

#2 OFFLINE   54First

54First

Grouchy Old Guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts
  • Joined 09-September 08

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

A lot of us use (get ready for this)... Autozone Duralast Gold C-max ceramics. They work just fine on the street and dust is nearly non-existant.

Steve

#3 OFFLINE   09 Red GT500

09 Red GT500

• Southern Plains Region
  • 864 posts
  • Joined 21-April 08
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

+1
2009 Shelby GT500 Torch Red with Black Stripes
Black w/Red Interior
Options: GT500 Premium Trim, Shaker 1000, HID Headlamps, Ambient Lighting, Vehicle Cover (used occassionally in winter)
Awesome Engine Builders: Gretchen Allen and Jason Altidonna!!!
Dates: Ordered 3/31/08, Serialize/Segment 6/12/2008, Sequence 6/20/08, Blend 6/25/08, Produced 7/3/08, Released 7/10/08, Ship 7/16/08, Arrival 7/29/08, Home 7/29/08
Modifications: Alcoas (50th) w/Hankook Tires, Ford Racing KR Exhaust,Griggs GR40SS Suspension, Revan Racing Radiator and Heat Exchanger, Signed Dash Plaque, Red Stripe Floormats, Shelby GT500 Headrests/Console Cover, Project321 Coil Covers, Project321 Caps, True Forged Hood Vents, M-H Racing Intercooler/Reservoir Tank
Numbers: #271 of 3004 coupes (2009), #61 of 524 Torch Red (2009), 1 of only 295 Red/Black Stripe coupe (2007-2009)

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   2010KB

2010KB

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 09-February 10

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

Honestly I never considered AutoZone. I am old school and AZ never carried the brands that I was used to using (gates, moog, federal mogul etc) and a long time ago when AZ first started, they were considered or had the stigma to carry the "cheap parts" Through more research on this and other websites, quite a few folks as you state are running the AZ Duralast Gold C-MAX. I will more than likely give them a shot since for the money you can't go wrong. I also did not list one other manufacture that from reading about them and other comments have a great product and that is Carbotech, however, they are not cheap! I don't want anyone to think that my goal is strictly cheap, however if the C-MAX perform as well as the Carbotech 1521 and have equally less dusting, then cost does become a factor. If however the Carbotechs are superior in performance and still produce far less dust than the OEM, then I am not opposed to shelling out the additional cash. Thanks for the inputs.

#5 OFFLINE   ShelbyII

ShelbyII

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Northwest Region
  • 197 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08
  • Region:Pacific Northwest
  • Interests:.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

I have an almost new set of Carbotech 1521 pads on the shelf but I bought a set of AZ C-MAX for my GT-500. Way less dust than stock, zero brake noise and performance seems to be equal to or better than stock. I think they're a great choice for street use only.

I like Carbotech pads and I used the 1521s very briefly on a Shelby GT with Brembos before replacing them with XPs for track use. I didn't put them on my GT-500 because they don't have chamfered edges and the C-MAX also have the rubber shim on the backing plate so I thought they would be quieter.
Formerly 428CJ®

2008 Shelby GT500 Vapor/Black

#6 OFFLINE   2010KB

2010KB

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 09-February 10

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

I have an almost new set of Carbotech 1521 pads on the shelf but I bought a set of AZ C-MAX for my GT-500. Way less dust than stock, zero brake noise and performance seems to be equal to or better than stock. I think they're a great choice for street use only.

I like Carbotech pads and I used the 1521s very briefly on a Shelby GT with Brembos before replacing them with XPs for track use. I didn't put them on my GT-500 because they don't have chamfered edges and the C-MAX also have the rubber shim on the backing plate so I thought they would be quieter.

Thanks for the info

#7 OFFLINE   klastinger

klastinger

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 103 posts
  • Joined 21-November 11
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Cars, outdoors, and biking.

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

I recently installed HAWK ceramic pads, and I am very pleased with them. Great braking and little dust.
2012 Shelby GT500 - White, Stripe Delete. Recaros, and Navigation. Suspension: Koni Sport Shocks/Struts, Steeda Springs, Mounts, and Swaybars. Shelby Lower Control Arms and Billet Watts Link. Performance: Corsa Exhaust, JLT Intake, Shelby Oil Catch Cans, AirRaid Filter. Steeda Pulley. Dual Fan Heat Exchanger, and Tunes. Drivetrain: MGW Shifter. Driveshaft Shop Carbon Fiber Driveshaft. Shelby Brake upgrades. Wheels and Tires: Shelby/Alcoa 50th Anniversary Rims, and Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users