Capt500

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 25-June 10
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

For anyone who has done this install....

I installed the FRPP lowering spring kit on my 2011 SVTPP several months back and am overall very happy with it. I installed caster/camber bolts in an effort to realign the front end, but they haven't really worked out. I've decided to install the Maximum Motorsport caster camber plates to take care of this issue. My question is: on the installation instructions, there are two ways of stacking the spacers on the strut- one for standard and one for lowered ride height....which one is better for my situation? I do 95% of my driving on the street. The stacking order for the lowered set-up is, however, only recommended for advanced/track driving and states that minimal difference would be noticed by staying with the standard set-up. I've attached a link to the installation instructions- take a look on pages 7 and 12-13. I guess I just don't want to lose any of the lowered ride height by incorrectly installing the plates.

Also, is it just me, or does the addition of this plate seem like it will raise the front end of the car, thus negating any lowered ride height I got from the springs? Thanks for your input!

#2 OFFLINE   Madlock

Madlock

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 1,559 posts
  • Joined 28-July 10
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Unless you have something else going on that's thrown your alignment or caster/camber settings out of spec, the 5300-L lowering springs don't affect any aspect of the front end, (toe, bump steer, caster, camber, etc.) to enough of a degree to require any kind of additional device to compensate.

I have the 5300-L springs and 5490-B sway bar kit on my '13 Coupe (phenomenal additions to it, by the way) as part of an overall suspension upgrade that's installed billet or tubular components in place of anything stamped. After a full alignment, despite the car being substantially lower, it continued to be well within spec. I DID choose to install the Shelby/MM caster/camber adjustment plates, but ONLY to allow me to selectively dial-in a couple of degrees of negative camber to gain additional front end bite on track days, not to correct or compensate for anything.

2014 GT500 Coupe • Race Red on Oxford White • Electronics Package • Glass Roof • Performance Package • Track Package • Recaro Seats • Shaker Pro Audio

2013 GT500 Coupe • Race Red on Performance WhiteElectronics PackageGlass RoofPerformance PackageTrack PackageRecaro SeatsShaker Pro AudioGT500 Car Cover

2013 GT500 Convertible • Race Red on Performance WhiteElectronics PackagePerformance PackageRecaro SeatsShaker Pro AudioGT500 Car Cover

2012 BOSS 302 • Performance White on Race Red • Recaro Seat and Helical Differential • BOSS 302 Car Cover

2014 Mustang GT Coupe • 6ATOxford White401A • Brick Red & Cashmere Leather • Brembo Brake PackageElectronics Package • Glass RoofComfort Package • Security Package • Backup Camera

2013 Taurus SHO • Ruby Red Metallic • Charcoal Black • SHO Performance Package • 402A • Navigation • Moonroof • ActiveMotion Seats

#3 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

Unless you have something else going on that's thrown your alignment or caster/camber settings out of spec, the 5300-L lowering springs don't affect any aspect of the front end, (toe, bump steer, caster, camber, etc.) to enough of a degree to require any kind of additional device to compensate.

I have the 5300-L springs and 5490-B sway bar kit on my '13 Coupe (phenomenal additions to it, by the way) as part of an overall suspension upgrade that's installed billet or tubular components in place of anything stamped. After a full alignment, despite the car being substantially lower, it continued to be well within spec. I DID choose to install the Shelby/MM caster/camber adjustment plates, but ONLY to allow me to selectively dial-in a couple of degrees of negative camber to gain additional front end bite on track days, not to correct or compensate for anything.

Madlock take a look at the FRPP show happening now. Their new catalogue shows an interesting note on the sway bars are warned you about.
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
Front splitter curb alert system
Super snake carbon fiber splitter
APR Performance carbon fiber mirror assembly
JLT CF resonator delete w/blue airaid Filter
Shelby transmission cooler scoope
BMR UCA with Mount, BMR adjustable panhard bar
Bob's billet LCA and bob's oil separator
FRPP springs
HRE p40 w/Michelin Super sport tires

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#4 OFFLINE   Albino500

Albino500

Team Shelby Racer

• 1,933 posts
  • Joined 19-March 12
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Road Racing my Shelby GT and cruising my GT500

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

For anyone who has done this install....

I installed the FRPP lowering spring kit on my 2011 SVTPP several months back and am overall very happy with it. I installed caster/camber bolts in an effort to realign the front end, but they haven't really worked out. I've decided to install the Maximum Motorsport caster camber plates to take care of this issue. My question is: on the installation instructions, there are two ways of stacking the spacers on the strut- one for standard and one for lowered ride height....which one is better for my situation? I do 95% of my driving on the street. The stacking order for the lowered set-up is, however, only recommended for advanced/track driving and states that minimal difference would be noticed by staying with the standard set-up. I've attached a link to the installation instructions- take a look on pages 7 and 12-13. I guess I just don't want to lose any of the lowered ride height by incorrectly installing the plates.

Also, is it just me, or does the addition of this plate seem like it will raise the front end of the car, thus negating any lowered ride height I got from the springs? Thanks for your input!

First - the C/C doesn't raise the front end height and second - set it for the stacking order for the lowered setup to maintain the shock travel on a lowered vehicle.
2007 GT500 Built on 7/27/2006
#918 of a build of 8152 coupes
#212 of 2252 in Performance White

Member of Terlingua Racing Team
Member of the "Clean Butt Club" - Class of 2010
2012 Shelby American 50th Anniversary Vegas Bash Car Show "Class" Award Winner

2007 SGT-California Edition Built on 5/15/2007
CSM#07SGT4755
1 of 89 Shelby GT-California Editions done in Performance White/Silver Stripes
Converted to " SCCA SMG Class " race car - 2/04/2013

#5 OFFLINE   GTOGreg

GTOGreg

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 03-October 11
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

This is an old thread, but I found it while searching so thought I'd resurrect.  I'm installing the MM CC plates this evening and was wondering about the "Advanced Racer Installation" that was outlined in the instructions.  Based on Albino's recommendation I will go ahead and install and see how it goes.  This is on a '12 with "L" springs and tokico d-specs.  The instructions warn about possible hood interference so hopefully that won't be an issue here.

'12 Kona Blue GT500

TVS | 91 Oct VMP tune | JLT 127 CAI | MRT H | FRPP TB | 170 tstat | C&R H/E w/3X reservoir | FRPP "L" Springs | D-Specs | Steeda Poly/Spherical LCAs & Re-Lo Brackets | Metco UCA/bracket | BMR Adj PHB | BMR mid brace | WOTBox | DSS CF DS  | MGW shifter | JPC LineLoc | Aeroforce | Boss brake ducts | Tru-Trac w/3.73s

11.37 @ 127.5 / 1.78 60ft

Other toys:
1967 GTO 400 4 spd
1969 Schwinn Stingray Krate 5 spd "Pea Picker"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users