#1 OFFLINE   Mustang_Scotty

Mustang_Scotty

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Joined 27-May 08

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

Im having a difficult time with this thought. I have the KR just sitting in the garage. It has 900 miles on the ticker. I have some aspirations of either buying another house or doing what I have to do and build a new garage and this is a nice chunk of money just sitting there. I purchased this car based on exclusivity but realizing that it's going to take 20 yrs before this car really comes into it's own. One thing that bothers me is that Shelby signed and numbered my dash also. I know I will regret it just like I do now knowing how my 1979 Smokey & the Bandit T/A that I sold has really risen in price. We all have these stories. I also have a nice 91 with 30k. I also know I'm probably going to want the new 15 also. Can someone talk me out of it??

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Mustang_Scotty, 30 September 2012 - 04:03 PM.

Cobra_zps825e2659.gifd6a3eeee-09f2-4813-b8ad-059239589a88_zps

WWW.MUSTANGBLACKOUT.COM

#2 OFFLINE   ingram4868

ingram4868

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,363 posts
  • Joined 05-September 05
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Love of God, Family and Great Cars

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

Purchasing a second home is a true investment that will appreciate and add to your net worth. If you rent it out even better with income and tax right offs. As much as I love cars it would be better for anyone to increase their net worth when given the chance.
David Ingram
Sparks, NV.
Newest addition 1100 mile 2007 GT500

#3 OFFLINE   oldlugs

oldlugs

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Joined 29-October 09
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Im having a difficult time with this thought. I have the KR just sitting in the garage. It has 900 miles on the ticker. I have some aspirations of either buying another house or doing what I have to do and build a new garage and this is a nice chunk of money just sitting there. I purchased this car based on exclusivity but realizing that it's going to take 20 yrs before this car really comes into it's own. One thing that bothers me is that Shelby signed and numbered my dash also. I know I will regret it just like I do now knowing how my 1979 Smokey & the Bandit T/A that I sold has really risen in price....

Posted Image

That old '79 T/A was a piece of doodie, compared to your KR (no offense). As far as I know, the last decent T/A was the '73 Super Duty. Other than both being collectable, you can't compare the two cars. One was a poser and the other a real performer. Don't sell the KR, if you can possibly afford to keep it... but you need to drive it some.
I wish I had a blue '09 KR... (and a red, and a silver..) KRs are AWESOME; '79 T/A's, not nearly so.

That what you wanted to hear? :)

'09 GT-500KR - Black/Black
'08 Bullitt - Highland Green

#4 OFFLINE   Mustang_Scotty

Mustang_Scotty

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Joined 27-May 08

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

Purchasing a second home is a true investment that will appreciate and add to your net worth. If you rent it out even better with income and tax right offs. As much as I love cars it would be better for anyone to increase their net worth when given the chance.

That was a smart answer. I liked it :yup: :yup: Thank You. Your making sense, something the car sitting in the garage is not.

Edited by Mustang_Scotty, 30 September 2012 - 04:34 PM.

WWW.MUSTANGBLACKOUT.COM

#5 OFFLINE   Mustang_Scotty

Mustang_Scotty

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Joined 27-May 08

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

That old '79 T/A was a piece of doodie, compared to your KR (no offense). As far as I know, the last decent T/A was the '73 Super Duty. Other than both being collectable, you can't compare the two cars. One was a poser and the other a real performer. Don't sell the KR, if you can possibly afford to keep it... but you need to drive it some.
I wish I had a blue '09 KR... (and a red, and a silver..) KRs are AWESOME; '79 T/A's, not nearly so.

That what you wanted to hear? :)

No. I was not comparing a 70's Pontiac to my KR. What I was saying is that my 79 T/A which I paid little for are going for 35-50k in Mint condition. Owning that car now can only appreciate.

WWW.MUSTANGBLACKOUT.COM

#6 OFFLINE   SGT-C0056

SGT-C0056

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Joined 09-December 08
  • Region:Decline

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Ive been there...sold my 08 SGT-C....I regret it, but made sense at the time. Looking to sell the Hertz, I know I will regret it also, but family comes first. i plan on getting another Shelby in the future when the situation is better.
DSC01193-1.jpg[/b]
WP_20130503_003.jpg

My OTHER TOYS:

2012 BOSS 302 Kona Blue #2995- Built 12/12/11

1971 Mercedes Benz 280SL (Pagoda)

08SGT0056 - SGT-C - #SOLD#

07H459 - HERTZ - #SOLD#

#7 OFFLINE   Mustang_Scotty

Mustang_Scotty

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Joined 27-May 08

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Ive been there...sold my 08 SGT-C....I regret it, but made sense at the time. Looking to sell the Hertz, I know I will regret it also, but family comes first. i plan on getting another Shelby in the future when the situation is better.

Yeah I hear ya. I can afford to keep it but it's just sitting there while I might have a chance to purchase the house next to me, or a vacation house at the shore for a rental and for my kids or finally build a garage after building my own house and that is the only thing left to do. I know i'll regret it and I know I will have more Mustangs since I had 15 of them. I still have my 91 in pristine condition. I just feel I can do better for myself and my family while this car just sits there. I know ill never get it signed but I'll have to deal with that. I have had 21 new cars in the last several years and sold every one of them within a year. I have lost a minimum of 5,000 per car so just look at all the money I have wasted. I could of had these things I am talking about a long time ago. I'm just feeling this is the right thing.

WWW.MUSTANGBLACKOUT.COM

#8 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,298 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:God, Family, Cars, Football...

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

+1

Not to make it a harder decision, but... She sure is a beautiful car. :drool:

2009 GT500 "Stickers"
#1534 of 3004 coupes; #378 of 651 Performance White w/ Vista Blue stripes

Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2010 "Clean & Correct"
Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2012 "Track History"

47,000 miles.... It isn't a FLOWER!

Shelby Alcoa 20" rims w/ Nitto Invo's 255/35ZR front, 295/35ZR rear, Shelby LCA Relocation brackets; Shelby Short Throw Shifter, FRPP Cold-Air intake; FRPP Strut Tower Brace; JDM Engineering Tune; L&M Plenum (port matched blower); KR Exhaust; SPEC Super Twin S-Trim Clutch; AM Sequential taillights; CDC Hood Struts; Shelby Kicker Premium upgrade; Shelby GT500 Door sill; Lloyds GT500 floor mats, Visor and Dash plaque signed by Mr Shelby; Shelby 50th fender stripe... And decals GALORE!

TiltedKilt22014_zps2096ca67.jpg

2004 Jeep Rubicon Jeep wrote the book on 4X4
1931 Model A Pickup Original resotration

#9 OFFLINE   Mustang_Scotty

Mustang_Scotty

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Joined 27-May 08

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

Your killing me!! :banghead: :confused:

WWW.MUSTANGBLACKOUT.COM

#10 OFFLINE   jerseygator

jerseygator

"Burnout Boy"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,298 posts
  • Joined 13-May 09
  • Interests:God, Family, Cars, Football...

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

Your killing me!! :banghead: :confused:

:hide:

2009 GT500 "Stickers"
#1534 of 3004 coupes; #378 of 651 Performance White w/ Vista Blue stripes

Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2010 "Clean & Correct"
Celebrity Pick All Fords Nationals, Carlisle 2012 "Track History"

47,000 miles.... It isn't a FLOWER!

Shelby Alcoa 20" rims w/ Nitto Invo's 255/35ZR front, 295/35ZR rear, Shelby LCA Relocation brackets; Shelby Short Throw Shifter, FRPP Cold-Air intake; FRPP Strut Tower Brace; JDM Engineering Tune; L&M Plenum (port matched blower); KR Exhaust; SPEC Super Twin S-Trim Clutch; AM Sequential taillights; CDC Hood Struts; Shelby Kicker Premium upgrade; Shelby GT500 Door sill; Lloyds GT500 floor mats, Visor and Dash plaque signed by Mr Shelby; Shelby 50th fender stripe... And decals GALORE!

TiltedKilt22014_zps2096ca67.jpg

2004 Jeep Rubicon Jeep wrote the book on 4X4
1931 Model A Pickup Original resotration

#11 OFFLINE   carnut12

carnut12

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 2,283 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07
  • Interests:Family, Cars, Golf

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

I agree 100%, your not even driving it, if the value goes up it will be 20-30 years from now minimum and it will not go up even close to as much as a second house. Right now is the absolute best time ever to buy a house, I am debating it myself (A second one).
07 Shelby GT # 5696 White, Charcoal Interior and Dash, 5-Speed, IUP, Anti-theft, Wheel Locks, Sirius, Shaker 1000, Heated Seats, Shelby Signature Mats, Shelby License Plate Holder, Lower Billet Grill, Silverhorse Cup Holder, Shifter Bezel, Climate Knobs, E-brake Handle, door handles, Mirror Control Knob, lock pockets and pins, and Window Switch Plates, Clear Turn Signals, Shelby Kicker Speaker System, Shorty Antenna, Shelby Engine Caps, Shelby CS69 20" Staggered Wheels, Updated Hood Pins, Shelby Headrest Covers & Armrest Cover, Sequential Tail Lights
Back from Tasca on 03-25-09-550HP Whipple, Brake Upgrade, Shelby Gauges, Blue Ford Racing Valve Covers, Dynotech 1 Piece Driveshaft- 495 RWHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FR500S Exhaust and Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 OFFLINE   AndyGJ

AndyGJ

SGT Owner

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,069 posts
  • Joined 22-January 08
  • Region:South Atlantic

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

Go out and purchase a new airbag cover for the dash....keep the Carroll Shelby signature if you want to do anything, and if you do purchase another one later, then you will have your signed dash ready to go for you since Carroll is no longer with us...

Just a thought.....

Andy.

Present Mustang:
2008 Shelby GT Convertible #1676

Mods Installed:
BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 Tires (275/40/R18 Front & Rear)
CDC Sequential Tail Lights
FRPP GT500KR Axleback Mufflers
FRPP GT500KR 18" Rims
FRPP 62mm Throttle Body
FRPP Boss 302 Low Expansion Brakelines
Hawk HPS Brake Pads (front & rear)
JBA Tuned Length Ceramic Shorty Headers
LD's Performance Custom Tuning (91 & 93 Octane) w/SCT-X3 Tuner
Redline Hood Struts (w/update kit)
Royal Purple Synthetic Oil 5w20

Royal Purple Differential Gear Lub

Royal Purple Manual Transmission Fluid
Shelby Lower Radiator Grill Insert - Black
Shelby 4.6L Valve Covers
Shelby GT Berg Snake Faux Gas Cap
Shelby GT Berg Snake Front Floor Mats & Trunk Mat
Shelby Plain Rear Seat Floor Mats
Shelby Billet Engine Cap Set
Shelby Billet Fusebox Cover
Shelby Transmission Cooler Scoop
Shelby Front Brake Duct Cooling Kit

Shelby Fays2 Watts Link
Performance Brake Slotted & Cross Drilled Rotors (front & rear)
Ford Motorcraft DOT4 Brake Fluid
Steeda CAI Intake Elbow w/Black Tube
Steeda Motor Mounts (red inserts)
Steeda Under Drive Pulley

Prior Mustangs:

1968 Mustang Coupe - Midnight Blue
1966 Mustang Convertible 289v2 - Red w/black top & interior (still in the family)
1973 Mustang Convertible 351W - Poppy Red w/black top & interior - MCA Senior Division Grand National Retired Winner
1989 Mustang Hatchback 5.0 w/5spd - 25th Anniversary - Red w/red & black interior

#13 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,094 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

Rest assured that the chances of a modern production car earning the same rate of return as real estate is low, but there is no guarantee that real estate will appreciate either. Trust me, I'm very experienced in this space.
Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#14 OFFLINE   gearhead09

gearhead09

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 19-August 11

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Well if you sell it I want it :D. I really like this color combo.

#15 OFFLINE   oldlugs

oldlugs

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Joined 29-October 09
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Now certainly is the best time to buy real estate. I jrecently bought a vacation place for my family (and another inexpensive, but fun car).
However...
There are only 88 Vista Blue '09 KRs, and you may not see them changing hands as often, in a few years.
Then again, in favor of selling... There are plenty of other cool cars around.

Tough decision.

#16 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

That old '79 T/A was a piece of doodie, compared to your KR (no offense). As far as I know, the last decent T/A was the '73 Super Duty.

Pshaw!

Although I'd love to have a SD, there are other "decent" TA's out there.

One of the many sacrifices I had to make in order to move from CA to CO was when I sold my '70 TA RA-IV 4-spd (White w/Blue stripe) in 2005. I couldn't take it with me (no room to keep in a HOA neighborhood).

I also had a '70 Formula (true) RA-III A/T (Goldenrod Yellow w/Black interior), a '73 Formula 455 w/455HD motor option, a '70 plain-Jane Firebird, a '73 Formula and a '62 Catalina 389 4-sp 2-dr Hardtop. Oh, and my '92 Grand Prix GTP daily driver (I somehow ended up being a "Pontiac Guy" without realizing it!).

I'd put that '70 RA-IV up against a '73 SD any day.

Phill (and STILL kickin' myself in the ass for selling them!!!)

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#17 OFFLINE   Jewish Santa

Jewish Santa

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 18-May 07

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

mustang scotty your kr is my wall paper on my laptop - i will own it one day.if your serious on letting the 91 go contact me. thanks and good luck

#18 OFFLINE   oldlugs

oldlugs

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Joined 29-October 09
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

Pshaw!

Although I'd love to have a SD, there are other "decent" TA's out there....
I'd put that '70 RA-IV up against a '73 SD any day.

Phill (and STILL kickin' myself in the ass for selling them!!!)

Yup; I know there were plenty of "good ones"... Just saying that I think the good ones ended with the '73 SD. And just as you're kicking yourself for selling those you've had, I think many of us would be kicking ourselves later on for selling our GT500s, especially an '09 Vista Blue KR.

#19 OFFLINE   YZD263

YZD263

Team Shelby Member

• Team Shelby Club Member
  • 1,906 posts
  • Joined 25-February 07
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Cars, Pro Football, F1 Racing

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

As an owner of an '09 Vista Blue, my initial reaction would be to tell you to hold on to it if you can. Having said that, cars are not really the best investment, and if you don't drive the KR, the rational choice would be to sell it now and use the proceeds in a more efficient manner, such as the purchase of a second house.
2009 Shelby GT500 KR
Vista Blue, Silver Stripes

Purchased 10-21-11

CSM 09KR0628

#20 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

Yup; I know there were plenty of "good ones"... Just saying that I think the good ones ended with the '73 SD. And just as you're kicking yourself for selling those you've had, I think many of us would be kicking ourselves later on for selling our GT500s, especially an '09 Vista Blue KR.

No argument on ANY of your points!

The sad part in my case is, I didn't have all of those cars 10, 20 or 30 years ago. I had them all SIX years ago. I had to make a tough decision and now I have to live with it.

AND, if I were in the market for a KR, it'd be a Vista Blue KR and preferably a '09 (w/NAV). Probably the rarest of them all.

Phill

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#21 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Open a window.†Itís a big world out there.

• Great Lakes Region
  • 4,791 posts
  • Joined 20-July 05
  • Region:South Atlantic

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

I wouldn't say that the 1979 Trans Am wasn't a good car. It was a great car in design and styling for its time. Yes, 1979 didn't offer performance, but than again, who did? Look at the 1979 Mustang "Cobra"?

• http://www.Boss302Forum.com • Ford Mustang EcoBoost Club • http://www.ShelbyGT350Forum.com • http://www.ShelbyGT350RForum.com

44706_10200232353682482_93935936_n.jpg?o

Shelby Bud totally destroying the tires on my KR while I was in Michigan. I WANT new rear tires, Bud! :drop:

#22 OFFLINE   patrickshelby

patrickshelby

Team Shelby Member

• World-Wide Region
  • 944 posts
  • Joined 20-October 08
  • Region:European Union

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

+1
And I LOVE cars! But that is WISE.
Increase your wealth and buy a 15' later on...

#23 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

I wouldn't say that the 1979 Trans Am wasn't a good car. It was a great car in design and styling for its time. Yes, 1979 didn't offer performance, but than again, who did?

If you bought a 1979 49-State TA it had a 455ci and 4-sp trans in it. If you bought a 50-State TA (Calif. smog legal), it had a 400ci and A/T in it.

The '79 455/4-sp is a VERY good performer...For its day. The 400/auto....NOT SO MUCH! <lol>

Phill (former Pontiac freak)

2010 GT500 Coupe

#24 OFFLINE   dvups1

dvups1

Team Shelby New Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 22-March 10
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Texas Holdem Poker, Family, Local car shows, Saltwater Aquariums

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

If you come to the point where you sell and need another airbag cover to swap out and keep yours, I have a clean one I can hook you up with.

I don't think you can go wrong with selling or keeping your KR.

#25 OFFLINE   LuckySnake

LuckySnake

LuckySnake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,541 posts
  • Joined 11-May 06
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Cars & Planes
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

If you let it go, you might have to buy it back someday with someone elses miles and then spend at least four times the purchase price to get it back to the condition it's in now, worst part is you knew better than to sell it and it won't be low miles and original. Don't do it. You can build a garage any old day, keep your KR.

#26 OFFLINE   carnut12

carnut12

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 2,283 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07
  • Interests:Family, Cars, Golf

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

If you let it go, you might have to buy it back someday with someone elses miles and then spend at least four times the purchase price to get it back to the condition it's in now, worst part is you knew better than to sell it and it won't be low miles and original. Don't do it. You can build a garage any old day, keep your KR.

4 times the price??? Not in any of our lifetimes. You can buy a car anytime, he is not even driving it.

The Economy is not going to get better in the next 4 years, sell it now, the value is going to go down short term, not up.
07 Shelby GT # 5696 White, Charcoal Interior and Dash, 5-Speed, IUP, Anti-theft, Wheel Locks, Sirius, Shaker 1000, Heated Seats, Shelby Signature Mats, Shelby License Plate Holder, Lower Billet Grill, Silverhorse Cup Holder, Shifter Bezel, Climate Knobs, E-brake Handle, door handles, Mirror Control Knob, lock pockets and pins, and Window Switch Plates, Clear Turn Signals, Shelby Kicker Speaker System, Shorty Antenna, Shelby Engine Caps, Shelby CS69 20" Staggered Wheels, Updated Hood Pins, Shelby Headrest Covers & Armrest Cover, Sequential Tail Lights
Back from Tasca on 03-25-09-550HP Whipple, Brake Upgrade, Shelby Gauges, Blue Ford Racing Valve Covers, Dynotech 1 Piece Driveshaft- 495 RWHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FR500S Exhaust and Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive
Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 OFFLINE   Mustang_Scotty

Mustang_Scotty

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Joined 27-May 08

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

Go out and purchase a new airbag cover for the dash....keep the Carroll Shelby signature if you want to do anything, and if you do purchase another one later, then you will have your signed dash ready to go for you since Carroll is no longer with us...

Just a thought.....

Andy.

I thought of that but Carroll numbered it also so it wouldn't go with any other shelby, and not to be crude or anything but doesn't that make my KR a little more desirable??

WWW.MUSTANGBLACKOUT.COM

#28 OFFLINE   Mustang_Scotty

Mustang_Scotty

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Joined 27-May 08

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

Well if you sell it I want it :D. I really like this color combo.

Are you really interested?

WWW.MUSTANGBLACKOUT.COM

#29 OFFLINE   Mustang_Scotty

Mustang_Scotty

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Joined 27-May 08

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

What do you guys think I could actually get for this KR???

WWW.MUSTANGBLACKOUT.COM

#30 OFFLINE   oldlugs

oldlugs

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Joined 29-October 09
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

What do you guys think I could actually get for this KR???

Low to mid 50K range for a quick sale. High 50s to low 60s if you hold out. Only 88 of those Vista Blue '09s in existance.
If I had more cash on hand, I'd make an offer. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users