#31 OFFLINE   braztang

braztang

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 189 posts
  • Joined 25-July 11
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Ride motorcycles, surfing, skating,studying, wine and beer.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

That I undedstood Right! Thanks guys.
Buying now the 7.5W then.

Safe ride
braztang
Know safety, no pain.

#32 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Here is the adapter http://autoluminatio.../connectors.htm scroll down a little bit to the 5202 one. This is the title Socket Receptacles 9" Long - 16 Gauge Wire Leads
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
Front splitter curb alert system
Super snake carbon fiber splitter
APR Performance carbon fiber mirror assembly
JLT CF resonator delete w/blue airaid Filter
Shelby transmission cooler scoope
BMR UCA with Mount, BMR adjustable panhard bar
Bob's billet LCA and bob's oil separator
FRPP springs
HRE p40 w/Michelin Super sport tires

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#33 OFFLINE   Squirrel 007

Squirrel 007

Ford Retiree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 168 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

I am comparing between the 2 LED bulbs. The 13 watt is twice as bright. But the stock halogen are 2x as bright as the 13 watt bulbs so yea. But even though the LEDs aren't as bright what they light up is the same. Someone already did a very good comparaison with pictures so really you can't tell the difference AT ALL. Unless you only have the fogs on and no headlights but Idk who drives around with just fogs on.

Have you ever driven in HEAVY fog and turned your headlights off and run with just fog lights? I have done this in all my cars equiped with fog lights. The high beams light up the area in front of you because they are aimed higher than your low beams. This allows a massive amount of light to reflect back at you off of the fog making as if another vehicle is approaching you with high beams on. Low beams are not aimed as high but still high enough to allow a very large amount of light to reflect off the fog and still semi blind you. The sole purpose of fog lights is to aim them low along the road minimizing the amount of reflected light and thereby allowing you to actually see beter. In light fog I don't think it matters much but in my experience in heavy fog running with fog lights only makes a major difference. Do they seem to shine out very far in front of your vehicle? No, of course not but if it is heavy fog you have no business driving fast any more than you would drive really fast on a cloudy, black night with no lights on and one eye closed and squinting through the other one. Anyway, a little melo-dramatic but you get my drift.

Edited by Squirrel 007, 09 October 2012 - 09:50 AM.

1997 "Eddie Bauer" Explorer 4X4: White

2002 Saleen Extreme Coupe #59: (1 of 56) Mineral Grey

2003 "James Bond" T-Bird (1 of 700): Hard Top + Convertible Top. Coral with White (Hard Top) Black (Soft Top)

2005 Ranger Pick-up 4X4: Extended Cab, Black

2013 Sheby Gt500 Coupe: Black W/White Stripes, (SVTPP, Track Pack, Recaro's, Electronics Pack, Shaker Pro, Car Cover, Louvers & Scoops)

#34 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

Have you ever driven in HEAVY fog and turned your headlights off and run with just fog lights? I have done this in all my cars equiped with fog lights. The high beams light up the area in front of you because they are aimed higher than your low beams. This allows a massive amount of light to reflect back at you off of the fog making as if another vehicle is approaching you with high beams on. Low beams are not aimed as high but still high enough to allow a very large amount of light to reflect off the fog and still semi blind you. The sole purpose of fog lights is to aim them low along the road minimizing the amount of reflected light and thereby allowing you to actually see beter. In light fog I don't think it matters much but in my experience in heavy fog running with fog lights only makes a major difference. Do they seem to shine out very far in front of your vehicle? No, of course not but if it is heavy fog you have no business driving fast any more than you would drive really fast on a cloudy, black night with no lights on and one eye closed and squinting through the other one. Anyway, a little melo-dramatic but you get my drift.

I have driven with this car in heavy fog this past week actually. I don't know why it was so damn foggy but it was. I still would never drive with just my fog lights and no headlights. Also isn't that illegal to not have your headlights on at night? I remember a cop pulled me over a couple years back because I turned my headlights off for 5 seconds to check something with them while driving at night. Anyways I ordered the 13 watt LEDs and adapters today so I'll post pics when they are installed. Apparently the 13watt LEDs shine out at the sides more than the stock halogens. But obviously they won't shine out as far in front. But that is irrelevant because when you turn the headlights on you can't even see the light immited by the fogs in front of the car only at the sides.

So these may actually be better lol unless you live in a bog.
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#35 OFFLINE   Avenger2013

Avenger2013

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 28-October 12
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

"You guys" are blind? Good Christ. You were demanding links yourself just a little while ago.

Sure. Here's the link. The vendor's SKU is 5202_15_HP_W_5K. The bulbs I returned because they required splicing are here. For their nominal amount of additional light considering how relatively useless fog lamps tend to be beyond styling anyway, I simply wasn't going to do anything that wasn't 100% reversible in all respects.

This website has been sold out of these bulbs for a while now. Does anyone know if there is another place to get these bulbs?

Thanks!
Active Duty Air Force
Stationed in Oklahoma

2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible -- Red Candy Metallic w/ Black Stripes and All Options (built 2 Aug 2012 and delivered 26 Sep 2012)
2008 ISF -- Ultrasonic Blue (sold)
1967 Firebird 400/4 Speed Convertible -- Plum Mist w/ Black Top

#36 OFFLINE   Avenger2013

Avenger2013

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 28-October 12

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

How are these bulbs at http://www.v-leds.co...591137-1-2.html different from the sold out 5K 7.5w bulbs?

Thanks!
Active Duty Air Force
Stationed in Oklahoma

2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible -- Red Candy Metallic w/ Black Stripes and All Options (built 2 Aug 2012 and delivered 26 Sep 2012)

#37 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

How are these bulbs at http://www.v-leds.co...591137-1-2.html different from the sold out 5K 7.5w bulbs?

Thanks!

Go look at my build thread. It's labeled my build thread. In there I give the link to the 13w bulb that will work fine and better. Madlock doesn't know what he is talking about. Yes they are spliced in but you can get 2, 5 dollar adpaters from autolumination.com for 5202 bulbs and they are plug and play. These ones will be brighter than the fogs currently in there.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Mods undecided about:

#38 OFFLINE   Avenger2013

Avenger2013

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 28-October 12

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Go look at my build thread. It's labeled my build thread. In there I give the link to the 13w bulb that will work fine and better. Madlock doesn't know what he is talking about. Yes they are spliced in but you can get 2, 5 dollar adpaters from autolumination.com for 5202 bulbs and they are plug and play. These ones will be brighter than the fogs currently in there.

What you are saying about the bulbs makes perfect sense (that the 13 is brighter than the 7.5).

Between the 7.5 and the 13...which one matches the stock HIDs better? Has anyone ever seen the two bulbs illuminated side by side?
Active Duty Air Force
Stationed in Oklahoma

#39 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

The wattage does not effect color output. The wattage effects the lumens emitted so basically how bright they will appear. Just make sure you get the 5k ones.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Mods undecided about:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users