Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 08-November 07
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Many & Varied

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

I have a 2007 SGT.

Wondering if S/A Motorsports installs the Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger? If so, I have two more questions:

Would the Shelby Registry be updated to reflect the E-Force install?

Would the SGT be eligible for the "SGT/SC" designation?

Thanks...
CSM# 07SGT5537
1 of 2,876 Black, Manual Coupes
Bullitt Steering Wheel
Billet Lower Grille Insert
Ford Racing Front Lower A-Arm Brace
Ford Racing SVT Mustang Wheels
Michelin Pilot A/S Plus 275-40ZR 18 Tires
Tamed The Dragon / U.S. HWY 129; 318 curves in 11 miles!

#2 OFFLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,993 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

I have a 2007 SGT.

Wondering if S/A Motorsports installs the Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger? Yes, the Shelby Speedshop would be able to install the Edelbrock SC. If so, I have two more questions:

Would the Shelby Registry be updated to reflect the E-Force install? Yes, this modification can and should be added to your Shelby Registry entry.

Would the SGT be eligible for the "SGT/SC" designation? No, you would need to go with the Whipple or KB supercharger along with having the GT/SC package installed by an authorized Shelby mod shop for our SGT to be designated as a GT/SC model.

Thanks...

See answers above in red. You may reach the Shelby Speed Shop at 702-942-1719 or the Shelby sales department (mod shop) at 702-942-7325

Steve

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@ShelbyAmerican.com

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#3 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,586 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Planes, cars, good times, good friends!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Steve - Just curious if you know of any attempt between Carroll and Vic to work up a deal with the E-Force, or maybe they talked and couldn't agree? I've got nothing against Kenne-Bell, Whipple, or Paxton, but my limited research pointed me towards the E-Force. I may have had Shelby do the mod with one of the other superchargers, but there's nothing within 1000 miles of my location! (You guys really need a mod shop in the Southeast!)

The E-Force was a no-brainer install and I'm very pleased, I'll just have to do without the GT/SC designation!

Sam
AKA:
Posted Image
My Trademark - Don't even think about using it!
In Memory Of Willy T

#4 OFFLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,993 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

Steve - Just curious if you know of any attempt between Carroll and Vic to work up a deal with the E-Force, or maybe they talked and couldn't agree? I've got nothing against Kenne-Bell, Whipple, or Paxton, but my limited research pointed me towards the E-Force. I may have had Shelby do the mod with one of the other superchargers, but there's nothing within 1000 miles of my location! (You guys really need a mod shop in the Southeast!)

The E-Force was a no-brainer install and I'm very pleased, I'll just have to do without the GT/SC designation!

Sam

As far as I know the answer would be no regarding Shelby & Edelbrock discussing SAI using the Eforce SC. On a personal note, I looked at the Edelbrock set-up and although I liked it mechanically, I just couldn't get past the cosmetics. Something about those coil covers and the Edelbrock script pasted everywhere.

Keep us posted on how your install goes.

Steve

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#5 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,586 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Yes, the coil covers were over the top to say the least - I left them off and I like that look much better, and there's no "Supercharged" label anywhere! Without the coil covers, it almost looks like the stock manifold! I can't count the number of people that look at the engine and ask about the Edelbrock "intake"! Very stealthy and great numbers with only 5 psi and the FRPP CAI: 460HP/428TQ at the rear wheels!

Sam
AKA:
Posted Image
In Memory Of Willy T

#6 OFFLINE   avidShelby

avidShelby

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 08-November 07
  • Interests:Many & Varied

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Steve - Thanks for providing the answers.

Sam - Thanks for carrying the torch. You've provided the light, perhaps one day others may see it.

- Gary
CSM# 07SGT5537
1 of 2,876 Black, Manual Coupes
Bullitt Steering Wheel
Billet Lower Grille Insert
Ford Racing Front Lower A-Arm Brace
Ford Racing SVT Mustang Wheels
Michelin Pilot A/S Plus 275-40ZR 18 Tires
Tamed The Dragon / U.S. HWY 129; 318 curves in 11 miles!

#7 OFFLINE   ingram4868

ingram4868

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,363 posts
  • Joined 05-September 05
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Love of God, Family and Great Cars

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

AvidShelby, have you posted any pics of the SC? I have not seen any info about their SC and I would love to see an installed product.
David Ingram
Sparks, NV.
Newest addition 1100 mile 2007 GT500

#8 OFFLINE   shelbymotorsports

shelbymotorsports

SAI Registry Supervisor

• 6,993 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Yes, the coil covers were over the top to say the least - I left them off and I like that look much better, and there's no "Supercharged" label anywhere! Without the coil covers, it almost looks like the stock manifold! I can't count the number of people that look at the engine and ask about the Edelbrock "intake"! Very stealthy and great numbers with only 5 psi and the FRPP CAI: 460HP/428TQ at the rear wheels!

Sam

Would love to see some pics of the stealth look. Perhaps thats the way to go.

Steve

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   FordFan1

FordFan1

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Joined 11-May 09
  • Region:Pacific Northwest
  • Interests:Open Track & performance driving
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Would love to see some pics of the stealth look. Perhaps thats the way to go.

Steve

Here is a few shots of Lgs ShelbyGT - Larry and I did the install ourselves

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kerry T
Pacific NW
2012 Shelby Bash, 50th Anniversary Of The Cobra and Celebration of all things Shelby -
Utube of me and my SGT making some laps at Spring Mountain with street tires, 2,970 total miles traveled that week.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ufOA9Tf3akA

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH YOUR SHELBY LATELY??
His- 2008 #08SGT0527- built 9/6/2007- purchased new 5/10/09
Wife- 2001 Roush Stage 3 Roushchargered - NO LONGER! traded in on 4/5/14 for 335i retractable roof

Just cuz- 1992 LX notch survivor with 72k miles

DSC_0252-1.jpg

#10 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,586 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Larry's set up is identical to mine! Though the Edelbrock clearly says E-Force on top, there's no supercharged label anywhere. Those that know are even fooled because the pulley is buried "in the valley". There's hardly any whine/whistle from the s/c at speed, especially if you have louder than stock pipes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

All in all, a nice package!

Sam

Edited by 2007_Shelby_GT, 18 November 2012 - 11:59 AM.

AKA:
Posted Image
In Memory Of Willy T

#11 OFFLINE   Lgs ShelbyGT

Lgs ShelbyGT

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Northwest Region
  • 496 posts
  • Joined 19-September 08
  • Interests:cars, street bikes, sand dunes & ATVs, snow skiing & martial arts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for sharing Kerry !
Yet another bonus from you picking up my SGT from the dyno shop :)

Our install is a tuner kit with a smaller pulley which runs 7-9 psi but similar numbers (450 RWHP / 443 RWT) to Sam's tune both with FRPP CAI that came stock with SGTs
(lots more on tap with forged internals)

Edited by Lgs ShelbyGT, 19 November 2012 - 09:47 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
2007 Shelby GT Black 07SGT1717
E-force w/FRPP CAI (450 rwhp/443 rwt), McLeod RST, FRPP radiator, Brembos & SS lines, KR r axle reservoir, Steeda LCAs, Roush Off Road axle backs + other stuff
Still setting on the shelf to install: Fays2 Watts Link, FRPP front brake cooling ducts, GT500 splitter, UPR catch can (how to mount it...)
Ancient History:
1965 Mustang - 289 4brl, 4spd, Pony Pack, factory traction bars (1968-1971)
1968 Mustang California Special - 351W 4brl with Shaker hood 426HP
line lock, cool can, Shelby suspension upgrades, etc (1973)

#12 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,586 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

I've considered grinding-off the "Edelbrock E-Force" logo on the top of the S/C, but I'm concerned about how much material is there, (obviously I don't want to grind a hole in the s/c!)

Another option would be to have a custom billet aluminum cover made and place that over the logo - maybe something with the "Berg Shelby" snake logo engraved on it!

Sam
AKA:
Posted Image
In Memory Of Willy T

#13 OFFLINE   IASHELBYGT

IASHELBYGT

White Lightning with 66 DNA

• Northern Plains Region
  • 1,700 posts
  • Joined 29-March 06
  • Region:Northern Plains
  • Interests:Shelby & Ford Vehicles and Iowa Hawkeye sports.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

I've considered grinding-off the "Edelbrock E-Force" logo on the top of the S/C, but I'm concerned about how much material is there, (obviously I don't want to grind a hole in the s/c!)

Another option would be to have a custom billet aluminum cover made and place that over the logo - maybe something with the "Berg Shelby" snake logo engraved on it!

Sam

Sam,
I wonder if a good powder coater could coat the SC with a gloss white finish? I have custom coated white shelby engraved valve covers, so am going to look into that.
IASHELBYGT- IOWA CITY, IOWA - HAWKEYE FAN

2006 Legend Lime GT Automatic w/Camel Leather. Interior upgrade w/satin aluminum panel, active anti-theft and 17" machined aluminum wheels. 1/1,790 produced in Legend Lime.
2007 Performance White 5-speed SGT w/light graphite leather. Interior upgrade w/satin aluminum panel, active anti-theft & wheel locking kit. 1/1,771 white 5-speeds produced, 1/639 with light graphite interior.
2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 6-Speed w/charcol black cloth bucket. Recaro sport seats/Helical differenial, Boss car cover, boss floor mats. 1/429 produced in grabber blue.

#14 OFFLINE   H0050

H0050

H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 5,070 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Cars, wakeboarding, fishing & family
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

Why is all the talk about removing Edelbrock logo. While the covers are terrible IMO, Vic and Carrol have been long freinds and have seen Edelbrock manifolds on Shelby cars. I think this is a great modern SC and you should not be so fast to remove the logo. Just my thought. To that end,Enjoy the power!
Harald #50

CSM 06H0050: Registered as a Shelby GT-H/SC
Black CS 69 w/ 255/45/18 & 285/40/18 BFG G-Force KDW
Lower Billet Grill
Air Bag Signed by Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan, Gary Davis, Gary Patterson & Cleo Shelby
40th Anniversary Signature Floor Mats w/ Gold Stripes
Shelby GT Plus & Eradispeed 14" brakes & S/S brake lines
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
SAI installed polished Paxton SC # 0066 w/ GT 500 fuel pump
GT-H/SC side stripes
Shelby gauges & gauge pod
424RWHP 367 Torque
KR rear end expansion tank
2009 Shelby Bash top 20 winner
2011 Bash In & Out cruise recognition plaque
Painted over the top stripes
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood
2014 Vegas Bash Show & Shine Class Winner

The race is run, the flag unfurled, the champion now will rest.
God speed, Carroll Shelby, we will never forget you.
CARROLL H SHELBY

Jan. 11, 1923 May 10, 2012

http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/030.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/035.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/037.jpg

#15 OFFLINE   FordFan1

FordFan1

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Joined 11-May 09
  • Interests:Open Track & performance driving
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Why is all the talk about removing Edelbrock logo. While the covers are terrible IMO, Vic and Carrol have been long freinds and have seen Edelbrock manifolds on Shelby cars. I think this is a great modern SC and you should not be so fast to remove the logo. Just my thought. To that end,Enjoy the power!

I agree, looks right right at home !!!

Kerry T
Pacific NW
2012 Shelby Bash, 50th Anniversary Of The Cobra and Celebration of all things Shelby -
Utube of me and my SGT making some laps at Spring Mountain with street tires, 2,970 total miles traveled that week.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ufOA9Tf3akA

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH YOUR SHELBY LATELY??
His- 2008 #08SGT0527- built 9/6/2007- purchased new 5/10/09
Wife- 2001 Roush Stage 3 Roushchargered - NO LONGER! traded in on 4/5/14 for 335i retractable roof

Just cuz- 1992 LX notch survivor with 72k miles

DSC_0252-1.jpg

#16 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Nothing wrong with an Edelbrock logo on anything, anytime.

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#17 OFFLINE   rdrawkit

rdrawkit

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Joined 04-March 12
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:fast cars....faster women....music
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

IMHO..Leave it alone...Looks very good...

#18 OFFLINE   doogie65

doogie65

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts
  • Joined 07-July 09
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

I toyed with getting a custom billet cover for the E-force script on the top as well, but decided to leave it alone. IMO, without the billboard side covers, the E-force is by far the cleanest looking supercharger set-up for our 3v's.

Posted Image

Edited by doogie65, 24 November 2012 - 06:11 AM.

07 Alloy vert
Full auto conversion

Edelbrock E-force 424RWHP/400RWTQ (stock air box), TCI shifter, Roush billet LCAs, GTA mufflers, Bullitt suspension, Powerhouse DS, GT500 pumps, Afco HE, GT500 Brembo's

CDC light bar, Classic chin spoiler & rear blackout, Agent 47 mirrors, SHR billet interior, '10 GT500 wheels, Moroso tanks/covers, Bullitt steering wheel & dash, Foose Hood, CDC billet grills

Foosehood_outside2-1-2.jpg

#19 OFFLINE   07SGT0547

07SGT0547

2007 SGT Registrar

• Team Shelby Registrar
  • 2,038 posts
  • Joined 30-April 07
  • Interests:2007 Shelby GT
    2012 BOSS 302

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

I was "leaning" heavily towards doing the SGT/SC upgrade myself using the Edelbrock setup posted here... However, I decided to go a completely different route and trade-up to a BOSS 302 :wub2:

However, I do like the looks of this setup on a 5.0L "Coyote" Engine :spend:

Posted Image
Not sure I would S/C the stock BOSS "Road Runner" Engine due to the higher 11.0 Compression Ratio...

But if I had the extra $$$, I would pull the OEM Engine and put it away for safe keeping...

389057_3783061688469_748411978_n.jpg

Gregg ~ 2007 Shelby GT Registrar

Register Your Shelby

#20 OFFLINE   mikesdream

mikesdream

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 546 posts
  • Joined 07-November 07
  • Interests:Mustangs, sport bikes, vintage aircraft, and german food.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

I was "leaning" heavily towards doing the SGT/SC upgrade myself using the Edelbrock setup posted here... However, I decided to go a completely different route and trade-up to a BOSS 302 :wub2:

However, I do like the looks of this setup on a 5.0L "Coyote" Engine :spend:

Posted Image
Not sure I would S/C the stock BOSS "Road Runner" Engine due to the higher 11.0 Compression Ratio...

But if I had the extra $$$, I would pull the OEM Engine and put it away for safe keeping...

Who are you kidding, you already went through 1 engine : )
Can I please get a "Green" Shelby : )

#21 OFFLINE   mikesdream

mikesdream

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 546 posts
  • Joined 07-November 07
  • Interests:Mustangs, sport bikes, vintage aircraft, and german food.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

I would love to put the Bosses toe to toe this year at the bash. It will not be the same without you. Please tell me you changed you mind.
Attached File  yo bro.jpg   218.88KB   9 downloads
Can I please get a "Green" Shelby : )

#22 OFFLINE   07SGT0547

07SGT0547

2007 SGT Registrar

• Team Shelby Registrar
  • 2,038 posts
  • Joined 30-April 07
    2012 BOSS 302

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Who are you kidding, you already went through 1 engine : )

Which is exactly why I'd pull the "new" BOSS engine and use this one for "regular" driving...

Register Your Shelby

#23 OFFLINE   07SGT0547

07SGT0547

2007 SGT Registrar

• Team Shelby Registrar
  • 2,038 posts
  • Joined 30-April 07
    2012 BOSS 302

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

I would love to put the Bosses toe to toe this year at the bash. It will not be the same without you. Please tell me you changed you mind.
Attached File  yo bro.jpg   218.88KB   9 downloads

Wish it was different... But having the BASH in March really puts a crimp in my "work" schedule... Maybe you should bring that BOSS of yours out to Tulsa in June for Mid-America... Or better yet, Dearborn/Woodward in August...

Register Your Shelby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users