Photo

Shelby GT and GT500 Brake Duct Kits Are Back In Stock at SPP!

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

http://www.shelbysto...s6mk-2004-b.htm
http://www.shelbysto.../s7m-2005-c.htm
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#2 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

What about 2013 Shelby's
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
Front splitter curb alert system
Super snake carbon fiber splitter
APR Performance carbon fiber mirror assembly
JLT CF resonator delete w/blue airaid Filter
Shelby transmission cooler scoope
BMR UCA with Mount, BMR adjustable panhard bar
Bob's billet LCA and bob's oil separator
FRPP springs
HRE p40 w/Michelin Super sport tires

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#3 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

Not yet.

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Lift #15

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#4 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,573 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Planes, cars, good times, good friends!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:43 AM

Jer,

Received the bezel/duct kit yesterday, (as well as the t-shirt, thank you very much!), and I've taken a quick look at the fitment. With the heat exchanger, it's definitely going to be a struggle, though I won't say impossible at this point. The Edelbrock exchanger runs the width of the lower grill, halfway covering the duct inlets on both sides. A heat exchanger that is narrower might be an early guess at a solution, but I don't know dimensions of alternate exchangers at the moment. Additionally, the inlet/outlet fittings and hoses will be a factor, as well as the driving lights themselves.

I'm not unhappy, I like trying to figure this sort of stuff out, but if you or anyone else there at SPP has some insight on this sort of thing, I'd love to hear it, likewise from other Team Shelby members!

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, did anyone consider a version of the bezels with the duct inlets and lights REVERSED, i.e., lights on the inside and ducts on the outside?

Sam
AKA:
Posted Image
My Trademark - Don't even think about using it!
In Memory Of Willy T

#5 OFFLINE   DrKSGT

DrKSGT

Area Director - Southeast Michigan

• Team Shelby State Director
  • 468 posts
  • Joined 17-August 07
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

Simple question! Will the hose pieces in the GT500 kit fit the Shelby GT Bezels I have? Always have assumed or think a thread reported the GT500 to be a larger diameter.

Shields in the GT500 kit should not be an issue as I have upgraded to GT500 Brakes.

To question of reversing the duct location with light location, the light brackets would have to become very large and space consuming to securely hold the lights. I do not recall any major metal piece not blocked by radiator pieces that could be used.

DrKSGT
White SGT 4454, Manual, IUP, Dark Charcol Interior Born Flatrock 4/19/07 Test Drive 8/13/07 Romeo Ford Mine 8/16/07,Dyno 12MY12 270 hp / 287 ft-lbs
Completed Mods: Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror w/ Compass, SPP Berg Faux Gas Cap, Shelby Billet Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms, MRT Sequential Tail Lights, Chrome Lower Grill, Final Hood Fix, SPP PIA Lower Driving Lights w/ Bezel kit, Shelby Billet Hood Pins, SPP Store Interior Upgrade Black with Silverleaf inserts, KR Trunk Liner, Silverhorse Louvered Side Windows and trunk release, FR500 Chrome Wheels (18x9 F,18x10 R) w/ SPP KR Tires, J&M SS Brake Hoses, GT500 Rotors & Brembo Calipers, SPP Shelby GT Engine Caps, SPP Elite Trunk Lift kit, SPP Shelby GT Dead Pedal, SPP Brake Reservoir Cover, SPP Fuse Box Cover, SPP Adjustable Upper Control Arm, SPP Relocation Brackets, SPP Billet Watts Link,
Mods to Come: Whipple 550 S/C, Clutch for the extra horsepower, TBD Jer induced SPP Sale items,

#6 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

Jer,

Received the bezel/duct kit yesterday, (as well as the t-shirt, thank you very much!), and I've taken a quick look at the fitment. With the heat exchanger, it's definitely going to be a struggle, though I won't say impossible at this point. The Edelbrock exchanger runs the width of the lower grill, halfway covering the duct inlets on both sides. A heat exchanger that is narrower might be an early guess at a solution, but I don't know dimensions of alternate exchangers at the moment. Additionally, the inlet/outlet fittings and hoses will be a factor, as well as the driving lights themselves.

I'm not unhappy, I like trying to figure this sort of stuff out, but if you or anyone else there at SPP has some insight on this sort of thing, I'd love to hear it, likewise from other Team Shelby members!

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, did anyone consider a version of the bezels with the duct inlets and lights REVERSED, i.e., lights on the inside and ducts on the outside?

Sam

The "trick" is that the tube coming off the back of the bezel is marked with cut lines so that it can be evenly cut short if needed. You only need to leave an inch or so, that way the hose can more easily take a turn around the HE plumbing.

I'm pretty sure swapping the lights and hoses' position would make things MUCH harder- hose bends easier than lights do... LOL

Jer

Lift #15

#7 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

Simple question! Will the hose pieces in the GT500 kit fit the Shelby GT Bezels I have? Always have assumed or think a thread reported the GT500 to be a larger diameter.

Shields in the GT500 kit should not be an issue as I have upgraded to GT500 Brakes.

The Shelby GT kit uses bigger hose, that's the right one to fit your bezels.
The GT500 bezels are smaller, so that kit uses small hose.

The backing plates are only different to match the hose sizes of each kit.

Jer

Lift #15

#8 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,573 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

The "trick" is that the tube coming off the back of the bezel is marked with cut lines so that it can be evenly cut short if needed. You only need to leave an inch or so, that way the hose can more easily take a turn around the HE plumbing.

I'm pretty sure swapping the lights and hoses' position would make things MUCH harder- hose bends easier than lights do... LOL

Jer

Well, the light thing was just a thought! LOL

Anyhow, I pulled the belly pan a minute ago and had a closer look - it's worse than I thought! The Edelbrock exchanger is a full 28 inches wide, 2 inches deep, and 6.5 inches tall, meaning it completely covers the lower grill AND both duct inlets! I don't know if cutting the duct inlet tubes down, (even to a nub!), will work - the duct tubing would need to be flattened to the point of choking-off the air flow.

Let me get some pics posted and I'll show you what I'm talking about.

Back in a few minutes!

Pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There - pretty tight clearances! The passenger side is the good side as you can see in the last picture!

Sam

Edited by 2007_Shelby_GT, 29 September 2012 - 08:25 AM.

AKA:
Posted Image
In Memory Of Willy T

#9 OFFLINE   Afdharley

Afdharley

Member #8048

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Joined 10-June 12

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

Looks like you're screwed :(

Don't you hate it when one mod causes you to have to buy another mod just to make the first mod work ;)
2011 GT500 Race Red. SVTPP. Elec Package/Nav<br />
Born on - 6-10-10<br />
Purchased new - 6-912<br />
<br />
Mods:<br />
Drake adjustable panhard bar - Aug 2012<br />
Drake panhard brace - Aug 2012<br />
Steeda LCA - Aug 2012<br />
BMR LCA relocation brackets - Aug 2012<br />
Steeda UCA - Aug 2012<br />
Tokico D-spec struts and shocks - Aug 2012<br />
Eibach pro lower springs - Aug 2012<br />
MM caster camber plates - Aug 2012<br />
Bobs hydrocarbon oil separator - Nov 2012

#10 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,573 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

Looks like you're screwed :(

Don't you hate it when one mod causes you to have to buy another mod just to make the first mod work ;)

Well, maybe, but it won't stop me from driving my Shelby! :hysterical:

If nothing else, everybody benefits from my work, good or bad! Since I had the lights and duct bezels installed before the supercharger, I had already modified the mounting of the heat exchanger to push it back closer to the radiator to get the clearances I have now. I might be able to get an additional 1/4-inch or more if I go with even longer bolts/spacers to push it back even further, but then I start running into issues with the power steering lines.

I'd say that my original assessment may be correct - anybody got specs on other heat exchangers?

Sam

Edited by 2007_Shelby_GT, 29 September 2012 - 08:48 AM.

AKA:
Posted Image
In Memory Of Willy T

#11 OFFLINE   DrKSGT

DrKSGT

• 468 posts
  • Joined 17-August 07

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:46 AM

The Shelby GT kit uses bigger hose, that's the right one to fit your bezels.
The GT500 bezels are smaller, so that kit uses small hose.

The backing plates are only different to match the hose sizes of each kit.

Jer

Guess then I have to buy the bezels for a second time to add the ducting portion. Have to put on my Christmas list and hope one of the kids spring for the kit.

Thanks Jer for the answer. Sure appeciate job you are doing to improve SPP.

DrKSGT
White SGT 4454, Manual, IUP, Dark Charcol Interior Born Flatrock 4/19/07 Test Drive 8/13/07 Romeo Ford Mine 8/16/07,Dyno 12MY12 270 hp / 287 ft-lbs
Completed Mods: Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror w/ Compass, SPP Berg Faux Gas Cap, Shelby Billet Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms, MRT Sequential Tail Lights, Chrome Lower Grill, Final Hood Fix, SPP PIA Lower Driving Lights w/ Bezel kit, Shelby Billet Hood Pins, SPP Store Interior Upgrade Black with Silverleaf inserts, KR Trunk Liner, Silverhorse Louvered Side Windows and trunk release, FR500 Chrome Wheels (18x9 F,18x10 R) w/ SPP KR Tires, J&M SS Brake Hoses, GT500 Rotors & Brembo Calipers, SPP Shelby GT Engine Caps, SPP Elite Trunk Lift kit, SPP Shelby GT Dead Pedal, SPP Brake Reservoir Cover, SPP Fuse Box Cover, SPP Adjustable Upper Control Arm, SPP Relocation Brackets, SPP Billet Watts Link,
Mods to Come: Whipple 550 S/C, Clutch for the extra horsepower, TBD Jer induced SPP Sale items,

#12 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,573 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

Probably something to do with manufacturing or whatever, but it makes me wonder why the heat exchanger has to be as big as it is, since the area of the lower grill is smaller in comparison:

Posted Image

When you overlay the two, theres quite a bit of real-estate that receives no incoming cooling air through the grill opening!

Maybe Edelbrock should have made the heat exchanger taller instead of wider - same amount of square inches and same amount exposed to incoming air!

Sam

Edited by 2007_Shelby_GT, 29 September 2012 - 09:11 AM.

AKA:
Posted Image
In Memory Of Willy T

#13 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,573 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

I'm thinking about this to much - I need to go drive around!

Sam
AKA:
Posted Image
In Memory Of Willy T

#14 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

I'm thinking about this to much - I need to go drive around!

Sam

HAHAHA!
Sam, thanks for the communication and sharing of pix...

Jer

Lift #15

#15 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

Guess then I have to buy the bezels for a second time to add the ducting portion. Have to put on my Christmas list and hope one of the kids spring for the kit.

Thanks Jer for the answer. Sure appeciate job you are doing to improve SPP.

DrKSGT

The Shelby GT kit comes with front bezels (the original style that also allow for the driving lights), ducting hose, rotor backing plates, clamps, zipties, and instructions. And it's priced VERY cheap, considering you'll have a spare set of very hard-to-find Shelby bezels left over.

Jer

Lift #15

#16 OFFLINE   DrKSGT

DrKSGT

• 468 posts
  • Joined 17-August 07

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

The Shelby GT kit comes with front bezels (the original style that also allow for the driving lights), ducting hose, rotor backing plates, clamps, zipties, and instructions. And it's priced VERY cheap, considering you'll have a spare set of very hard-to-find Shelby bezels left over.

Jer

Your statement is fair on price and I would have an extra set for unexpected case I crash the current set. Only issue is I need to get the adjustable panhard bar first. Measured 14 mm difference between Left and Right side after getting the Shelby Billet LCA's, relocation Brackets, and adjustable UCA parts installed.

Sale could swing my order of ordering parts to do all at once.

I am patient about my ordering.

DrKSGT

Edited by DrKSGT, 01 October 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,573 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

After driving around and pondering the brake duct - S/C heat exchanger fitment issue, I've decided to attack the problem from a couple of different angles.

1. I remember when I originally installed the heat exchanger, the bezels/lights were an issue. I trimmed some of the duct bezel AND installed 1" square steel tubing as a spacer at the mounting points on the heat exchanger. I plan on going back in and replacing the 1" square tubing with 2" and gain a little more space by pushing the heat exchanger closer to the radiator.

2. I'm researching duct-work/adapter that might give a tighter bend at the attachment point on the bezel - once you get outside (to the left or right) of the heat exchanger/radiator, there's plenty of room. I've seen some interesting 90-degree bends that involve rectangular and round ducting.

3. There seems to be several companies manufacturing radiators/heat exchangers that will more closely match the size of the actual opening of the lower grill. That is a more expensive, and last resort option, but I'm still looking!

4. If all else fails, I will lose the lights and use THAT part of the bezel to attach the brake duct to AND perhaps find some smaller diameter lights to fit the original duct bezels. LED lights are smaller overall and may work for that option.

Sam

Edited by 2007_Shelby_GT, 01 October 2012 - 04:43 AM.

AKA:
Posted Image
In Memory Of Willy T

#18 OFFLINE   AndyGJ

AndyGJ

SGT Owner

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,069 posts
  • Joined 22-January 08

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

Sam, the good news is that you will find a way....the bad news is that it will only take :spend: :spend: :spend: :spend: :spend: :spend: to fix it!!!

Good luck!

Andy.

Present Mustang:
2008 Shelby GT Convertible #1676

Mods Installed:
BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 Tires (275/40/R18 Front & Rear)
CDC Sequential Tail Lights
FRPP GT500KR Axleback Mufflers
FRPP GT500KR 18" Rims
FRPP 62mm Throttle Body
FRPP Boss 302 Low Expansion Brakelines
Hawk HPS Brake Pads (front & rear)
JBA Tuned Length Ceramic Shorty Headers
LD's Performance Custom Tuning (91 & 93 Octane) w/SCT-X3 Tuner
Redline Hood Struts (w/update kit)
Royal Purple Synthetic Oil 5w20

Royal Purple Differential Gear Lub

Royal Purple Manual Transmission Fluid
Shelby Lower Radiator Grill Insert - Black
Shelby 4.6L Valve Covers
Shelby GT Berg Snake Faux Gas Cap
Shelby GT Berg Snake Front Floor Mats & Trunk Mat
Shelby Plain Rear Seat Floor Mats
Shelby Billet Engine Cap Set
Shelby Billet Fusebox Cover
Shelby Transmission Cooler Scoop
Shelby Front Brake Duct Cooling Kit

Shelby Fays2 Watts Link
Performance Brake Slotted & Cross Drilled Rotors (front & rear)
Ford Motorcraft DOT4 Brake Fluid
Steeda CAI Intake Elbow w/Black Tube
Steeda Motor Mounts (red inserts)
Steeda Under Drive Pulley

Prior Mustangs:

1968 Mustang Coupe - Midnight Blue
1966 Mustang Convertible 289v2 - Red w/black top & interior (still in the family)
1973 Mustang Convertible 351W - Poppy Red w/black top & interior - MCA Senior Division Grand National Retired Winner
1989 Mustang Hatchback 5.0 w/5spd - 25th Anniversary - Red w/red & black interior

#19 OFFLINE   07SGT5687

07SGT5687

el gato diablo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Joined 06-July 10

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

I'm in the same boat... need front brake cooling badly, frankly I never really anticipated doing the light anyway, so I think I'll just fab up the cooling ducts to the light duct and leave the cooling side just going directly at the heat exchanger - that can't hurt I wouldn't think. My HE is so close that it's pressing up against the tabs of the OEM grill inserts and popping it forward occasionally. Every now and then I fin dmy OEM grille bezel only half attached cuz the HE keeps pushing it out. Hopefully the riveted/bolted brake duct/light bezel will keep it in place.

CSM 07SGT5687 - "Stella" - Ford Build Date - 05/17/07 ----> Shelby Build Start Date - 09/12/07 ----> Shelby Build Completion Date - 09/13/07 ----> In-Service Date - 10/15/07

Factory Options: 5spd, Heated Seats, Shaker 500, IUP, Alarm Aftermarket Adds: FRPP Whipple 550HO, "SHELBY GT" valve covers, JLT Carbon Fiber CAI, Jon Lund tune, Shelby/C&R High Capacity Radiator and Dual Fan Intercooler, Moroso Intercooler "ICE" tank and coolant tank, Dynotech Aluminum One-piece Drive shaft, Eibach R1 (GT500) Single Adjustable Coilovers, Shelby/MM Caster/Camber Plates, BMR P/P Lower Control Arms, FRPP Adjustable Panhard Rod, Thump Racing HD Belt Tensioner, JLT oil separator, Serpentine Belt Shredder, Autometer Nexus gauges in SOS triple A-pillar pod, "SHELBY GT" engine cap set, "SHELBY" anodized fuel door, "SHELBY" Hood Pins, 20" Gun Metal Shelby Razors (24mm) with Nitto 555s, Baer 6S - 6 piston Front Brake kit, Baer Eradispeed +2 Rear Brake kit (front and rear slotted, no drilled), Hawk HPS (street) pads, Bob's Autosport Axle Reservoir, Fender Stripe, Sequential Turn Signals/Brake Lights, Corbeau Harness Bar, Corbeau 5 point Harness, CG Locks, 10% Tint, Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT, Beltronics Pro RX65 Blue hardwired...

Track Setup: 18" x 8.5" TSW Nurburgring (45mm) - TOO NARROW, Nitto NT-01 275/40/18 - TOO FAT/TALL, and Carbotech XP10/20 track pads - jury is still out.

496rwhp/473rwtq on a fully-loaded Dynojet... that'll work for now...

PPIR06-1.jpg

Team Shelby Members: Stop by and pin up your location on the TeamShelby.com member map at ZeeMaps.com

#20 OFFLINE   07SGT5687

07SGT5687

el gato diablo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Joined 06-July 10

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

One more question about this... Would Shelby consider a modification to this brake duct kit going forward? It seems that every brake company and race team I've spoken with says that the brake cooling should be pointed at the hat or center of rotor rather than the actual disc itself. Since our... call them "big boned" cars need so much help with braking and brake cooling when really put to the test on track, I'd love it if Shelby would consider improving this on their kits going forward. Frankly I'll probably modify the bezel kit to work but end up going with a different (if not hand made) brake cooling kit so I can be assured it cools in the most optimum fashion.

Just a heads up for future development.

CSM 07SGT5687 - "Stella" - Ford Build Date - 05/17/07 ----> Shelby Build Start Date - 09/12/07 ----> Shelby Build Completion Date - 09/13/07 ----> In-Service Date - 10/15/07

Factory Options: 5spd, Heated Seats, Shaker 500, IUP, Alarm Aftermarket Adds: FRPP Whipple 550HO, "SHELBY GT" valve covers, JLT Carbon Fiber CAI, Jon Lund tune, Shelby/C&R High Capacity Radiator and Dual Fan Intercooler, Moroso Intercooler "ICE" tank and coolant tank, Dynotech Aluminum One-piece Drive shaft, Eibach R1 (GT500) Single Adjustable Coilovers, Shelby/MM Caster/Camber Plates, BMR P/P Lower Control Arms, FRPP Adjustable Panhard Rod, Thump Racing HD Belt Tensioner, JLT oil separator, Serpentine Belt Shredder, Autometer Nexus gauges in SOS triple A-pillar pod, "SHELBY GT" engine cap set, "SHELBY" anodized fuel door, "SHELBY" Hood Pins, 20" Gun Metal Shelby Razors (24mm) with Nitto 555s, Baer 6S - 6 piston Front Brake kit, Baer Eradispeed +2 Rear Brake kit (front and rear slotted, no drilled), Hawk HPS (street) pads, Bob's Autosport Axle Reservoir, Fender Stripe, Sequential Turn Signals/Brake Lights, Corbeau Harness Bar, Corbeau 5 point Harness, CG Locks, 10% Tint, Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT, Beltronics Pro RX65 Blue hardwired...

Track Setup: 18" x 8.5" TSW Nurburgring (45mm) - TOO NARROW, Nitto NT-01 275/40/18 - TOO FAT/TALL, and Carbotech XP10/20 track pads - jury is still out.

PPIR06-1.jpg

Team Shelby Members: Stop by and pin up your location on the TeamShelby.com member map at ZeeMaps.com

#21 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,573 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Sam, the good news is that you will find a way....the bad news is that it will only take :spend: :spend: :spend: :spend: :spend: :spend: to fix it!!!

Good luck!

Andy.

Ain't it the truth, Andy?!
:hysterical:
Sam

Edited by 2007_Shelby_GT, 01 October 2012 - 10:47 AM.

AKA:
Posted Image
In Memory Of Willy T

#22 OFFLINE   07SGT5687

07SGT5687

el gato diablo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Joined 06-July 10

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

PS - the Brake duct bezels are now INCLUDED in the cooling kit? While that's cool... it kind of ticks me off that I had to buy them separately though. They used to be $149.95 for JUST the bezels and now they are just included... hmmmm.... I paid $320 total for this kit where now it's only $170... I know things change, but wow... that stings.

PPIR06-1.jpg

#23 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

PS - the Brake duct bezels are now INCLUDED in the cooling kit? While that's cool... it kind of ticks me off that I had to buy them separately though. They used to be $149.95 for JUST the bezels and now they are just included... hmmmm.... I paid $320 total for this kit where now it's only $170... I know things change, but wow... that stings.

Call me tomorrow...

Jer

Lift #15

#24 OFFLINE   07SGT5687

07SGT5687

el gato diablo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Joined 06-July 10

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Call me tomorrow...

Jer

Will do. Thanks Jer. Hope I wasn't too harsh... was just surprised by that. I'll try and give you a ring in the morning.

PPIR06-1.jpg

#25 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

Will do. Thanks Jer. Hope I wasn't too harsh... was just surprised by that. I'll try and give you a ring in the morning.

No, you weren't harsh at all, it's a reasonable reaction.
I may be in meetings most of the day, just ask for Kameron, I'll talk to him and tell him to expect your call.

Jer

Lift #15

#26 OFFLINE   07SGT5687

07SGT5687

el gato diablo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Joined 06-July 10

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

Hey guys - thanks to you both for your appreciation of customer comments and input. Really makes me even more excited about the future of Shelby. Not to drudge up the past, but to think of Shelby as a leader in performance parts AND customer experience, really would make me ultimately proud of the brand!

PPIR06-1.jpg

#27 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Hey guys - thanks to you both for your appreciation of customer comments and input. Really makes me even more excited about the future of Shelby. Not to drudge up the past, but to think of Shelby as a leader in performance parts AND customer experience, really would make me ultimately proud of the brand!

Ditto!

Jer

Lift #15

#28 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,573 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Jer and company:

Over the weekend I took the opportunity to remove the front fascia and do an initial modification in an attempt to gain more space for the brake duct installation. These pics should help tell the tale!

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's more room to be gained by placing a larger spacer where the H.E. attaches to the bumper, but this starts causing issues with the power steering hard lines. I suppose some modifications can be made in that arena by cutting and refitting the clamp-style line mounts so that the lines fit more closely to the radiator - this might give another 1/2" of clearance for larger spacers on the H.E.

I would love to see how the mod-shop is doing this! (hint-hint Jer!)

Not there yet, but making progress!

Sam
AKA:
Posted Image
In Memory Of Willy T

#29 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

Jer and company:

Over the weekend I took the opportunity to remove the front fascia and do an initial modification in an attempt to gain more space for the brake duct installation. These pics should help tell the tale!

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's more room to be gained by placing a larger spacer where the H.E. attaches to the bumper, but this starts causing issues with the power steering hard lines. I suppose some modifications can be made in that arena by cutting and refitting the clamp-style line mounts so that the lines fit more closely to the radiator - this might give another 1/2" of clearance for larger spacers on the H.E.

I would love to see how the mod-shop is doing this! (hint-hint Jer!)

Not there yet, but making progress!

Sam

Good info!
I'll get the mod shop pix next time they do one - they haven't recently.

Jer

Lift #15

#30 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,573 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

Good info!
I'll get the mod shop pix next time they do one - they haven't recently.

Jer

Jer,

If you get time, (because I think I'm on the right track), ask one of the shop techs that installed SGT brake ducts to take a look at my pics and see if they moved/modified the power steering lines to push the heat exchanger even further back, right up close to the radiator?

I don't THINK there's an air flow or heat issue with the H.E. being within an inch or so of the radiator, so long as there's no rubbing/chafing.

Sam
AKA:
Posted Image
In Memory Of Willy T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users