Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:21 AM
2010KonaBlueGT, on 07 October 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:
Let's see if I can get this right;
Over the years, Alcoa has produced 5 variations of the Forged Dura-Bright wheels for both Ford and Shelby.
1. The 18" GT500KR Dura-Bright wheels for the '08 and '09 KR's. They have "Shelby-Forged-Alcoa-GT500KR" machined into the rims. They are a restricted item, exclusive to current GT500KR owners.
2. The 20" GT500 Super Snake Dura-Bright wheels for the '07 thru '12 Super Snakes (NOT available on '13 Super Snakes). They have "Shelby-Forged-Alcoa-Super Snake" machined into the rims. They are a restricted item, exclusive to current Super Snake owners for WARRANTY REPLACEMENT ONLY (with a core exchange or Police report for stolen wheels).
3. The 20" Mustang "Super Snake" STYLE Dura-Bright wheels that Shelby sold to the General Public (GP) for any Mustang (not exclusive to GT500's). They had "Shelby-Forged" (???) machined into the rims. They were available to the GP until Shelby recently discontinued them.
4. The 20" Mustang "Super Snake" STYLE Dura-bright Fifty Year anniversery wheels that Shelby American just ran a limited run of. They have "Shelby-Forged-Alcoa-Fifty Years" machined into the rims. They were in unlimited quantities to anyone willing to place a $500 deposit per set on them and apparently there are some VERY limited quantities still available through Shelby vendors and possibly unclaimed "sold" sets/units.
5. There are also 3 very unique and very rare sets (4) of 20" GT500KR "Prototype" wheels that were made for the GT500KR prototype that currently sits in the Shelby American museum in Las Vegas, Nevada. One set is mounted on the car, another set just recently showed up on e-bay (and very quickly disappeared) and Lord only knows where the third set ended up. I hope with Shelby LV.
Only two minor notes I'll add: The stamping on this final run of wheels is "SHELBY - FORGED - FIFTY - YEARS". The word "Alcoa" does not appear on it. Also, this was not set up the way some people suspect. We cut the deal and committed to a BIG quantity with Alcoa, THEN started the Pre-Order program. It's not like we just opened up the sales to "take cash and see how many would sell". When we put it on sale, I was already committed, and the number was limited from the start. We didn't limit retail customer quantities, that is true, however. Just some clarity.
Thanks again for saving me all the typing! LOL...
Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/ReVan Racing/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Lethal Performance intercooler tank, Shelby tensioner support brace, Ford Racing laser-etched blue cam covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, the latest hood scoop & stripes, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watt's link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.
Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner. No longer eligible for judging.
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides
That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.
UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
Biggest UPDATE of ALL: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012.