58 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Admin
  • 5,066 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

How many KR owners have the 20s???

Jer
Shelby American
Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts
JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner. No longer eligible for judging.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
Biggest UPDATE of ALL: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012.

#32 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 478 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

Jer

Good question. I have only seen about 12 to 16 KRs in person and I remember 4 having 20's.

So I guess the question is how many could be sold to make it worth your time. A guess, 50 sets could be sold.

If your interested let Jer know here.
http://www.teamshelb...-alcoa-kr-caps/

Edited by sheppd01, 05 October 2012 - 05:25 PM.

IT'S TOUGH BEING THE KING

#33 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Admin
  • 5,066 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Good question. I have only seen about 12 to 16 KRs in person and I remember 4 having 20's.

So I guess the question is how many could be sold to make it worth your time. A guess, 50 sets could be sold.

If your interested let Jer know here.
http://www.teamshelb...-alcoa-kr-caps/

I don't care. I'll make one set, 50 sets, whatever. This is just to do something nice for the KR owners. I've got the parts, I'll make them as you all need 'em.

Jer

Attached File  KR Caps.jpg   58.73KB   23 downloads

Edited by Jer, 05 October 2012 - 06:31 PM.

Shelby American
JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Lift #15

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
Biggest UPDATE of ALL: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012.

#34 OFFLINE   KR_Mac

KR_Mac

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 07-July 09
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

I don't care. I'll make one set, 50 sets, whatever. This is just to do something nice for the KR owners. I've got the parts, I'll make them as you all need 'em.

Jer

Wow liking the enthusiasm ... if only we could get 20"?

#35 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Admin
  • 5,066 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

Wow liking the enthusiasm ... if only we could get 20"?

Not NEARLY enough demand, unfortunately. I would LOVED to have done it for you guys.
Grab the "Fifty Years" wheel and pop in this KR cap, it's the closest thing.

Jer
Shelby American
JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Lift #15

#36 OFFLINE   kannady

kannady

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 02-February 08

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Jer

Jer,

Are these ready to be ordered now for the 20" Alcoas? Price?

#37 OFFLINE   frank bullitt

frank bullitt

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Hockey, Health, Mustangs

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

I think Jer mentioned mid week.

Frank Bullitt

09KR0096 Finished in Torch Red - Shaker 1000, Shelby Registry Vehicle Authenticity Certificate, Signed Airbag Cover with Picture of Signing, Sequential Tail Lights, Shelby GT500KR Script Floor Mats, Shelby GT500KR Sill Plates, Shelby GT500KR Fuse Box Cover, Shelby GT500KR Master Cylinder Cap, Shelby GT500KR Shift Knob - Red w/ Silver Stripes, Shelby GT500KR Alcoa Center Caps, 50th Anniversary 20' Alcoa Wheels / 275 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires.

Carroll.pngShelbyBuild2_zps670805ab.png

fallkr_zps4ca49419.jpg

#38 OFFLINE   shelbypt

shelbypt

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 692 posts
  • Joined 05-October 08
  • Region:Decline

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:51 AM

Jer

I have the 20" wheels. I would also buy four 20" Alcoas that had the Shelby GT500KR on them. It's already been done :-)
[color="#4169e1"]2008 Shelby GT500KR CSM #08KR0301 Silver Metallic with Blue stripes and Navigation.
A Virtuous Man is a Man of Moderation, and has a KR.

Posted Image

#39 OFFLINE   YZD263

YZD263

Team Shelby Member

• Team Shelby Club Member
  • 1,906 posts
  • Joined 25-February 07
  • Interests:Cars, Pro Football, F1 Racing

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:28 AM

I will definitely buy the KR caps for my Alcoa 20s once they're available for order. Thanks Jer! You're doing a fantastic job!
2009 Shelby GT500 KR
Vista Blue, Silver Stripes

Purchased 10-21-11

CSM 09KR0628

#40 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Admin
  • 5,066 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

I have the 20" wheels. I would also buy four 20" Alcoas that had the Shelby GT500KR on them. It's already been done :-)

You have 20" GT500KR wheels? Post a picture, would you? Thanks!

Jer
Shelby American
JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Lift #15

#41 OFFLINE   08KR525

08KR525

08KR525

• Great Lakes Region
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Family, Performance vehicles, antiques.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

Jer. I think what he means is he has put the regular Alcoas on his KR to look more like the prototype show cars.
" My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people; those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition." - Indira Ghandi.

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

#42 OFFLINE   08KR525

08KR525

08KR525

• Great Lakes Region
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

Jer, do you have the link yet to order the 20" KR caps?
" My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people; those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition." - Indira Ghandi.

#43 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Admin
  • 5,066 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

Jer, do you have the link yet to order the 20" KR caps?

Should be tomorrow (It requires a call to Wendy C here, and she's out today, so a link will do no good)...

Jer
Shelby American
JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Lift #15

#44 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 478 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

Duplicate

Edited by sheppd01, 09 October 2012 - 08:46 AM.

#45 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Mountain Region
  • 7,001 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

Jer

Posted Image

Posted Image
2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Subframe K-member - Tubular Front A-arms - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - KR Style Front Brake Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets - Shelby/BMR Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar tires~

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Baer Extreme Rear Brakes; Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails, Shelby Alcoa 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake style wheels; NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box, Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock, Raptor shift light, ZEX N2O kit, Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

#46 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Admin
  • 5,066 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

Posted Image

Why is the "GT500KR" stamped upside down (and a little crooked)? Was this an aftermarket modification to a regular Alcoa?

Jer
Shelby American
JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Lift #15

#47 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 478 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Why is the "GT500KR" stamped upside down (and a little crooked)? Was this an aftermarket modification to a regular Alcoa?

Jer

Good eye.... It is upside down. :hysterical3:
Here is a real one.
Posted Image

Edited by sheppd01, 09 October 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#48 OFFLINE   08KR525

08KR525

08KR525

• Great Lakes Region
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Oh hell. If guy that bought the ones on Ebay finds out that there not legit he's gonna be pissed. :ohsnap:

#49 OFFLINE   shelbypt

shelbypt

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 692 posts
  • Joined 05-October 08

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Jer

No, I have the regular 20" Alcoas. I was saying that I would buy a set that had GT500KR on them right now!!
[color="#4169e1"]2008 Shelby GT500KR CSM #08KR0301 Silver Metallic with Blue stripes and Navigation.
A Virtuous Man is a Man of Moderation, and has a KR.

Posted Image

#50 OFFLINE   dvups1

dvups1

Team Shelby New Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 22-March 10
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Texas Holdem Poker, Family, Local car shows, Saltwater Aquariums

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Good eye.... It is upside down. :hysterical3:
Here is a real one.
Posted Image

I don't think it is wrong at all. Look at your 18" KR wheel. It has "alcoa" and "forged" one way and "shelby" "gt500kr" the other way.

Edited by dvups1, 09 October 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#51 OFFLINE   08KR525

08KR525

08KR525

• Great Lakes Region
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

Dvups1 the wheels that are incorrect are the ones that Kona just posted pics of. I've seen the ones both on the silver and the blue prototype KRs and they are engraved opposite the way the ones on EBay were.

#52 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Admin
  • 5,066 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

I don't think it is wrong at all. Look at your 18" KR wheel. It has "alcoa" and "forged" one way and "shelby" "gt500kr" the other way.

It's wrong if it's supposed to be a 20" GT500KR wheel. The 18" is different. If this is REALLY genuine, it'd be like the silver prototype car shown above. The car in our museum has them. The lettering is crooked too, so I'm thinking it may be a Photoshopped image.

Jer
Shelby American
JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Lift #15

#53 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Admin
  • 5,066 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

No, I have the regular 20" Alcoas. I was saying that I would buy a set that had GT500KR on them right now!!

Got it.

Jer
Shelby American
JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Lift #15

#54 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Admin
  • 5,066 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

Jer,

Are these ready to be ordered now for the 20" Alcoas? Price?

http://www.teamshelb...0-alcoa-wheels/

Jer
Shelby American
JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Lift #15

#55 OFFLINE   frank bullitt

frank bullitt

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09
  • Interests:Hockey, Health, Mustangs

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

Huh? Kona bought fake GT500KR 20's?

Frank Bullitt

09KR0096 Finished in Torch Red - Shaker 1000, Shelby Registry Vehicle Authenticity Certificate, Signed Airbag Cover with Picture of Signing, Sequential Tail Lights, Shelby GT500KR Script Floor Mats, Shelby GT500KR Sill Plates, Shelby GT500KR Fuse Box Cover, Shelby GT500KR Master Cylinder Cap, Shelby GT500KR Shift Knob - Red w/ Silver Stripes, Shelby GT500KR Alcoa Center Caps, 50th Anniversary 20' Alcoa Wheels / 275 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires.

Carroll.pngShelbyBuild2_zps670805ab.png

fallkr_zps4ca49419.jpg

#56 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Mountain Region
  • 7,001 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

Huh? Kona bought fake GT500KR 20's?

Oh, HELL NO!

I cut/pasted the photos from the e-bay auction.

Phill
2010 GT500 Coupe

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Subframe K-member - Tubular Front A-arms - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - KR Style Front Brake Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets - Shelby/BMR Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar tires~

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Baer Extreme Rear Brakes; Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails, Shelby Alcoa 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake style wheels; NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box, Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock, Raptor shift light, ZEX N2O kit, Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

#57 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Mountain Region
  • 7,001 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

The lettering is crooked too, so I'm thinking it may be a Photoshopped image.

After you mentioned it, I looked closer at the pic and came to the same suspicion.

I hope someone didn't pay money for those wheels!

I noticed the auction came to a sudden halt because "they were no longer available".

Phill
2010 GT500 Coupe

#58 OFFLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,672 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

I'm not sure about the photoshop but it sure does look like the GT500KR was added/engraved at a later date.

What catches my attention more is that the these KR wheels have the exact same part number as the Shelby Forged wheels, AF1246 & AF1247. Makes no sense for Alcoa to use the same part number for wheels that have different engraving. How would Alcoa's warehouse workers & inventory system keep track of two different engraved wheels that have the same part number?

One other thing I noticed is that the ebay seller, along with his website, seems to deal in take-off & factory second parts. When you consider that the seller & Alcoa are both in Ohio its reasonable to suspect that he obtained the wheels from Alcoa or a partner of Alcoa.

Just some thoughts.

Steve

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@ShelbyAmerican.com

Posted Image

#59 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Mountain Region
  • 7,001 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

One other thing I noticed is that the ebay seller, along with his website, seems to deal in take-off & factory second parts. When you consider that the seller & Alcoa are both in Ohio its reasonable to suspect that he obtained the wheels from Alcoa or a partner of Alcoa.

I"m thinkin' he works or worked there and had a set made with the KR markings while they were getting the other markings done during one of the 20" production runs. It'd be REAL easy to do if you worked there.

Phill
2010 GT500 Coupe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users