Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,014 posts
  • Joined 10-January 11
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:hockey, family, weight lifting, cars

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Jer, when can we expect to see more details on the wide body kit that was discussed about a month ago?

~ NMAv

2011 highly modified Shelby GT500 with SVTPP (Kona Blue)

#2 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Jer, when can we expect to see more details on the wide body kit that was discussed about a month ago?

That kit will be released soon. It is currently available as a Shelby-installed option, and will soon be offered as a ready-to-go kit customers can buy to have installed by their favorite bodyshop.
There will be a 2005-2009 version, and a 2010+ version.
We're working now to get it "ready for prime time", figuring out the contents, packaging, etc.
Bottom line: It will be very complete, easy to install, and very very cool.

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#3 OFFLINE   UCLAman

UCLAman

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 204 posts
  • Joined 09-June 10
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hey Jer if you need a car to confirm fitment and/or have the SA folks practice installing the wide body kit, they're welcome to my car!! Hell, you guys can just keep the car till the Alcoas come in. Just get the rear wheels widened and slap them on! B)

Edited by UCLAman, 17 October 2012 - 05:33 PM.

Posted Image

50th Ford Cobra Shelby Reunion - 07-12 GT 500 Show Favorite
NHRA Museum Pomona, CA 4/21/12

#4 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

Hey Jer if you need a car to confirm fitment and/or have the SA folks practice installing the wide body kit, they're welcome to my car!! Hell, you guys can just keep the car till the Alcoas come in. Just get the rear wheels widened and slap them on! B)

Yeah, *I* tried that in a meeting myself, happily offering my car as a test mule... LOL

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Lift #15

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#5 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 12,044 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:CARS. I have owned well over 200 Cars since 1979 with most being Mustangs. I recently sold the 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 "SMI Sportster" Prototype as well as the "CS-89 TRIBUTE" HAULER Prototype based on my 2010 Ford Ranger. From January 1, 1999 to December 31, 2004 I was contracted with Carroll Shelby to produce the limited "TRIBUTE EDITION SHELBY" Mustangs using 1994 to 2005 Mustangs. www.davidThawkins.com

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:40 AM

Will this Kit be available to ANYONE or do you have to own a Shelby to buy it? Any idea on a Price yet? Ball Park it if need be.

#6 OFFLINE   - Aj -

- Aj -

500HP LOL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 02-March 11

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

There will be a 2005-2009 version

Jer

This is the best part!

aNF4ivd.jpg
~JLT 123mm CF CAI~VMP 2.59 Pulley/90mm Idler~
~L&M 66m Throttle Body~Ported Stock Eaton Elbow~
~Dynatech Headers~Borla Touring Axleback~Shelby Heat Exchanger~
~FRPP Shifter~Shelby Handling Kit~Eibach Pro Kit~
~BMR Rear Lower Control Arms/Reloc Brackets~BMR Panhard Bar & Brace~
~SVTT 19"/20" Wheels~
Nitto NT555R 315/35/20~
~2010+ Updated Trans~Shelby Hood Lift Kit~Shelby Supersnake Hood~

Pics

#7 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

Will this Kit be available to ANYONE or do you have to own a Shelby to buy it? Any idea on a Price yet? Ball Park it if need be.

Available to all, sold through us here at Shelby Performance Parts. Price TBA soon...

BTW, you guys talking about it made me have to walk out to look at it again. It's REALLY cool.

Jer

Lift #15

#8 OFFLINE   NMAv

NMAv

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,014 posts
  • Joined 10-January 11

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

Available to all, sold through us here at Shelby Performance Parts. Price TBA soon...

BTW, you guys talking about it made me have to walk out to look at it again. It's REALLY cool.

Jer

How about a few different pictures just to wet the appetite?? I'd really like a rear end shot from a low angle to get a better idea of the width and potential added traction with those wider tires.

~ NMAv

#9 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

But Jer what about that guardsman blue paint job to match with the widebody kit? :)
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
Front splitter curb alert system
Super snake carbon fiber splitter
APR Performance carbon fiber mirror assembly
JLT CF resonator delete w/blue airaid Filter
Shelby transmission cooler scoope
BMR UCA with Mount, BMR adjustable panhard bar
Bob's billet LCA and bob's oil separator
FRPP springs
HRE p40 w/Michelin Super sport tires

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#10 ONLINE   Al G.

Al G.

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 429 posts
  • Joined 03-January 10
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Jer

At least you can go look at it. I have to rely on my pictures from Barrett Jackson while I wait for mine. The GTS with rear wide body is on order but the base car won't be delivered by Ford until about December 1.

More pictures would be great. I was never able to get the low angle rear end shot at Barrett Jackson because of the crowds and lighting. I'd like to see that view.
Al

CSX6045 - Intense Blue Pearl, 468 ci Shelby aluminum engine, 550 hp, 5-speed Tremec
2013 GTS, 13GTS0032, Gotta Have it Green, black stripes and wheels, rear wide body, naturally aspirated 5.0, automatic

Posted Image Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   UCLAman

UCLAman

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 204 posts
  • Joined 09-June 10

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

How about a few different pictures just to wet the appetite?? I'd really like a rear end shot from a low angle to get a better idea of the width and potential added traction with those wider tires.

+1 to some pics. Trying to figure out how to justify this one to the wife!! :headscratch: The Alcoas were a wedding anniversary/X-mas gift parlay. What's left Valentine's/B-day gift?? Or do I go MLK/Presidents Day/Easter gift??

Jer, you doing this to me ---> :drop:

Edited by UCLAman, 18 October 2012 - 04:59 PM.

Posted Image

50th Ford Cobra Shelby Reunion - 07-12 GT 500 Show Favorite
NHRA Museum Pomona, CA 4/21/12

#12 OFFLINE   Green Mojavi

Green Mojavi

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 188 posts
  • Joined 28-February 12

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

+1 to some pics. Trying to figure out how to justify this one to the wife!! :headscratch: The Alcoas where a wedding anniversary/X-mas gift parlay. What's left Valentine's/B-day gift?? Or do I go MLK/Presidents Day/Easter gift??

Jer, you doing this to me ---> :drop:

:rockon: :hysterical2: True! True! True!!! I'm tapprd out till Apr 2013 (B-day) trying to parlay XMass into a small pulley/ header and exhaust + tune :) good luck on your end!

#13 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

The 2010+ kit is no problem, I'll post more pix soon.
The 2005-2009 kit is not officially "released" yet. But it won't be long.

Jer

Lift #15

#14 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

:rockon: :hysterical2: True! True! True!!! I'm tapprd out till Apr 2013 (B-day) trying to parlay XMass into a small pulley/ header and exhaust + tune :) good luck on your end!

I know how you all feel!
Remember, I'm not just an employee of Shelby American, I'm also a client.
I've been buying a bunch of parts for my latest project: a total rear end rebuild. New upper control arm bracket and adjustable control arm, de-rusting and painting the axle housing, 3.73 gears, Eaton True-Trac diff, new diff cover, Moser axles, ARP studs, new bearings and seals, Baer Extreme+ rear brakes... whew!

I subscribe to the lazy man's theory: "May as well do it all while I'm IN there"!

Jer

Lift #15

#15 OFFLINE   NMAv

NMAv

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,014 posts
  • Joined 10-January 11

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

I've been buying a bunch of parts for my latest project: a total rear end rebuild.

Are you staying with the 8.8 or going to a 9 inch rear?

~ NMAv

#16 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Are you staying with the 8.8 or going to a 9 inch rear?

8.8.... If I was going to a 9, I would have just bought a pre-built Moser/Strange/Mark Williams setup. But I got a killer deal on a used (500 miles) Eaton posi, so...

Jer

Lift #15

#17 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Back on topic,

Here's a better shot of how much tire the widebody puts down.

Jer

Attached File  widebody tire 1.jpg   89.57KB   458 downloads

Lift #15

#18 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

But Jer what about that guardsman blue paint job to match with the widebody kit? :)

Nope!

Jer

Lift #15

#19 OFFLINE   NMAv

NMAv

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,014 posts
  • Joined 10-January 11

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Back on topic,

Here's a better shot of how much tire the widebody puts down.

Jer

Attached File  widebody tire 1.jpg   89.57KB   458 downloads

Thanks.

~ NMAv

#20 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

You're welcome!

Jer

Lift #15

#21 ONLINE   Al G.

Al G.

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 429 posts
  • Joined 03-January 10
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

Jer,
Thanks for the picture. This wait is going to be hard.
Al

CSX6045 - Intense Blue Pearl, 468 ci Shelby aluminum engine, 550 hp, 5-speed Tremec
2013 GTS, 13GTS0032, Gotta Have it Green, black stripes and wheels, rear wide body, naturally aspirated 5.0, automatic

Posted Image Posted Image

#22 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:56 AM

Jer how does this piece attach? Isn't the fender panel all the way up to the roof all one piece? Wouldn't we need to pull that whole thing apart to install this?
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#23 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

No. It mounts at the body line.

Somewhat hard to describe it here, but Page 122 of the new Shelby 2012 Annual magazine has a complete article with installation pix.
Get a copy, and it will detail it for you.

We should have it available online any day now (or today, possibly).

Jer

Lift #15

#24 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

No. It mounts at the body line.

Somewhat hard to describe it here, but Page 122 of the new Shelby 2012 Annual magazine has a complete article with installation pix.
Get a copy, and it will detail it for you.

We should have it available online any day now (or today, possibly).

Jer

Where would I go to see it? If i want to read it online?

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Mods undecided about:

#25 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

Where would I go to see it? If i want to read it online?

No, the MAGAZINE will be available for sale online.

Jer

Lift #15

#26 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

No, the MAGAZINE will be available for sale online.

Jer

Oh I see. What is it called? Just 2012 shelby something like that? Also is there a magazine with a very in depth build of the shelby 1000? If so whats the title for that one too?

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Mods undecided about:

#27 OFFLINE   Tob

Tob

Neo Rapscallion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Joined 25-November 08

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Jer, that wide body 'wingless' car looks absolutely spectacular. And while I'll be picking the magazine up somewhere, whenever it becomes available - I gotta know:

- Does the kit utilize the stock bumper? I'm just wondering if all you do is spread it open a bit and bolt it to the new quarters...

- Do you end up cutting the existing sheetmetal fender lip off and then just bond-in a horizontal extension for the wheelwell that then meets the new quarter?

#28 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

Jer, that wide body 'wingless' car looks absolutely spectacular. And while I'll be picking the magazine up somewhere, whenever it becomes available - I gotta know:

- Does the kit utilize the stock bumper? I'm just wondering if all you do is spread it open a bit and bolt it to the new quarters...

- Do you end up cutting the existing sheetmetal fender lip off and then just bond-in a horizontal extension for the wheelwell that then meets the new quarter?

Yes.
No.

Jer

Lift #15

#29 OFFLINE   Amigo GT500

Amigo GT500

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,410 posts
  • Joined 05-July 11
  • Interests:Harley Davidson Motorcycles

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

A friend of mine delivered his car in Vegas yesterday for the SS conversion and he sent me these pictures. The GTS is in the showroom.....Jer: It's awesome!! i had the opportunity to see in person when I was there a month ago and looking it again makes me that I want it!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake - CSM 12SS0214 - Performance White, Black Stripes, Black Wheels, Wide Body

1989 Shelby Dakota #180 - Engine Serial Number KN652001809 - White, Black & Silver Stripes (1 of 500)

2003 Shelby Pagsta Mini Motorcycle - VIN 1J9RR11573C273523 (1 of 25) - Blue, Silver Tribal. Signed by Carroll Shelby

2011 Shelby Felt Bicycle - #SF134 (1 of 500) - White, Blue Stripes

I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict. Carroll Shelby

#30 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

A friend of mine delivered his car in Vegas yesterday for the SS conversion and he sent me these pictures. The GTS is in the showroom.....Jer: It's awesome!! i had the opportunity to see in person when I was there a month ago and looking it again makes me that I want it!!

The '05-'09 kit is no less stunning. I was staring at it yesterday, it's just MEAN. And it's very well integrated, doesn't look like an add-on.

Jer

Lift #15

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users