Photo

NVH increase with LCA & UCA upgrade (W/poly bushings)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   Tob

Tob

Neo Rapscallion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • Joined 25-November 08
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Organizing my sock drawer.

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

I just wanted to establish a basic principle that will serve most situations best: "Load it before you torque it".
I would also add: "Then check it after a day or two!"

Jer

Excellent practices, both of them!

#32 OFFLINE   Secondo

Secondo

Stangs Unleashed and Team Shelby Member since 2006

• Northeast Region
  • 7,212 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Raising my 3 boys!!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Replaced my stock U & LCA bushings on the stock parts with Prothane polyurethane bushings over 3 years ago- no noticeable change in NVH, no issues either.

These photos were taken at Shelby American. These trucks (2016 Shelby F150's built by Tuscany Motor Company)  are certainly Shelby's just like every other car bearing Carroll's name. If you want details make sure to ask Gary Patterson. He will be on the road most of this summer showing our cars off. He spearheaded this venture and has all the details.  

That's not correct. Carroll signed a licensing agreement with Ford for them to use the GT350 nameplate. Just want to keep things factual. Carroll not only knew about the Ford built GT350 but gave Ford his blessing to do so.

Steve

for the record, SAI doesnt build anything. they MODIFY cars that the Ford staff engineers and BUILDS. Like it or not, SAI is in the modification business using aftermarket parts (many of which are engineered by Ford, Ford Racing and Ford Performance). They are no more and no less a "Shelby" than those manufactured straight from the Ford factory. 

fear.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users