17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 11,687 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:CARS. I have owned well over 200 Cars since 1979 with most being Mustangs. I recently sold the 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 "SMI Sportster" Prototype as well as the "CS-89 TRIBUTE" HAULER Prototype based on my 2010 Ford Ranger. From January 1, 1999 to December 31, 2004 I was contracted with Carroll Shelby to produce the limited "TRIBUTE EDITION SHELBY" Mustangs using 1994 to 2005 Mustangs. www.davidThawkins.com

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

I have noticed that a lot of Companies advertising in my Car Magazines are putting a funky looking Square thingy in the Ad, usually in a lower corner area. they call it a "Mobile CodeI or APP that you that you scan, I assume using your Smart Phone. Two Questions:

<01> How do you scan it in to your Phone?

<02> Can the APP be any size?

I ask the second question because today I saw an SUV that had an APP looking Decal on the back Glass that measured 12” x 12”.

#2 OFFLINE   07gt500conv

07gt500conv

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

Dave,

You have to have an app on your phone to scan it. Then the phone will go to the website and you can see "their online special" Just another advertising trick to drive you to their website...

I think the ads are for smart phones.

As far as the app being any size, do you mean the scan image? the app is on the phone.

Jim Dombrowski
Apopka Florida

2007 Shelby GT500 Convertible
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

10498228_324866954335425_979194167024473

#3 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 11,687 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Interests:CARS. I have owned well over 200 Cars since 1979 with most being Mustangs. I recently sold the 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 "SMI Sportster" Prototype as well as the "CS-89 TRIBUTE" HAULER Prototype based on my 2010 Ford Ranger. From January 1, 1999 to December 31, 2004 I was contracted with Carroll Shelby to produce the limited "TRIBUTE EDITION SHELBY" Mustangs using 1994 to 2005 Mustangs. www.davidThawkins.com

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

Dave,

You have to have an app on your phone to scan it. Then the phone will go to the website and you can see "their online special" Just another advertising trick to drive you to their website...

I think the ads are for smart phones.

As far as the app being any size, do you mean the scan image? the app is on the phone.

The size of the Image that you Scan. There was a Decal cut to look like the Image on the Back Glass of an SUV and I was wondering if someone with a Smart Phone would be able to scan it and see what it was for.

Here is a sample, circled in red, by scanning this with your Phone, does it put an APP on your Phone?

Attached Files

Edited by tesgt350, 17 December 2012 - 05:51 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 11,687 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

I did some research and found out that the Funky Looking Box is what you Scan to ad an APP for that Company in the Advertisement to your Smart Phone. So now, I just have to find out if SIZE really does matter................. If one enlarged to 4"x4" will scan.

#5 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,563 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Shelby GT's (what else), Guitar, Camping in my RV, auto racing, autocross, car shows

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

Go to your App Store (I use iPhone / iTunes) and you'll find any number of barcode scanners (do a search for barcode or q-code scanner). Choose one and put it on your phone. Use that app to scan the barcode or q-code and see what comes up. Typically it will be a website with contains additional information.
2007 Shelby GT CSM# 07SGT1917 - the "Garage Queen"

Performance White, Hurst 5-Speed, Premium Package

Shelby 4.6L Racing Valve Covers ,Shelby Turbo Mufflers, Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit, "S" snake faux gas cap, Carroll Shelby autographed dash, Improved Shelby GT hood scoop replaced by Tasca Mod Shop, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket, Baer GT Rotors, Hawk HP Plus Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Hi Temp Brake Fluid, J&M Street/Race Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms, J&M Double Adjustable Panhard Rod (Street/Race) ...

2013 Mustang GT Premium - the "Daily Driver"

Black / Black & Glass Roof, 6-Speed SelectShift, Sync, NAV, Interior Upgrade.....

#6 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 11,687 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

Go to your App Store (I use iPhone / iTunes) and you'll find any number of barcode scanners (do a search for barcode or q-code scanner). Choose one and put it on your phone. Use that app to scan the barcode or q-code and see what comes up. Typically it will be a website with contains additional information.

I don't have one of those types of Phones. I am working on a Project and am needing to know if I turn that APP Code into a 4"x4" Decal to go on my Truck, will it be scanable or will it be to big to scan, also, does it have to be Black & White? Can I make in Dark Blue and White or Dark Red and White or Dark Green and White, etc....?

#7 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 11,563 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Shelby GT's (what else), Guitar, Camping in my RV, auto racing, autocross, car shows

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

I don't know...but do you know someone with a smartphone? They could test those variations for you.
2007 Shelby GT CSM# 07SGT1917 - the "Garage Queen"

Performance White, Hurst 5-Speed, Premium Package

Shelby 4.6L Racing Valve Covers ,Shelby Turbo Mufflers, Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit, "S" snake faux gas cap, Carroll Shelby autographed dash, Improved Shelby GT hood scoop replaced by Tasca Mod Shop, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket, Baer GT Rotors, Hawk HP Plus Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Hi Temp Brake Fluid, J&M Street/Race Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms, J&M Double Adjustable Panhard Rod (Street/Race) ...

2013 Mustang GT Premium - the "Daily Driver"

Black / Black & Glass Roof, 6-Speed SelectShift, Sync, NAV, Interior Upgrade.....

#8 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 11,687 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

Yeah, I will try that.

#9 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Mountain Region
  • 7,262 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

I don't have one of those types of Phones. I am working on a Project and am needing to know if I turn that APP Code into a 4"x4" Decal to go on my Truck, will it be scanable or will it be to big to scan, also, does it have to be Black & White? Can I make in Dark Blue and White or Dark Red and White or Dark Green and White, etc....?

The code can be any size. I'd just have to step back a couple of steps to scan a big 12"x12" code. I have to get up real close to scan one in a mag.

When I turn that app on, my camera comes on and I adjust the distance of my phone from my cam to the bar code until it fills the screen. Then it reads it and opens the URL to the site.

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#10 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 11,687 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

The code can be any size. I'd just have to step back a couple of steps to scan a big 12"x12" code. I have to get up real close to scan one in a mag.

When I turn that app on, my camera comes on and I adjust the distance of my phone from my cam to the bar code until it fills the screen. Then it reads it and opens the URL to the site.

Phill

GREAT.........Thanks for the info.

#11 OFFLINE   Afdharley

Afdharley

Member #8048

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Joined 10-June 12
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Size does not matter.................................said he with the small, uh...never mind ;)
2011 GT500 Race Red. SVTPP. Elec Package/Nav<br />
Born on - 6-10-10<br />
Purchased new - 6-912<br />
<br />
Mods:<br />
Drake adjustable panhard bar - Aug 2012<br />
Drake panhard brace - Aug 2012<br />
Steeda LCA - Aug 2012<br />
BMR LCA relocation brackets - Aug 2012<br />
Steeda UCA - Aug 2012<br />
Tokico D-spec struts and shocks - Aug 2012<br />
Eibach pro lower springs - Aug 2012<br />
MM caster camber plates - Aug 2012<br />
Bobs hydrocarbon oil separator - Nov 2012

#12 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 11,687 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

Size does not matter.................................said he with the small, uh...never mind ;)

TMI DUDE, TMI................. :hysterical2:

#13 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Mountain Region
  • 7,262 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

It's not how long your CCCCCar is, it's how you drive it home.

And as you get older, the car get more and more difficult to start! <lol>

TMI?

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#14 OFFLINE   07gt500conv

07gt500conv

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

Yes Phil TMI, but we would not expect anything else from you. :hysterical2:

Jim Dombrowski
Apopka Florida

#15 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

• Mountain Region
  • 7,262 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Yes Phil TMI, but we would not expect anything else from you. :hysterical2:

Things they don't tell you about in the "getting old" instruction manual.

Oh, and there's more...WAYYYYYY more! <lol>

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe

#16 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 11,687 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

Things they don't tell you about in the "getting old" instruction manual.

Oh, and there's more...WAYYYYYY more! <lol>

Phill

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry:

#17 OFFLINE   07gt500conv

07gt500conv

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

Way more getting old or way more information? :drop:

Jim Dombrowski
Apopka Florida

#18 OFFLINE   Cali_KR

Cali_KR

King of the Road

• Team Shelby State Director
  • 4,331 posts
  • Joined 14-September 07
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Anything, everything!
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

GREAT.........Thanks for the info.

The app I have on my phone for reading the QR codes is "Red Laser"

It was a free app

Edited by Cali_KR, 18 December 2012 - 07:38 PM.

2012 Shelby Run Europe Participant
8 countries covering 3148 (s)miles

2008 GT500KR #552, Silver/Blue, fully optioned. CS signed visor, 2012 50th Anniversary Shelby Bash Car Show 'class' Award Winner

2009 GT500KR #551 Red/silver

2006 GT-H #368 (Phoenix Hertz)

1968 GT500KR, owned since 1991. 61k original mile car. * 85th Birthday Bash Car Show Award Winner * * SAAC-35 popular vote 1st. Place Award Winner *

2012 BOSS 302 #1212

Past important rides....to me anyways...

1965 Sunbeam Tiger MK1 (260 V-8)
1967 Mustang Fastback (289)
1968 Mustang Coupe (289, track car built to replicate Trans Am B-prod)
1969 Mustang conv. (302)
1965 Corvette conv. (327)
1970 Dodge RT Challenger (383 Magnum)
1975 Trans Am (400ci 4sp)
1979 Mustang Indy Pace car (5.0L)
1986 Corvette Indy Pace Car convertible
1989 Mustang LX 5.0L
2001 Mustang Bullitt
2008 GT500 Ebony Convertible/Alloy stripe/black w/red seats (every option) #109 of 682 Ebony verts,
1 of 235 Ebony 'verts w/ red seat inserts, 1 of 309 with alloy side stripe. * 2010 Shelby Bash Car Show Award Winner * Sold, Dec 29, 2010

2 SHO's, many Harleys......

Team Shelby Pacific Coast Region State Director
Team Shelby Member since Day One
Shelby American Automobile Club member since 1981
Norcal SAAC Member since 1985

Facebook page, Global Auto Source
"Placing unique cars with the unique people who seek them"
www.myclassiccars.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users