Snake Handler

Team Shelby Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 875 posts
  • Joined 07-April 08
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Cars, guns, auto racing

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

I will say it for you, as Chris Rock would say on Saturday Night Live in one of his skits "Good Lawd! thats a lot of money"
"Stand Tall, Never Eat $hit, And Conquer the Fear"

USAF Retired

2013 Boss 302 GB #2654
2008 GT500 Torch Red Vert
1966 Mustang Coupe
1973 Cougar XR7 Vert
2004 F150 FX4 Super Crew Cab

#92 OFFLINE   Albino500

Albino500

Team Shelby Racer

• 1,823 posts
  • Joined 19-March 12
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Road Racing my Shelby GT and cruising my GT500

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Now I'll give my opinion of the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. Compared to the Goddyear F1 G:2 they ride noticably softer, along with a lot less noise. They are cold temperature sensitive though, but not nearly as bad as the Goodyear tires. They have great traction above 65 degrees, but lose a considerable amount of traction at 45 degrees. I don't feel that they are dangerous to drive at the lower temperatures, where as with the Goodyear I wouldn't drive the car if temperatures went below 55 degrees.. The Goodyears lost all traction at 55 degrees or lower, where as the Michelin has much more grip at this temperature. In fact I felt that the Michelin exhibited as much traction at 45 degrees as the Godyears do at 60 degrees. The Michelins do pick up sand and small gravel when warm and throw it up in the wheel wells very similar to the Goodyear tire. The other thing I've noticed is turn in to a corner seems to be lighter, with a quicker response than with the Goodyear tires.

As far as fitting the 315 in the rear this is extremely close to the inner fender insulation. The inner fender insulation needs to be removed. Occasionaly the tire will also rub on each side on large globs of seem sealer. The seam sealer is protruding roughly a 1/4" into the wheel well and I will cut it down to smooth things down and hopefully not rub it again. It seem the only time it rubs is on driveway aprons while turning into them, so the suspension is both articulated side to side and twisted at the same time. The 285 on the front have not touched anything, regardless of how articulated.

Glad to hear that you're happy with the Michelins . I know my next comment will cause controversy but , here it is - I notice that Alex ( Mckenzie Mustangs) cuts the inner bracket on the inner rear wheel well to gain clearance for the larger rear tires ( if that is where your rubbing occurs ) I also like the idea of having the suspension stop centered ( Zombeast makes a relocate bracket for that ) and the other thing ( here it goes ) is to install a chassis mounted watts linkage setup ( Fays2 is my choice ). JMO just somethings to consider to protect those beautiful wheels and tires. Thanks for the confirmation of the 285's fitting on the front with no problems ( I know some were doubting that ) .
2007 GT500 Built on 7/27/2006
#918 of a build of 8152 coupes
#212 of 2252 in Performance White

Member of Terlingua Racing Team
Member of the "Clean Butt Club" - Class of 2010
2012 Shelby American 50th Anniversary Vegas Bash Car Show "Class" Award Winner

2007 SGT-California Edition Built on 5/15/2007
CSM#07SGT4755
1 of 89 Shelby GT-California Editions done in Performance White/Silver Stripes
Converted to " SCCA SMG Class " race car - 2/04/2013

#93 OFFLINE   Mr. Haney

Mr. Haney

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • Joined 09-July 12

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Glad to hear that you're happy with the Michelins . I know my next comment will cause controversy but , here it is - I notice that Alex ( Mckenzie Mustangs) cuts the inner bracket on the inner rear wheel well to gain clearance for the larger rear tires ( if that is where your rubbing occurs ) I also like the idea of having the suspension stop centered ( Zombeast makes a relocate bracket for that ) and the other thing ( here it goes ) is to install a chassis mounted watts linkage setup ( Fays2 is my choice ). JMO just somethings to consider to protect those beautiful wheels and tires. Thanks for the confirmation of the 285's fitting on the front with no problems ( I know some were doubting that ) .

You are not going to create controversy with me about a suggestion you may have. I know everybody likes the Watts Link over the panhard rod, but I'm happy with the set up I have now and doubt the watts link will help me much. My Kenny Brown panhard rod is not mounted in the stock location and sits both much lower than the stock rod and much closer to parallel with the axle housing. This bar also has spherical bearings instead of bushing for less deflection

The rubbing is actually the sound deadening carpet/fabric material that is new for the 2013 model cars. It is held in place with a few plastic nuts with a blind bolt and nut system in the wheel well. Remove the nuts and the fabric wheel well liner will come out easily. 2012 and earlier Mustangs use a spray in undercoating to deaden the noise from the wheel well from entering the interior cabin Ford made this change in 2013 and the fabric hangs a 1/4" or more into the wheel well causing the interference I'm seeing. The seem sealer issue is somebody at the factory applied waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much and globs of it hanging out below the fabric causing the issue with it. Trim it back and I doubt it will ever cause another issue of tire rub or the tire actually rubbing any portion on the steel body work in the wheel well. Alex did have to trim the bump stop bracket from the frame, but my tire and wheel both clear these pieces at full suspension droop without any issues. He used 11.75" rear wheel width and 335 tires this is the reason he had to do the modifications

The other concern was would the 285 follow the grooves or ruts in the road surface. I'll say at this time they exhibit less tendency to follow road contours, grooves and ruts than the stock 265 Goodyear tires did. I'm very happy with them

#94 OFFLINE   Albino500

Albino500

Team Shelby Racer

• 1,823 posts
  • Joined 19-March 12

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Good to hear and I appreciate the incite on the KB panard bar setup . At least you got your moneys worth in seam sealer from Ford ( he-he ) and you did check the clearance with the brackets . I know that Alex went with 335's but that was to compensate for something else ( you know what they say ) LOL and Enjoy the Ride !

CSM#07SGT4755

#95 OFFLINE   Mr. Haney

Mr. Haney

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • Joined 09-July 12

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

Here are pictures of the car and wheels clean

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#96 OFFLINE   Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Mr. Haney,
Is the car Race Red or Red Candy Metallic?

2013 GT500 Coupe - HPW with Black Stripes - SVT PP - SVT TP - Redline Hood Struts - Yeager Bros Front Gravel Guards - Bob's Oil Separator -AirAid Blue Non-Oiled Air Filter - CarboTech 1521 Ceramic Brake Pads - Resonator Eliminator Kit - WeatherTech Floor Mats
Car Ordered 5-27-2012 - Delivered 1-26-2013

#97 OFFLINE   Mr. Haney

Mr. Haney

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • Joined 09-July 12

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Mr. Haney,
Is the car Race Red or Red Candy Metallic?

Snoopy, it is Red Candy Metallic Tinted this is why it looks different colors in different lighting situations. It is also why 50% of the cameras used to take pictures of it, make it look like a solid orange/red color in bright sunlight. This picture are from a far enough distance from the car that the color doesn't turn orange

Posted Image

Edited by Mr. Haney, 25 December 2012 - 01:31 PM.

#98 OFFLINE   Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Looks good, I thought that it may have been Candy, but wasn't sure. Red has got to the hardest color to capture on a digital camera. Like you said, most of them look orange. Not the case with yours.

Edited by Snoopy49, 25 December 2012 - 02:04 PM.

2013 GT500 Coupe - HPW with Black Stripes - SVT PP - SVT TP - Redline Hood Struts - Yeager Bros Front Gravel Guards - Bob's Oil Separator -AirAid Blue Non-Oiled Air Filter - CarboTech 1521 Ceramic Brake Pads - Resonator Eliminator Kit - WeatherTech Floor Mats
Car Ordered 5-27-2012 - Delivered 1-26-2013

#99 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

I finally talked with wheelsbotique. These wheels are more than HREs!!! 1500 more and you are in carbon fiber wheel territory. Unfortunately I won't be able to join you Mr.Haney in having these wheels.
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
Front splitter curb alert system
Super snake carbon fiber splitter
APR Performance carbon fiber mirror assembly
JLT CF resonator delete w/blue airaid Filter
Shelby transmission cooler scoope
BMR UCA with Mount, BMR adjustable panhard bar
Bob's billet LCA and bob's oil separator
FRPP springs
HRE p40 w/Michelin Super sport tires

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#100 OFFLINE   Mr. Haney

Mr. Haney

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • Joined 09-July 12

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

I finally talked with wheelsbotique. These wheels are more than HREs!!! 1500 more and you are in carbon fiber wheel territory. Unfortunately I won't be able to join you Mr.Haney in having these wheels.

These wheels are comparable in pricing to the HRE. Did you ask for what I bought? If you did then you also were quoted the price of 4 Michelin PSS tires, 4 OEM TPMS for the 13 GT500, the mounting and balancing of the tires and the shipping of all these items to me in the quote

A true one piece carbon fiber wheel from Carbon Revolution is more than twice the cost of one of these wheels

Edited by Mr. Haney, 28 December 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#101 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

These wheels are comparable in pricing to the HRE. Did you ask for what I bought? If you did then you also were quoted the price of 4 Michelin PSS tires, 4 OEM TPMS for the 13 GT500, the mounting and balancing of the tires and the shipping of all these items to me in the quote

A true one piece carbon fiber wheel from Carbon Revolution is more than twice the cost of one of these wheels

I asked about your wheel they said 6300 just for the wheels. When I asked about the HREs with michelin 4 PSS tires and mounting and balancing they quoted me 6800 but I'm going to see if I can nudge them a little lower
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#102 OFFLINE   Albino500

Albino500

Team Shelby Racer

• 1,823 posts
  • Joined 19-March 12

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Good then leave Mr. Haney alone and just sit back and drool over the pics of his car.

I asked about your wheel they said 6300 just for the wheels. When I asked about the HREs with michelin 4 PSS tires and mounting and balancing they quoted me 6800 but I'm going to see if I can nudge them a little lower

They won't unless you become a dealer besides don't you have a couple of sets of Alcoas to sell ( or return ) before you buy any more wheels and what does that have to do with Mr. Haney and his ADV.1 wheels . Start your own thread on you and HRE wheels - do not do that here !

Haney - get that beauty in the garage before the snow hits !

Edited by Albino500, 29 December 2012 - 10:53 PM.

CSM#07SGT4755

#103 OFFLINE   patrickshelby

patrickshelby

Team Shelby Member

• World-Wide Region
  • 939 posts
  • Joined 20-October 08
  • Region:European Union

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

Mr.Haney,
This combination is awsome.
It fits as much rubber as possible (without surgering the car) and the look is absolutely "killer".
Even your tire choice is the best one you could do...IMO
Perfect! Bravo!
Thank you for the superb pictures.

#104 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

Good then leave Mr. Haney alone and just sit back and drool over the pics of his car.
They won't unless you become a dealer besides don't you have a couple of sets of Alcoas to sell ( or return ) before you buy any more wheels and what does that have to do with Mr. Haney and his ADV.1 wheels . Start your own thread on you and HRE wheels - do not do that here !

I will be sitting back and admiring those wheels. And snow has already hit our area 2x this past week but its already gone now fortunately.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Mods undecided about:

#105 OFFLINE   Mr. Haney

Mr. Haney

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • Joined 09-July 12

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Thank you Albino

I'm going to take it for a quick spin tomorrow to have the oil changed, then it will be tucked away for the rest of the winter.

#106 OFFLINE   Mr. Haney

Mr. Haney

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • Joined 09-July 12

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Thank you Albino

I'm going to take it for a quick spin tomorrow to have the oil changed, then it will be tucked away for the rest of the winter.

#107 OFFLINE   Mr. Haney

Mr. Haney

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • Joined 09-July 12

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Mr.Haney,
This combination is awsome.
It fits as much rubber as possible (without surgering the car) and the look is absolutely "killer".
Even your tire choice is the best one you could do...IMO
Perfect! Bravo!
Thank you for the superb pictures.

Thank You patrick

I wanted to make sure others could see that the tires could fit with the proper wheel offsets.

You're welcome

#108 OFFLINE   Mr. Haney

Mr. Haney

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • Joined 09-July 12

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

Wheels Boutique has these pictures on their flickr account of the wheels and tires on my car

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#109 OFFLINE   MJN

MJN

Team Shelby Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 678 posts
  • Joined 12-May 12
  • Region:Great Lakes
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

Love it, awesome combo!

12 GT500 Blk Stripe Delete
Borla Cat back, JLT carbon fiber intake and splash guards, 3M Clear Bra, Kenny Brown Matrix Brace
AFCO Pro H/E, MGW Shifter, Shelby Oil Seperator
AMSOIL Dealer

#110 OFFLINE   Iceman5000

Iceman5000

Team Shelby New Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 199 posts
  • Joined 19-March 12

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Very Sharp!!

#111 OFFLINE   bergenfelter

bergenfelter

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined 07-April 12
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Wheels Boutique has these pictures on their flickr account of the wheels and tires on my car

I am sure ADV gave you a healthy discount off the wheels for advertising with your shiny new Shelby. (Beautiful combo.)

B)

#112 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Who took all these pictures and gave them to wheelsboutique in florida if you are in MD?

Wheels look very nice.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Mods undecided about:

#113 OFFLINE   NMAv

NMAv

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Joined 10-January 11
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:hockey, family, weight lifting, cars

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Nice!

~ NMAv

2011 highly modified Shelby GT500 with SVTPP (Kona Blue)

#114 OFFLINE   Mr. Haney

Mr. Haney

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • Joined 09-July 12

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Love it, awesome combo!

Very Sharp!!

Nice!

Thanks guys. The exterior is almost finished. The next few things that will be added are the Roush side and rear splitters, Super Snake chin spoiler and hood should finish it off nicely. Then it will be time to start under the hood :)

I am sure ADV gave you a healthy discount off the wheels for advertising with your shiny new Shelby. (Beautiful combo.)

B)

I wish. I called Wheels Boutique to ask a question about my stock tires and wheels and they told me to check out their flickr account. After seeing the pictures, I figured I'd post them, because they're better than anything I could do.

Thanks for the compliment

Who took all these pictures and gave them to wheelsboutique in florida if you are in MD?

Wheels look very nice.

You need to look at the pictures a little closer, because the trees aren't green in MD this time of year nor does the state have the climate to grow the palm trees that are in the back ground. The pictures were taken when I was in Miami last month picking up the wheels and tires, while also visiting friends in FL for a few days.

Thank you

#115 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Oh you are correct. My bad I'm too busy looking at the car to notice anything else in the background lol.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Mods undecided about:

#116 OFFLINE   Mr. Haney

Mr. Haney

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • Joined 09-July 12

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

ADV never weighed the wheels, so I have no idea how much they do weigh. I'll say this I did pick up the 10 x 20 wheel before they mounted the tire.........it was light in my opinion.

I weighed the tires and wheel after it was mounted

285/35/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sport with the wheels weighs 56.1 lbs

315/35/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sport with the wheels weighs 60.51 lbs

I don't have the stock wheel/tire combos weights at the moment to compare this info too, but I will in a week or two.

I finally got around to weighing my stock tire and wheel combination to see how much weight I did lose or gain with the new tire and wheel combo.

SVTPP wheel in 9.5" x19" with Goodyear 265/40/19 tire weighs 60.0. lbs. The ADV.1 10" x 20 " with a Michelin PSS 285/35/20 is 3.9 lbs lighter

SVTPP wheel in 9.5" x 20 with Goodyear 285/35/20 tire weighs 61.8 lbs. The ADV.1 11" x 20" with a Michelin PSS 315/35/20 is 1.29 lbs lighter

I'm actually surprised that I was able to lose weight with the rear tire and wheel combo. I expected with the weight of this size tire that I was going to make it heavier than the stock combo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users