muleskiner

team member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 27-March 10
  • Region:Northeast
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

bought hood strut kit about a year ago from SHELBY PERFORMANCE PARTS my gt500 FACTORY HOOD is stored in climate controlled garage used very rarely opened the hood yesterday SURPRISE they have failed SHELBY PERFORMANCE PARTS response we know about this problem would you like to buy a new upgraded set note these are manufactured by SCOTT DRAKE visited their website NOT FOR USE ON GT500!

#2 OFFLINE   05mustangman

05mustangman

"The Evilsnake"

• Mountain Region
  • 1,038 posts
  • Joined 17-September 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Mustangs and going fast
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

I thought the Shelby hood strut kit is from MRT? At least their latest ones. They are identical. The Scott Drakes are a little different. I've been running the MRT ones on my Super Snake hood for awhile now. And those struts on the Shelby store they say they work with the stock hood and Super Snake hoods.
Posted Image
2010 GT500 Kona Blue - Mods include: Comp Shelby 1000 Grind Cams, Kooks headers, pulleys, suspension system, Baer/Shelby Extreme brakes, basically modded out the wazoo by Shelby American.
Shelby 50th Bash Car Show Class Award Winner

2003 Ford Lightning Black - Mods include: Bassani exhaust, Airaid intake, Hankook Ventus ST tires.

The Man, The Legend
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Nitro

Nitro

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Joined 30-December 08
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Actually there are two different strut kits, (Redline Tuning from Shelby) one for the stock hood and one for the SuperSnake hood.
He who hoots with the Owl in the evening, cannot soar with the Eagle in the morning!
"The Engines Horsepower Should Never Exceed The Drivers IQ"

2007 GT500 Performance White/Vista Blue Stripes

#4 OFFLINE   05mustangman

05mustangman

"The Evilsnake"

• Mountain Region
  • 1,038 posts
  • Joined 17-September 09
  • Interests:Mustangs and going fast
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Ah gotcha. Redline Tuning was a good strut on the 08 GT I had. I really like the new Shelby/ MRT struts because they support the hood really good and they are totally out of the way.
Posted Image
2010 GT500 Kona Blue - Mods include: Comp Shelby 1000 Grind Cams, Kooks headers, pulleys, suspension system, Baer/Shelby Extreme brakes, basically modded out the wazoo by Shelby American.
Shelby 50th Bash Car Show Class Award Winner

2003 Ford Lightning Black - Mods include: Bassani exhaust, Airaid intake, Hankook Ventus ST tires.

The Man, The Legend
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

bought hood strut kit about a year ago from SHELBY PERFORMANCE PARTS my gt500 FACTORY HOOD is stored in climate controlled garage used very rarely opened the hood yesterday SURPRISE they have failed SHELBY PERFORMANCE PARTS response we know about this problem would you like to buy a new upgraded set note these are manufactured by SCOTT DRAKE visited their website NOT FOR USE ON GT500!

Unacceptable. Send me an email at JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com with your contact info, I will make this right for you immediately.

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#6 OFFLINE   66GT350PS

66GT350PS

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 859 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Region:Other

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Is there a good hood strut kit for the 2011-2-13 GT350?

#7 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Ah gotcha. Redline Tuning was a good strut on the 08 GT I had. I really like the new Shelby/ MRT struts because they support the hood really good and they are totally out of the way.

I've had the Redline (bright?) hood shocks and Shelby trunk shocks on my 2010 for at least a couple of years now and they still LIFT the hood from about 3 inches open so holding the hood up is obviously not a problem.

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#8 OFFLINE   Green Mojavi

Green Mojavi

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 188 posts
  • Joined 28-February 12

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Unacceptable. Send me an email at JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com with your contact info, I will make this right for you immediately.

Jer

NUFF said Jer!!!.....................Thats World Class Customer Service :)

#9 OFFLINE   Larry T

Larry T

• Canada Region
  • 3,072 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:UFC, Shelby's , SOA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

NUFF said Jer!!!.....................Thats World Class Customer Service :)

Jer is the best and always looks out for the customer !!!
NO MANS LAND (1987)

[The car phone in the Porsche rings]
Benjy Taylor: Hello? No, Rick is not here. Who am I? The guy stealing Rick's car...

2006 SHELBY GT-H CSM06H281

#10 OFFLINE   peter301

peter301

Peter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 22-March 12
  • Region:South Atlantic

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

Jer

Hey Jer,

I have a quick questions and hope that you can help me... When I purchased my Shelby early this year, it had the Whipple SC package addes via a local Ford dealship in the Virginia area. They did a great job with it and I have had no issues at all, but I later found out that the Super Snake hood is a TruFiber aftermarket one. I had already purchased the Shelby Redline Hood Quickft Kit for the SuperSnake and as they are still in the package and have not yet been installed, I was wondering if they are going to work with that hood? Is there a way to get the specs on the wieght tht they should hold? This was I can try to sell them to another member that may be able to use them.

Thanks in advance, Peter

PS, sorry for highjacking the thred...

Edited by peter301, 04 November 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

Hey Jer,

I have a quick questions and hope that you can help me... When I purchased my Shelby early this year, it had the Whipple SC package addes via a local Ford dealship in the Virginia area. They did a great job with it and I have had no issues at all, but I later found out that the Super Snake hood is a TruFiber aftermarket one. I had already purchased the Shelby Redline Hood Quickft Kit for the SuperSnake and as they are still in the package and have not yet been installed, I was wondering if they are going to work with that hood? Is there a way to get the specs on the wieght tht they should hold? This was I can try to sell them to another member that may be able to use them.

Thanks in advance, Peter

PS, sorry for highjacking the thred...

Peter,

Do you have the "no-drill" kit, or the original?
The "no-drill" has a few disclaimers on their site (http://www.redlinetu...-05-BOLTIN.html).

If you have the original, I believe the weight spec for the SS model was 70 pounds, you should be all set.

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Lift #15

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#12 OFFLINE   peter301

peter301

Peter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 22-March 12

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Peter,

Do you have the "no-drill" kit, or the original?
The "no-drill" has a few disclaimers on their site (http://www.redlinetu...-05-BOLTIN.html).

If you have the original, I believe the weight spec for the SS model was 70 pounds, you should be all set.

Jer

Jer,

I purchased them off of the Shelby site and not another vendor... (part #S5MB-16612)

#13 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Jer,

I purchased them off of the Shelby site and not another vendor... (part #S5MB-16612)

Those are the original that require drilling, and should not have any issues with an aftermarket hood. Just be sure to check clearances, as I can't speak to any variations on TruFiber's part. Good luck, they are cool hood lifts!

Jer

Lift #15

#14 OFFLINE   DrKSGT

DrKSGT

Area Director - Southeast Michigan

• Team Shelby State Director
  • 468 posts
  • Joined 17-August 07
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

I had the same problem with Scott Drake/SPP hood struts given as Christmas present in 2007. Struts would not hold the hood up after one year of what I would call light duty service. Hood would start to creep down soon after putting it up.

Opted to put the Redline Elite on in spring of 2009 when JLT offered a special buy. These have worked super well and I recommend highly.

Interesting is that I found out I work with the owner of Redline. He has a day job but devouts a lot to making sure product performs well. Even provided new set of clips to retain lift to the ball at one end. Something they developed based on experince he has gained. Removed were not going to be an issue, just he thought it could be better.

Like the Hood struts so much that I also opted for the trunk struts as well though SPP. Another class part to Mod the car with.

DrKSGT
White SGT 4454, Manual, IUP, Dark Charcol Interior Born Flatrock 4/19/07 Test Drive 8/13/07 Romeo Ford Mine 8/16/07,Dyno 12MY12 270 hp / 287 ft-lbs
Completed Mods: Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror w/ Compass, SPP Berg Faux Gas Cap, Shelby Billet Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms, MRT Sequential Tail Lights, Chrome Lower Grill, Final Hood Fix, SPP PIA Lower Driving Lights w/ Bezel kit, Shelby Billet Hood Pins, SPP Store Interior Upgrade Black with Silverleaf inserts, KR Trunk Liner, Silverhorse Louvered Side Windows and trunk release, FR500 Chrome Wheels (18x9 F,18x10 R) w/ SPP KR Tires, J&M SS Brake Hoses, GT500 Rotors & Brembo Calipers, SPP Shelby GT Engine Caps, SPP Elite Trunk Lift kit, SPP Shelby GT Dead Pedal, SPP Brake Reservoir Cover, SPP Fuse Box Cover, SPP Adjustable Upper Control Arm, SPP Relocation Brackets, SPP Billet Watts Link,
Mods to Come: Whipple 550 S/C, Clutch for the extra horsepower, TBD Jer induced SPP Sale items,

#15 OFFLINE   tcaramucci

tcaramucci

07 Alloy GT500 #5365

• Members
  • Pip
  • 227 posts
  • Joined 09-February 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

I had the Shelby/Scott Drake ones purchased from Shelby performance store and they failed after 1 year. I was told sorry so I chose to purchase a set of redlines. I am glad they made it right for you and glad to see a change from the company and my purchase from them again now that they have learned the value of a good customer.

2007 Shelby GT500 Coupe

Born on 2-23-2007 - # 5365 of 8152 built and #228 of 338 in color

Alloy/Silver Stripes, Premium Interior, Shaker 1000

Interior Upgrades Include:

· Serialized Number Plate for the dash with Carroll Shelby’s Signature · Carroll Shelby’s Autographed Signature dash (airbag) · Shelby Floor Mats · Shelby

Center Gauge Kit (Boost, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure) · Arm Rest cover with Snake Logo · Aluminum Shelby Map Light Accent · Satin Door Lock knobs · Shelby

Pedal Covers · Shelby Dead Pedal · Shelby GT500 Illuminated Starter Button · Shelby Lighted Sill Plates · Shelby Cobra Headrest Cover

Exterior Upgrades Include:

· 40th Anniversary Badging · Shelby Super Snake Hood · Painted fiber rocker panels · Shelby GT500 billet hood pins · Shelby GT500 Super Snake Quarter

Window Scoops · Shelby Hood Strut Kit · Shelby GT500 Super Snake Side Scoops · Bangastang's GT500 Radiator Cover · Carbon Fiber Front Splitter · Carbon

Fiber Mirror Covers · Deck Lid SHELBY Letter Kit · Sequential Tail Lights · Front Brake Duct Kit · Shelby Anti-Wheel Hop Rear Control Arm Relocation Brackets

· Engine Dress Up kit – billet fluid caps, oil stick and fuse box cover Shelby Adjustable Panhard Bar

Performance Upgrades Include:

· Borla Cat Back Exhaust · Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension · Shelby Engine Strut Bar (GT500 SuperSnake) · BFG's 255/35/ 20 (front) 275/35/20 (rear)

· 20• Shelby/American Racing Razor wheels in special silver with Shelby center caps

#16 OFFLINE   peter301

peter301

Peter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 22-March 12

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Those are the original that require drilling, and should not have any issues with an aftermarket hood. Just be sure to check clearances, as I can't speak to any variations on TruFiber's part. Good luck, they are cool hood lifts!

Jer

Since your are in the know at the Shelby Center of the World, any chance on a lightly used Shelby SS hood or maybe a blow out price??? lol

Thanks again...

#17 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

Since your are in the know at the Shelby Center of the World, any chance on a lightly used Shelby SS hood or maybe a blow out price??? lol

Thanks again...

Nothing currently, I'm sorry.

Jer

Lift #15

#18 OFFLINE   - Aj -

- Aj -

500HP LOL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Joined 02-March 11

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Mine have not failed, but the stickers are peeling off. Just got them a few months ago, :-(

aNF4ivd.jpg
~JLT 123mm CF CAI~VMP 2.59 Pulley/90mm Idler~
~L&M 66m Throttle Body~Ported Stock Eaton Elbow~
~Dynatech Headers~Borla Touring Axleback~Shelby Heat Exchanger~
~FRPP Shifter~Shelby Handling Kit~Eibach Pro Kit~
~BMR Rear Lower Control Arms/Reloc Brackets~BMR Panhard Bar & Brace~
~SVTT 19"/20" Wheels~
Nitto NT555R 315/35/20~
~2010+ Updated Trans~Shelby Hood Lift Kit~Shelby Supersnake Hood~

Pics

#19 OFFLINE   REDTAIL

REDTAIL

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 519 posts
  • Joined 04-May 08
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Custom paint Hydro Carbon AirBrushing

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

i bought 2 sets one for the wifes SGT the other for my Roush 428 both wouldnt hold the hood up . called Shelby dont know who talked to. but said that batch wasnt made to specs. and sent me two new sets i think they lasted about 2 months .

ended up buying redlines for both cars been a little over a year and there still working great

JIM

#20 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

It kills me to hear these stories. These kinds of part failures are unacceptable, and I'm not going to tolerate it.
Going forward, I hope everyone's getting my message: Contact me directly with customer service issues. I'm going to make it right.

JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Jer

Lift #15

#21 OFFLINE   CSX4833

CSX4833

CSM12SS0077

• Northern Plains Region
  • 383 posts
  • Joined 03-March 12
  • Region:Northern Plains
  • Interests:Music, & anything having to do with high performance automobiles.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Just received a pair of struts for my SS from SPP. They came from MRT. Anybody have problems with these? I don't want to put them on if failure is soon to follow.
Posted Image

2012 Kona Blue Super Snake, Torsen T-2 limited slip, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, KB 3.6LC, glass roof, Alcoa SS wheels, 3.73 gears, Shelby LCA and UCA, Shelby upgraded interior, carbon fiber console and radio bezel. Carroll Shelby signed air bag cover. Shelby Billet E-brake handle. Aluminun SS brake fluid reservoir cover. Shelby aluminum fuse box cover. Escort 9500ix detector mounted to rear view mirror. SS aluminum dead pedal. Carbon Fiber radiator cover. KB polished 4.5 CAI. Shelby hood struts. Blue silicone GT 500 hose kit. Super Snake black fuel door. Shelby battery cover. SHR billet arm rests and door locks.

#22 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Just received a pair of struts for my SS from SPP. They came from MRT. Anybody have problems with these? I don't want to put them on if failure is soon to follow.

The failures seem to be from an earlier item, before my tenure, when the struts were sourced from elsewhere. I haven't heard any complaints from recent purchasers.
That being said, if you have any issues, you know where to find me.

Jer

Lift #15

#23 OFFLINE   CSX4833

CSX4833

CSM12SS0077

• Northern Plains Region
  • 383 posts
  • Joined 03-March 12
  • Interests:Music, & anything having to do with high performance automobiles.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

We'll do Jer and thanks for your support. I plan to put them on this weekend even though the car is put away for the winter (live in MN). Hopefully, next spring they will still be fine. If not, I'll give you a call. Thanks again.
Posted Image

2012 Kona Blue Super Snake, Torsen T-2 limited slip, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, KB 3.6LC, glass roof, Alcoa SS wheels, 3.73 gears, Shelby LCA and UCA, Shelby upgraded interior, carbon fiber console and radio bezel. Carroll Shelby signed air bag cover. Shelby Billet E-brake handle. Aluminun SS brake fluid reservoir cover. Shelby aluminum fuse box cover. Escort 9500ix detector mounted to rear view mirror. SS aluminum dead pedal. Carbon Fiber radiator cover. KB polished 4.5 CAI. Shelby hood struts. Blue silicone GT 500 hose kit. Super Snake black fuel door. Shelby battery cover. SHR billet arm rests and door locks.

#24 OFFLINE   Cobra Drifter

Cobra Drifter

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 23-July 09

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

I have had my CPC NXT no-drill hood struts on my Trufiber double sided carbon fiber hood for almost 3 years now and they still work great. Great price and were super easy to install too.
They have them in several oem colors too but Vapor Silver is the fastest :)
2009 Shelby GT500 Vapor Metallic Silver w/Ebony Stripes, 20" Vertini Monacco Rims, Falken 452's, Air Lift Track Pack Air Bag Suspension, TruCarbon Venom hood w/recessed hood pins, R1 Concepts custom engraved rotors, Full MagnaFlow Exhaust, Reichard Racing Billet 2.65 SC Pulley, 12# Boost, JLT CF CAI, NXT Hood Lifts, HID fog lights, smoked turn signals and real taillights, Seq. taillights, 14" ant. (Dyno Video: 553hp/530tq)

2001 Cobra Vert. #1439/3384 Teksid block, 04 Cobra forged crank, Manley plasma coated pistons, Oliver Billit I-Bean rods, bored 0.20 over, oversized side bolts, all ARP hardware throughout, 01 Cobra heads with 5 axis valve job, T-56 tranny swap with 26 spline input shaft and McCloud RST twin disc clutch with Fidanza aluminum flywheel, 03 Cobra aluminum driveshaft, Melling Billit gear high flow oil pump, return fuel style with Fore billit fuel hat triple walboro pumps Fore fuel rails and regulator with micron billit fuel filter, BillitFlow idlers with snub idler and 2.76 sc pulley. Metco 4# lower billit kit, Eaton polished SC, powdercoated valve covers and polished coilcovers, AEM gauges, Moroso PS tank polished, JLT Carbon Fiber RAI, FRPP red calipers & slotted/cross-drilled rotors, MGW shifter, Eibach Pro Springs, Hotchkis CC Plates, Accufab polished TB, SLP Line Lock, 3.73's, DR's, Video: Full Bassani Exhaust

http://TruForums.com

#25 OFFLINE   2+2

2+2

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 432 posts
  • Joined 06-November 06

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

i bought 2 sets one for the wifes SGT the other for my Roush 428 both wouldnt hold the hood up . called Shelby dont know who talked to. but said that batch wasnt made to specs. and sent me two new sets i think they lasted about 2 months .

ended up buying redlines for both cars been a little over a year and there still working great

JIM

Jer, I am planning on buying Hood strut Kit Z32-S5MK-16612-U for my 2008 Shelby GT. Have the issues with them failing been resolved? Do these have Shelby stickes on them?
2008 Shelby GT # 1929 1 of 148 Automatic Coupes, Navigation, HID
1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 White 289 four speed owned since 1972, family owned new
1970 Mach 1 351 Windsor restoration in progress. 1 of 47 red with vermilloin

#26 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Jer, I am planning on buying Hood strut Kit Z32-S5MK-16612-U for my 2008 Shelby GT. Have the issues with them failing been resolved? Do these have Shelby stickes on them?

Those have been good performers for us, and yes, they are Shelby-branded... these are NOT the earlier units that people had trouble with.

Jer

Lift #15

#27 OFFLINE   2+2

2+2

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 432 posts
  • Joined 06-November 06

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Those have been good performers for us, and yes, they are Shelby-branded... these are NOT the earlier units that people had trouble with.

Jer

Thanks . Perfect. I want to keep only Shelby parts on my SGT and display the brand..
2008 Shelby GT # 1929 1 of 148 Automatic Coupes, Navigation, HID
1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 White 289 four speed owned since 1972, family owned new
1970 Mach 1 351 Windsor restoration in progress. 1 of 47 red with vermilloin

#28 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Thanks . Perfect. I want to keep only Shelby parts on my SGT and display the brand..

Thank you!

:salute:

Jer

Lift #15

#29 OFFLINE   Amigo GT500

Amigo GT500

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,410 posts
  • Joined 05-July 11
  • Interests:Harley Davidson Motorcycles

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

According to the picture I dont see that they have Shelby stickers on it......unless that they have and I dont see them :drop:

2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake - CSM 12SS0214 - Performance White, Black Stripes, Black Wheels, Wide Body

1989 Shelby Dakota #180 - Engine Serial Number KN652001809 - White, Black & Silver Stripes (1 of 500)

2003 Shelby Pagsta Mini Motorcycle - VIN 1J9RR11573C273523 (1 of 25) - Blue, Silver Tribal. Signed by Carroll Shelby

2011 Shelby Felt Bicycle - #SF134 (1 of 500) - White, Blue Stripes

I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict. Carroll Shelby

#30 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

According to the picture I dont see that they have Shelby stickers on it......unless that they have and I dont see them :drop:

Yes, the stickers aren't seen in the photo.

Jer

Lift #15

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buyer beware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users