Photo

GT500KR Center Cap for 20" Alcoa Wheels!

gt500kr center cap alcoa

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

These KR-specific center caps fit the 20" Alcoa wheels and are are only available to GT500KR owners.
A perfect addition to the new "Fifty Years" Limited Edition Forged Wheel set.

Notes:
Sold in a set of 4 for $149.99

Restricted Access Part: NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE
CSM number required for purchase.
Available to 08-09 GT500KR owners ONLY.
Proof of registration required.
Vehicle must be in Shelby Registry.
Call Wendy C. at 702.405.3500 to order.

Attached File  KR ALCOA 20 INCH CAP.jpg   46.83KB   48 downloads
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#2 OFFLINE   JWZ

JWZ

Team Shelby New Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 226 posts
  • Joined 25-June 08

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

Those look great! Will get a set ordered today. Thanks again, Jer!

#3 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

Those look great! Will get a set ordered today. Thanks again, Jer!

Thank YOU for your support!

:salute:

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Lift #15

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#4 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 626 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:26 AM

Just had the wife call and ordered me the 20" wheel and brake fluid caps. :)

Edited by sheppd01, 10 October 2012 - 08:58 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   08KR525

08KR525

08KR525

• Great Lakes Region
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Family, Performance vehicles, antiques.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Wendy just called & I got my order placed. Now that's service. Thanks, Jer and SPP.
" My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people; those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition." - Indira Ghandi.

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

#6 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

Wendy just called & I got my order placed. Now that's service. Thanks, Jer and SPP.

:beerchug:

Jer

Lift #15

#7 OFFLINE   Mustangcollector

Mustangcollector

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 25-March 12
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Family, Shelbys and Mustangs!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

I have a serious question for folks here, because I think others are in the same dilemma. I love these KR-specific center caps, but I don't have any 20" wheels (yet). I couldn't afford to buy the wheels Jer worked hard to get for everyone, but in the next year that could be possible. I can, however, afford $149 for the KR center caps and I do not want to miss out on this KR-specific item since I figure it is in short quantity.

My question is this...should I buy the center caps now, before they disappear, thinking that I can get a set of 20" Alcoas in the future when I have the money for them? Or, is this a non-starter since the 20" wheels won't be available ever again?

1967 Mustang Coupe - Black
1987 Mustang LX Convertible - Black
1965 Mustang Coupe - Dynasty Green
2010 Mustang GT Convertible - Candy Red
2012 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Black
2008 Shelby GT500KR - Black

#8 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 626 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

There will always be wheels that could be found on EBay and other sites. The problem with that is the price will only rise as time goes on. I say buy the caps and get the wheels when you can.
After December there might be a few wheels available from SPP, but once available they will be gone in a flash.
You would have to be quick.

You could also just by new black 18" KR rims and for less money.

#9 OFFLINE   frank bullitt

frank bullitt

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Hockey, Health, Mustangs

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

I have a serious question for folks here, because I think others are in the same dilemma. I love these KR-specific center caps, but I don't have any 20" wheels (yet). I couldn't afford to buy the wheels Jer worked hard to get for everyone, but in the next year that could be possible. I can, however, afford $149 for the KR center caps and I do not want to miss out on this KR-specific item since I figure it is in short quantity.

My question is this...should I buy the center caps now, before they disappear, thinking that I can get a set of 20" Alcoas in the future when I have the money for them? Or, is this a non-starter since the 20" wheels won't be available ever again?

If you're keeping the KR long term, buy what you can afford to now, as it will likely be cheaper than down the road. The future will look after itself. If you buy 20's down the road and they have caps, sell them to a nice KR owner who missed out and make a little extra jingle. It's usually this little stuff that becomes difficult to find down the road.

Frank Bullitt

#10 OFFLINE   YZD263

YZD263

Team Shelby Member

• Team Shelby Club Member
  • 1,906 posts
  • Joined 25-February 07
  • Interests:Cars, Pro Football, F1 Racing

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

Just placed my order yesterday for these; I already ordered the shifter knob and billet fuel door the day before. Thanks Jer for making these happen for KR owners! Now the only item that would be missing for me would be the engraved brake fluid reservoir cover that matches the fuse box cover. Hoping these are brought back soon for both '08 and '09 owners.
2009 Shelby GT500 KR
Vista Blue, Silver Stripes

Purchased 10-21-11

CSM 09KR0628

#11 OFFLINE   08KR525

08KR525

08KR525

• Great Lakes Region
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

+1 YDZ263! Do you already have the brake fluid cap?;

Edited by 08KR525, 13 October 2012 - 07:03 AM.

" My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people; those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition." - Indira Ghandi.

#12 OFFLINE   YZD263

YZD263

Team Shelby Member

• 1,906 posts
  • Joined 25-February 07

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

+1 YDZ263! Do you already have the brake fluid cap?;

I do have the brake fluid cap. The only dress up part that I am missing for now is the brake fluid reservoir cover.
2009 Shelby GT500 KR

Purchased 10-21-11

CSM 09KR0628

#13 OFFLINE   shelbypt

shelbypt

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 713 posts
  • Joined 05-October 08
  • Region:Decline

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

I'm in for the center caps!! I'll call tomorrow.
I posted this in the parts section earlier. The master cylinder cover was made for the smaller of the two master cylinders. If you have an early 08, the master cylinder was larger and this cover would not fit on it. I had bought the first one, it was sitting on a tool box at the Shelby store during the 11 Shelby bash. First, they didn't want to sell it, but they did. When I found out that it didn't fit, I told Robert and then sent it back. At the time, we didn't even realize there were two different size master cylinders.
[color="#4169e1"]2008 Shelby GT500KR CSM #08KR0301 Silver Metallic with Blue stripes and Navigation.
A Virtuous Man is a Man of Moderation, and has a KR.

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   08KR525

08KR525

08KR525

• Great Lakes Region
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

I followed up with this a couple a months ago first with SPP then the gift shop and then the mod center and no one knew what I was talking about or seemed interested in finding out. Hopefully with Jer on board at SPP these could be offered. They are identical to the ones offered by Moroso, but were engraved with the KR logo like the fuse box covers as others have posted. Moroso offers both master cylinder styles so I know all SPP would have to do is get with the manufacturer and whomever engraves these. I think they would be a hit for the SS, SGT and other models as well. :drool:

#15 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

I followed up with this a couple a months ago first with SPP then the gift shop and then the mod center and no one knew what I was talking about or seemed interested in finding out. Hopefully with Jer on board at SPP these could be offered. They are identical to the ones offered by Moroso, but were engraved with the KR logo like the fuse box covers as others have posted. Moroso offers both master cylinder styles so I know all SPP would have to do is get with the manufacturer and whomever engraves these. I think they would be a hit for the SS, SGT and other models as well. :drool:

Stay tuned, I should have news for you all this week.

Jer

Lift #15

#16 OFFLINE   LuckySnake

LuckySnake

LuckySnake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,541 posts
  • Joined 11-May 06
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Cars & Planes
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hello,
Is there any chance that GT500 owners could get a set of these caps without the kr lettering? I like the style.

Thank you,
Blayne

Edited by LuckySnake, 14 October 2012 - 02:34 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

Hello,
Is there any chance that GT500 owners could get a set of these caps without the kr lettering? I like the style.

Thank you,
Blayne

I don't believe so, but I can look into it for you.

Jer

Lift #15

#18 OFFLINE   LuckySnake

LuckySnake

LuckySnake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,541 posts
  • Joined 11-May 06
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Jer

Thanks Jer!

#19 OFFLINE   08KR525

08KR525

08KR525

• Great Lakes Region
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

Caps came in today. They're FANTASTIC! Thanks Jer and SPP. Also TVS was delivered a short time later. It's like Christmas in October. Now I just need three more 20" plain Alcoas. Lol.

#20 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

Caps came in today. They're FANTASTIC! Thanks Jer and SPP.

You're welcome! Thanks for your support!

Jer

Lift #15

#21 OFFLINE   LuckySnake

LuckySnake

LuckySnake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,541 posts
  • Joined 11-May 06
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Jer

Bump for interest. Thx

#22 OFFLINE   YZD263

YZD263

Team Shelby Member

• 1,906 posts
  • Joined 25-February 07

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

Just received my caps yesterday night. They look great! Glad that these were made available to KR owners. Thanks Jer and SPP!
2009 Shelby GT500 KR

Purchased 10-21-11

CSM 09KR0628

#23 OFFLINE   txcobra

txcobra

Mustang Addict

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Joined 26-December 06

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

I am ordering mine Monday. I just want to say thanks Jer, you have really demonstrated the commitment of SPP to listen to the owners and provide the parts we are asking for. I know these small batch runs are not easy to do sometimes, but we do appreciate it!
Sigpic.jpg

Current Stable:Stable:
'69 Mach 1 - Royal Maroon, 428 CJ, Shaker Hood, C6, Air, PS, PB, etc
'08 Shelby GT500KR - Torch Red, 40th Anniversary - CSM 08KR0398
'14 F150 RAPTOR - SCrew, Race Red, Every Option
'13 Shelby GT500 - Candy red, black stripes, every option but cover

http://www.austinareastangs.com

#24 OFFLINE   terumi71

terumi71

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 10-June 10

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

I am ordering mine Monday. I just want to say thanks Jer, you have really demonstrated the commitment of SPP to listen to the owners and provide the parts we are asking for. I know these small batch runs are not easy to do sometimes, but we do appreciate it!

+1

A refreshing change that SPP very much needed. Very impressed so far.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\My Documents\KR!

#25 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

+1

A refreshing change that SPP very much needed. Very impressed so far.

Thanks, everyone!!!!!
If there's one thing I want to communicate to Shelby owners: I'M ONE OF YOU. Shelby hired me knowing full well that I intended to create the environment *I* wanted as a Shelby owner, and John Luft has supported me 100% from the beginning. The fun has only just begun!

Jer

Lift #15

#26 OFFLINE   09KR0058

09KR0058

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 913 posts
  • Joined 16-April 09
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:09KR0058

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

Anyone have pics of these caps mounted on the wheel?
2009 GT500KR CSM 09KR0058
2010 F150 Lariat Supercrew

Posted Image

#27 OFFLINE   txcobra

txcobra

Mustang Addict

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Joined 26-December 06

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

Snapped a couple of pics with my phone, sorry for the crappy quality. Let me know if you are looking for a particular shot. I love em!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by txcobra, 19 November 2012 - 10:05 PM.

Sigpic.jpg

Current Stable:Stable:
'69 Mach 1 - Royal Maroon, 428 CJ, Shaker Hood, C6, Air, PS, PB, etc
'08 Shelby GT500KR - Torch Red, 40th Anniversary - CSM 08KR0398
'14 F150 RAPTOR - SCrew, Race Red, Every Option
'13 Shelby GT500 - Candy red, black stripes, every option but cover

http://www.austinareastangs.com

#28 OFFLINE   JWZ

JWZ

Team Shelby New Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 226 posts
  • Joined 25-June 08

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

Snapped a couple of pics with my phone, sorry for the crappy quality. Let me know if you are looking for a particular shot. I love em!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Those look Great!! Thanks for sharing!

#29 OFFLINE   CrzyHorse

CrzyHorse

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts
  • Joined 23-February 09

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Hey Jer,