Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 675 posts
  • Joined 03-September 12
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Banjo, fishing
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Sorry to hear about your 'loss', but it's good to use your head in financial/family matters.

Edited by Wayne in NJ, 26 November 2012 - 07:58 PM.

canada12_zps925e5371.jpg

'The Black Racer': Menegon Head, Shadow 3" SV, 3" FWDP exhaust, Spearco T1 Log Intercooler, Shelby 525 LSD

#32 OFFLINE   msr1011

msr1011

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 20-December 09
  • Interests:Family, friends, dogs, cars, movies and shooting.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Hey Dustin, I'm glad to hear you and your wife are enjoying the Shelby.
08 GT500 Performance White w/Vista Blue stripes-Sold 10/12

New ride as of 12/12
08 GT500 Performance white w/red stripes convertible

Other rides: 2004 Toyota Tundra-daily driver
Wife's ride: 2012 Lexus IS250 F-Sport

#33 OFFLINE   Hlyshft

Hlyshft

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 16-November 12
  • Region:Other
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

Matt, a little bird told me that there is a possibility of you rejoining the Shelby family sooner rather than later... I even got to see pictures of what might be and love it, great color combo.

Hope that goes well for you and it would be nice to hang out at the Shelby Bash this year.
"The GT500 is thrilling, if you enjoy handling unexploded ordinance: the hair-trigger throttle, aggressive clutch bite and neck-jerking low-end torque demand fearful respect, especially on the street." -autos.yahoo.com

#34 OFFLINE   Shelbyville

Shelbyville

Team Shelby New Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 407 posts
  • Joined 04-February 08
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

After much thought, I sold my 2008 GT500 today. I owned for about three years and put 9k miles on it. I was getting way over my head with it and I could not stop buying more parts and accessories for it, so it had to go. It was a very tough decision to make, but the wife and I are buying a house next year, so I had to start sheding some overhead and debt. I only lost 2k dollars from the price I paid for it two years ago and I put about 10k worth of aftermarket parts on it. I was able to sell the Shelby, pay off my debt and still have cash in my pocket. I just ordered a 2013 Raptor and my payments on it will be cheaper than the Shelby.

The Shelby went to a good home. I was just hoping for it to go out of state or across town, but NO, the new owners live across the street from my sister!

We (wife and I) are very thankful to all of the wonderful Shelby friends we have met over the years at the Bash and at Fabulous Fords Forever. I will be at both next year, just look for a white colored 2013 Raptor!

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What have you done??!!! :drop: :cry:

2008 Shelby GT500 White w/ Black Stripes (1 of 80)

All factory options except 1000 and Nav. (1 of 38 w/ red int.)

Aftermarket - Shelby Signed Dash Plaque and Sills, TVG Cobra Valve Stem Caps, Street SceneTail Light Trim, Shelby Brake Ducts, J&M LCA's, Shelby KR Mufflers, Cobra Fuse Box Cover, Stillen Hood Struts, Shelby Black Fuel Door, Shelby Dead Pedal, Stillen Front and Rear Drilled/Slotted Rotors, FRPP CAI, VMP Tune, Bangastang Radiator Cover, Ford GT500 2010 Shift Knob, Painted Strut Tower Brace, Stack Racing Sequential Tail Lights, Shelby Alloy Engine Caps, "VENOM" License Plate, 2010 Ford Clutch, FRPP 3.73s, FRPP Diff. Cover, MGW shifter, FRPP Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Updated Front Lower Control Arms, Ford Axle Vent Update, FRPP Blue Valve Covers, Ford Racing Polished Al Coil Covers, G2 Red Painted Brembos, 2.6 Pulley, Metco Idler, S H E L B Y letters across decklid, PHRP H-pipe, Custom Machined BBS BOSS 302R Wheels, Custom Machined Locks & Lugs, Nitto NT 555 Tires, Electric passenger seat.

#35 OFFLINE   oliver1539

oliver1539

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 07-February 10

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

After much thought, I sold my 2008 GT500 today. I owned for about three years and put 9k miles on it. I was getting way over my head with it and I could not stop buying more parts and accessories for it, so it had to go. It was a very tough decision to make, but the wife and I are buying a house next year, so I had to start sheding some overhead and debt. I only lost 2k dollars from the price I paid for it two years ago and I put about 10k worth of aftermarket parts on it. I was able to sell the Shelby, pay off my debt and still have cash in my pocket. I just ordered a 2013 Raptor and my payments on it will be cheaper than the Shelby.

The Shelby went to a good home. I was just hoping for it to go out of state or across town, but NO, the new owners live across the street from my sister!

We (wife and I) are very thankful to all of the wonderful Shelby friends we have met over the years at the Bash and at Fabulous Fords Forever. I will be at both next year, just look for a white colored 2013 Raptor!

Sorry to hear about having to sell the Shelby. On another note, you will love the Raptor!! I have the molten orange with the luxury package and cannot drive it enough. The Raptor rides like a cloud. I get as much or more attention in the Raptor as I do the Shelby. When my wife and I take trips we drive the Raptor because of the room and how comfortable it is. We drove to Ohio over Thanksgiving and three different peolpe gave us the "thumbs up" just on the way there.
If you decide to look at a few mods I would suggest the middle perch mod and nice cat back exhaust. Enjoy the truck, you will love it.

Steve O.
2007 GT500 Performance white w/viper blue stripes
Whipple 2.9
Diablosport Mafia
JLT CAI
L&M TB
Slp loudmouth exhaust
FRPP 373 gears
HP: 675 RWHP
Torque: 647 RWTQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users