Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 403 posts
  • Joined 19-December 07
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Fast cars

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

I used to go in this forum and section but it looks like few have any ideas or care maybe because of the 2013 hype, because few if any respond to post made people are looking for info on. I get answers from other forums SVT etc. I don't get it. Not that I want a Corvette anymore but I admit they had the best info and forum of any out there. Oh well.

#2 OFFLINE   Tob

Tob

Neo Rapscallion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Joined 25-November 08

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

Many just move on as time passes. If you search posts from a few years ago you'll see that quite a few have sold their cars.

I have also noticed that the forums slow down at the beginning of the winter and then ramp up at springtime.

#3 OFFLINE   Radical08

Radical08

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 403 posts
  • Joined 19-December 07

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

I was wondering what the deal was. Used to be info all over but not much now. Thanks

#4 OFFLINE   thewheelman

thewheelman

The Wheel Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,722 posts
  • Joined 02-July 08
  • Region:Decline

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

I've been disappointed too. I enjoy hearing about what other folks are doing to their cars as well as a lot of useful info. Guess I'll have to start lurking in the later model forums......
Hal

2007 GT 500 Convertible (Certified Pre-production unit)
Built 5/12/06, #19 of 2695 convertible, #2 of 108 Alloy Metallic
http://picasaweb.goo...500Convertible#

"There are only three real sports: bullfighting, motor racing and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games."
Ernest Hemingway

"Go on and write me up for 125. Post my face Wanted dead or alive. Take my license and all that jive, I can't drive 55!"
Sammy Hagar, 1984

"Hey, HEY . . . . Let's be careful out there!"
Phillip Freemason Esterhaus, Hill Street Station, 1981

#5 OFFLINE   Tob

Tob

Neo Rapscallion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Joined 25-November 08

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

The other thing is, you have to stay current. The '07-'09 cars had their day in the sun. The '10 was interesting up until the '11/'12 models took over. But when the '13 hit....BAM!!! Everything was out of date. And like I said, people move on to other things as the car that once meant so much to them simply doesn't anymore. It's a sad progression that I've witnessed since the early Fox days right up until now.

#6 OFFLINE   Radical08

Radical08

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 403 posts
  • Joined 19-December 07

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

I don't really see that big of a deal between the 10 and up GT500. Everyone has likes and dislikes and there are many things on the 11,12,13 I don't like and no way would I have paid $63K before tax for a GT500. Mine was right at $50K out the door. Plenty of space for mods. With the few inexpensive mods I did on my 10 I have right at 700hp and 585rwhp past the 13 and the mods only cost me $2K. I don't like or need magnetic steering, adjustable shocks and all that and the first thing I saw on the 11 was the wheel change which I did not like. The 13 front end open grill is a definate dislike and the wheels. Once I get 2-3 dislikes I don't pursue the car. I guess for me I was lucky on the 10.

I'm not bashing the 11,12,13 because they are after all Shelby's just my input. Now I do like the engine but the 7K redline is a little hype, because that is only a 8 second bump up not a true redline. It still has the same redline as mine at 6250. The 200mph is also somewhat hype because who is going to do that speed anyway and they had to put 331 gears in it to achieve that speed. These cars need 355 or 373 gears to be street fun. Why when they did all the changes they did not put something like an AFCO HE with dual fans for the SC is beyond me. They did everything else and that should have been right up there on the list. I do like that SFdriveshaft and will be installing a PST CF driveshaft in mine next spring. I will say my car included, really overall 700hp and 585 at the wheels is plenty for what anyone would do on the street and maybe some mild racing. You are not getting traction anyway in 1-2 gears and sometimes 3rd so why go higher. I like to stay a bit conservative because the last thing I want to do is break something that cost me money, time and not being able to drive the car.

I think there are many younger folks in here that are like kids with IPAD's and every year they trade up to get the latest thing which is not smart if you did not pay cash for the first one or had mods that now go to someone else. I'm not getting in that ring. I love my 2010 GT500 and equally my 2008 Shelby GT that boast the Whipple 550hp kit. They will be in my garage for many years to come. I just look for post in here with updates and to see what others did. There is lots of good info in here but it slowed down quite a bit. Actually a regular Mustanf forum has probably more info that these do because so many buy that in the budget they have. Well I'm off to finish my 373 gear install and after that one more left to do the CF driveshaft.

#7 OFFLINE   jnf

jnf

Team Shelby Member

• Mountain Region
  • 1,002 posts
  • Joined 01-December 08
  • Region:Mountain

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

The 13 is a completely different car.
But,,,, I still completely enjoy driving my 07 as much as the 13. :shift:
Jim

07 GT 500 Coupe
White w/ Vista Blue stripes
SLP Loud mouth exhaust
Ford Racing Short Throw with Shelby Ball
Custom CS 69 Special Edition 20" wheels
BMR Upper and lower control arms and brackets
BMR panhard bar, brace and relocation bracket
Eibach Pro lowering springs struts and shocks with front and rear sway bars
Shelby adjustable front end links
VMP 2.59 pulley and tune
JLT Big Air carbon fiber CAI
McLeod RXT twin disc clutch
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Husky44

Husky44

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Northwest Region
  • 167 posts
  • Joined 24-August 12
  • Interests:Cars
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Probably because it's just about impossible to do any mods without NVH, and who wants that? :shrug:
2013 GT500 Convertible: Grabber Blue, Black Stripes, SVTPP, NAV, Recaros, Shaker Pro
Posted Image

1967 Mustang Convertible: Restomod (in progress)--347, TF heads and intake, World Class T5, 8.8 with 4:10s, Cobra 4 wheel disc brakes...

#9 OFFLINE   Radical08

Radical08

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 403 posts
  • Joined 19-December 07

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

I would no go as far as saying it's a completely different car, it's a car with mods from what the original version was. I drove one so I know the differnce between 2010 to the present. It is a different car alright, it cost $20,000 more than a 2010, and I can do quite a bit with $20,000.

#10 OFFLINE   jnf

jnf

Team Shelby Member

• Mountain Region
  • 1,002 posts
  • Joined 01-December 08

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Radical, everyone will have a different opinion.
The main point of my post was to say that just because I picked up a 13, doesn't mean that I am not interested in this part of the forum.
Personally, I feel that the 13 is a different car than the 07. Yes, its 20K more, but there are other advancements as well.
Just my opinion though. :beerchug:
Jim

07 GT 500 Coupe
SLP Loud mouth exhaust
VMP 2.59 pulley and tune
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 OFFLINE   jnf

jnf

Team Shelby Member

• Mountain Region
  • 1,002 posts
  • Joined 01-December 08

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Probably because it's just about impossible to do any mods without NVH, and who wants that? :shrug:

NVH........ :doh:
Jim

07 GT 500 Coupe
SLP Loud mouth exhaust
VMP 2.59 pulley and tune
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 OFFLINE   Radical08

Radical08

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 403 posts
  • Joined 19-December 07

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

I don't know about any NVH unless mods are done without research or by someone that does not know what they are doing. My Christmas present was having my very qualified Ford Dealer install my 373 gears to help transmit the 585rwhp to the tires. Once the Goodyears are burnt off the RE11s go on. They did an awesome job and the gears are quieter than when I bought it. Hard to believe the beast will be 3 years old Jan 30, 2013. My 08 Shelby is coming up on 5. I love these Shelby's.

#13 OFFLINE   AndyGJ

AndyGJ

SGT Owner

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,069 posts
  • Joined 22-January 08

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

My 08 SGT is going to be 5 years old in 1 month! I can hardly beleive it.

The funny part is....I've just started with the performance mods over the past couple of months. Everything up to this point was minimal appearance mods, and probably just bought one or two items each year.

Now, however, I'm wanting to really kick up the HP a couple of notches but staying N/A.

These are great cars....Just which I could afford to purchase a 2013 Boss 302 to join my SGT conv.

Andy.

Present Mustang:
2008 Shelby GT Convertible #1676

Mods Installed:
BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 Tires (275/40/R18 Front & Rear)
CDC Sequential Tail Lights
FRPP GT500KR Axleback Mufflers
FRPP GT500KR 18" Rims
FRPP 62mm Throttle Body
FRPP Boss 302 Low Expansion Brakelines
Hawk HPS Brake Pads (front & rear)
JBA Tuned Length Ceramic Shorty Headers
LD's Performance Custom Tuning (91 & 93 Octane) w/SCT-X3 Tuner
Redline Hood Struts (w/update kit)
Royal Purple Synthetic Oil 5w20

Royal Purple Differential Gear Lub

Royal Purple Manual Transmission Fluid
Shelby Lower Radiator Grill Insert - Black
Shelby 4.6L Valve Covers
Shelby GT Berg Snake Faux Gas Cap
Shelby GT Berg Snake Front Floor Mats & Trunk Mat
Shelby Plain Rear Seat Floor Mats
Shelby Billet Engine Cap Set
Shelby Billet Fusebox Cover
Shelby Transmission Cooler Scoop
Shelby Front Brake Duct Cooling Kit

Shelby Fays2 Watts Link
Performance Brake Slotted & Cross Drilled Rotors (front & rear)
Ford Motorcraft DOT4 Brake Fluid
Steeda CAI Intake Elbow w/Black Tube
Steeda Motor Mounts (red inserts)
Steeda Under Drive Pulley

Prior Mustangs:

1968 Mustang Coupe - Midnight Blue
1966 Mustang Convertible 289v2 - Red w/black top & interior (still in the family)
1973 Mustang Convertible 351W - Poppy Red w/black top & interior - MCA Senior Division Grand National Retired Winner
1989 Mustang Hatchback 5.0 w/5spd - 25th Anniversary - Red w/red & black interior

#14 OFFLINE   HARLEYDEALER

HARLEYDEALER

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Joined 04-February 07
  • Interests:I am in to anything with wheels and a motor, fast is good, faster is better. Been a mechanic all my life but for a living about 14 years. Love working on my cars, do most of the the work in my shed on a two post lift on my four cars, shelby GT500, 2006 Z06 corvett, 2005 H2 Hummer and 2002 suburban. Done mods on all. All so I am in to guns, rc cars ,trucks, buggies and boats and planes, old slot machines and hit and miss engines. Also fishing, yard work and most of PRETTY women!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

For me it was the Cobra Jet, a factory race car that had bump the motor some, but lighten the car so much that it wasn't street legal but way fast, very cool fast. Something a lot of us very trying to accomplish with mega bucks, tons of up grades that made sleeping all most impossible trying for the 10's or that very elusive 9 sec run! Then boom the Cobra Jet and 9's were common even 8's! Now my 2007 Shelby sits in the garage, 1000 HP plus under the hood, with enough money spend on upgrades that I could have 2 Cobra Jets plus my 2007 with only enough up grades for a nice 650 HP Shelby. Many up grades didn't do what I was looking for, so the money kept burning to reach my dreams, those were exciting days! But why now with the Cobra Jets smashing all dreams, at least for me, took the fun right out!
Now off chasing other dreams, just as cool, just as exspense! If back then if Ford only made a few, but offer kits to take away the weight, making only a race car, I would have done that, instead of me, left with a bad taste of Ford's in general!! Bill

#15 OFFLINE   shelby mark

shelby mark

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined 05-December 07

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

For me it was the Cobra Jet, a factory race car that had bump the motor some, but lighten the car so much that it wasn't street legal but way fast, very cool fast. Something a lot of us very trying to accomplish with mega bucks, tons of up grades that made sleeping all most impossible trying for the 10's or that very elusive 9 sec run! Then boom the Cobra Jet and 9's were common even 8's! Now my 2007 Shelby sits in the garage, 1000 HP plus under the hood, with enough money spend on upgrades that I could have 2 Cobra Jets plus my 2007 with only enough up grades for a nice 650 HP Shelby. Many up grades didn't do what I was looking for, so the money kept burning to reach my dreams, those were exciting days! But why now with the Cobra Jets smashing all dreams, at least for me, took the fun right out!
Now off chasing other dreams, just as cool, just as exspense! If back then if Ford only made a few, but offer kits to take away the weight, making only a race car, I would have done that, instead of me, left with a bad taste of Ford's in general!! Bill

Bill I totally agree, spent some much money , 10's 9's 8's and now trying for 7's, this would have been really cool back in 08. But now who really cares, tasca run 7.85 and I dont have the money to catch him! O'well his is a race car and mine is still street legal.

07 GT 500 ALUMINUM 5.4 / KB 4.7  1739RWHP

7.65@184mph

#16 OFFLINE   csx2396

csx2396

csx2396

• Members
  • Pip
  • 393 posts
  • Joined 17-November 07
  • Interests:THIS THE FOURTH SHELBY OWNED I HAD A 1963 cobra 1964 fia cobra 1967 gt350 paxton supercharged 1 of 15 built and now this 2007 gt500 which runs in the 9second range with a 6speed and driven daily on street .completed a shelby race car that can run in the low to mid 7 have previously campaigned a 68 sox and martin hemi cuda built by Hurst 1 of 50 built in the late 60,s also a tasca ford prepared d/gas 63 falcon sprint with a 260 John HEALY BUILT ENGINE BACK IN THE EARLY 70,S

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Okay where do I start This is really sick what hapened to us guys We really blew a lot of money. I go out and buy a 2008 cobra jet saying 1 of 50 lite this will be great. Well shelby was faster bought the wrong year cobra jet and really got over my head. The only thing I can say we were r@d for gt500 racing on our dimes we should get a plaque. Ive stop chasing numbers and we are building a state of the art body in white for a special class. The cobra jets in a year or so with there turbos could be in the low 7s You guys should pick a couple of good events and run a true street There is always a big car count and its a fun day. I will do that with my shelby at some point in time Keep it a low 9 second street car. I think we payed a price that many others will not know but we did have fun.

#17 OFFLINE   VTWLKWY

VTWLKWY

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Oh Christmas.. think of all the money spent.. sorting it out... My baby is under the house snuggled in .. those 1K plus hp cars.. Finicky also.. Who ever put blowoff valves on the bottom.. moisture collects there. Duh! I think it is also seasonal.. But, After building a great FFR challenge car,, Humm... Daytona coupe with a V6 ecoboost 61mm twin.. Love building them.. I still haven't hit 150 ( go ahead ,, haha.) in the 1/4. At least I still have a goal.. a Parachute..!!!.. I think we all are very fortunate , to say the least.. Happy Holidays!....Pete

#18 OFFLINE   csx2396

csx2396

csx2396

• Members
  • Pip
  • 393 posts
  • Joined 17-November 07
  • Interests:THIS THE FOURTH SHELBY OWNED I HAD A 1963 cobra 1964 fia cobra 1967 gt350 paxton supercharged 1 of 15 built and now this 2007 gt500 which runs in the 9second range with a 6speed and driven daily on street .completed a shelby race car that can run in the low to mid 7 have previously campaigned a 68 sox and martin hemi cuda built by Hurst 1 of 50 built in the late 60,s also a tasca ford prepared d/gas 63 falcon sprint with a 260 John HEALY BUILT ENGINE BACK IN THE EARLY 70,S

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

Yes we are lucky that we were able to do all of this. Good luck on your goals and I know you must have a 200mph snowmobile hanging around to occupy you with all that snow up there. Happy holidays and a healthy new year

#19 ONLINE   03reptile

03reptile

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined 04-June 07

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Its been an interesting progression for our Shelby's. I bought a new 2007 and really enjoyed it; however, it was very similar to the ride quality and handling of my 03 Terminator, but otherwise vastly improved. Then I purchased a 2011 and boy, what a difference. The all aluminum engine really made a distinct difference in the balance and handling and I liked the electric steering, as well. I fell prey to the 2013 and really enjoy the additional power and other improvements that are too many to mention. The car has steadly improved over the years. I'm not one to Mod the crap out of my cars (other than the 03 & the 07 which responded so well to the CAI and tune). I didn't mod the 11 or the 13. The 13 is pretty perfect as it stands and Mods seem to, sooner or later, cause other issues. I'm just glad I was able to enjoy all these cars and appreciate the vast improvements that they have provided.

#20 OFFLINE   Tob

Tob

Neo Rapscallion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Joined 25-November 08

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Well said 03reptile. Come to think of it, Ford has done a damn fine job of continually upgrading since inception.

#21 OFFLINE   zombeast

zombeast

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 292 posts
  • Joined 16-May 09

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Get rid of the sub categories above, and simplify the search feature for this specific forum.

#22 OFFLINE   hotrodstang

hotrodstang

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 354 posts
  • Joined 29-June 06

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

I still am having fun with my 2007 and have not had anybody with a newer one flying by!!! That goes for the vette owners as well! HaHa!!
born 6/12/06 Black with tungston stripes
3.4 whipple w/monoblade-3.5 dai pully 16# 730 RWHP ans 640 RWTQ on 91 pump gas ist Whipple on a GT500
JBA LT'S with JBA 3" exhaust- off road cats
BMR- LCA Billett, UCA w/ mount' relocation brackets, ADJ Panhard bar, subframe connectors
Moser Dif cover che axle brace
best 1/4 10.40 @136 best 1/8 6.67@111 race gas/pump blend
373 gears
Steeda shifter
Powerhouse 4" driveshaft w/hoop, K member brace w/Torque limiters
Eibach springs Tokico D spec
Steeda Hood Struts
Cobra floormats-20% window tint
S of S gauge pod w/ Innovate LC-1 wideband,Automete boost gauge, Raptor Shiftlight
Hood from Terry@ Proglass with Ghost flames
Shelby Hood Pins
Granatelli Tyre Fryer
Bogarts and MT ET streets 17"skinnys
CAI-combo of JLT and Whipple
Raceline Wheels 18"X10"wide
Special thanks to WHIPPLE and JBA new stuff Revan Racing rad and heat exchanger, adjustable headrests, FRP shortblock, all ARP fasteners, GT cams, etc etc etc

#23 OFFLINE   54First

54First

Grouchy Old Guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 257 posts
  • Joined 09-September 08

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Get rid of the sub categories above, and simplify the search feature for this specific forum.

+1

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users