202 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Admin
  • 5,057 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Jer,
I purchased a set during the pre order, but I didn't think to get any back up wheels. Will I be able to buy one of each size or do I have to buy an entire set?

As long as you are quick enough to buy some, you can buy just 2, no worries. There will be no MINIMUM, just a MAXIMUM.

Jer
Shelby American
Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts
JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner. No longer eligible for judging.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
Biggest UPDATE of ALL: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012.

#182 OFFLINE   Grabber

Grabber

TS Member #26

• 34,973 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
  • Region:Pacific Northwest

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

As long as you are quick enough to buy some, you can buy just 2, no worries. There will be no MINIMUM, just a MAXIMUM.

Jer

I want to get one set for my car and on set for my wifes car and a spare for front and back for both cars. Is that over the maximum ?
GRABBER Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image 2007 GRABBER ORANGE GT500 Coupe ordered 10/13/06. Sub to plant 12/14/06. Scheduled 1/16/07. Bucked 1/17/07. Released From Plant 1/19/07. Plant Quality Hold 1/19/07. Off Plant Quality Hold 2/21/07. Shipped 2/22/07. Delivered 3/8/07. New 2008 2nd Gen. Tranny & Nickle Hub Clutch & Flywheel & Lube & CSC bearing 1/16/2008. New 2009 2nd Gen. Flywheel & another new Nickel Hub Clutch & Pilot Bearing 8/8/08. New 2010 Clutch and flywheel and slave cylinder & pilot bearing and clutch line 8/2/12
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#183 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Admin
  • 5,057 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

I want to get one set for my car and on set for my wifes car and a spare for front and back for both cars. Is that over the maximum ?

Yes. We will most likely cap purchases at 6 wheels. And, yes, it stinks. But we REALLY want to try to get the wheels to owners, not eBayers.

Jer
Shelby American
JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Lift #15

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
Biggest UPDATE of ALL: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012.

#184 OFFLINE   JeffJ

JeffJ

Hertz #102

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 3,809 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Jer,
Have you thought about first offering to TS paid members and then if some left open it? That may reduce some of the non Shelby buyers. Just a thought.
JeffJ
2006 Shelby GTH-SC #102
2013 Roush RS - Daily Driver
1993 F150 Lightning #711
1989 AutoKraft/Kenny Brown Short Wheel Base T-bird #001 with a 1969 Supercharged Boss 302 5 speed
1994 AutoKraft Short Wheel Base Lincoln MK VIII #006
1999 F-350 Powerstoke Pony Hauler (Both 4 legged and 4 tired!)
1965 Mustang Coupe 289 Auto
1990 7-Up LX 5.0 Convert - Auto (current basket case, building for my daughter's first car)
1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster 5.0 supercharged Ford V-8
1953 Ford Customline 4dr w/ 1998 4.6 Crown Vic Running gear
1973 Datsun 610 302 Ford V8 power, drift and road race car.
1951 Ford F6 Dump Truck powered by 1985 Ford roller 5.0, full tilt font, can haul 6 tons of rock and run a 18.0 quarter!
2006 Jeep Commander 4.7 V8
2004 Chrysler Crossfire 3.2 Mecedes V-6 6 speed - wife's daily driverPosted Image

Team Shelby Mountain Region Director
For information on events in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming, contact me at Email me

#185 OFFLINE   klastinger

klastinger

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 102 posts
  • Joined 21-November 11
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Cars, outdoors, and biking.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Thanks Jer and looking forward to getting some extras for my car.
2012 Shelby GT500 - White, Stripe Delete. Recaros, and Navigation. Suspension: Koni Sport Shocks/Struts, Steeda Springs, Mounts, and Swaybars. Shelby Lower Control Arms and Billet Watts Link. Performance: Corsa Exhaust, JLT Intake, Shelby Oil Catch Cans, AirRaid Filter. Steeda Pulley. Dual Fan Heat Exchanger, and Tunes. Drivetrain: MGW Shifter. Driveshaft Shop Carbon Fiber Driveshaft. Shelby Brake upgrades. Wheels and Tires: Shelby/Alcoa 50th Anniversary Rims, and Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

#186 OFFLINE   Grabber

Grabber

TS Member #26

• 34,973 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
  • Region:Pacific Northwest

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Yes. We will most likely cap purchases at 6 wheels. And, yes, it stinks. But we REALLY want to try to get the wheels to owners, not eBayers.

Jer

As you know both my wife and I own GT500's and they would not end up on E-bay.

...I do understand that you must have rules. Maybe I can order my wifes set......and then hand her the phone and she can order my set. :unsure:
GRABBER Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image 2007 GRABBER ORANGE GT500 Coupe ordered 10/13/06. Sub to plant 12/14/06. Scheduled 1/16/07. Bucked 1/17/07. Released From Plant 1/19/07. Plant Quality Hold 1/19/07. Off Plant Quality Hold 2/21/07. Shipped 2/22/07. Delivered 3/8/07. New 2008 2nd Gen. Tranny & Nickle Hub Clutch & Flywheel & Lube & CSC bearing 1/16/2008. New 2009 2nd Gen. Flywheel & another new Nickel Hub Clutch & Pilot Bearing 8/8/08. New 2010 Clutch and flywheel and slave cylinder & pilot bearing and clutch line 8/2/12
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#187 OFFLINE   andrewnagle1964

andrewnagle1964

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,356 posts
  • Joined 21-February 08

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Maybe I can order my wifes set......and then hand her the phone and she can order my set. :unsure:

As you know both my wife and I own GT500's and they would not end up on E-bay.

...I do understand that you must have rules. Maybe I can order my wifes set......and then hand her the phone and she can order my set. :unsure:

Bingo !

Edited by andrewnagle1964, 05 February 2013 - 07:21 PM.

The Black 07SGT4986 (RIP April14, 2010) to the White 07SGT4623......thanks for the grace of God no one died.

#188 ONLINE   Norton

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 332 posts
  • Joined 09-June 12

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Jer,
Have you thought about first offering to TS paid members and then if some left open it? That may reduce some of the non Shelby buyers. Just a thought.

Suggested and addressed here.

2013 Coupe, Triple Black, SVTPP, SVTTP, Recaros, Electronics Pkg, Shaker Pro, & Cover
#908 of 1464, Built on 16 Oct, Delivered by Whitney's Value Ford in Elma, WA on 9 Nov
Mods: MPSS Tires, JLT CF Intake, Airaid SynthaMax Filter, Bob's Ultimate Oil Separator, True Forged Heat Extractor, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Plus, FRPP Strut Tower Brace, Jaeger Bros Stone Guards, VLED 5K CREE Driving Lights, Bob's Map & License Plate LEDs, Clutch-Assist Spring Removed, Viper Ultra Tint, Rogue Radar-Mount, Lloyd Mats, Shelby Dash Plaque, CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna, Mobil 1 & Amsoil Lubricants

IMG_0201_zpsde05a152.jpg

Originally ordered from Phil Long Ford Chapel Hills (CO) on 18 Jun, my order dropped from "#1 of 3" to "#3 of 2" on 19 Sep
Moral of the story: Do NOT shop Phil Long Ford Chapel Hills in Colo Spgs, CO

#189 OFFLINE   acroholic

acroholic

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 21-January 13

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

I'm going to try like heck to get a set for my car. If I can't get a set in this offering, HREs are going on.

#190 OFFLINE   dednock

dednock

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12
  • Interests:Anything powered by an engine

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

It is hard to decide what wheels I will go with if I am unable to get the ALCOAs. Nothing looks better on the Shelby. (IMO) :rockon:
2011 Convertible GT500, sterling grey with red stripes, SVTPP, navigation, JLT CAI, Metco pulley, Roush exhaust, Alcoa Forged Shelby Fifity Year Wheels

#191 OFFLINE   acroholic

acroholic

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 21-January 13

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

It is hard to decide what wheels I will go with if I am unable to get the ALCOAs. Nothing looks better on the Shelby. (IMO) :rockon:

I like the Alcoas very much, and would rather have something made by Shelby on my Shelby. That last ebay Alcoa wheel auction that reached $4600, by the time you put some Michelin PSS on there and had them mounted and balanced, you'd be at $7200 or thereabouts for an entire set on your car. You can get a nice set of 20" HREs with PS2s mounted balanced and shipped for low to mid $8k range, and that is with an 11" rear with 315s on the back, and 10" on the front with 275s.

Edited by acroholic, 06 February 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#192 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Mountain Region
  • 6,995 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

That last ebay Alcoa wheel auction that reached $4600,

Be patient and you will pay almost half of that directly from Shelby.

I don't understand why anyone would pay $4600 for a set of "Fifty Year" Alcoa's, at least at this point in time (INSTANT gratification???).

Phill
2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Subframe K-member - Tubular Front A-arms - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - KR Style Front Brake Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets - Shelby/BMR Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar tires~

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Baer Extreme Rear Brakes; Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails, Shelby Alcoa 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake style wheels; NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box, Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock, Raptor shift light, ZEX N2O kit, Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

#193 OFFLINE   UCLAman

UCLAman

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 204 posts
  • Joined 09-June 10
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

Be patient and you will pay almost half of that directly from Shelby.

I don't understand why anyone would pay $4600 for a set of "Fifty Year" Alcoa's, at least at this point in time (INSTANT gratification???).

Phill

Some just have deeper pockets. Thats all.
Posted Image

50th Ford Cobra Shelby Reunion - 07-12 GT 500 Show Favorite
NHRA Museum Pomona, CA 4/21/12

#194 OFFLINE   acroholic

acroholic

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 21-January 13

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Some just have deeper pockets. Thats all.

I don't think that is necessarily it. I could have bought those wheels no problem, but I didn't because it makes no sense (to me) to do it.

#195 OFFLINE   F150 Duke

F150 Duke

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 11-March 09

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

Guys I've read every page and I cannot find what the original price was per wheel. Can anyone PM me and let me know. Just trying to sit the money aside so I can order six wheels.

Thanks!

#196 OFFLINE   andrewnagle1964

andrewnagle1964

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,356 posts
  • Joined 21-February 08

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Guys I've read every page and I cannot find what the original price was per wheel. Can anyone PM me and let me know. Just trying to sit the money aside so I can order six wheels.

Thanks!

20 X 9 were $564.99
20 X10 were $584.99

Caps were $149.99

Shipping $137.97

To my front door for the 4 plus caps $2587.92
The Black 07SGT4986 (RIP April14, 2010) to the White 07SGT4623......thanks for the grace of God no one died.

#197 OFFLINE   TMatt142

TMatt142

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 24-January 13
  • Region:Other
  • Interests:My car, guitars, good friends..
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Thanks!

So Duke....You're not going with the Forestars?

DSC00844_zps9a5418e8.jpg

#198 OFFLINE   F150 Duke

F150 Duke

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 11-March 09

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

So Duke....You're not going with the Forestars?

Not necessarily. I'm actively pursuing both options. Here is the final list/analysis I did. I'm not going to consider the Alcoa's if I don't widen the rears. I cannot justify spending that kind of money and not dramatically improving rear traction. Either solution has to significantly improve rear traction. Reason being that either late this summer or next spring I am going to do a 2013 SVT TVS, CJ TB, & VMP Tune. I'm estimating this upgrade at $2,875 plus install....so maybe $3,000.

My Updated List of Options I’m Considering:

1. Alcoa Rims (10” Front and Widened Rear to 11.5”)
Front Tire: Michelin Pilot SS in 275/35/20 (10.9SW on 9.5" / 27.6OD / 10.2”TW / 9-11”Rim) - $349
Rear Tire: Michelin Pilot SS in 295/35/20 (11.9SW on 10.5" / 28.1OD / 12”TW / 10-11.5”Rim) - $422
Cost: $4,542
- $2,300 for the rims ($565 / $585 - SA)
- $700 for widening
- $1,542 for tires (Tire Rack)
Pro:
- I like the look of chrome best with my white stripes and Grabber blue paint
- The rims are recognizably Shelby rims, so it’s a bit nostalgic. I know it shouldn’t really matter b/c I don’t have an SS, but something about having Shelby SS rims brings a bit of a smile
- Rear traction width is up to at least 11.9 section width and 12” tred width. (probably more with a stretched tire)
Con:
- Price is $1,000 more expensive than going with a similar looking rim which will have wider rear tires, albeit not in chrome.
- I'll have to buy two spare rims to protect against losing the entire set should one get damaged beyond repair.
295/35/20 rubs on a 10” rim with FR springs but it may not rub if it’s stretched to a 11.5” rim by pulling back the side wall bulge. Problem is this hasn’t been proven yet by anyone.
- This is pretty much the only tire combo I can do because I need something that will work in the rain, spring and fall. For example the R888 is too aggressive and the Dunlop is too expensive.

2. Forgestar CF10 Rims (10” Front and 11” Rear)
Front Tire: Michelin Pilot SS in 275/35/20 (10.9SW on 9.5" / 27.6OD / 10.2”TW / 9-11”Rim) - $349
Rear Tire: Michelin Pilot SS in 315/35/20 (12.6SW on 11" / 28.7OD / 12.5”TW / 10.5-12.5”Rim) - $456
Cost: $3,450
- $1,840 for the rims
- $1,610 for tires (Tire Rack)
Pro:
- Rear traction width is up to at least 12.6 section width and 12.5” tred width. .5” more than the Alcoa option. However, I find it hard to believe that an overall diameter of 28.7 won’t rub, maybe the wheel offset is just that perfect, but Paul at Howey Industries said he thinks it will fit on a GT500 with FR lowering springs as long as I don’t lower below 1.5”.
Con:
- It’s not a Shelby rim
- Chrome is not available
- 10” front rim is going out of stock and will not be reproduced

3. Forgestar CF10 Rims (10” Front and 11” Rear)
Rear Tire: Michelin Pilot PS2 in 305/35/20 (12.3SW on 11" / 28.4OD / 11.2”TW / 10-12”Rim) - $483
Cost: $3,504
- $1,840 for the rims
- $1,664 for tires (Tire Rack)
Pro/Con: Same as above

Edited by F150 Duke, 13 February 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#199 OFFLINE   TMatt142

TMatt142

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 24-January 13
  • Region:Other
  • Interests:My car, guitars, good friends..
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Well, I'd say you've done your research! I've backed off the Forgestars for now. I'll give it a year or so. I too would rather have a set of Alcoas but just can't justify it right now. Mine is not a daily driver so having F1's on there for now is fine for me, plus they're brand new.

DSC00844_zps9a5418e8.jpg

#200 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Mountain Region
  • 6,995 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

Mine is not a daily driver so having F1's on there for now is fine for me, plus they're brand new.

I have my OEM F-1 goodyear (with less than 3,000 miles on them) up on a rack in my garage. IF I ever go to sell my car, all of the mods will come of and all OEM parts will go back on for a 100% original Shelby GT500...Unless someone wants to pay good money for the take-off parts (and assorted spare parts I have).

I did that with a Harley I had and made WAY more than if I had sold it with all of the mods on it.

Phill
2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Subframe K-member - Tubular Front A-arms - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - KR Style Front Brake Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets - Shelby/BMR Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar tires~

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Baer Extreme Rear Brakes; Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails, Shelby Alcoa 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake style wheels; NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box, Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock, Raptor shift light, ZEX N2O kit, Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

#201 OFFLINE   F150 Duke

F150 Duke

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 11-March 09

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Well, I'd say you've done your research! I've backed off the Forgestars for now. I'll give it a year or so. I too would rather have a set of Alcoas but just can't justify it right now. Mine is not a daily driver so having F1's on there for now is fine for me, plus they're brand new.

I'm still game if you want to meet up sometime when things warm up. I was able to float the rim tire idea with the wife bc my f1 are going into their 4th summer and have 25k miles on them. So it's time for new tires.

#202 OFFLINE   Alloy500

Alloy500

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 30-September 12
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:modifying my car

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

Hey Jer what's your email address
I'm also interested ?

#203 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Admin
  • 5,057 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hey Jer what's your email address
I'm also interested ?

Responded to PM

Jer
Shelby American
JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Lift #15

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users