ShelbyII

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Northwest Region
  • 197 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08
  • Region:Pacific Northwest
  • Interests:.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

FRPP revised the models years to 2005-2013 for the LS Rear Seat Delete and added a grey version. $935 at Tousley Ford.

http://www.fordracin...tKeyField=22836

http://www.fordracin...tKeyField=23329
Formerly 428CJ®

2008 Shelby GT500 Vapor/Black

#2 OFFLINE   Tob

Tob

Neo Rapscallion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Joined 25-November 08

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

What's important is that they listen and react to their customer base. The RSD is a great addition to any S197 chassis owner looking to go on a diet while adding strength at the same time.

#3 OFFLINE   Husky44

Husky44

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Northwest Region
  • 167 posts
  • Joined 24-August 12
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Cars
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

I'm curious: Does anyone know what makes it for "coupe only"? How much modification will it take to fit it to a convertible? Thinking of this option if I add a roll bar. (I have no idea why I can't turn off underlining--THIS FORUM HOST DOES NOT WORK WELL AT ALL WITH WINDOWS 8 AND INTERNET EXPLORER 9 OR 10!)
2013 GT500 Convertible: Grabber Blue, Black Stripes, SVTPP, NAV, Recaros, Shaker Pro
Posted Image

1967 Mustang Convertible: Restomod (in progress)--347, TF heads and intake, World Class T5, 8.8 with 4:10s, Cobra 4 wheel disc brakes...

#4 OFFLINE   Albino500

Albino500

Team Shelby Racer

• 1,839 posts
  • Joined 19-March 12
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Road Racing my Shelby GT and cruising my GT500

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Looks great - Maybe SPP could make a Shelby lettered brushed aluminum plate to go over the recessed section that says Mustang ( or even have an autopen Carroll Shelby signature on it for us Shelby owners) I'll put in a suggestion in the parts section.
2007 GT500 Built on 7/27/2006
#918 of a build of 8152 coupes
#212 of 2252 in Performance White

Member of Terlingua Racing Team
Member of the "Clean Butt Club" - Class of 2010
2012 Shelby American 50th Anniversary Vegas Bash Car Show "Class" Award Winner

2007 SGT-California Edition Built on 5/15/2007
CSM#07SGT4755
1 of 89 Shelby GT-California Editions done in Performance White/Silver Stripes
Converted to " SCCA SMG Class " race car - 2/04/2013

#5 OFFLINE   JimC

JimC

SnakeBite

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,867 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
  • Interests:Life Family friends. Fast cars, Good music, Good times. Fine foods-creating new recipes & BBQ. Spending time at the lake, in the forest, Shooting, hiking.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

I'm curious: Does anyone know what makes it for "coupe only"? How much modification will it take to fit it to a convertible? Thinking of this option if I add a roll bar. (I have no idea why I can't turn off underlining--THIS FORUM HOST DOES NOT WORK WELL AT ALL WITH WINDOWS 8 AND INTERNET EXPLORER 9 OR 10!)

First nice cars!
Now let me take a stab at this.
Coups have the fold down seat, they have hardware bracing & mounts missing in the vert. Also the vert needs the room for the top to drop this kit might interfere with that function; don’t forget the motor, line and wires for the top.
Two options
Get the kit and modify it.
Go to an upholstery shop they can make you a nice custom rear seat delete, then go to a fabrication/weld shop and have them build a roll bar and make the brace to fit.
If you are going to add a roll bar do that first because the seat delete will need to be cut to fit around the back bar supports.

Edited by JimC, 17 November 2012 - 01:13 PM.

02/16/07 Built at Auto Alliance International
Convertible - Hardtop
07/20/08 Shelby Automotive Super Snake Conversion: CSM #07SS0085

SnakeBite

Posted Image

Tuning by: Lund Racing. Tune Install, Analysis & Dyno's by Advanced Engineering Development (AED)
Engine & Drive-line Assembled, Modified & Fitted by: Santos Ford
Custom Fabrication: David's Racing
Modification and Service by: C&J Auto

Does anyone really know when all the madness ends? When is enough is enough?

With in the Fellowship of all car enthusiasts, there is a need for speed that cannot be denied, cannot be contained and will never be satisfied.
We will continue to improve and refine, pushing forward in relentless effort to redefine limits beyond expectation.
In the world of the true car enthusiast, There is no such belief that it can't be done, only the belief that "If you can imagine it, you can make it happen"
JRC

#6 OFFLINE   Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

THIS FORUM HOST DOES NOT WORK WELL AT ALL WITH WINDOWS 8 AND INTERNET EXPLORER 9 OR 10!)

Check and see if IE has the compatibility setting in the Tools menu. That may solve your problem

2013 GT500 Coupe - HPW with Black Stripes - SVT PP - SVT TP - Redline Hood Struts - Yeager Bros Front Gravel Guards - Bob's Oil Separator -AirAid Blue Non-Oiled Air Filter - CarboTech 1521 Ceramic Brake Pads - Resonator Eliminator Kit - WeatherTech Floor Mats
Car Ordered 5-27-2012 - Delivered 1-26-2013

#7 OFFLINE   Tob

Tob

Neo Rapscallion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Joined 25-November 08

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

The X brace won't work with convertible S197's. It was brought up when I did my writeup on it...

http://www.svtperfor...-6346612-a.html

#8 OFFLINE   rdrawkit

rdrawkit

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Joined 04-March 12
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:fast cars....faster women....music
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hey TOB..Very good write up...Finished product looks great....I'm putting it on my wish list with other wishes...Will try and find the cheapest price...Our auto upholstery guy wants to see the pictures and thinks he can do the same for alot less...The X BRACE will be built by the race shop......Geezzzz I gotta stay off this forum....

#9 OFFLINE   bunny

bunny

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:cars and bars

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

i got this for my new 2013 GT-350 930$ from my local ford dealer.... it is awsome!!! i took off the mustang ( it is just a decal) and put on a shelby on the cross brace... this should be a option from shelby!!!

#10 OFFLINE   JimC

JimC

SnakeBite

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,867 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
  • Interests:Life Family friends. Fast cars, Good music, Good times. Fine foods-creating new recipes & BBQ. Spending time at the lake, in the forest, Shooting, hiking.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

Check and see if IE has the compatibility setting in the Tools menu. That may solve your problem

Switch to Firefox much better and no more bugs crashes or slow downs since I shut down ie. Down side there is a learning curve that takes about two weeks to learn. And there is a ton of free add on's that only make it better and safer. :backtotopic:

Edited by JimC, 19 November 2012 - 11:56 AM.

02/16/07 Built at Auto Alliance International
Convertible - Hardtop
07/20/08 Shelby Automotive Super Snake Conversion: CSM #07SS0085

SnakeBite

Posted Image

Tuning by: Lund Racing. Tune Install, Analysis & Dyno's by Advanced Engineering Development (AED)
Engine & Drive-line Assembled, Modified & Fitted by: Santos Ford
Custom Fabrication: David's Racing
Modification and Service by: C&J Auto

Does anyone really know when all the madness ends? When is enough is enough?

With in the Fellowship of all car enthusiasts, there is a need for speed that cannot be denied, cannot be contained and will never be satisfied.
We will continue to improve and refine, pushing forward in relentless effort to redefine limits beyond expectation.
In the world of the true car enthusiast, There is no such belief that it can't be done, only the belief that "If you can imagine it, you can make it happen"
JRC

#11 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

i got this for my new 2013 GT-350 930$ from my local ford dealer.... it is awsome!!! i took off the mustang ( it is just a decal) and put on a shelby on the cross brace... this should be a option from shelby!!!

Wait what? Isn't it cut into the piece? The mustang part.

Edit: i just looked at Tobs thread it definitely is cut out of the brace there is no decal.

Edited by svt13, 19 November 2012 - 12:45 PM.

2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
Front splitter curb alert system
Super snake carbon fiber splitter
APR Performance carbon fiber mirror assembly
JLT CF resonator delete w/blue airaid Filter
Shelby transmission cooler scoope
BMR UCA with Mount, BMR adjustable panhard bar
Bob's billet LCA and bob's oil separator
FRPP springs
HRE p40 w/Michelin Super sport tires

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users