#1 OFFLINE   DWY330

DWY330

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 07-March 10

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Ok guys the club has been up and running for a few months and we have about 18 members now. We meet monthly on the first Saturday of each month at Bone daddy’s in Grapevine for lunch at about 1230. Most of us also attend the Cars and Coffee show in Plano at about 7am.

We try to schedule a different event each month between the car show and the lunch meeting, and have had dyno days at two different local shops. We are looking for new events attend if anyone has some input or feedback, perhaps a track day or autcross?

We have primarily promoted the club on the www.fordgt500.com forum but many have asked for us to post it up on SVT and Team Shelby to see if we can round a up a few more members.

We would also like to start planning for the annual Shelby Fest trip in Herman, MO for spring of 2013 to arrange logistics and such. Our next meet is coming up next week December 1st, and we look forward to hanging out with the guys for the day.

Our annual fee’s ($24.95) covers the cost of keeping the website up and running and getting our club business cards made up to distribute to members which is nice to leave on a car if you see one out somewhere to help promote the club. We are also working on small decals for the cars.

Check out our website:
www.DFWclubGT500.com
Posted Image

Current Ride: 2013 GT/CS A6 VMP tuned, Steeda CAI, GT500 AB
SOLD:2007 GT500 EBONY W/ TUNGSTEN STRIPES
Ported Eaton/Plenum by Gearheads in TX
VMP Tuned SCT X3
JLT 127mm CAI
Metco 2.6 Pulley/90mm Idler

#2 OFFLINE   sportscars

sportscars

Premier Ford vehicle event planner

• Team Shelby State Director
  • 3,895 posts
  • Joined 30-September 08
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Mustangs

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

As the Team Shelby director for Texas the DFW area is the only place where I couldn't get any traction. Glad to see that you have made some great progress. I encourage all of you on facebook to join the Texas Shelby & Boss club https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasShelbyClub/

I would also encourage everyone to sign up for the Texas Shelby email list. I normally send out no more than 6 or 8 emails per year, although I am going to try to send one every month for 2013. You can sign up here: http://visitor.r20.c...m=1109340384544

We have 1 or 2 very exciting things planned for Texas next year so make sure you stay tuned!

Cars:

2007 Shelby GT CSM 0488 - Performance White - 5 Speed
Shaker 1000, Dark Charcoal IUP
Tokico D-Spec Shocks & Struts
Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar & Brace

1996 Mustang V6 Purple

1995 Mustang GT 5 speed all black

1984 GT350 5.0, 5 speed with T-Tops
Allegedly 1 of only ?? built

Me:

Owner of SMC Events - www.smcevents.com

73f1fac9-ceac-4466-8055-21ec5009b4e3_zps

#3 OFFLINE   09 Red GT500

09 Red GT500

• Southern Plains Region
  • 870 posts
  • Joined 21-April 08

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Ok guys the club has been up and running for a few months and we have about 18 members now. We meet monthly on the first Saturday of each month at Bone daddy’s in Grapevine for lunch at about 1230. Most of us also attend the Cars and Coffee show in Plano at about 7am.

We try to schedule a different event each month between the car show and the lunch meeting, and have had dyno days at two different local shops. We are looking for new events attend if anyone has some input or feedback, perhaps a track day or autcross?

We have primarily promoted the club on the www.fordgt500.com forum but many have asked for us to post it up on SVT and Team Shelby to see if we can round a up a few more members.

We would also like to start planning for the annual Shelby Fest trip in Herman, MO for spring of 2013 to arrange logistics and such. Our next meet is coming up next week December 1st, and we look forward to hanging out with the guys for the day.

Our annual fee’s ($24.95) covers the cost of keeping the website up and running and getting our club business cards made up to distribute to members which is nice to leave on a car if you see one out somewhere to help promote the club. We are also working on small decals for the cars.

Check out our website:
www.DFWclubGT500.com

DWY330 - I'm happy to know that there is a club in the DFW area for GT500s, this is the first I have heard of it. Please keep posting DFW events here. Someday I hope to meet up with y'all.
2009 Shelby GT500 Torch Red with Black Stripes
Black w/Red Interior
Options: GT500 Premium Trim, Shaker 1000, HID Headlamps, Ambient Lighting, Vehicle Cover (used occassionally in winter)
Awesome Engine Builders: Gretchen Allen and Jason Altidonna!!!
Dates: Ordered 3/31/08, Serialize/Segment 6/12/2008, Sequence 6/20/08, Blend 6/25/08, Produced 7/3/08, Released 7/10/08, Ship 7/16/08, Arrival 7/29/08, Home 7/29/08
Modifications: Alcoas (50th) w/Hankook Tires, Ford Racing KR Exhaust,Griggs GR40SS Suspension, Revan Racing Radiator and Heat Exchanger, Signed Dash Plaque, Red Stripe Floormats, Shelby GT500 Headrests/Console Cover, Project321 Coil Covers, Project321 Caps, True Forged Hood Vents, M-H Racing Intercooler/Reservoir Tank
Numbers: #271 of 3004 coupes (2009), #61 of 524 Torch Red (2009), 1 of only 295 Red/Black Stripe coupe (2007-2009)

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   springer

springer

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,596 posts
  • Joined 29-September 09

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

So, how many Shelby clubs can the DFW area support? Have you heard of SCAT which has several GT 500 Mustangs in the club.
If the game is rigged, you can't lose if you don't play!
Shelby Baer Extreme brakes, CS 69 wheels
Shelby installed Revan heat exchanger
Shelby installed Diablo Predator tune

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   dvups1

dvups1

Team Shelby New Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 22-March 10
  • Interests:Texas Holdem Poker, Family, Local car shows, Saltwater Aquariums

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

Good to see the club is growing. Keep up the good work!

#6 OFFLINE   mustangrich

mustangrich

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 15-January 12

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Yeah I found your website. But so far not contacted by anyone as of yet. It's been a little longer than 48 hrs ;]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users