#31 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Phill,

The CS and the Shelby "racetrack" logos have been around since the beginning, pretty much. The 1965 World Champion shirts and original Cobra shirts and coats all had the two racetrack logos.
The difference between the originals and the newer versions is that they are both now "italicized". Examples below:

They are a core Shelby branding, which is why you will see me use them a LOT going forward, as opposed to the "Tiffany" snake (which we share with Ford, as currently seen on GT500s) or the "Cartoon" snake, which was used mainly on A.O. Smith Shelbys.

The CS logo has been on MANY different center caps, from Fords to Dodges to the recent Carroll Shelby Wheel Company offerings. Way too many to list. Which is why it always drove me batty that they weren't a current SPP option, and were high on my to-do list.

Jer

Attached File  Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at 3.16.15 PM.jpg   82.5KB   21 downloads
Attached File  Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at 3.15.58 PM.jpg   171.6KB   24 downloads
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#32 OFFLINE   butch12573

butch12573

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Joined 07-June 07

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

They had a brief hiatus as we started getting ready for a new center cap program. I wanted to make a bunch of different caps for different cars.
We can now do Alcoa-style caps for a few different Shelby models... SGT, GT-H, GT500KR, etc...
The "Cartoon Snake" will be phased out in the next few months, replaced by the CS cap as our "standard".

Jer

Does this list include the Super Snake and if it does are they the same that come on the Super Snake. If they are how do I go about getting a set so I can powder coat them to match the wheels. Thanks Butch

#33 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

Does this list include the Super Snake and if it does are they the same that come on the Super Snake. If they are how do I go about getting a set so I can powder coat them to match the wheels. Thanks Butch

I could probably make you up a set of black Super Snake ones.
Send me an email next week.

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Lift #15

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#34 OFFLINE   Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

Jer,
Are you planning on making any "Tiffany" snake caps?

2013 GT500 Coupe - HPW with Black Stripes - SVT PP - SVT TP - Redline Hood Struts - Yeager Bros Front Gravel Guards - Bob's Oil Separator -AirAid Blue Non-Oiled Air Filter - CarboTech 1521 Ceramic Brake Pads - Resonator Eliminator Kit - WeatherTech Floor Mats - Craig’s No Drill License Plate Bracket
Car Ordered 5-27-2012 - Build Date 1-14-2013 - Delivered 1-26-2013

#35 OFFLINE   CompCobra

CompCobra

CompCobra

• Great Lakes Region
  • 92 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Shelby's of all kinds and muscle cars in general. I also like Mopars as well!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

I had a set of Cobra R caps modified to go on my Alcoas (getting tires in the spring). I contacted the gentleman who advertises on E-Bay and he agreed to modify the set if I supplied them to him. He had done so before for others as well.

I really like how the Tiffany snake and the red "R" looks against our black Red Stripe Edition.......here are some pics of how the caps look on the Alcoas currently....just an idea that I thought I would share.....

Attached Files

#36 OFFLINE   08KR525

08KR525

08KR525

• Great Lakes Region
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Family, Performance vehicles, antiques.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

Mount those wheels on your car CompCobra and enjoy them! It's gonna look great.
" My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people; those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition." - Indira Ghandi.

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

#37 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

Jer,
Are you planning on making any "Tiffany" snake caps?

Unfortunately, no, not at this time. I've been working on it, but I think that's one cap that won't make the program, I'm sorry.

Jer

Lift #15

#38 OFFLINE   Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Unfortunately, no, not at this time. I've been working on it, but I think that's one cap that won't make the program, I'm sorry.

Jer

Is it a contractual problem with Ford or just a lack of demand?

2013 GT500 Coupe - HPW with Black Stripes - SVT PP - SVT TP - Redline Hood Struts - Yeager Bros Front Gravel Guards - Bob's Oil Separator -AirAid Blue Non-Oiled Air Filter - CarboTech 1521 Ceramic Brake Pads - Resonator Eliminator Kit - WeatherTech Floor Mats - Craig’s No Drill License Plate Bracket

#39 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Is it a contractual problem with Ford or just a lack of demand?

Somewhat contractual. Ford owns the rights to the Tiffany snake all by itself, so we never get the caps set up that way.

Jer

Lift #15

#40 OFFLINE   Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

Jer,
Thanks for the clarification. Looking forward to the oil separators.

#41 OFFLINE   89Saleen215

89Saleen215

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Northwest Region
  • 354 posts
  • Joined 18-March 08
  • Region:Pacific Northwest

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

I had a set of Cobra R caps modified to go on my Alcoas (getting tires in the spring). I contacted the gentleman who advertises on E-Bay and he agreed to modify the set if I supplied them to him. He had done so before for others as well.

I really like how the Tiffany snake and the red "R" looks against our black Red Stripe Edition.......here are some pics of how the caps look on the Alcoas currently....just an idea that I thought I would share.....

What a neat idea! I had an extra set for my Cobra R's that I sold last year...now I wish I would have kept them.
Sig 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users