peter301

Peter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 22-March 12
  • Region:South Atlantic

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

I need a little bit of help from other SGT owners. I purchased an 08 Vista Blue early this year, and I am in the process of restoring certain aspects that the previous owner had changed. One being to replace the "Powered By Ford" badges on the fenders, which I have alread found, but I need to know the placement of them. Example, at the corner closest to the front wheel, how far from the fender and how far up from strip? Also, I am reading a lot of different threads and see a few things about the factory Shelby strips: Did they only come in silver on the Vista Blue? I am looking at painting them back on, and replacing the side stripe with a painted one as well, oh and one more thing, does anyone know the font on that side strip for the SHELBY lettering?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!!

Peter

#2 OFFLINE   SGT0128

SGT0128

Team Shelby Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,538 posts
  • Joined 12-October 09
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Anything with wheels, any sport with a ball, anything that fires a projectile.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

The font is called Myriad.

Attached Files

Edited by SGT0128, 20 November 2012 - 03:03 AM.

Posted Image

Dwain Jones
Pflugerville, Texas
Shelbygtc0128@gmail.com
www.centexsvt.com

"The US Constitution should be used more as a sword for the victims rather than a shield for the guilty" Jack McCoy

2008 Shelby GT-C
CSM 08SGT0128

#3 ONLINE   JeffJ

JeffJ

Hertz #102

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 4,243 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:Mountain

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

All Shelby GT's had silver stripes other than the BJ cars with red on black. Gold on black for the GT-H's of course.

JeffJ
2006 Shelby GTH-SC #102
2013 Roush RS - Daily Driver
1993 F150 Lightning #711
1989 AutoKraft/Kenny Brown Short Wheel Base T-bird #001 with a 1969 Supercharged Boss 302 5 speed
1994 AutoKraft Short Wheel Base Lincoln MK VIII #006
2004 Freightliner M2 Business Class Mountain Master Pony Hauler (Both 4 legged and 4 tired!)
1990 7-Up LX 5.0 Convert - Auto (current basket case, building for my daughter's first car)
1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster 5.0 Coyote, PA Auto with paddle shift
1972 Ford F100 Shortbed 390 auto
1951 Ford F6 Dump Truck powered by 1985 Ford roller 5.0, full tilt font, can haul 6 tons of rock and run a 18.0 quarter!
2006 Jeep Commander 4.7 V8 - Wifes driver

#4 OFFLINE   peter301

peter301

Peter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 22-March 12

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Any help with the proper placement fo the "Power By Ford" badges on the front fenders?

#5 OFFLINE   07SGT

07SGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Joined 11-January 08
  • Region:Decline

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

I do not know the precise measurements but I would refer to the Grabber Orange of 0128 shown above. I would measure from the top of the stripe in at least two positions, at 90 degrees and rather than using the wheel well, which is curved and not going to allow a precise measurement, I would measure from the edge of the fender at the door. That should be a straight line. Then ensure that the badge is level. Good luck.

#6 OFFLINE   2007_Shelby_GT

2007_Shelby_GT

Certified Shelby Nut

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,587 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08
  • Interests:Planes, cars, good times, good friends!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

The bottom of the PBF badge should be parallel to the side stripe. From the bottom of the PBF badge to the top of the uppermost side stripe is 6.75 inches. From the edge of the door gap (panel side) to the back of the PBF badge is 3.25 inches.

Unless SAI used a template, which I suspect they did, there may be some variation in badge placement.

Sam
AKA:
Posted Image
My Trademark - Don't even think about using it!
In Memory Of Willy T

#7 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Any help with the proper placement fo the "Power By Ford" badges on the front fenders?

It's where the Cobra is on the GT500's. It appears to basically replace the Cobra (if ya know what I mean)...At least, location wise.

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#8 OFFLINE   07SGT2899

07SGT2899

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 276 posts
  • Joined 06-August 12
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:all things auto related, bicycles, metal music, machining, camping, fishing...
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

The bottom of the PBF badge should be parallel to the side stripe. From the bottom of the PBF badge to the top of the uppermost side stripe is 6.75 inches. From the edge of the door gap (panel side) to the back of the PBF badge is 3.25 inches.

Unless SAI used a template, which I suspect they did, there may be some variation in badge placement.

Sam

x2

i got just about the same measurements on my car

#9 OFFLINE   TheKurgan

TheKurgan

Fast Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,053 posts
  • Joined 09-January 08
  • Interests:Racing,Flyfishing,Kayaking

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

I've never done it but I've watched body shops do it. They measure, then tape it off to to make sure it's perfectly level.
07 SGT - JDM302E, Paxton Novi 1500, Spec 3+, FRPP cams/intake/TB, Kooks, Tial 50mm BOV - 637 rwhp/547 rwtq - Tuned by VMP

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   peter301

peter301

Peter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 22-March 12

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

Thank you to all for the help...

I am upgrading and replacing a lot of little things and some major. Will post pic's once it is completely done for all to see..

Quick opinion wanted: Leave the strip delete or I may paint them back on, but leaning towards a matte black or a lighter gun metal to match the wheels when they are done. Just food for thought, I like a darker meaner look than a bling, bling chrome, so I am also leaning to powder coat the rims in that same lighter guy metal with the inside of each spoke painted in Vista Blue. (Also like to be a little different)

#11 OFFLINE   michschi

michschi

Mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 305 posts
  • Joined 29-June 10
  • Interests:Driving the Shelby!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Stripes should be silver.

That is why we have company cars, so we don't have to drive ours that way!

Posted Image

Sponsored by Specialty Coatings

#12 OFFLINE   2+2

2+2

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 436 posts
  • Joined 06-November 06
  • Region:Northern Plains

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Thank you to all for the help...

I am upgrading and replacing a lot of little things and some major. Will post pic's once it is completely done for all to see..

Quick opinion wanted: Leave the strip delete or I may paint them back on, but leaning towards a matte black or a lighter gun metal to match the wheels when they are done. Just food for thought, I like a darker meaner look than a bling, bling chrome, so I am also leaning to powder coat the rims in that same lighter guy metal with the inside of each spoke painted in Vista Blue. (Also like to be a little different)

I like it just the way Carroll Shelby built it. I think the look is the best of the new era Shelby's, and Vista Blue and Silver the best color combination.

But after all, it is still a Mustang, so do your thing..
2008 Shelby GT # 1929 1 of 148 Automatic Coupes, Navigation, HID
1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 White 289 four speed owned since 1972, family owned new
1970 Mach 1 351 Windsor restoration in progress. 1 of 47 red with vermilloin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users