Photo

Reasonably Priced H pipe might become available!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   andymarkv

andymarkv

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 29-July 08

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Hey guys!!
Just figured you'd like to know that there might be a reasonably priced '07-'10 off road H pipe being produced soon!
http://www.svtperfor...ml#post12482203

Up until now the only two choices were the cut and splice PHP H pipe. (which I have) Or the MRT stainless H pipe.

Lethal is looking for 15 orders to produce a H pipe in aluminized steel. If you jump on the initial order it is $209 shipped.

H pipes IMO sound so much better than the X. After seeing all the cat failures on the boards and personally seeing my buddy's destroyed cats...an OR pipe is a great investment!

Edited by andymarkv, 06 December 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   Cobra 29

Cobra 29

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 13-April 11

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Sounds good, I am in, what is the status from Lethal?

#3 OFFLINE   Cobra 29

Cobra 29

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 13-April 11

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Hearing no update, I purchased an H-pipe from Wes at Powerhouse Racing. Wes explained how the H-pipe worked and its design history. It shipped right away; I got in in 2 days. The H-pipe and clamps are quality pieces. I hope to install this weekend to deepen the sound coming from my FR500 mufflers (m-5230-s).

#4 OFFLINE   Ford Fest

Ford Fest

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Joined 08-October 11
  • Region:Northern Plains

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Hearing no update, I purchased an H-pipe from Wes at Powerhouse Racing. Wes explained how the H-pipe worked and its design history. It shipped right away; I got in in 2 days. The H-pipe and clamps are quality pieces. I hope to install this weekend to deepen the sound coming from my FR500 mufflers (m-5230-s).

Please post pics, sound clip or video if possible. Also, let us know about the fumes.

2007 Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary
Built July 2006 - Converted March 2009
FRPP TVS & CAI

Shelby Extreme-Plus Brake System
Short Throw Shifter

Proud member of Team 40th - CSM 07XL0298

th_IMG_5390.jpg

#5 OFFLINE   Cobra 29

Cobra 29

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 13-April 11

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

I installed the Powerhouse Racing h-pipe. The sound is definitely deeper (much more old school muscle car like) and pretty quiet from inside with the windows up or down. I am glad the high-flow sound is gone. The install is exactly as Grabber detailed in the thread called "My H-Pipe and KR mufflers sound clip". It took my son and I about 90 minutes to install. Wes, thank you for making such a fine product!

#6 OFFLINE   Ford Fest

Ford Fest

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Joined 08-October 11
  • Region:Northern Plains

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

I installed the Powerhouse Racing h-pipe. The sound is definitely deeper (much more old school muscle car like) and pretty quiet from inside with the windows up or down. I am glad the high-flow sound is gone. The install is exactly as Grabber detailed in the thread called "My H-Pipe and KR mufflers sound clip". It took my son and I about 90 minutes to install. Wes, thank you for making such a fine product!

Pics, sound clip? How about link to the part?

2007 Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary
Built July 2006 - Converted March 2009
FRPP TVS & CAI

Shelby Extreme-Plus Brake System
Short Throw Shifter

Proud member of Team 40th - CSM 07XL0298

th_IMG_5390.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   Cobra 29

Cobra 29

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 13-April 11

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Grabber did a great job with the pictures for the installation. I like the sound from the Powerhouse Racing H-pipe even more as I drive more miles. The car is simply more fun to drive. I never noticed how much I drive the car by its engine rpm sound. I guess from years of owning an ERA Cobra with side pipes. Here is the link http://powerhouserp....id-PipesXHPipes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users