#31 OFFLINE   Helix

Helix

Lincoln Cobra

• Great Lakes Region
  • 892 posts
  • Joined 27-July 11
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:33 AM

Sadly, the one thing your neglecting is what Keith is explaining. When it comes to the American engineering, this is where the innovation comes in. Technology can be awesome, but remember that, for instance, there's very little performance difference from an Alienware laptop and an Asus laptop. Basically, our technology in cars is not light years ahead of anyone, maybe it looks different or functions different, but that isn't something America has up on the competition. You choose what kind of tech mods you want, and if a ZR1 doesn't have it, and a Viper does, then the choice is clear to you.

There's just no reason to hold a car's standards by how much better the technology is when everyone is sticking the same stuff in really. Just matters what the car is for, and within the engineering aspect of that is why the ZR1 and the Viper are so amazing.

347tjwk.jpgzuscip.jpg

2003 Mustang
1987 Lincoln Mark VII LSC

#32 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:27 AM

Sadly, the one thing your neglecting is what Keith is explaining. When it comes to the American engineering, this is where the innovation comes in. Technology can be awesome, but remember that, for instance, there's very little performance difference from an Alienware laptop and an Asus laptop. Basically, our technology in cars is not light years ahead of anyone, maybe it looks different or functions different, but that isn't something America has up on the competition. You choose what kind of tech mods you want, and if a ZR1 doesn't have it, and a Viper does, then the choice is clear to you.

There's just no reason to hold a car's standards by how much better the technology is when everyone is sticking the same stuff in really. Just matters what the car is for, and within the engineering aspect of that is why the ZR1 and the Viper are so amazing.

Yes I understand that and agree with you. But my original point with all of this and then we should get back on track to mustangs is that mostly American cars have been known for compromising me. Thats why I used the ZR1 and viper as examples. Yes the viper tech is nothing new and its not worlds ahead of anything else out there. But its the first american car built without compromising on major things like interior quality. Or sometimes its the opposite like the S5 audi where the interior is great but it has a 350hp engine. Though thats not an American example but whatever.

Both the zr1 and viper are awesome cars if I could afford them I'd have either one. My argument was soley looking at it objectively in terms of what each offers for dollar value. The zr1 is an amazing bang for buck because to get that power you need to pay 200k anywhere else. But then the interior is lacking and some comforts are lacking. Thats why I am saying the viper is an even better bang for buck because its good everywhere and even cheaper than a ZR1. Though lets not forget with the c7 coming out soon I see that changing very quickly. I'm sure the new corvette will be on the same level.
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
Front splitter curb alert system
Super snake carbon fiber splitter
APR Performance carbon fiber mirror assembly
JLT CF resonator delete w/blue airaid Filter
Shelby transmission cooler scoope
BMR UCA with Mount, BMR adjustable panhard bar
Bob's billet LCA and bob's oil separator
FRPP springs
HRE p40 w/Michelin Super sport tires

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#33 OFFLINE   svtkeith

svtkeith

svtkeith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,628 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:48 AM

Don't even try to talk sense in this morons head...I've owned and drove more cars than he will ever dream of but in his warped head he knows all

don't forget this is the same guy that bad mouthed the 013 GT500 and went and bought one...oh then had to come on here and ask people how to shift

it!!..but he knows what all cars can do which ones are cruisers and performance cars...an American car has been beating most of the ultra expensive

Euro and Jap cars for the last 5 years and there's no dought in my mind so will the new Viper but for this yoyo to say it's a better cruiser more tech than the

ZR1 before it even hit the streets to the public..I need not say more..as a matter of fact the 013 GT500 that he so knocks will beat lots of those ultra expensive

cars also in the Texas mile.
2010 Red ZR1 Corvette

1966 AC Cobra Replica

#34 OFFLINE   WJinLV

WJinLV

WJ in Vegas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12
  • Region:Mountain
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

Don't even try to talk sense in this morons head...I've owned and drove more cars than he will ever dream of but in his warped head he knows all

don't forget this is the same guy that bad mouthed the 013 GT500 and went and bought one...oh then had to come on here and ask people how to shift

it!!..but he knows what all cars can do which ones are cruisers and performance cars...an American car has been beating most of the ultra expensive

Euro and Jap cars for the last 5 years and there's no dought in my mind so will the new Viper but for this yoyo to say it's a better cruiser more tech than the

ZR1 before it even hit the streets to the public..I need not say more..as a matter of fact the 013 GT500 that he so knocks will beat lots of those ultra expensive

+1 Keith. I dont think I had any smarts either at 19 yrs old.
2013 Shelby GT500. Performance White Sonic Blue Stripes. Airaid SynthaMax filter. JLT dual oil separators. FRPP resonator delete. Redline hood struts. Michelin PSS, 275/40/19, 285/35/20. Smoked markers. Shelby shifter. Jaeger brothers stone guards. GT350 style rear window covers. Lloyd's mats.

#35 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

+1 Keith. I dont think I had any smarts either at 19 yrs old.

I wish I was 19 and had this car number 1
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#36 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

OK well I tried to get this back on topic but I can't stay quiet with this bs your saying.

I find it EXTREMELY ironic you are calling me a moron or stupid or ANYTHING, and then touting how you know way more about all these american cars because you're older than me. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE ZR1 HAS ON IT. Titanium exhaust? Full body carbon fiber? Please go look on chevy and read the specs of the car.

As far as knowing about the viper before it hits the streets http://www.drivesrt.com/srt-viper/ HERE YA GO!!!!!! All the info you could want on it. Lots of detail too. The internet is a wonderful tool.

Sorry I had to ask about shifting a high hp car its my first manual, I grew up in the 21st century where manuals comprise maybe 5% of cars on the road now. I wasn't born in the 60s. Yea I said crap about the gt500 because I'm not a FANBOY. Its a great car and is the best bang for buck that I could afford. Doesn't mean there are things that could be made easily better by Ford. Believe me if I made more I wouldn't be driving it.

And if you want to talk about just an American car beating out Euro and Jap cars, well I could easily slap a twin turbo on a GT and beat pretty much everything. Does that make it better? NO.

I don't know where you think I am being a know it all. Are you blind? Its so simple, look at a viper interior, and then look at a ZR1 interior. Can you not see the difference? Look at a ZR1 spec sheet and look at a viper spec sheet. Can you not see the similiarties in 0-60 and 1/4 mile? Look at nurburgring ring times for the older versions of both. Pretty close. It's not being a know it all, its just LOOKING and SEEING and using your god damn brain to put 2 AND 2 together.

When you resort to personal attacks its because you can't back up what your saying with facts. I am literally just spewing facts a 5 minute google search can come up with. I suggest you try and do the same. And now I am done with this debate its time to move on.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Mods undecided about:

#37 OFFLINE   svtkeith

svtkeith

svtkeith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,628 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

OK well I tried to get this back on topic but I can't stay quiet with this bs your saying.

I find it EXTREMELY ironic you are calling me a moron or stupid or ANYTHING, and then touting how you know way more about all these american cars because you're older than me. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE ZR1 HAS ON IT. Titanium exhaust? Full body carbon fiber? Please go look on chevy and read the specs of the car.

As far as knowing about the viper before it hits the streets http://www.drivesrt.com/srt-viper/ HERE YA GO!!!!!! All the info you could want on it. Lots of detail too. The internet is a wonderful tool.

Sorry I had to ask about shifting a high hp car its my first manual, I grew up in the 21st century where manuals comprise maybe 5% of cars on the road now. I wasn't born in the 60s. Yea I said crap about the gt500 because I'm not a FANBOY. Its a great car and is the best bang for buck that I could afford. Doesn't mean there are things that could be made easily better by Ford. Believe me if I made more I wouldn't be driving it.

And if you want to talk about just an American car beating out Euro and Jap cars, well I could easily slap a twin turbo on a GT and beat pretty much everything. Does that make it better? NO.

I don't know where you think I am being a know it all. Are you blind? Its so simple, look at a viper interior, and then look at a ZR1 interior. Can you not see the difference? Look at a ZR1 spec sheet and look at a viper spec sheet. Can you not see the similiarties in 0-60 and 1/4 mile? Look at nurburgring ring times for the older versions of both. Pretty close. It's not being a know it all, its just LOOKING and SEEING and using your god damn brain to put 2 AND 2 together.

When you resort to personal attacks its because you can't back up what your saying with facts. I am literally just spewing facts a 5 minute google search can come up with. I suggest you try and do the same. And now I am done with this debate its time to move on.

LOL...your one piece of work...do you really believe everything you google ?...remember BS in BS out and as far as spec sheets go they mean

dick all...it's good ole experience and hands on with cars that count not spec sheets...but thats what a know it all young punk like you goes by..

enough said about this subject..go read your spec sheets and I'll go drive the real thing..oh and go enjoy the beautiful American car you own

now and come back and tell us true events that you experienced with it and not something you googled.

Edited by svtkeith, 05 September 2012 - 07:59 AM.

2010 Red ZR1 Corvette

1966 AC Cobra Replica

#38 OFFLINE   NMAv

NMAv

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,006 posts
  • Joined 10-January 11
  • Interests:hockey, family, weight lifting, cars

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

Can you both please drop it and get back to the topic at hand. I realy don't care who is right, who knows more etc. You both are looking foolish for continuing the conversation.

~ NMAv

2011 highly modified Shelby GT500 with SVTPP (Kona Blue)

#39 OFFLINE   WJinLV

WJinLV

WJ in Vegas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

I wish I was 19 and had this car number 1

Me too. A 76 Toyota Corolla with rusted through doors panels was my first set of wheels. Bought it for $1500 which I save working all summer as a busboy at Denny's.
2013 Shelby GT500. Performance White Sonic Blue Stripes. Airaid SynthaMax filter. JLT dual oil separators. FRPP resonator delete. Redline hood struts. Michelin PSS, 275/40/19, 285/35/20. Smoked markers. Shelby shifter. Jaeger brothers stone guards. GT350 style rear window covers. Lloyd's mats.

#40 OFFLINE   svtkeith

svtkeith

svtkeith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,628 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

Can you both please drop it and get back to the topic at hand. I realy don't care who is right, who knows more etc. You both are looking foolish for continuing the conversation.

It is thats why I said enough said about this subject... :salute:
2010 Red ZR1 Corvette

1966 AC Cobra Replica

#41 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

It is thats why I said enough said about this subject... :salute:

Its easy for you to say that because your creating parts about the car that don't exist lol. Your right though the spec sheet is a lie. There really is a titanium exhaust on the zr1 and the whole thing is carbon fiber excuse me for being wrong. Anyways done moving on now.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Mods undecided about:

#42 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

Me too. A 76 Toyota Corolla with rusted through doors panels was my first set of wheels. Bought it for $1500 which I save working all summer as a busboy at Denny's.

Hmmm my first car wasn't THAT ghetto. Got my sister's 2003 hand me down civic with like 104k miles for first car. That lasted all of a year though. Besides I hate the whole oh we have to drive crap before we drive something good mentality. I don't think there is anything wrong with someone starting off with a ferrari for the first car as long as they appreciate it and understand how fortuante they are and take care of it then whats the problem?

But to get back on topic. If the 2015 shares the same body maybe if they include myford touch it would be worth it for us guys to change out our navs or radios (if you don't have nav) to the my ford touch. That thing looks bad ass I wish they included it in the 13s to begin with I don't know why they didn't.

Edited by svt13, 05 September 2012 - 09:19 AM.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Mods undecided about:

#43 OFFLINE   Helix

Helix

Lincoln Cobra

• Great Lakes Region
  • 892 posts
  • Joined 27-July 11
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

I would almost say my generation is 50/50 about their opinion on the 2013 Mustang. Most anyone of my friends or people I meet would know that mustangs are muscle cars and are respectable, and would not mind having one. A lot of people are now writing about appealing to the next generation, but I'm on the fence if that is the issue.

347tjwk.jpgzuscip.jpg

2003 Mustang
1987 Lincoln Mark VII LSC

#44 OFFLINE   tedj

tedj

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Northwest Region
  • 243 posts
  • Joined 15-January 10
  • Region:Pacific Northwest
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

I got ya, how about a '72 Gremlin

#45 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,757 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07
  • Interests:Shelby GT's (what else), Guitar, Camping in my RV, auto racing, autocross, car shows

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:31 AM

Regarding this topic....

http://www.stangtv.c...to-generation-y

2007 Shelby GT CSM# 07SGT1917 - the "Garage Queen"

Performance White, Hurst 5-Speed, Premium Package

Shelby 4.6L Racing Valve Covers ,Shelby Turbo Mufflers, Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit, "S" snake faux gas cap, Carroll Shelby autographed dash, Improved Shelby GT hood scoop replaced by Tasca Mod Shop, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket, Baer GT Rotors, Hawk HP Plus Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Hi Temp Brake Fluid, J&M Street/Race Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms, J&M Double Adjustable Panhard Rod (Street/Race) ...

2013 Mustang GT Premium - the "Daily Driver"

Black / Black & Glass Roof, 6-Speed SelectShift, Sync, NAV, Interior Upgrade.....

#46 OFFLINE   svtkeith

svtkeith

svtkeith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,628 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

Yep you win..... :hysterical:
2010 Red ZR1 Corvette

1966 AC Cobra Replica

#47 OFFLINE   ingram4868

ingram4868

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,363 posts
  • Joined 05-September 05
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Love of God, Family and Great Cars

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:57 AM

They looked like a pregnant guppy. :barf:
David Ingram
Sparks, NV.
Newest addition 1100 mile 2007 GT500

#48 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,289 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09
  • Interests:God, Family, Cars, Football...

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:21 AM

:lurk:

SVT13 in another argumentative thread. As the famous Gomer Pyle said, "Surprise, surprise, surprise..." :hysterical2:

Bet if you were standing in front of Kieth you wouldn't call him names...

2009 GT500 "Stickers"
#1534 of 3004 coupes; #378 of 651 Performance White w/ Vista Blue stripes

Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2010 "Clean & Correct"
Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2012 "Track History"

47,000 miles.... It isn't a FLOWER!

Shelby Alcoa 20" rims w/ Nitto Invo's 255/35ZR front, 295/35ZR rear, Shelby LCA Relocation brackets; Shelby Short Throw Shifter, FRPP Cold-Air intake; FRPP Strut Tower Brace; JDM Engineering Tune; L&M Plenum (port matched blower); KR Exhaust; SPEC Super Twin S-Trim Clutch; AM Sequential taillights; CDC Hood Struts; Shelby Kicker Premium upgrade; Shelby GT500 Door sill; Lloyds GT500 floor mats, Visor and Dash plaque signed by Mr Shelby; Shelby 50th fender stripe... And decals GALORE!

TiltedKilt22014_zps2096ca67.jpg

2004 Jeep Rubicon Jeep wrote the book on 4X4
1931 Model A Pickup Original resotration

#49 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,289 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:21 AM

Back on topic... I'm glad I have an '09.

Await the 2015 with great interest.

Edited by jerseygator, 06 September 2012 - 04:23 AM.

2009 GT500 "Stickers"

Shelby Alcoa 20" rims w/ Nitto Invo's 255/35ZR front, 295/35ZR rear, Shelby LCA Relocation brackets; Shelby Short Throw Shifter, FRPP Cold-Air intake; FRPP Strut Tower Brace; JDM Engineering Tune; L&M Plenum (port matched blower); KR Exhaust; SPEC Super Twin S-Trim Clutch; AM Sequential taillights; CDC Hood Struts; Shelby Kicker Premium upgrade; Shelby GT500 Door sill; Lloyds GT500 floor mats, Visor and Dash plaque signed by Mr Shelby; Shelby 50th fender stripe... And decals GALORE!

#50 OFFLINE   MY500SS

MY500SS

Team Shelby Addict

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 22,954 posts
  • Joined 15-April 07

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

SVT13 in another argumentative thread. As the famous Gomer Pyle said, "Surprise, surprise, surprise..." :hysterical2:

I know I wouldn't......................if I could find him :hysterical2:
Honored to have participated in the 2012 Shelby Run Europe.
2500 miles, 10 days, 8 countries.

Proud member of Team 40th - 07XL0273

2007 GT500SS CSM 07SS0134.
2007 GT50040th CSM 07XL0273.
1965 Mustang Coupe K Code.
1964 289 FIA Cobra CSX 7076.
1963 L76 Corvette.

Posted Image

#51 OFFLINE   MY500SS

MY500SS

Team Shelby Addict

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 22,954 posts
  • Joined 15-April 07

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

+1

I'm very happy with the 07's and I think the 2015's will have a big market. Looking forward to seeing what Ford puts on the ground.
Honored to have participated in the 2012 Shelby Run Europe.
2500 miles, 10 days, 8 countries.

Proud member of Team 40th - 07XL0273

2007 GT500SS CSM 07SS0134.
2007 GT50040th CSM 07XL0273.
1965 Mustang Coupe K Code.
1964 289 FIA Cobra CSX 7076.
1963 L76 Corvette.

Posted Image

#52 OFFLINE   07gt500conv

07gt500conv

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,527 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12
  • Region:South Atlantic

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

:hysterical3:

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2:

I hope we dont have that problem in Asheville... :hysterical2:

But you and Keith are not coming so I guess we will be ok. :hysterical:

Jim Dombrowski
Apopka Florida

2007 Shelby GT500 Convertible
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

10498228_324866954335425_979194167024473

#53 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

Oh cut me some slack I didn't even start it this time at least.

And I actually kept it civil and didn't call him any names besides fanboy. Though whether I was with him in person or not I'd still say the same thing. But as you said back on topic.

Anyone think the IRS will be able to be retrofited to our cars?

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Mods undecided about:

#54 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,289 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:17 AM

Oh cut me some slack I didn't even start it this time at least.

And I actually kept it civil and didn't call him any names besides fanboy. Though whether I was with him in person or not I'd still say the same thing. But as you said back on topic.

Anyone think the IRS will be able to be retrofited to our cars?

:petting:

I don't know. I just call 'em the way I see 'em. You do seem to be the common denominator. :shrug:

Edited by jerseygator, 06 September 2012 - 06:22 AM.

2009 GT500 "Stickers"

#55 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,289 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:19 AM

:hysterical2:

Thanks Dan! :rant: I just got coffee up my nose! :hysterical2:

2009 GT500 "Stickers"

#56 OFFLINE   svtkeith

svtkeith

svtkeith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,628 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

:hysterical2:
2010 Red ZR1 Corvette

1966 AC Cobra Replica

#57 OFFLINE   svtkeith

svtkeith

svtkeith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,628 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

+1

I'm very happy with the 07's and I think the 2015's will have a big market. Looking forward to seeing what Ford puts on the ground.

+1

I think it's going to make both your 07's and 09's that much more desirable but like you say it's going to be interesting to see whats up for 015.
2010 Red ZR1 Corvette

1966 AC Cobra Replica

#58 OFFLINE   EL SHELBY

EL SHELBY

EL SHELBY

• Southern Plains Region
  • 3,229 posts
  • Joined 15-March 09
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

Regarding this topic....

http://www.stangtv.c...to-generation-y

That's actually a well writen assessment of the gap between Gen Y and those marketing to them concerning any automotive product (not just Ford) though I feel it's a little short sighted in one aspect, and that's with the Gen Y lack of a need for a car. The writers examples can only be attributed to that portion of the Population in and around large cities with a well executed transportation system. That basically narrows it down to the North East and pockets of the West Coast and North West. I don't know many major cities in between the two coast that catter well to those living within city center.

I do agree that the car which was a symbol of freedom and self expression since it was made readily available to the masses with the Model T has been relegated by many as nothing more than a necessity for transportation. That a since of freedom and the need for self expression is now played out on the internet and not Main Street. It will be interesting to see how te automotive market will change as Gen X ages. It may take my Daughters' generation to swing the pendulum back the other direction.
08SGT0343 Fueled with CS branded pixie dust ground from the asphault of the Mausaon Straight and defeated Ferrari's.
Posted Image

#59 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,757 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07
  • Interests:Shelby GT's (what else), Guitar, Camping in my RV, auto racing, autocross, car shows

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

That's actually a well writen assessment of the gap between Gen Y and those marketing to them concerning any automotive product (not just Ford) though I feel it's a little short sighted in one aspect, and that's with the Gen Y lack of a need for a car. The writers examples can only be attributed to that portion of the Population in and around large cities with a well executed transportation system. That basically narrows it down to the North East and pockets of the West Coast and North West. I don't know many major cities in between the two coast that catter well to those living within city center.

I do agree that the car which was a symbol of freedom and self expression since it was made readily available to the masses with the Model T has been relegated by many as nothing more than a necessity for transportation. That a since of freedom and the need for self expression is now played out on the internet and not Main Street. It will be interesting to see how te automotive market will change as Gen X ages. It may take my Daughters' generation to swing the pendulum back the other direction.

I completely agree; I think the author's perception is probably skewed due to his personal lifestyle / friends being in or near large cities. People in those environments tend to forget that there is a nice, open world outside those areas...and a need for cool cars!

2007 Shelby GT CSM# 07SGT1917 - the "Garage Queen"

Performance White, Hurst 5-Speed, Premium Package

Shelby 4.6L Racing Valve Covers ,Shelby Turbo Mufflers, Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit, "S" snake faux gas cap, Carroll Shelby autographed dash, Improved Shelby GT hood scoop replaced by Tasca Mod Shop, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket, Baer GT Rotors, Hawk HP Plus Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Hi Temp Brake Fluid, J&M Street/Race Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms, J&M Double Adjustable Panhard Rod (Street/Race) ...

2013 Mustang GT Premium - the "Daily Driver"

Black / Black & Glass Roof, 6-Speed SelectShift, Sync, NAV, Interior Upgrade.....

#60 OFFLINE   speedrx

speedrx

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 267 posts
  • Joined 22-August 12
  • Region:Other

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

I think it's going to make both your 07's and 09's that much more desirable but like you say it's going to be interesting to see whats up for 015.

I think I missed something in the conversation, what is going to make the '07's and '09's much more desirable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users