WJ in Vegas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12
  • Region:Mountain
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Guys, Many of the parts websites sell strut tower braces. But most say "not for 2013" or that the brace may contact the CAI. I was going to buy a painted one from one of our TS members, but he states he no longer has them. I would have loved it in White with Blue stripes. Does anyone who owns one have a recommendation?

The one I prefer is the FRP part# M-20201-MSVTC. I says its for the 2010 on Fordracingparts.com ($225) but will it fit 2013? http://fordracingpar...tkeyfield=11705

The same part# and picture as one on ebay ($275) http://www.ebay.com/...d3409bf&vxp=mtr

And also has the same part# as one on Fordracingpartsdirect.com. This seller says they are the perfect fit and hurry up and buy one at $499. http://www.fordracin...20201-msvtc.htm

Attached Files

Edited by WJinLV, 06 December 2012 - 09:45 PM.

2013 Shelby GT500. Performance White Sonic Blue Stripes. Airaid SynthaMax filter. JLT dual oil separators. FRPP resonator delete. Redline hood struts. Michelin PSS, 275/40/19, 285/35/20. Smoked markers. Shelby shifter. Jaeger brothers stone guards. GT350 style rear window covers. Lloyd's mats.

#2 OFFLINE   1 Alibi 2

1 Alibi 2

" Chance favors the prepared mind "

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Joined 05-August 10
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

The brace in your thumbnail did clear the blower & was close to touching the CAI on my 2011. If the blower on your 2013 is taller, ( 1/2" ), it will not clear. Contact SVT, ( 800 ) 367-3788, they should be able to answer your question.

i99y.jpg
.......2011 - lightly modded to 756 rwhp
.......2014 - detuned to 780 rwhp

#3 OFFLINE   Amigo GT500

Amigo GT500

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,410 posts
  • Joined 05-July 11
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Harley Davidson Motorcycles

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

The pictures look like a 2013 blower and the strut brace fits!!

2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake - CSM 12SS0214 - Performance White, Black Stripes, Black Wheels, Wide Body

1989 Shelby Dakota #180 - Engine Serial Number KN652001809 - White, Black & Silver Stripes (1 of 500)

2003 Shelby Pagsta Mini Motorcycle - VIN 1J9RR11573C273523 (1 of 25) - Blue, Silver Tribal. Signed by Carroll Shelby

2011 Shelby Felt Bicycle - #SF134 (1 of 500) - White, Blue Stripes

I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict. Carroll Shelby

#4 OFFLINE   Twitch

Twitch

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 25-September 12
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

I have a '13 GT500 & added the Ford Racing resonator delete & strut tower brace today The brace totally clears the blower & barely touches my resonator delete. I added some zip ties around the brace to act as a buffer against the resonator delete. I also adjusted the fuel line forward to avoid the brace. The line now sits just in front of the front bar of the brace. I added a couple zip ties the to act as a buffer against the brace (just in case).
Twitch
Beale AFB, CA
2013 Deep Impact Blue/White Shelby GT500...totally loaded.
2011 Kona Blue Ford Flex EcoBoost Limited.
2002 Subaru WRX.

#5 OFFLINE   Swerve

Swerve

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 25-January 13
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Flying, Driving

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

I have seen Twitch's install, and the brace and resonator delete fit so well, it looks like they came standard with the car! I am wondering if the same brace and resonator delete package will work for my 2012 GT500 SVT? Any thoughts?

#6 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,337 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

1). The one I prefer is the FRP part# M-20201-MSVTC. I says its for the 2010 on Fordracingparts.com ($225) but will it fit 2013? http://fordracingpar...tkeyfield=11705

2). The same part# and picture as one on ebay ($275) http://www.ebay.com/...d3409bf&vxp=mtr

3). And also has the same part# as one on Fordracingpartsdirect.com. This seller says they are the perfect fit and hurry up and buy one at $499. http://www.fordracin...20201-msvtc.htm

Good lord! The same part for almost double the price?

They're nuts. They ARE correct in that they're not being produced anymore but you can still find them. IF you want one bad enough, the e-bay one is at least CLOSE to the MSRP.

I have one sitting in my garage. I know there are a couple of other guys here with them in their garage too.

If it just hits the Cold Air Tube, get the FRPP resonator delete tube (about 60 bucks, IIRC) and that takes care of that. If it hits your blower, you'd have to use lowered motor mounts to make it fit.

The problem I had with MINE was that it hits the hood and holds it up just a bit. I didn't notice it buy my neighbor (and not "a car guy") did. The hood had a bow in it about 1/4" high where the STB went across. I found the marks in the hood blanket where it was hitting so I removed my hood blanket. It still held the hood up but now only by about 1/8". So I removed it. I still want to try using it but I'll have to put it in my hydraulic press and make it *slightly* straighter than it came from the factory.

And for what it's worth, not all of us using those have the problem Only a few of us have. There's LOTS of guys running them on a 2010+ car without hitting the hood so I'm guessing they're not made in a tight tolerance jig (each bar is apparently different).

HTH,
Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users