#31 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

When you say "LOTS of Prep Work" What exactly do you mean? A Lot of Sanding? A Lot of Bondo Work?

The edges need to be blocked flat, flashing removed, surface sanding, alignment with the fenders, grille material epoxied in, etc. Not really Bondo stuff (maybe TINY bits).
This is a job for an experienced bodyshop tech with fiberglass experience.

Jer

Edited by Jer, 25 September 2012 - 03:27 PM.

2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#32 OFFLINE   WildAzCat

WildAzCat

F r a n k

• Mountain Region
  • 1,581 posts
  • Joined 05-September 08

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

I'm sorry, what's your engine configuration?

Thanks!

Jer

I have a intake cover and Steeda strut bar. The strut bar sits about 1/4" higher then the original Shelby strut bar that came with the SGT.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

I have a intake cover and Steeda strut bar. The strut bar sits about 1/4" higher then the original Shelby strut bar that came with the SGT.

Posted Image

Hmmm... unique situation. I really don't know!
Let me look into it for you.

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Lift #15

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#34 OFFLINE   WildAzCat

WildAzCat

F r a n k

• Mountain Region
  • 1,581 posts
  • Joined 05-September 08

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

Jer

Thanks Jer, I really appreciate your help.
Posted Image

#35 OFFLINE   H0050

H0050

H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 5,003 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Cars, wakeboarding, fishing & family
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Posted Image

I see why you are asking. By the way, engine bay looks nice
Harald #50

CSM 06H0050: Registered as a Shelby GT-H/SC
Black CS 69 w/ 255/45/18 & 285/40/18 BFG G-Force KDW
Lower Billet Grill
Air Bag Signed by Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan, Gary Davis, Gary Patterson & Cleo Shelby
40th Anniversary Signature Floor Mats w/ Gold Stripes
Shelby GT Plus & Eradispeed 14" brakes & S/S brake lines
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
SAI installed polished Paxton SC # 0066 w/ GT 500 fuel pump
GT-H/SC side stripes
Shelby gauges & gauge pod
424RWHP 367 Torque
KR rear end expansion tank
2009 Shelby Bash top 20 winner
2011 Bash In & Out cruise recognition plaque
Painted over the top stripes
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood
2014 Vegas Bash Show & Shine Class Winner

The race is run, the flag unfurled, the champion now will rest.
God speed, Carroll Shelby, we will never forget you.
CARROLL H SHELBY

Jan. 11, 1923 May 10, 2012

http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/030.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/035.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/037.jpg

#36 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

I see why you are asking. By the way, engine bay looks nice

I like the valve covers especially...

Jer

Lift #15

#37 OFFLINE   dave c

dave c

Shelby registrar

• Team Shelby Registrar
  • 1,450 posts
  • Joined 17-October 06

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

Now that I've just bought the hood.......please tell me that they come the screens.

I need another hood for this car like I need another hole in my head. LOL
[/img]Posted Image
Shelby GT/SC=(good times/special car)

#38 OFFLINE   WildAzCat

WildAzCat

F r a n k

• Mountain Region
  • 1,581 posts
  • Joined 05-September 08

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

Now that I've just bought the hood.......please tell me that they come the screens.

LOL
Posted Image

#39 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

Yes, they DO come with the screens.
They're somewhat primitive, but easy... your tech will epoxy them in place.

Jer

Lift #15

#40 OFFLINE   jwestercamp

jwestercamp

Team Shelby Member

• Northern Plains Region
  • 615 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09
  • Region:Mississippi Valley

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

Ordered my hood also excited, now i will have to make more room on the wall. I have a GT500 take-off signed by Mr. Shelby on the wall, my original SGT hood next to it, and now i will have the GTH hood crap i need to build a bigger garage, WildAzCat i am with ya i need another one like another hole in my head as well, but this is a once and done deal, super pumped :) Thanks JER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#41 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:16 AM

Ordered my hood also excited, now i will have to make more room on the wall. I have a GT500 take-off signed by Mr. Shelby on the wall, my original SGT hood next to it, and now i will have the GTH hood crap i need to build a bigger garage, WildAzCat i am with ya i need another one like another hole in my head as well, but this is a once and done deal, super pumped :) Thanks JER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome, Jon!!!!

Jer

Lift #15

#42 OFFLINE   DevonShelbyGT

DevonShelbyGT

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 05-September 12
  • Interests:going fast

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

my hood arrived today, but the lowering motor mounts were not in the packaging... were they shipped separate Jer?

Edited by DevonShelbyGT, 28 September 2012 - 11:39 AM.

2007 Shelby GT #07SGT5018 Kenne Bell 2.6L Built 3v 600rwhp 91*oct 14psi
Posted Image

#43 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

Yes.
I sent you a PM with the FedEx tracking number.
We don't tend to put big heavy stuff in the same box with a hood. Could be nasty consequences.

Thanks!

Jer

Edited by Jer, 28 September 2012 - 03:44 PM.

Lift #15

#44 OFFLINE   WildAzCat

WildAzCat

F r a n k

• Mountain Region
  • 1,581 posts
  • Joined 05-September 08

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

Jer

Any update if it will clear about 1/4" over the OEM strut bar? Finger crossed.
Posted Image

#45 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

Any update if it will clear about 1/4" over the OEM strut bar? Finger crossed.

Sorry for the wait, but I have not been able to really get an answer on this, and it will be very hard to accurately predict! Your brace is not something I've worked with, and the measurements are just too much of a guesstimate ("about 1/4") and incomplete (height comes into play, but so does shape, angle, etc...
The last thing I want is for you to get a hood shipped, prepped, and fit only to find it hits the brace. Let's prioritize: If the hood didn't fit, would you be willing to give up the brace?
If not, then we're going to have a hard time making a call on it with no car here to check it.

Wish I had a better response, but I won't risk putting you through the trouble just to make a sale.

Jer

Lift #15

#46 OFFLINE   WildAzCat

WildAzCat

F r a n k

• Mountain Region
  • 1,581 posts
  • Joined 05-September 08

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

I'm tempted to to just pull the Steeda bar and just do it.
Posted Image

#47 OFFLINE   H0050

H0050

H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 5,003 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

So confirming the stock FRPP strut brace does fit?
Harald #50

Lower Billet Grill
Air Bag Signed by Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan, Gary Davis, Gary Patterson & Cleo Shelby
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
GT-H/SC side stripes
424RWHP 367 Torque
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood

CARROLL H SHELBY

#48 OFFLINE   FordRocks1

FordRocks1

CSM#0405

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,103 posts
  • Joined 02-April 08

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

my hood arrived today, but the lowering motor mounts were not in the packaging... were they shipped separate Jer?

Any pics?

Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-Earl Nightingale

#49 OFFLINE   DevonShelbyGT

DevonShelbyGT

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 05-September 12

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Any pics?

IMG 0666

IMG 0667

*PLEASE NOTE: If youre running a BMR front tubular k member, the lowering motor mounts that are optional with the deep draw hood will not fit.

Edited by DevonShelbyGT, 01 October 2012 - 05:01 PM.

Posted Image

#50 OFFLINE   H0050

H0050

H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 5,003 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

Got my hood today. Better than expected.

Attached Files

Harald #50

Lower Billet Grill
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
GT-H/SC side stripes
424RWHP 367 Torque
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood

CARROLL H SHELBY

#51 OFFLINE   H0050

H0050

H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 5,003 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

Couple more

Attached Files

Edited by H0050, 01 October 2012 - 05:52 PM.

Harald #50

Lower Billet Grill
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
GT-H/SC side stripes
424RWHP 367 Torque
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood

CARROLL H SHELBY

#52 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

*PLEASE NOTE: If youre running a BMR front tubular k member, the lowering motor mounts that are optional with the deep draw hood will not fit.

Call me if this is the case, I'll help figure it out.

Jer

Lift #15

#53 OFFLINE   Halsey

Halsey

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 02-September 09
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Wanted this hood for years, ordered one tonight. FYI, the washer relocate kit is now out of stock.

#54 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

Wanted this hood for years, ordered one tonight. FYI, the washer relocate kit is now out of stock.

I'm on it.
Thanks!

Jer

Lift #15

#55 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

So confirming the stock FRPP strut brace does fit?

Sorry for the delay! Yes, it does.

Jer

Lift #15

#56 OFFLINE   DevonShelbyGT

DevonShelbyGT

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 05-September 12

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

IMG 0669

The hood is on and the top stripes removed. I was hoping to have some painted pics for you guys friday, but I have a race this weekend and have other parts to install.

Everything lines up nicely. aside from lowering the motor, we only needed to raise the rear of the hood a small amount to get everything looking right.

Ill have some nice painted pics up next week after she gets out the booth, cheers! :)
Posted Image

#57 OFFLINE   FordRocks1

FordRocks1

CSM#0405

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,103 posts
  • Joined 02-April 08

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

That looks GTREAT!!! ^^^

Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-Earl Nightingale

#58 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

The hood is on and the top stripes removed. I was hoping to have some painted pics for you guys friday, but I have a race this weekend and have other parts to install.

Everything lines up nicely. aside from lowering the motor, we only needed to raise the rear of the hood a small amount to get everything looking right.

Ill have some nice painted pics up next week after she gets out the booth, cheers! :)

EXCELLENT! Thanks for posting!

Jer

Lift #15

#59 OFFLINE   H0050

H0050

H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 5,003 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

Looks great. I see you are in CA, whos doing the work?
Harald #50

Lower Billet Grill
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
GT-H/SC side stripes
424RWHP 367 Torque
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood

CARROLL H SHELBY

#60 OFFLINE   H0050

H0050

H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 5,003 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

Any news on the painted hood & where in CA?
Harald #50

Lower Billet Grill
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
GT-H/SC side stripes
424RWHP 367 Torque
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood

CARROLL H SHELBY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users