#1 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

http://www.shelbysto...ver-p/74220.htm

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#2 OFFLINE   08KR525

08KR525

08KR525

• Great Lakes Region
  • 819 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Family, Performance vehicles, antiques.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

This is by far the best looking fuse box cover imo. Be sure to take the stock cover off before installing the aluminum one over top the stock one. The plastic tabs on the stock cover are easily damaged.
" My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people; those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition." - Indira Ghandi.

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

#3 OFFLINE   dvups1

dvups1

Team Shelby New Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 22-March 10
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Texas Holdem Poker, Family, Local car shows, Saltwater Aquariums

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Thanks Jer. Keep up the good work :). I'll get that order right in. Oh yeah, I love my KR fuel door.

#4 OFFLINE   belltr

belltr

Proud Member of The KR Owners Club

• Northeast Region
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 23-February 10
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:My new KR, Photography

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

If I remember correctly you keep the plastic cover under this one so it fits correctly.. The plastic cover snaps in place inside this one. I think.. can anyone chime in if they remember or I could go and pop the hood. :camera:
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   fcettner

fcettner

09KR0453

• South Atlantic Region
  • 452 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:NASCAR Racing (Go Greg Biffle), Fords, Football (Go Steelers) and Baseball (Reds). My Shelby 09KR and other Fords I always seem get my hands on. Check out my video!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

Tim - I think you should pop the hood....just saying :happy feet:

#6 OFFLINE   08KR525

08KR525

08KR525

• Great Lakes Region
  • 819 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09
  • Interests:Family, Performance vehicles, antiques.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

If I remember correctly you keep the plastic cover under this one so it fits correctly.. The plastic cover snaps in place inside this one. I think.. can anyone chime in if they remember or I could go and pop the hood. :camera:

You're correct. The stock cover is still utilized. I wasn't clear on that. I just don't want anyone to ruin their stock cover like I did by trying to install it with the stock cover still in place. It needs to be removed, then placed inside the aluminum cover before the two mated covers are reinstalled over the fuse box together.
" My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people; those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition." - Indira Ghandi.

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

#7 OFFLINE   mlane73

mlane73

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 07-March 11
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

Can anyone post a pic of this installed?
Thx
mlane

2005 Ford GT Black Stripe Delete
2008 Shelby GT500KR Torch Red

#8 OFFLINE   IASHELBYGT

IASHELBYGT

White Lightning with 66 DNA

• Northern Plains Region
  • 1,692 posts
  • Joined 29-March 06
  • Region:Northern Plains
  • Interests:Shelby & Ford Vehicles and Iowa Hawkeye sports.

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Actually more helpful would be to see how the two covers fit together and then on to the fuse box.. I'm interested to know how the cover now clips into place.
IASHELBYGT- IOWA CITY, IOWA - HAWKEYE FAN

2006 Legend Lime GT Automatic w/Camel Leather. Interior upgrade w/satin aluminum panel, active anti-theft and 17" machined aluminum wheels. 1/1,790 produced in Legend Lime.
2007 Performance White 5-speed SGT w/light graphite leather. Interior upgrade w/satin aluminum panel, active anti-theft & wheel locking kit. 1/1,771 white 5-speeds produced, 1/639 with light graphite interior.
2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 6-Speed w/charcol black cloth bucket. Recaro sport seats/Helical differenial, Boss car cover, boss floor mats. 1/429 produced in grabber blue.

#9 OFFLINE   MustBD2

MustBD2

MustBD2

• Great Lakes Region
  • 345 posts
  • Joined 10-April 08

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

It sure would be nice if they came with some instructions! Mine is in the box waiting for installation. Just needed to find a few minutes to spare. Glad I read about removing and installing the plastic cover inside the cover.
2008 Shelby GT500 Black Coupe
Super Snake CSM# 08SS0281
#65 of 427 Edition

2007 Shelby GT500 Convertible
Build Date: 08/18/06

2010 F-150 SVT Raptor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users