Resale value of Whipple cars and painted stripes
Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:41 PM
What additional value would you place on a 2006 Hertz (if any) for a Whipple intercooled supercharger (9 lbs boost) on a Hertz? Assume it was done by a qualified mechanic and NOT SA:
What additional value would you place on a Hertz (if any) for a repainted car (flat sanded factory orange peel, painted top and side stripes, buffed and cleared better than factory show finish)?
Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:49 PM
07 GT-H 5sp Vert
68 GT 500 Vert
Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:14 AM
― Will Rogers
Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:44 AM
Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:11 PM
[The car phone in the Porsche rings] Benjy Taylor: Hello? No, Rick is not here. Who am I? The guy stealing Rick's car...
NO MANS LAND (1987)
SHELBY GT-H CSM06H281
- Whipple 550 - 9 psi
- JLT Carbon fiber intake tube
- LED sequential turn signals
- 40th anniversary floor and trunk mats
- GT-H billet engine caps
- CS supercharged faux gas cap cover
- Lower Billet Grill
- Air Bag / Sun Visor signed by Carroll Shelby
- Shelby gauges & gauge pod
- Shelby Terlingua Deep Draw Hood
- Shelby brushed fuse Box Cover
- Shelby brake Fluid Reservoir Cover
- Shelby brushed rear facing battery cover
- Shelby extreme duty reservoir tanks
- Fore innovations fuel rails
- Ford Racing 65mm polished throttle body
- 50th Anniversary pit stripes on fender
- TCI streetfighter ratchet shifter
- Ford Racing brake upgrade kit
- 20" CS56 wheels with Nitto Invo's 255/35/20 and 295/35/20
- Bob's auto sports oil separator
Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:09 PM
In regards to original paint/stripes - how can one be sure they have original paint or stripes? While in rental service, these cars were self insured and there are no records indicating if any paint work was done while in service or stripe work. So, how can you elevate value for "originality" if you don't know what original is? I think I would much rather have a properly painted and better than new car than a tired looking car with questionable "originality".
If it looks new, my guess is it has been replaced.
Edited by springer, 23 December 2012 - 04:10 PM.
If the game is rigged, you can't lose if you don't play!
2008 Shelby GT/SC convertible, 5-speed
Supercharger conversion by SAI, 550 HP Whipple Kit
Engine: FRPP Hot Rod 4.6L, installed by SAI
Shelby Baer Extreme brakes, CS 69 wheels
Shelby installed Revan heat exchanger
Shelby installed Diablo Predator tune
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users