#1 OFFLINE   springer

springer

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Joined 29-September 09

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

I finally pulled the trigger on a 2007 GT/CS convertible today with 29,000 miles. It belonged to an acquaintance of mine I met several years ago thru my Harley mechanic. I ran into him at Lowe's a couple weeks ago and while we talked, I told him about my GT/SC which was out in the parking lot. As we talked more, he told me owned a 2007 version of my car. I explained to my friend that they didn't make GT/SC convertibles in 2007 and he said that they did - that it was the first year for the "California Special." My ears perked up then and I explained to him that my car was an Shelby "SC" not a CS and additionally explained to him that the SC meant that it had been supercharged. We walked out of Lowe's and Bill came over to check out my Shelby. We exchanged comments on the similarities between our cars, and when we finished, he invited me over to check out his California Special. We left Lowe's and were soon out at his spread admiring his GT/CS convertible. As I looked the car over, he told me that he was getting ready to sell the car. He said that he and the wife rarely go anywhere in the car, and that he's lucky if it gets driven once a month. As I looked the car over, I couldn't believe the condition it was in. It looked virtually brand new, with not a scratch, ding or flaw anywhere. The car was beautiful. It took me about 10 days to get my thoughts together and decide to call and make an offer on the car. My offer was accepted and I picked-up the CS today where it has a new home next to my 2008 Shelby GT/SC.

I started to do some research on the CS Mustangs and realized that 2007 was the first year that the California Specials were reintroduced since they were discontinued in 1968. I believe there were a little over 700 convertibles made in 2007 which is not many.

Anyhow, I love the car and enjoy it being an automatic. Can't wait to get some time behind the wheel

Attached Files

If the game is rigged, you can't lose if you don't play!
Shelby Baer Extreme brakes, CS 69 wheels
Shelby installed Revan heat exchanger
Shelby installed Diablo Predator tune

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   NordicShelby

NordicShelby

Team Shelby Member

• Northern Plains Region
  • 4,211 posts
  • Joined 24-June 08
  • Region:Northern Plains

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:23 AM

You should see if Shelby can turn it into a Shelby Supercharged.

Nice looking ride.

#3 OFFLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,864 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07
  • Region:Decline

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

You should see if Shelby can turn it into a Shelby Supercharged.

Nice looking ride.

The Shelby Supercharged model has been discontinued and the SGT/SC upgrade is only available for the Shelby GT & GTH cars.

But the Shelby Speed Shop could certainly add a SC upgrade to the car.

http://www.shelbyams.com/

Steve

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@ShelbyAmerican.com

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#4 OFFLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,632 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06
  • Interests:Yes.

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Like driving with the hammer cocked! 2013 GT - Stock! (mostly) off-road pipe -- Flowmasters --Bama Cam tuned - Eibachs -- Nitto NTO5's -- BBK - CAI -- MMD 1/4 Window covers -- 2006 Tacoma Pickup - 119 rwhp! -- Previous Mustangs - 2007 Mustang GT - 474 RWHP - SAE Corrected - : 1985 Black Hatch GT - 1989 Red LX 5.0 Vert - 1991 Grey LX 5.0 Sedan - 2001 White V6 - 2003 Zinc Yellow Mach 1. -

med_gallery_4913_134_10106.jpg

#5 OFFLINE   springer

springer

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Joined 29-September 09

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Thanks gentleman, but it's staying 100% stock like it is. I've done the supercharger route once and I think that was enough for me. Ask Roger, he'll tell you so!
If the game is rigged, you can't lose if you don't play!
Shelby Baer Extreme brakes, CS 69 wheels
Shelby installed Revan heat exchanger
Shelby installed Diablo Predator tune

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users