GallopingFord

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 29-November 11
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

I'm looking into purchasing a KR in the next year and I am interested to know that if the stripes have been removed off of the car, can an OEM stripe replacement package be ordered for the KR? Someone who is interested in selling to me when I'll be looking to buy next spring has removed the stripes. If I purchase that car I may leave it as is since it doesn't look half bad, but I would like to have the original stripes on hand just in case I ever need them.

Thanks!

Edited by GallopingFord, 30 October 2012 - 05:15 PM.

2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
2009 Bullitt #6438

#2 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

I'm looking into purchasing a KR in the next year and I am interested to know that if the stripes have been removed off of the car, can an OEM stripe replacement package be ordered for the KR? Someone who is interested in selling to me when I'll be looking to buy next spring has removed the stripes. If I purchase that car I may leave it as is since it doesn't look half bad, but I would like to have the original stripes on hand just in case I ever need them.

Thanks!

Yes, they are available.
For stock and pricing, call Kameron at 702-405-3500.

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#3 OFFLINE   GallopingFord

GallopingFord

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 29-November 11

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

Perfect, if everything goes according to plan I'll be making that phone call in late Spring. lol.

2009 Bullitt #6438

#4 OFFLINE   Mustangcollector

Mustangcollector

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 25-March 12
  • Interests:Family, Shelbys and Mustangs!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

I'm curious what KR owner would ever remove the stripes in the first place? What would be their reason for doing that?
1967 Mustang Coupe - Black
1987 Mustang LX Convertible - Black
1965 Mustang Coupe - Dynasty Green
2010 Mustang GT Convertible - Candy Red
2012 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Black
2008 Shelby GT500KR - Black

#5 OFFLINE   Cali_KR

Cali_KR

King of the Road

• Team Shelby State Director
  • 4,419 posts
  • Joined 14-September 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Anything, everything!
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

I'm curious what KR owner would ever remove the stripes in the first place? What would be their reason for doing that?

I don't know the car or the owner, but can only assume they prefer the "stripe delete" look.

When I get a Ford GT in the near future, it too will be a stripe delete...and the first new gen Shelby I ordered in back in 2006 (2007MY) was also a stripe delete...that being said, my 08KR has retained its stripes as has my GTH..and they will always remain so..

Edited by Cali_KR, 31 October 2012 - 05:55 PM.

2012 Shelby Run Europe Participant
8 countries covering 3148 (s)miles

2008 GT500KR #552, Silver/Blue, fully optioned. CS signed visor, 2012 50th Anniversary Shelby Bash Car Show 'class' Award Winner

2006 GT-H #368 (Phoenix Hertz)

1968 GT500KR, owned since 1991. 62k orig mile car * 85th Birthday Bash Car Show Award Winner * * SAAC-35 popular vote 1st. Place Award Winner *

1966 Mustang GT Coupe, 4 speed

2012 BOSS 302 #1212

Past important rides....to me anyways...

1965 Sunbeam Tiger MK1 (260 V-8)
1967 Mustang Fastback (289)
1968 Mustang Coupe (289, track car built to replicate Trans Am B-prod)
1969 Mustang conv. (302)
1965 Corvette conv. (327)
1970 Dodge RT Challenger (383 Magnum)
1975 Trans Am (400ci 4sp)
1979 Mustang Indy Pace car (5.0L)
1986 Corvette Indy Pace Car convertible
1989 Mustang LX 5.0L
2001 Mustang Bullitt
2008 GT500 Ebony Convertible/Alloy stripe/black w/red seats (every option)
* 2010 Shelby Bash Car Show Award Winner *
2009 GT500KR, #551, 1 of 14 in Red/Silver as equipped

Team Shelby Pacific Coast Region State Director
Team Shelby Member since Day One
Shelby American Automobile Club member since 1981
Norcal SAAC Member since 1985

Facebook page, Global Auto Source
"Placing unique cars with the unique people who seek them"
www.myclassiccars.net

#6 OFFLINE   Fat Boss

Fat Boss

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 396 posts
  • Joined 30-July 11
  • Interests:Fords n Football

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

When I get a Ford GT in the near future,

Bwhu whu what? :drool:
2014 Sterling Gray Fusion Energi Titanium - Plug In Hybrid
2012 Race Red Boss 302 # 3041 Better, stronger, faster.
1999 Crew Cab 444 CI Turbo Diesel 6-Speed Manual 4x4
1964 Falcon Convertible 289/Toploader/9"/Disks

#7 OFFLINE   Albino500

Albino500

Team Shelby Racer

• 1,988 posts
  • Joined 19-March 12
  • Interests:Road Racing my Shelby GT and cruising my GT500

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Bwhu whu what? :drool:

Yeah if you believe that then you'll believe that his wife will let him buy one too ! :hysterical2: Personally I like the KR without the OTT stripes just like Shelby did back in 68' :rockon:
2007 GT500 Built on 7/27/2006
#918 of a build of 8152 coupes
#212 of 2252 in Performance White

Member of Terlingua Racing Team
Member of the "Clean Butt Club" - Class of 2010
2012 Shelby American 50th Anniversary Vegas Bash Car Show "Class" Award Winner

2007 SGT-California Edition Built on 5/15/2007
CSM#07SGT4755
1 of 89 Shelby GT-California Editions done in Performance White/Silver Stripes
Converted to " SCCA SMG Class " race car - 2/04/2013

#8 OFFLINE   GallopingFord

GallopingFord

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 29-November 11

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

Yeah if you believe that then you'll believe that his wife will let him buy one too ! :hysterical2: Personally I like the KR without the OTT stripes just like Shelby did back in 68' :rockon:

I thought it was kind of ridiculous to remove them too, but the more I look at it I do appreciate what it looks like with nothing cluttering the beautiful silver paint. I'm not a big stripe fan to begin with, so I'm not sure if I'd leave them off or install them again.

Edited by GallopingFord, 01 November 2012 - 02:41 AM.

2009 Bullitt #6438

#9 OFFLINE   Albino500

Albino500

Team Shelby Racer

• 1,988 posts
  • Joined 19-March 12
  • Interests:Road Racing my Shelby GT and cruising my GT500

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

At least it's comforting to know you can get or have a stripe set in a box .
2007 GT500 Built on 7/27/2006
#918 of a build of 8152 coupes
#212 of 2252 in Performance White

Member of Terlingua Racing Team
Member of the "Clean Butt Club" - Class of 2010
2012 Shelby American 50th Anniversary Vegas Bash Car Show "Class" Award Winner

2007 SGT-California Edition Built on 5/15/2007
CSM#07SGT4755
1 of 89 Shelby GT-California Editions done in Performance White/Silver Stripes
Converted to " SCCA SMG Class " race car - 2/04/2013

#10 OFFLINE   txcobra

txcobra

Mustang Addict

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Joined 26-December 06

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

There was a silver KR out there, now in San Antonio, Tx that was modified with carbon fiber looking stripes. I wondered if, assuming the owner wanted to, it could be returned to OEM KR stripes. Good to know we can get these stripes if needed. Roughly how much does the set run?
Sigpic.jpg

Current Stable:Stable:
'69 Mach 1 - Royal Maroon, 428 CJ, Shaker Hood, C6, Air, PS, PB, etc
'08 Shelby GT500KR - Torch Red, 40th Anniversary - CSM 08KR0398
'14 F150 RAPTOR - SCrew, Race Red, Every Option
'13 Shelby GT500 - Candy red, black stripes, every option but cover

http://www.austinareastangs.com

#11 OFFLINE   jackjsm

jackjsm

Team Shelby New Member

• Mountain Region
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

Last month I discovered a small scratch on the roof of my black 08KR. After finding the right body shop to repair it, the tech there said in order to fix it the right way, (and for me to be happy) the stripe needed to be removed. The shop contacted Shelby (Las Vegas) about ordering the replacement stripe.The Shelby rep informed them that I (the KR owner) needed to contact them. The Shelby rep told me that a KR stripe is NOT an OEM part and it is exclusive to the KR's. Here's what I learned.
To replace KR parts the KR owner must;

1. Contact Warranty, Ford Racing (FR.) (FR.) fwrnty@ford.com
2. Send them an email that contains your name, address, phone number, discription of the damage, picture of the damage part, VIN# of your KR.
3. Ford SVT will at this point validate that your the KR owner and approve Shelby (Las Vegas) to sell you the KR part.
4. Ford SVT will then contact you with a point of contact for Shelby and the part# so you can order the part.

BTW, each roof stripe (left and right) was a $100.00 each. Hope this helps.
Jack

#12 OFFLINE   frank bullitt

frank bullitt

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Hockey, Health, Mustangs

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Last month I discovered a small scratch on the roof of my black 08KR. After finding the right body shop to repair it, the tech there said in order to fix it the right way, (and for me to be happy) the stripe needed to be removed. The shop contacted Shelby (Las Vegas) about ordering the replacement stripe.The Shelby rep informed them that I (the KR owner) needed to contact them. The Shelby rep told me that a KR stripe is NOT an OEM part and it is exclusive to the KR's. Here's what I learned.
To replace KR parts the KR owner must;

1. Contact Warranty, Ford Racing (FR.) (FR.) fwrnty@ford.com
2. Send them an email that contains your name, address, phone number, discription of the damage, picture of the damage part, VIN# of your KR.
3. Ford SVT will at this point validate that your the KR owner and approve Shelby (Las Vegas) to sell you the KR part.
4. Ford SVT will then contact you with a point of contact for Shelby and the part# so you can order the part.

BTW, each roof stripe (left and right) was a $100.00 each. Hope this helps.
Jack

Did you contact Wendy at Shelby? I find it difficult to believe Ford needs to be involved. Maybe a new rep at Shelby has his wires crossed.

Frank Bullitt

#13 OFFLINE   frank bullitt

frank bullitt

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

While we await the official product from Shelby some day, I had an empty frame so I whipped this up for my office......minus the VIN for this posting of course. I think the real deal would be a fantastic mate to have along with the Shelby Authenticity Certificate!

Posted Image

Edited by frank bullitt, 13 November 2012 - 07:45 PM.

Frank Bullitt

#14 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Did you contact Wendy at Shelby? I find it difficult to believe Ford needs to be involved. Maybe a new rep at Shelby has his wires crossed.

Kameron now handles warranty/restricted items at SPP.
And believe it, Ford INSISTS that they be involved in any sale of parts like this. All part of maintaining the authenticity of the KR cars.

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Lift #15

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#15 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

While we await the official product from Shelby some day, I had an empty frame so I whipped this up for my office......minus the VIN for this posting of course. I think the real deal would be a fantastic mate to have along with the Shelby Authenticity Certificate!

The Shelby Registry will soon be offering lots of great new items for Shelby owners. Stay tuned.

Jer

Lift #15

#16 ONLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 614 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

You guys see this one…
A completely blacked out KR with the stripes removed. Looks good but I think it needs the stripes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item53effe59e6

#17 OFFLINE   08KR525

08KR525

08KR525

• Great Lakes Region
  • 815 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Family, Performance vehicles, antiques.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

You guys see this one…
A completely blacked out KR with the stripes removed. Looks good but I think it needs the stripes.

It's interesting that whomever had it added the NAV to the Shaker 1000 or vice versa. I'm personally not a fan of the all blacked out theme. I like a little contrast.
" My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people; those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition." - Indira Ghandi.

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

#18 OFFLINE   GallopingFord

GallopingFord

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 29-November 11

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

You guys see this one…

I saw that on there looking for one last week. I think that what they did to that car looks cheap.

Window lovers and the blacked out emblems do not belong on it.

The car came from the factory with a Shaker 1000 so I guess they just added the Nav HU

Edited by GallopingFord, 18 November 2012 - 09:02 PM.

2009 Bullitt #6438

#19 OFFLINE   08krrick

08krrick

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined 03-October 11

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

THE NICE THING ABOUT THE BLACK CARS LIKE MINE, IS THAT THE STRIPES ARE SO SUBTLE THEY ARE ALMOST UNNOTICABLE. YOU HAVE TO LOOK HARD TO SEE THE SIDE STRIPE. BUT, I THINK EACH COLOR LOOK GREAT WITH THE STRIPES.

#20 OFFLINE   Stalwart

Stalwart

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Joined 01-January 09

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

Stop "SCREAMING" at us Rick!
Loving the new '09 KR!
Posted Image

#21 OFFLINE   terumi71

terumi71

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 10-June 10

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

The stripes look nice. But....always a but....when taking the car in for a wax detail, be prepared to pay a boatload in extra labor. All those vinyls have to be taped so as not to get any wax under the vinyl.

Wax on or under the vinyl is devastating to the vinyl. It looks good...but it is a matter of personal preference of clean look vs. a lot of vinyl. On a black KR, it is subdued so doesn't pop so much.

If you do get any wax on the vinyl, it must be removed immediately. Asking a detailed for such meticulousness is asking a lot. In order to do it right, they will have to tape everything. Labor cost will be much higher than a car with no vinyl.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\My Documents\KR!

#22 OFFLINE   Mustangcollector

Mustangcollector

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 25-March 12
  • Interests:Family, Shelbys and Mustangs!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

I saw that on there looking for one last week. I think that what they did to that car looks cheap.

Window lovers and the blacked out emblems do not belong on it.

The car came from the factory with a Shaker 1000 so I guess they just added the Nav HU

Agreed. Look at the final bidding to see that what was done to this great car was not a good idea. Blacking everything out seems like a great idea but it does look cheap. And, $8000 wheels or not, they aren't the Shelby Alcoas that belong on the car. Goes to show that Shelby and his team knew what they were doing and there's not much else that needs to be done to improve on it. Just my opinion though...
1967 Mustang Coupe - Black
1987 Mustang LX Convertible - Black
1965 Mustang Coupe - Dynasty Green
2010 Mustang GT Convertible - Candy Red
2012 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Black
2008 Shelby GT500KR - Black

#23 OFFLINE   svttim

svttim

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 8,383 posts
  • Joined 13-April 06
  • Interests:Going Fast!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Posted Image

What is the diffenece in the two silver colors (if any)
2008 GT500KR
NASA Super Touring #16
Firefighter/ Critical Care Paramedic

USAF Retired
Minuteman ICBM's

#24 OFFLINE   dvups1

dvups1

Team Shelby New Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 22-March 10
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Texas Holdem Poker, Family, Local car shows, Saltwater Aquariums

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

When I saw a 2008 and 2009 side by side, my immediate impression was the 2009 had more of a sparkle of metal flake in it.

#25 OFFLINE   txcobra

txcobra

Mustang Addict

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Joined 26-December 06

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Very nice! How can I place my order with you? Lol

Edited by txcobra, 20 January 2013 - 02:43 PM.

Sigpic.jpg

Current Stable:Stable:
'69 Mach 1 - Royal Maroon, 428 CJ, Shaker Hood, C6, Air, PS, PB, etc
'08 Shelby GT500KR - Torch Red, 40th Anniversary - CSM 08KR0398
'14 F150 RAPTOR - SCrew, Race Red, Every Option
'13 Shelby GT500 - Candy red, black stripes, every option but cover

http://www.austinareastangs.com

#26 OFFLINE   dvups1

dvups1

Team Shelby New Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 22-March 10
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Texas Holdem Poker, Family, Local car shows, Saltwater Aquariums

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

I'll get in line too....

#27 OFFLINE   frank bullitt

frank bullitt

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts
  • Joined 28-February 09

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

PM me. :)

Frank Bullitt

#28 OFFLINE   svttim

svttim

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 8,383 posts
  • Joined 13-April 06
  • Interests:Going Fast!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

When I saw a 2008 and 2009 side by side, my immediate impression was the 2009 had more of a sparkle of metal flake in it.

Thanks, hopefully Ill have my KR bought by this week :)

Then Ill need a copy as well
2008 GT500KR
NASA Super Touring #16
Firefighter/ Critical Care Paramedic

USAF Retired
Minuteman ICBM's

#29 ONLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 614 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

Does anyone know if there is a paint code that coincides with the blue stripes on the KR. I believe this has been brought up before but I do not recall the answer.

#30 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

Does anyone know if there is a paint code that coincides with the blue stripes on the KR. I believe this has been brought up before but I do not recall the answer.

I know someone who has it. I'll see if I can remember to get it for you next time I see him. It's a MOPAR color code, not a Ford color code.

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users