Photo

Before you purchase from PD Composites, read this....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   speedrx

speedrx

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 267 posts
  • Joined 22-August 12
  • Region:Other

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

I purchased a 2009 Shelby Convertible this summer and started collecting parts to make some upgrades/improvements. I want the SS look so I purchased some side scoops from PD Composites on EBAY - http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649 When I received them, I was very disappointed in the quality and asked for a refund. I was given an ok to return and a RMA Authorization #, I packaged them back and returned them via UPS, exactly as requested. After several weeks of not receiving a refund, I contacted them again and ask where the refund it, they said they would process. About 3 weeks later with no refund, I contacted them again and they said I shouldn't have packaged them with bubble wrap and one of the scoops is cracked. They never contacted me when they got the package to indicated there was a problem but when I continued to request refund, they now claim part is broken. Maybe there was a problem, maybe not, but seems odd they would not mention it right away when receiving the parts. After much more going around, they agreed to refund one scoop + shipping, of course this refund has not happened either. I purchased these on AUGUST 30th, it is now December without a resolution, it is not so much the money, it is the (what I consider) poor quality product and poor customer service. Buyer Beware - should you choose to purchase products from this company, consider my experience.

#2 OFFLINE   Z-man

Z-man

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 1,207 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

If you bought the parts on E-bay, I assume you used PayPal to transfer the 'funds'. If so, you could have opend a dispute through PayPal, although it may be too late now. I purchased a SCT tuner using PayPal, and when I received it is was not as advertised (it was 'locked'). The Seller was unresponsive, then started with the 'run-around', so I opened a claim. PayPal acted as an impartial intermediary to investigate.

Long story short, I got all my money back. It would not have turned out that way withpout PayPal helping me out.

Its a free service, so you should at least contact them to see if they can do anything to help you.

Z-man

2008 GT500 - Vista Blue w/ Performance White Stripes
Orange FAI Stripes across front fenders and hood
Signed Shelby Dash Plaque________________Shelby Automobiles GT500 License Plate Frame
Satin Finish Quarter Window Trim___________ Satin Finish Tail-light Bezels
Sequential Tail-lights (CDC)_______________ White Face Gage Cluster (US Speedo)
Flowmaster Axel-back Exhaust______________GT500 Embroidered Floor Mats & Trunk Mat (Lloyd)
"Shorty" Antenna________________________Front Brake Bezels (JLT)
Hood Lifter Kit (CDC)_____________________KR Strut Tower Brace (Painted to match car)
Radiator Cover (Bangastang)_______________Cervini Lower Quarter Side Scoops
Custom Painted Coil Covers_______________Billet Engine Cap Set
JLT Carbon Fiber CAI_____________________Carbon Fiber CAI Heat Shield
Painted Rear Axle / Differential_____________Lower Rear Control Arms (UMI)
Lowering Springs (Eibach)________________ Adj. Upper Rear Control Arm (UMI)
Struts / Shocks (Eibach)__________________Upper Rear Control Arm Mount (UMI)
Sway Bars (Eibach)______________________Adj. Panhard Bar (UMI)
Urethane Bushings (Eibach)_______________Camber Cam Bolts (BRM)
Oil Separator (JLT)_______________________Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter
2.60" Metco Super charger Pulley____________Metco/Shelby 90mm Aux Idler Pulley & Bracket
SCT Tuner with BAMA Tunes

Clutch TSB Performed 7/2/12 - 7/5/12 by Fred Beans Ford of Boyertown, PA

GT500forSig_zps0c1b64c4.jpg

CSforSig_zpsc5ad1b6f.jpg    Z-manLogoforSig_zps870b99c3.jpg

#3 OFFLINE   SoCalSGT

SoCalSGT

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 835 posts
  • Joined 16-October 09
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

I agree. I've purchased a LOT of items off eBay and on a few occasions where there's been a problem that the seller wouldn't make right, eBay/paypal stepped in and resolved the issue quickly. It is good to know that there may be a problem vendor out there, but definitely take advantage of the resolution process.

John
45TH ANNIVERSAY GT350

CAR DELIVERED TO SAI IN JUNE 2010...
CALL REC'D 1/21/11 - MUSEUM DELIVERY 1/27/11

[SOLD TO A GOOD FRIEND AND TS MEMBER]
07 SHELBY GT Black
CSM3761
Rear Window Scoops; Tail Light Trim; IUP
Navigation; Exhaust Upgrade; GT Wheel Caps
Shorty Antenna; Sequential Signals

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   07gt500conv

07gt500conv

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,494 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12
  • Region:South Atlantic

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

I have purchased and sold on Ebay before also.

The claims section does work well. I had one buying and one selling and resolved them pretty quickly.

Jim Dombrowski
Apopka Florida

2007 Shelby GT500 Convertible
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

10498228_324866954335425_979194167024473

#5 OFFLINE   speedrx

speedrx

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 267 posts
  • Joined 22-August 12
  • Region:Other

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Yes, I have had issues resolved through EBAY and PayPal but there is a time limit. This transaction took too long and was not eligible for resolution, I will not let them run past the 30 day PayPal return window in the future. BTW, they just sent the refund today after almost 4 months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users