"The Evilsnake"

• Mountain Region
  • 1,044 posts
  • Joined 17-September 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Mustangs and going fast
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Does anybody know the cam specs used in the Shelby 1000? Like what the duration and lift of the cams are. I know Shelby uses the Comp Cams Shelby blower grind. But how does that compare to the Comp stage 3 blower cams? Is the Shelby blower grind more aggressive than the stage 3 grind? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Image
2010 GT500 Kona Blue - Mods include: Comp Shelby 1000 Grind Cams, Kooks headers, pulleys, suspension system, Baer/Shelby Extreme brakes, basically modded out the wazoo by Shelby American.
Shelby 50th Bash Car Show Class Award Winner

2003 Ford Lightning Black - Mods include: Bassani exhaust, Airaid intake, Hankook Ventus ST tires.

The Man, The Legend
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   super hiss

super hiss

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 496 posts
  • Joined 08-July 12
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Safe upgrades and modifications to better improve what svt started

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

id like to know too, i heard it and it has a rumble...

"There's a few other cars out there that might have most of the features this car has, but they're at least a $100,000 more... the hell with them, we've gotta take care of the people that go out and work for a living and be able to afford our cars" Carroll Shelby

2007 BLK GT 500 W/TUNGSTEN STRIPES *BARTON *BMR *BOBS *BORLA *C&R *DRIVE SHAFT SHOP *FRPP *KENNE BELL *KOOKS *SHELBY *TORSEN

PENDING INSTALL: 2013 BREMBO FRONT BRAKES, L&M "NASTY" CAMS, BOSCH 105LBS INJECTORS, DIAMOND CERAMIC COATED PISTONS, MANLEY FORGED H CONNECTING RODS, ARP 2000 HEAD STUDS, CS40 MACHINED BLACK WHEELS.

NEED TO BUY: GRIGGS RACING TORQUE ARM, BMR L CONTROL ARM RELOCATION BRACKETS, JET HOT COATING FOR HEADERS, REAR BRAKES, FUEL SYSTEM.

#3 ONLINE   66GT350PS

66GT350PS

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 873 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Interests:Travel, car shows, driving and restoration of Mustangs.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

They probably keep that information locked up to prevent self made clones.

#4 OFFLINE   05mustangman

05mustangman

"The Evilsnake"

• Mountain Region
  • 1,044 posts
  • Joined 17-September 09
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

That is absolutely right. I just picked up a set of cams anyways. My car will be up at Shelby Motorsports getting them done on the 20th. Kind of sad that my car will be at Shelby for the bash I won't.
Posted Image
2010 GT500 Kona Blue - Mods include: Comp Shelby 1000 Grind Cams, Kooks headers, pulleys, suspension system, Baer/Shelby Extreme brakes, basically modded out the wazoo by Shelby American.

2003 Ford Lightning Black - Mods include: Bassani exhaust, Airaid intake, Hankook Ventus ST tires.

The Man, The Legend
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   super hiss

super hiss

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 496 posts
  • Joined 08-July 12

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

think you can post a video on this forum when you get your car back? as soon as i get my l&m cams installed ill do the same :)

"There's a few other cars out there that might have most of the features this car has, but they're at least a $100,000 more... the hell with them, we've gotta take care of the people that go out and work for a living and be able to afford our cars" Carroll Shelby

2007 BLK GT 500 W/TUNGSTEN STRIPES *BARTON *BMR *BOBS *BORLA *C&R *DRIVE SHAFT SHOP *FRPP *KENNE BELL *KOOKS *SHELBY *TORSEN

PENDING INSTALL: 2013 BREMBO FRONT BRAKES, L&M "NASTY" CAMS, BOSCH 105LBS INJECTORS, DIAMOND CERAMIC COATED PISTONS, MANLEY FORGED H CONNECTING RODS, ARP 2000 HEAD STUDS, CS40 MACHINED BLACK WHEELS.

NEED TO BUY: GRIGGS RACING TORQUE ARM, BMR L CONTROL ARM RELOCATION BRACKETS, JET HOT COATING FOR HEADERS, REAR BRAKES, FUEL SYSTEM.

#6 OFFLINE   05mustangman

05mustangman

"The Evilsnake"

• Mountain Region
  • 1,044 posts
  • Joined 17-September 09
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

I definitely will! I am very excited for this to get done.
Posted Image

The Man, The Legend
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   SSSNAKE

SSSNAKE

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,400 posts
  • Joined 03-July 07

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

Yeah guys, definately post some video.

Having heard a car with "cams" in the past piqued my interest for sure and I would look forward to hearing both the L&M and the Shelby versions.

#8 OFFLINE   super hiss

super hiss

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 496 posts
  • Joined 08-July 12

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

give me a couple more months, sorry but i have to get the kenne bell on to match the specs mike gave me

#9 OFFLINE   super hiss

super hiss

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 496 posts
  • Joined 08-July 12

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

http://m.youtube.com...QY&feature=plcp

Wow...

#10 OFFLINE   NMAv

NMAv

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  • Joined 10-January 11
  • Interests:hockey, family, weight lifting, cars

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

How about the Shelby version? L&M version sounds nice.

~ NMAv

2011 highly modified Shelby GT500 with SVTPP (Kona Blue)

#11 OFFLINE   SSSNAKE

SSSNAKE

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,400 posts
  • Joined 03-July 07

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

I'm assuming that the motor was upgraded as welll???

Sounds awesome!

#12 OFFLINE   NMAv

NMAv

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  • Joined 10-January 11

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

I want to find out what Cams ShelbyMark has in his 2007.  That thing sounds old school fast.

https://www.facebook...513973578677141

Edited by NMAv, 10 September 2013 - 08:27 PM.

~ NMAv

#13 OFFLINE   SSSNAKE

SSSNAKE

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,400 posts
  • Joined 03-July 07

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

OMGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

#14 OFFLINE   NMAv

NMAv

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  • Joined 10-January 11

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

There are some great postings on Accufab, Inc.'s Facebook page about engine builds, building throttle bodies etc.  Interesting stuff and some more video of Shelby's with built motors and cams.   Didn't mean to hijack the thread, just seems to have headed in that direction.  I'll be happy to start a new one.

~ NMAv

#15 OFFLINE   SSSNAKE

SSSNAKE

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,400 posts
  • Joined 03-July 07

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

There are some great postings on Accufab, Inc.'s Facebook page about engine builds, building throttle bodies etc.  Interesting stuff and some more video of Shelby's with built motors and cams.   Didn't mean to hijack the thread, just seems to have headed in that direction.  I'll be happy to start a new one.

This is def a popular subject!

To tell you the truth, I'm more interested in the sound that building the motor, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users