#1 OFFLINE   stevenh

stevenh

2010SVT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Joined 27-May 09

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

I want to put the OEM fender side scoops on my car but I hate those cheesy rubber inserts. GT500's from the 60's had a metal insert that screwed to the inlet since the scoops were actually real and they look professional and belong on a Shelby. Does anyone make anything like this that fits a 2010, price is irrelevant at this point?
Thanks

#2 OFFLINE   Madlock

Madlock

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 1,559 posts
  • Joined 28-July 10
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Metal inserts may look a little better but, since neither would be functional, it's pretty much the difference between cheese and fromage, no?

2014 GT500 Coupe • Race Red on Oxford White • Electronics Package • Glass Roof • Performance Package • Track Package • Recaro Seats • Shaker Pro Audio

2013 GT500 Coupe • Race Red on Performance WhiteElectronics PackageGlass RoofPerformance PackageTrack PackageRecaro SeatsShaker Pro AudioGT500 Car Cover

2013 GT500 Convertible • Race Red on Performance WhiteElectronics PackagePerformance PackageRecaro SeatsShaker Pro AudioGT500 Car Cover

2012 BOSS 302 • Performance White on Race Red • Recaro Seat and Helical Differential • BOSS 302 Car Cover

2014 Mustang GT Coupe • 6ATOxford White401A • Brick Red & Cashmere Leather • Brembo Brake PackageElectronics Package • Glass RoofComfort Package • Security Package • Backup Camera

2013 Taurus SHO • Ruby Red Metallic • Charcoal Black • SHO Performance Package • 402A • Navigation • Moonroof • ActiveMotion Seats

#3 OFFLINE   stevenh

stevenh

2010SVT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Joined 27-May 09

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Ya I suppose you're right, but I want to have a real opening in the vent with a grill, just me.

#4 OFFLINE   elkhorn6990

elkhorn6990

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts
  • Joined 15-September 09
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Past Mustangs owned: 70 Boss 302, restored, sold 2000
    Ocean fishing on Monterey Bay

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

Ya I suppose you're right, but I want to have a real opening in the vent with a grill, just me.

I also have the OEM side scoops on my 2010 and I am glad for the inserts because they keep all the dirt and bugs from going any farther. If you have grill what do you do about cleaning out the dirt and bugs that will go into the scoop? Unless you put a hole in the scoop to let water run out the bottom for cleaning, I dont think a vacuum will get in there unless you have a special attachment. Anyway, good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users