#1 OFFLINE   3ponies

3ponies

Team Shelby New Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 363 posts
  • Joined 01-July 07
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

The 08 GT500 Vert is sleeping for a few months but it's Christmas present is here! I am pumped to get this gauge pod installed in the spring! It looks great and excellent packing for shipping.
Thanks

Attached File  487092_10151279902957866_217497425_n1.jpg   38.59KB   95 downloads
Posted ImageRick
08 GT500 Red Stripe Edition Vert:
FRPP 373s, CAI, Chrome Valve Covers, Mufflers, KR Strut Tower Brace
09 Roush #37 Black Jack
65 Restro Mod Fast Back in progress

#2 OFFLINE   SGT0128

SGT0128

Team Shelby Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,521 posts
  • Joined 12-October 09
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Anything with wheels, any sport with a ball, anything that fires a projectile.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

Nice purchase.
Posted Image

Dwain Jones
Pflugerville, Texas
Shelbygtc0128@gmail.com
www.centexsvt.com

"The US Constitution should be used more as a sword for the victims rather than a shield for the guilty" Jack McCoy

2008 Shelby GT-C
CSM 08SGT0128

#3 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:My wife, my dogs, my cat, cars, and music. NHRA addict.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

The 08 GT500 Vert is sleeping for a few months but it's Christmas present is here! I am pumped to get this gauge pod installed in the spring! It looks great and excellent packing for shipping.
Thanks

Attached File  487092_10151279902957866_217497425_n1.jpg   38.59KB   95 downloads

Congrats!
Enjoy it, and remember, if you're watching the Boost gauge, you're not hitting it hard enough.

:hysterical:

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Shelby Vegas Bash 2011 and 2012 Show Winner.

Lift #15
Technicians: John Orr/Randall LaViolette
2/13/2007 9:26:32 AM: Dash Badge Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:34 AM: Shelby Letters Installed
2/13/2007 9:26:35 AM: Side badges installed both sides

That's when it became OFFICIAL, in my opinion! A Shelby was born!
CUTE COINCIDENCE: The NEXT DAY, I was in Vegas getting married. True story.

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: GT/SC upgrade completed at SAI on July 22, 2011.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#4 OFFLINE   Ford Fest

Ford Fest

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Joined 08-October 11
  • Region:Northern Plains

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Congrats!
Enjoy it, and remember, if you're watching the Boost gauge, you're not hitting it hard enough.

:hysterical:

Jer

+1

When I took mine for a test drive for the first time, the previous owner said "when you see that needle on the boost jump, you better hang on!"

Glad SAI stuck with the CF gauges

Edited by Ford Fest, 11 December 2012 - 07:55 PM.

2007 Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary
Built July 2006 - Converted March 2009
FRPP TVS & CAI

Shelby Extreme-Plus Brake System
Short Throw Shifter

Proud member of Team 40th - CSM 07XL0298

th_IMG_5390.jpg

#5 OFFLINE   3ponies

3ponies

Team Shelby New Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 363 posts
  • Joined 01-July 07

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

Yep, the minor tweaking I have done puts you back in the seat pretty hard! I really love this car.
Posted ImageRick
09 Roush #37 Black Jack

#6 OFFLINE   07gt500conv

07gt500conv

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12
  • Region:South Atlantic

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

That is the next item on my list of mods.

Jim Dombrowski
Apopka Florida

2007 Shelby GT500 Convertible
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

10498228_324866954335425_979194167024473

#7 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

+1

When I took mine for a test drive for the first time, the previous owner said "when you see that needle on the boost jump, you better hang on!"

Glad SAI stuck with the CF gauges

I asked, and the Shelby owners spoke up loud and clear!
It makes the product way harder to manage, but I agree that it's worth it.

Jer
2007 SGT/SC # 446 - White, 5spd, Whipple 550 HO with Shelby/C&R radiator and heat exchanger upgrade, Painted stripes (rockers and Le Mans), painted lower fascia (a tribute to Whitey), Shelby Deep Draw (2 3/8") Hood with custom GT350 mesh inserts, Shelby brake duct/driving light bezels with PIAA 510XT lights, Shelby custom underbody front brake duct inlets and fabricated brake cooling plates, Terlingua billet hood pin plates, Shelby tensioner support brace, Shelby race-fabricated valve covers, Dark Charcoal Gray Interior and dash (signed by Carroll), IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with XM Radio, NAV, HD Radio, DVD video touchscreen, Bluetooth, rearview camera, etc... Infinity Reference speakers, Shelby Kicker door subwoofers, trunk sub, and 4.1 amp, Chrome 20X9 Shelby-logoed Razors (ET24) with Nitto 555s (255 front, 275 rear), Baer Extreme+ 6 piston brakes all around, A'te Super Blue brake fluid, Goodridge s/s brakelines, SLP Loudmouths, Aeroforce Terminator gauge, Shelby gauge pod, CS Supercharged faux gas cap logo, billet lower grille, updated 2008-style front grille mount, grille, Shelby billet hood pin kit and pony emblem, Shelby floormats and trunk mat, Shelby Harness Bar, CG-Lock seatbelts, Shelby GT engine cap set and period-correct "Shelby Automobiles" license plate frames, Moroso and Shelby tanks, brake fluid reservoir, and fusebox cover, shorty antenna, Shelby billet fuel fill door, 3/4 window louvers, Shelby upper control arm and mount and lower control arms, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, sequential taillights, Shelby billet Watts link, Ford Racing 3.73:1 gearset, Shelby GT500KR diff cover, de-rusted and painted rear axle housing, Eaton True Trac limited-slip differential, Moser axles, Strange Engineering axle studs, Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir, full of Mobil 1 with Ford Racing filter. H3R HalGuard fire extinguisher with Shelby and Brey-Krause mounting, Shelby Helmet and Driving Jacket. Of course I have lots and lots of Shelby doodads, knicknacks, merch, apparel, bling, and bric-a-brac. Many Shelby certificates and Monroney sticker shiny and intact. Fender SGT guitar. Tolerant wife.

Lift #15

UPDATE: In 2009, I drove cross-country with my wife from NY in the SGT and finally just MOVED here. I figured Vegas was lucky for me.
UPDATE: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012-May 2014

#8 OFFLINE   3ponies

3ponies

Team Shelby New Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 363 posts
  • Joined 01-July 07

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

I asked, and the Shelby owners spoke up loud and clear!
It makes the product way harder to manage, but I agree that it's worth it.

Jer

It was worth the wait for me. They are great and will be a real " Shelby Looker " Mod in the spring. Thanks
Posted ImageRick
09 Roush #37 Black Jack

#9 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,782 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Shelby GT's (what else), Guitar, Camping in my RV, auto racing, autocross, car shows

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

I'm thinking about this as the next upgrade also....
2007 Shelby GT CSM# 07SGT1917 - the "Garage Queen"

Performance White, Hurst 5-Speed, Premium Package

Shelby 4.6L Racing Valve Covers ,Shelby Turbo Mufflers, Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit, "S" snake faux gas cap, Carroll Shelby autographed dash, Improved Shelby GT hood scoop replaced by Tasca Mod Shop, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket, Baer GT Rotors, Hawk HP Plus Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Hi Temp Brake Fluid, J&M Street/Race Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms, J&M Double Adjustable Panhard Rod (Street/Race) ...

2013 Mustang GT Premium - the "Daily Driver"

Black / Black & Glass Roof, 6-Speed SelectShift, Sync, NAV, Interior Upgrade.....

#10 OFFLINE   dednock

dednock

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12
  • Interests:Anything powered by an engine

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Can anyone advise where I can get the "A" pillar triple gauge pod and gauges for a 2011 convertible?
2011 Convertible GT500, sterling grey with red stripes, SVTPP, navigation, BMC SS style hood, Roush exhaust, Alcoa Forged Shelby Fifity Year Wheels, KB 3.6 LC Supercharger, 900 cc FIC injectors, Kooks headers, Kooks catted X-pipe, AFCO H/E and a JPC Custom Tune. 774 rear wheel hp.

#11 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,413 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

\\
..... remember, if you're watching the Boost gauge, you're not hitting it hard enough. :hysterical:

LOL; I said something as much in another thread. I have a Ford Racing Vacuum/Boost gauge mounted in the far left HVAC vent with a Roush vent pod mount.

I'll be DAMNED if I have the time, just to get a quick GLANCE at it (let alone trying to actually ascertain, determine and compute what the number actually is then make the decision if it's too high or too low!) when I'm on the wood, at or near max. boost, all while I'm shifting gears, sawin' the wheel trying to keep her straight, between the lines, watching my rear/side mirrors AND in front of me looking for Johnny Law AND John Q. Public making a left or U-turn in front of me (and yes, have had BOTH occur).

I don't know about anyone else but I find it gets just a wee bit busy when 750+ HP hits you in the back of the head. When it was still at 540 it required my full attention but not nearly as much as it does now.

A Go-Pro mounted with one of the new headrest mounted bars (Revan Racing or VMP) seems like the perfect cure for what ails me at this point. It's on my 'to do' list along with a few other items.

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#12 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Can anyone advise where I can get the "A" pillar triple gauge pod and gauges for a 2011 convertible?

We should have that available soon. Stay tuned.

Jer

Lift #15

#13 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,413 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Autometer.

I've seen the same exact one used on the Super Snake (as seen on Blackout's 2012 SS) on display at Pep-Boys in Colorado Springs, CO.

I'm not sure if the Coupe and 'Vert are two different animals though.

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#14 OFFLINE   Jer

Jer

Jer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Joined 22-December 07

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Autometer.

I've seen the same exact one used on the Super Snake (as seen on Blackout's 2012 SS) on display at Pep-Boys in Colorado Springs, CO.

Phill

I believe they are slightly different.
Just to keep my life interesting, of course... LOL

Jer

Lift #15

#15 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,413 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

I believe they are slightly different.

Could be, I can't say with 100% certainty. I didn't have them side-by-side for a exact/direct comparison but I did get to see both of them up close and personal.

I was going to replace the gauges in Blackout's Super Snake for him so I looked over the pillar mount, through-hole in the firewall, the gauges and the gauge transducers/senders real well.

Then shortly after I inspected his car I saw the Autometer pillar gauge mounting pod at Pep-boys and noted the thinness of the item and the texture/finish of the item and it appeared to be the exact identical part. If there is a difference, it's not very obvious.

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe

#16 OFFLINE   dednock

dednock

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12
  • Interests:Anything powered by an engine

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

We should have that available soon. Stay tuned.

Jer

Sounds good. Thanks
2011 Convertible GT500, sterling grey with red stripes, SVTPP, navigation, BMC SS style hood, Roush exhaust, Alcoa Forged Shelby Fifity Year Wheels, KB 3.6 LC Supercharger, 900 cc FIC injectors, Kooks headers, Kooks catted X-pipe, AFCO H/E and a JPC Custom Tune. 774 rear wheel hp.

#17 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,413 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

Autometer.

Phill

In another thread on the subject of A-pillar guage mounts I mentioned the Autometer item. I can't find that other thread but I did find the A-pillar pod on e-bay and it includes a part number;

P/N: 12132

2010-2012 Mustang

http://www.ebay.com/...016.m2518.l4276

Hope That Helps,

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe

#18 OFFLINE   dthamiltonhpmd

dthamiltonhpmd

Dthamiltonhpmd

• Pacific Northwest Region
  • 77 posts
  • Joined 14-April 10
  • Region:Pacific Northwest
  • Interests:Cars, guns and ammo

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

3ponies!

The Shelby gauge pod set you have will be great!

I installed the same unit about a year ago and its great! The pod comes with white lites in the gauges, you might want to consider a different color of lites before you install the pod, however they can be changed after installation too. I changed my lites out with a blue LEDs which Summit Racing carrys, in green and red also. They are a little spendly at $12 each but look very nice. 

Attached File  Pod.JPG   21.93KB   0 downloads

#19 OFFLINE   07gt500conv

07gt500conv

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

I changed my lights out to be red and LED to go with my dash gauges.  My map lights are also red LED's.  At night, I have had the comments of being in a submarine environment.

Jim Dombrowski
Apopka Florida

2007 Shelby GT500 Convertible
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

10498228_324866954335425_979194167024473

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users