svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

Odd. The SYNC Lockpicks I bought when Coastal was the only game in town always seemed decently made and functioned perfectly - just as PnP as advertised.

It's a rather narrow market to support two unique hardware designs. I'd be surprised if they didn't come off the same dock in Shenzen.

Nav-tv works with OEM companies so their stuff is better. Thats why they don't void OEM warranties either. They are OEM approved or something like that.
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
Front splitter curb alert system
Super snake carbon fiber splitter
APR Performance carbon fiber mirror assembly
JLT CF resonator delete w/blue airaid Filter
Shelby transmission cooler scoope
BMR UCA with Mount, BMR adjustable panhard bar
Bob's billet LCA and bob's oil separator
FRPP springs
HRE p40 w/Michelin Super sport tires

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#32 OFFLINE   Madlock

Madlock

Team Shelby Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,559 posts
  • Joined 28-July 10
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

Nav-tv works with OEM companies so their stuff is better. Thats why they don't void OEM warranties either. They are OEM approved or something like that.

An "OEM approved" defeat for nav systems' safety lockouts?

2014 GT500 Coupe • Race Red on Oxford White • Electronics Package • Glass Roof • Performance Package • Track Package • Recaro Seats • Shaker Pro Audio

2013 GT500 Coupe • Race Red on Performance WhiteElectronics PackageGlass RoofPerformance PackageTrack PackageRecaro SeatsShaker Pro AudioGT500 Car Cover

2013 GT500 Convertible • Race Red on Performance WhiteElectronics PackagePerformance PackageRecaro SeatsShaker Pro AudioGT500 Car Cover

2012 BOSS 302 • Performance White on Race Red • Recaro Seat and Helical Differential • BOSS 302 Car Cover

2014 Mustang GT Coupe • 6ATOxford White401A • Brick Red & Cashmere Leather • Brembo Brake PackageElectronics Package • Glass RoofComfort Package • Security Package • Backup Camera

2013 Taurus SHO • Ruby Red Metallic • Charcoal Black • SHO Performance Package • 402A • Navigation • Moonroof • ActiveMotion Seats

#33 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

An "OEM approved" defeat for nav systems' safety lockouts?

Well there are different ways to set it. Right now mine is set with the safety stuff intack. And I think when they say OEM approve they mean in the sense that it won't cause electrical problems to your car.
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
Front splitter curb alert system
Super snake carbon fiber splitter
APR Performance carbon fiber mirror assembly
JLT CF resonator delete w/blue airaid Filter
Shelby transmission cooler scoope
BMR UCA with Mount, BMR adjustable panhard bar
Bob's billet LCA and bob's oil separator
FRPP springs
HRE p40 w/Michelin Super sport tires

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#34 OFFLINE   Roush GR40

Roush GR40

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 407 posts
  • Joined 20-February 08
  • Region:South Atlantic

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

Just spoke with FRPP.  The M-5300-L spring is compatible with 2013 - 2014 electronic dampers on the GT500, but they only lower the car .40" in the front and 1.00" in the rear.

#35 OFFLINE   UKGT500

UKGT500

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 16-December 13
  • Region:Other
  • Interests:Muscle cars, photography, travelling

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:48 AM

I have fitted these springs on my 20007 GT500. I have to say they are excellent when paired up with shocks and struts that Ford recommend.

I thought the ride was a little rough over bad roads but ironically, last week was the first time I had been in a GT500 with completely stock suspension and on the same local roads the ride on that car was definitely harsher....

Surprising perhaps that Ford recommend these over a large range of model years as mine has the heavy iron block compared to the later aluminium block cars.

Regarding bump steer, well I fitted the Shelby bump steer kit and it is the only thing that has given me any grief (I posted here about this) and this is because it is a Heim joint type which can get some surface corrosion and get noisy if it gets wet.

I did this for the sake of it but I am wondering whether to put the stock tie rods on and see if I get bothered by bump steer. Maybe not as these springs do not lower the car much.

Panhard bar: well I can't remember the measurements but my axle was quite noticeably displaced to one side by lowering when the stock panhard was retained.

I chose the BMR adjustable one for 2 reasons:

1) the adjustment is easy to get to when installed on the car. the Steeda one for example didn't look that easily adjustable in situ.
2) The BMR one is the one on Shelby's site.

I also installed a matching panhard brace because I chose to believe the sales talk about how much sturdier it is than the factory one but I really did it just to match the panhard bar. I am not sure the brace makes much or any difference in street driving....

Malc
15387262966_7635c1da34.jpggt500_sigMontage by malc350, on Flickr

2007 Shelby GT500 with:

JLT 123mm intake, Metco 2.6" pulley, TR6 plugs, Brenspeed tune. 2008+ crank damper/pulley.
JLT Oil Separators.
FRPP 2011/2012 struts/shocks/springs.
Whiteline Watts Link.
Toyo Proxes: F/R: 255/40/18, 285/40/18
Blow By Racing billet LCAs, BMR LCA relocation brackets.
2012 Boss 302 brake lines.
Hurst shift bar and Shelby GT500 black/tungsten shift ball.

#36 OFFLINE   Roush GR40

Roush GR40

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 407 posts
  • Joined 20-February 08
  • Region:South Atlantic

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:53 AM

I have fitted these springs on my 20007 GT500. I have to say they are excellent when paired up with shocks and struts that Ford recommend.

I thought the ride was a little rough over bad roads but ironically, last week was the first time I had been in a GT500 with completely stock suspension and on the same local roads the ride on that car was definitely harsher....

Surprising perhaps that Ford recommend these over a large range of model years as mine has the heavy iron block compared to the later aluminium block cars.

Regarding bump steer, well I fitted the Shelby bump steer kit and it is the only thing that has given me any grief (I posted here about this) and this is because it is a Heim joint type which can get some surface corrosion and get noisy if it gets wet.

I did this for the sake of it but I am wondering whether to put the stock tie rods on and see if I get bothered by bump steer. Maybe not as these springs do not lower the car much.

Panhard bar: well I can't remember the measurements but my axle was quite noticeably displaced to one side by lowering when the stock panhard was retained.

I chose the BMR adjustable one for 2 reasons:

1) the adjustment is easy to get to when installed on the car. the Steeda one for example didn't look that easily adjustable in situ.
2) The BMR one is the one on Shelby's site.

I also installed a matching panhard brace because I chose to believe the sales talk about how much sturdier it is than the factory one but I really did it just to match the panhard bar. I am not sure the brace makes much or any difference in street driving....

Malc

Thanks Malc.  Do you have any before and after photos that you can post?

#37 OFFLINE   UKGT500

UKGT500

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 16-December 13
  • Region:Other
  • Interests:Muscle cars, photography, travelling

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:39 AM

Hi, I don't have really useable before shots as, when I bought my car it has Eibach Pro springs but everything else was stock. So with this mismatched combination it drove like a total pig.

What I have now is a Ford factory setup: i.e. 2012 GT500 Performance Package. It is a very nice combination that IO am well happy with: http://www.latemodel...g-Kit-M-18000-G (the 2custmer's pic" is mine that I uploaded to their site!)

Don't know if you've done LCAs but they are an absolute must and I drove mine with stock LCAs with the Ford Racing kit and then with billet LCAs and the handling is MUCH more precise now.

Anyway here's a pic with Eibach Pro springs only:

12236178943_049c54531d_b.jpg
DSC00237 by malc350, on Flickr

And here's a rear pic with Ford M-5300L and OEM 2012 GT500 performance dampers which is the same setup as in my signature pic:

12236635224_36d693006e_b.jpg
IMG_0425 by malc350, on Flickr

Malc
15387262966_7635c1da34.jpggt500_sigMontage by malc350, on Flickr

2007 Shelby GT500 with:

JLT 123mm intake, Metco 2.6" pulley, TR6 plugs, Brenspeed tune. 2008+ crank damper/pulley.
JLT Oil Separators.
FRPP 2011/2012 struts/shocks/springs.
Whiteline Watts Link.
Toyo Proxes: F/R: 255/40/18, 285/40/18
Blow By Racing billet LCAs, BMR LCA relocation brackets.
2012 Boss 302 brake lines.
Hurst shift bar and Shelby GT500 black/tungsten shift ball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users