182 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   SSSNAKE

SSSNAKE

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,385 posts
  • Joined 03-July 07

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Just checked with the team and inspected the four verts currently in process... it's not practical.
The rear quarter is SO deeply integrated into the structure, welded in so many places, that removal from the car is a SERIOUS project. NOTHING like the front fenders.

As for pix, turns out they are all customer cars, so we generally don't allow posting of those, sorry.

Jer

Yeah, I never really checked closly, just eyeballed it,............bummer.

But thanks for the effort anyway Jer,

Took a survey, you still get to keep the compliments, :).

#182 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Yeah, I never really checked closly, just eyeballed it,............bummer.

But thanks for the effort anyway Jer,

Took a survey, you still get to keep the compliments, :).

LOL... funny stuff, man.
Yeah, that back section is NOT like older cars (bolt on/bolt off)... In the words of my Body Shop Supervisor, "You'd pay the widebody install price just to get it OFF again!"

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#183 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

2010 + Widebody Kits NOW AVAILABLE FROM SPP!
http://www.shelbysto...uct-p/wbk-1.htm

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users