brandyspaw

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 02-October 12
  • Region:Other

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

I've been researching superchargers for the SGT and have narrowed down my choices to three companies.
My short list consists of the Whipple that Ford Racing offers, the Kenne Bell 2.6L or the Edelbrock E-force.

What superchargers did you choose and why? Also, when you installed your supercharger install did you upgrade your
clutch right away and also go with a one-piece driveshaft immediately? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   andrewnagle1964

andrewnagle1964

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,415 posts
  • Joined 21-February 08
  • Region:South Atlantic

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

Whipple, yes upgraded clutch and drive shaft.. cause it looked the best, sounded the best and not sure what else was going through my mind ?!?

you putting this on the stock block if so stay under 500 RWHP

You are going to need new tires soon and a good lawyer

Enjoy
The Black 07SGT4986 (RIP April14, 2010) to the White 07SGT4623......thanks for the grace of God no one died.

#3 OFFLINE   Rev Dennis

Rev Dennis

Team Shelby Member NorthEast Region

• Northeast Region
  • 724 posts
  • Joined 21-August 11
  • Region:Northeast
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

I did the SC package through TASCA, and I would do it again, because I wanted a REAL Shelby GT/SC. Original clutch and drive shaft. I do not drag race. If not for the pedigree issue I would do the E-Force package. You don't need 500 RWHP unless you drag. It's a KICK though! Since it is a Shelby, not a standard GT, you ought to do the Whipple via a Shelby mod shop. The additional cost will be more than compensated for in knowing it was done right and in hard dollars when you sell it.
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
Will Rogers

#4 OFFLINE   carnut12

carnut12

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 2,281 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07
  • Interests:Family, Cars, Golf

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

I did the SC package through TASCA, and I would do it again, because I wanted a REAL Shelby GT/SC. Original clutch and drive shaft. I do not drag race. If not for the pedigree issue I would do the E-Force package. You don't need 500 RWHP unless you drag. It's a KICK though! Since it is a Shelby, not a standard GT, you ought to do the Whipple via a Shelby mod shop. The additional cost will be more than compensated for in knowing it was done right and in hard dollars when you sell it.

Same here except I did the Aluminum Drive-shaft, stock clutch still going strong, but like Rev I do not race.

Love it!!!!!!!
07 Shelby GT # 5696 White, Charcoal Interior and Dash, 5-Speed, IUP, Anti-theft, Wheel Locks, Sirius, Shaker 1000, Heated Seats, Shelby Signature Mats, Shelby License Plate Holder, Lower Billet Grill, Silverhorse Cup Holder, Shifter Bezel, Climate Knobs, E-brake Handle, door handles, Mirror Control Knob, lock pockets and pins, and Window Switch Plates, Clear Turn Signals, Shelby Kicker Speaker System, Shorty Antenna, Shelby Engine Caps, Shelby CS69 20" Staggered Wheels, Updated Hood Pins, Shelby Headrest Covers & Armrest Cover, Sequential Tail Lights
Back from Tasca on 03-25-09-550HP Whipple, Brake Upgrade, Shelby Gauges, Blue Ford Racing Valve Covers, Dynotech 1 Piece Driveshaft- 495 RWHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FR500S Exhaust and Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,558 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08
  • Interests:Planes, cars, good times, good friends!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

If you have the cash, take it to SAI or other Shelby mod shop, if not, DIY.

I did the Edelbrock E-Force and don't regret it one bit! Did the work myself and I'm very pleased with the results - 466 hp and 428 tq at the rear wheels on 5 psi!

If you're planning on keeping your car till you die and pass it on to a family member, it may be worth the extra dough for the true GT/SC package, but my bet is that I'll be dead and long gone before this car get's to be a real collectible like the 60's models! Drive it, and let the others that follow rant and curse you for enjoying your car!

Sam
AKA:
Posted Image
My Trademark - Don't even think about using it!
In Memory Of Willy T

#6 OFFLINE   americaniron

americaniron

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 215 posts
  • Joined 21-April 08

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

I went with the Whipple, but all three of your choices are good. I liked the up graded fuel system that they offered since I had planed to go with an all out built combo. I did up grade my clutch at the same time. I had already installed a one piece drive shaft.

1aa945bb-733a-47fa-95fb-588e1d62eb38.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   springer

springer

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  • Joined 29-September 09

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

I had the Whipple installed during the GT/SC conversion by Shelby in Las Vegas. My clutch is now a twin disc Ram clutch and is outstanding. Before the Ram, SAI installed a stage 3 Spec, single disc clutch. flywheel etc., which was junk. Removed after around 1,000 miles.

I recently purchased a 2007 GT/CS convertible, automatic, and if I supercharged it, I would strongly look at doing the Edelbrock E-Force not just for for economic reasons, but from my research, it appears to be a very well built unit.
If the game is rigged, you can't lose if you don't play!
Shelby Baer Extreme brakes, CS 69 wheels
Shelby installed Revan heat exchanger
Shelby installed Diablo Predator tune

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   MaxCustody

MaxCustody

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 20-March 11
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

I love my Edlebrock E Force, it also looks really good under the hood (black and silver)!
Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Larry T

Larry T

• Canada Region
  • 3,017 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:UFC, Shelby's , SOA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

What is a safe psi to be used with the Whipple and what kind of HP and TQ?
Kenne Bell HP and TQ?
Edelbrock HP and TQ?

Edited by Larry T, 02 November 2012 - 07:22 PM.

NO MANS LAND (1987)

[The car phone in the Porsche rings]
Benjy Taylor: Hello? No, Rick is not here. Who am I? The guy stealing Rick's car...

2006 SHELBY GT-H CSM06H281

#10 OFFLINE   brandyspaw

brandyspaw

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 02-October 12

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for all the feedback so far. Right now kind of I'm leaning toward the Edelbrock.

Whatever one I choose I think I'll install the supercharger myself as I don't feel its worth the extra expense to go the Shelby GT/SC option. I just don't think the resale values of these cars is all that great and don't think the Shelby SC upgrade is worth it for me at $10K plus. It would just be that much more money that I'd loose when I sell the car since I can't keep my SGT very long. (Part of the problem with being retired on a fixed income is that I can only afford one non-daily driver fun car at a time. So many cars---so little time.)

In fact, if I go the supercharger route I'm planning on pulling it off when I sell the SGT as I likely could recoup at least half the price of the supercharger kit back. Moreover, my observation is that these cars appear to sell better at a cheaper price when left stock as long as they are fairly low (less than 30K) miles. (So I'm planning on selling my SGT before it hits the 30K mileage mark.) By doing my own work and selling off the SC kit separately when I sell the car I can have my jollies before I move onto some other kind of fun car.
At least thats the plan.

Edited by brandyspaw, 03 November 2012 - 04:31 PM.

Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,026 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

The conventional wisdom on the 4.6L 3V engine is that it can handle about 625HP (crank), or about 550 at the wheels, which is what the original Shelby GT/SC literature said it was. I think that is what FRPP lists for the Whipple too. We do know that is not gospel as JeffJ blew his up with that or less since his is a Paxton without the same kind of boost you get from the twin screw top units.

I think mine was set to about 6lb boost. It was plenty :)
Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#12 OFFLINE   Rev Dennis

Rev Dennis

Team Shelby Member NorthEast Region

• Northeast Region
  • 724 posts
  • Joined 21-August 11
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Stop thinking. Stop being a mathematician, and enjoy the car.
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
Will Rogers

#13 OFFLINE   TNTchris

TNTchris

TNTChris

• Northern Plains Region
  • 227 posts
  • Joined 06-November 11
  • Region:Northern Plains
  • Interests:American Bulldogs, Guns, Fitness, Tequila, Fast Cars,
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Brandyspaw,

I did the whipple supercahrger and had it installed locally at a speed shop. I am located in St. Louis, Mo. and I purchased the SC at Tousley Ford in MN. I was reffered to them by someone on this forum board, Jason I believe. Ask for Steve in parts at Tousley Ford if you decide to go this route because he gives incredible deals for people on the forum for the whippe kits. Their customer service was great! I am so glad I went this route this car is so much fun with this much HP. I did everything like they would have installed the SC package in Las Vegas. I would have had it done there if i had the $'s.

TNTChris

2007 SGT #191 Mods:

FRPP Whipple 550 supercharger kit with 11 psi boost
Carroll Shelby autographed airbag cover
Shelby 20" silver razors w/ 24mm offset

255/35/20 Nitto NT555
275/35/20 Nitto NT555
Berg snake center caps
Berg snake steering wheels cap
Berg snake faux gas cap
Berg snake headrest covers
Berg snake arm rest cover
Berg snake dead pedal
Shelby SC Gauge pod
Autometer blue gauge pod lights
Aeroforce Single Interceptor Gauge
Rousch vent gauge pod
whipple fuel relocation kit

Moroso overflow tank

Moroso Supercharger tank

Moroso Fuse box cover

Moroso power steering tank 

Shelby GT Brake Fluid cover

Shelby "CS" oil separator

Hydrocarbon Whipple CAI tube

Hydrocarbon strut tower covers

Shelby fuel door paint to match car

Matte Black pit stripes
GT500 front Brembo Brakes
Shelby drilled and slotted 14" slotted rotors
Baer drilled and slotted 14" rear rotors
GT500 splitter
lower stripes
Shelby Billet Caps
shorty antenna
Raxiom black tail lights
Raxiom Black retro headlights
Raxiom Interior LED lights
Raxiom third LED black brake light

Raxiom LED bulbs tail lights
Spec-D Tuning blacked out turning signals w/ LED
Spec-D Tuning blacked out rear markers
Drake sequential tail lights
MMD Black mirror covers
MMD GT350 black window cover
Corbeau Shelby seat belt covers
Lower billet grill
Dupli-color rear brake caliper paint
3:73 FRPP gears
Borla extreme axle back exhaust
new hood scoop
Shelby one piece driveshaft
BMR lower control arms
BMR subframe connectors
Shelby adjustable panhard bar and brace 
Shelby Artehouse Shelby GT Carroll Shelby signed print with my CSM # and COA

#14 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08
  • Region:Decline

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

when you say the conventional wisdom is for 625 crank, 550 to the wheels, is that with a forged lower end?

#15 OFFLINE   jmn444

jmn444

Jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  • Joined 16-May 09

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

Pretty sure it's 550 at the crank with stock guts...
Posted ImagePosted Image

519 RWHP / 484 TQ Taking bets on when the bottom end will die....

#16 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,026 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

I am pretty sure the k. Was RSVP but to answer the previous q that is with stock internals

Forged internals will add a lot of cost

Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#17 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,558 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

I failed to mention that with my Edelbrock E-Force install, I also put in a GT500 dual-fuel pump set up just to make sure fuel delivery stayed consistent. Also, immediately following the supercharger install, my stock clutch began failing so I replaced it with a McLeod RST dual disk.

There are incidental items that go along with a supercharger install - the fuel pump for instance, but beyond that, don't forget to install an oil "catch can" between the PCV an intake as there is a marked increase in crankcase ventilation! Consider extra instrumentation as well to monitor oil, fuel, and boost pressures. (I included the Shelby center gauge pod in my install.) With the E-Force, you will need to replace the stock strut brace with one from a Bullitt/V6 Mustang as the stock FRPP will not clear the supercharger.

There's always stuff you don't think of when doing this sort of mod!

Sam

Edited by 2007_Shelby_GT, 05 November 2012 - 08:00 AM.

AKA:
Posted Image
In Memory Of Willy T

#18 OFFLINE   AstroDan

AstroDan

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,819 posts
  • Joined 08-November 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Astronomy, golf, poker

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

I had SAI do the Whipple 550 install in Vegas. I had already installed 1-piece Coast DS.
I love the Whipple because the tune is perfect, right out of the box. 3 years later still strong. My clutch is still stock and it is (pretty much) toast. :) I drive mine "spiritedly", to say the least. Noticable loss of WHP in 3rd and 4th.
Numbers posted below on 10lbs/boost.
Forged internals/FR Aluminator is in the works.

Any forced induction unit you install will make you smile. Guaranteed! Nasty-fast
07SGT5123
Shelby GT-California
Born August 2, 2007
Shelby GT/SC
Black 5-Speed Manual 3.55
Hyper-black 18" CS-69 w/ KDW2 285/40 - 255/45 nitrogen filled
LFP 4" 1-piece Aluminum DS with LFP Adjustable UCA Steeda billet LCA
GT500 Brembo calipers - C-Max pads-Goodridge SS lines
Team Shelby Member # 826

281.29 rwhp - 302.71 lb/ft 4th of July 2008 (bone stock)
SAI installed Whipple 550 (polished) Pick up 8/28/09
507.7 rwhp - 498.5 lb/ft 12th of Sept 2009
Best 1/4 mile to date: 12.75 @ 116.18mph 9-30-09 (street trim)
571.1 rwhp - 559.9 rwtq 9th May 2014 FR Aluminator 46X / FR heads / Comp cams = AED Built!

#19 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08
  • Region:Decline

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

I would love to have a SC but I do not think the stock 4.6 will tolerate 625hp at the crank, or at least not for long.

#20 OFFLINE   carnut12

carnut12

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 2,281 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07
  • Interests:Family, Cars, Golf

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

I had SAI do the Whipple 550 install in Vegas. I had already installed 1-piece Coast DS.
I love the Whipple because the tune is perfect, right out of the box. 3 years later still strong. My clutch is still stock and it is (pretty much) toast. :) I drive mine "spiritedly", to say the least. Noticable loss of WHP in 3rd and 4th.
Numbers posted below on 10lbs/boost.
Forged internals/FR Aluminator is in the works.

Any forced induction unit you install will make you smile. Guaranteed! Nasty-fast

I am curious what you feel is causing the loss in 3rd and 4th??? Why wouldn't it be lost across the board? Could it be you are just used to the power? Just curious, I did not realize over time that power was lost, I have seen some cars after break-in actually gain power.
07 Shelby GT # 5696 White, Charcoal Interior and Dash, 5-Speed, IUP, Anti-theft, Wheel Locks, Sirius, Shaker 1000, Heated Seats, Shelby Signature Mats, Shelby License Plate Holder, Lower Billet Grill, Silverhorse Cup Holder, Shifter Bezel, Climate Knobs, E-brake Handle, door handles, Mirror Control Knob, lock pockets and pins, and Window Switch Plates, Clear Turn Signals, Shelby Kicker Speaker System, Shorty Antenna, Shelby Engine Caps, Shelby CS69 20" Staggered Wheels, Updated Hood Pins, Shelby Headrest Covers & Armrest Cover, Sequential Tail Lights
Back from Tasca on 03-25-09-550HP Whipple, Brake Upgrade, Shelby Gauges, Blue Ford Racing Valve Covers, Dynotech 1 Piece Driveshaft- 495 RWHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FR500S Exhaust and Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive
Posted ImagePosted Image

#21 OFFLINE   brandyspaw

brandyspaw

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 02-October 12

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

I failed to mention that with my Edelbrock E-Force install, I also put in a GT500 dual-fuel pump set up just to make sure fuel delivery stayed consistent. Also, immediately following the supercharger install, my stock clutch began failing so I replaced it with a McLeod RST dual disk.

There are incidental items that go along with a supercharger install - the fuel pump for instance, but beyond that, don't forget to install an oil "catch can" between the PCV an intake as there is a marked increase in crankcase ventilation! Consider extra instrumentation as well to monitor oil, fuel, and boost pressures. (I included the Shelby center gauge pod in my install.) With the E-Force, you will need to replace the stock strut brace with one from a Bullitt/V6 Mustang as the stock FRPP will not clear the supercharger.

There's always stuff you don't think of when doing this sort of mod!

Sam

Thanks Sam, those are some things I never thought of since I had the mentality of installing a "kit" but don't think of those extras. All told
between the driveline, clutch, fuel pump, catch can, gauges, bigger tires/wheels, etc it really starts to add to the price of the supercharger. I might need to rethink doing this whole supercharger experience with my limited future plan for this car.
Posted Image

#22 OFFLINE   johnrehder

johnrehder

Team Shelby New Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 260 posts
  • Joined 04-February 08
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Track Days! Love muscle cars. Used to have a 1970 Z28 Camaro when I was younger. I'm going for my race license this year if the planets line up right! Also love to Autocross when I can.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

I started by just adding the Paxton SL1200 kit. 444 RWHP and I've not had to upgrade the clutch, drive shaft etc. Kit came with the Kenne Bell boost-a-pump. I haven't added guages yet, can't make up my mind on them. I don't drag race but I do road race. Paxton is perfect for that because the engine stays in the higher RPM range where the Paxton makes great power. Start with a basic supercharger then add goodies as funds come along. You don't have to get the whole enchilada at first. I did buy an oil catch can soon after I installed the supercharger.

Thanks Sam, those are some things I never thought of since I had the mentality of installing a "kit" but don't think of those extras. All told
between the driveline, clutch, fuel pump, catch can, gauges, bigger tires/wheels, etc it really starts to add to the price of the supercharger. I might need to rethink doing this whole supercharger experience with my limited future plan for this car.

2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca MP0005 Jonesboro, Georgia

#23 OFFLINE   jmn444

jmn444

Jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  • Joined 16-May 09

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

I am curious what you feel is causing the loss in 3rd and 4th??? Why wouldn't it be lost across the board? Could it be you are just used to the power? Just curious, I did not realize over time that power was lost, I have seen some cars after break-in actually gain power.

I think he's saying the clutch is slipping causing the power loss at the wheels.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 OFFLINE   jmn444

jmn444

Jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  • Joined 16-May 09

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Clutch is really the only thing you may not have a choice on there, the rest is optional. I have about 17k miles on the stock clutch with 519 at the wheels... they do last a while sometimes....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,558 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

Clutch is really the only thing you may not have a choice on there, the rest is optional. I have about 17k miles on the stock clutch with 519 at the wheels... they do last a while sometimes....

You are correct - some people have really good luck with the clutch, I think a lot depends on the mileage of your SGT when you do the install and, of course, your driving habits! I had around 30k on the car when I installed the S/C - the clutch began slipping about a month or so later in 4th and 5th gear when I would accelerate to pass slower vehicles. It was still functional, but rather than wait for a failure, (and concerned about drive train power loss), I went ahead and replaced it.

The McLeod RST dual-disk has been a good clutch, it's action is as light or lighter than stock. Only one noticeable exception - there has been reports of the clutch "dragging" (not fully releasing), and the same has occurred with mine (minimally) since day one. It hasn't been a problem, but I'm certain the life of the clutch will be shortened. If you do replace the clutch, make sure to replace the stock clutch line with a stainless steel version AND replace the slave cylinder at the same time!!

As with most things, replace the critical bits before they break or at the slightest hint of failure!

Sam

Edited by 2007_Shelby_GT, 06 November 2012 - 06:46 AM.

AKA:
Posted Image
In Memory Of Willy T

#26 OFFLINE   AstroDan

AstroDan

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,819 posts
  • Joined 08-November 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Astronomy, golf, poker

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Loss of power from the clutch not holding when in the power band for extended time. In 1st and 2nd gear, even hard, the time it takes to run out of RPm is too short to really notice. (Maybe a little late in 2nd) Once into 3rd, and especially 4th, it takes long enough at the "full 500rwtq" to hit the limiter that I can SOTP feel a loss of WHP.
My car had about 7500 miles when I got the SC, now it has 18,000+. I started feeling the slippage around a couple/three thousand SC miles... Like I said before, Idrive her pretty hard. I virtually always hit triple digits on every ride, unless its around town etc. I never speed in town and only when it is safe. These things are so fast, a freeway onramp is easily 100-120mph, if you want!
When I do the internals, I'll install the clutch. :)
07SGT5123
Shelby GT-California
Born August 2, 2007
Shelby GT/SC
Black 5-Speed Manual 3.55
Hyper-black 18" CS-69 w/ KDW2 285/40 - 255/45 nitrogen filled
LFP 4" 1-piece Aluminum DS with LFP Adjustable UCA Steeda billet LCA
GT500 Brembo calipers - C-Max pads-Goodridge SS lines
Team Shelby Member # 826

281.29 rwhp - 302.71 lb/ft 4th of July 2008 (bone stock)
SAI installed Whipple 550 (polished) Pick up 8/28/09
507.7 rwhp - 498.5 lb/ft 12th of Sept 2009
Best 1/4 mile to date: 12.75 @ 116.18mph 9-30-09 (street trim)
571.1 rwhp - 559.9 rwtq 9th May 2014 FR Aluminator 46X / FR heads / Comp cams = AED Built!

#27 OFFLINE   SHO6GTH

SHO6GTH

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 01-May 10
  • Region:European Union
  • Interests:I am an ex-Aston Martin engineer and am lucky enough to restore original 60's Shelby Mustangs for a living.
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

Hi Guys, i have a 2008 Shelby GT [#344] here in the UK. I took it to Roush UK and had them fit their M90 Supercharger conversion. The whole conversion was very comprehensive and looks OE, but i included an uprated belt tensioner, because of recommendations from other forum users, thank you for that. With the original cold air kit in place, the power is rated at 450hp and 400lbs ft. This version has given me perfect hot or cold driveability/starting/usage and hopefully does not put excessive strain on the motor. Performance is outstanding, especially above 3250rpm, bearing in mind we are very heavily policed here in the UK for speeding.........if you are caught at any speed over 100, it bye-bye license.
Clutch is Factory stock unit, which seems okay at present, but i am careful not to overload it with heavy starts.

#28 OFFLINE   peter301

peter301

Peter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 22-March 12

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

I have the Whipple 550 set up with the stock clutch and drive shaft. The previous owner had it tune to 91 octane and left it at a tame 440 HP to the wheels, which has proven more than enough seeing you really have to feather it in order to keep those wheels grounded to the ground. That being said I am going to have it retuned to 93 octane and the upgraded pulley soon, but that really is about all you need to piss-off most any other car on the street, so.....

Enjoy the car!

PS, I have had the car for about 10 months and drive it several days out of every week. I also did not buy it to drive in the right hand lane, so it does get use and I have had not 1 issue, so I would lean towards the whipple..

Edited by peter301, 08 December 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#29 OFFLINE   TheKurgan

TheKurgan

Fast Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,031 posts
  • Joined 09-January 08
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Racing,Flyfishing,Kayaking

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

Lots of good replies here, but I don't see anyone asking what you want to do with the car. If you want to spin wheels on the street or drag race then I would say roots/twin screw blowers are the way to go. For the track, a centri blower is the way to go imo.
07 SGT - JDM302E, Paxton Novi 1500, Spec 3+, FRPP cams/intake/TB, Kooks, Tial 50mm BOV - 637 rwhp/547 rwtq - Tuned by VMP

Posted Image

#30 OFFLINE   mbcortese

mbcortese

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11
  • Interests:2007 Shelby GT, Golf,

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

I had TASCA Mod Shop do my GT/SC kit install this past summer, they had the car three days. It included Polished 475HP Whipple Kit (Automatic Transmission), Gauge Pod, Rotors, Pads, SS Brake Lines, and GT/SC Side Stripes. I also had them put in a Shelby one piece driveshaft, it was between that and cooling system upgrade. Dennis at TASCA talked to me about what I was going to do with the car, and suggested I go with the driveshaft. Unbelievable the response out of this car when you get into it now, I thought it ran good before. I planned on keeping it all along, so the investment in my 07 Shelby GT didn't really bother me, if I was going to get rid of it, I would have felt different. Regardless I hated to see the snow last week now it will be parked till May. If you do it, enjoy it, drive it, if you want to look at something buy a TV. This car is definitely a fun driver now, and was before the mod. Good luck which ever way you decide.

Edited by mbcortese, 26 December 2012 - 08:12 PM.

07SGT3233

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users