Photo

How are your upgraded interiors holding up?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   UK PONY

UK PONY

Team Shelby Member

• Canada Region
  • 752 posts
  • Joined 27-December 09
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Cars, Travelling, Photography, Cycling, Boating, Walking
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

I'm on the verge of ordering the upgraded interior from Shelby, will be having a local installer fit them as I'm too far away from the existing network.

My question is, does the leather used stand up to wear better than the factory stuff?

My oem leather is starting to show wear on the drivers seat bolster nearest the door.
2005 Turn2 CS6 Vert, Sonic Blue, First Officially Licensed CS6 Leather Interior Upgrade Kit, Black Top, IUP, Shaker 500 - believed to be 1 of 1 with this combination.All the usual Turn2 CS6 goodies plus, shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, JBA ceramic coated headers, antenna delete, CDC sequential tailights, Agent 47 door mirrors, autographed airbag cover, Kenwood DDX6019 double DIN DVD head unit with Nav & Sirius, Infinity Reference 6832cf's Front & Rear, Shelby Kicker Subs and a few dress up pieces. 370hp, 377ft/lb torque.
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio, Bianco, Black roof, fully loaded. 160hp, 170ft/lb torque.
Spending money I don't have on parts I don't need to impress people I don't know :)Steve

#2 OFFLINE   1sgt

1sgt

1sgt

• Northeast Region
  • 605 posts
  • Joined 14-December 10
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:HOT CARS & HOT BOATS

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

I had a GT 350 2011 and had SHELBY do the upgraded interior and I have to say it was great . But I lost it to SANDY and I just orded a 2014 and haveing SHELBY DOING THE UPGRADED on my SS .

#3 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

The leather is better and will hold up better that being said just take a look at pictures and you see all the wrinkles they have. Either they wrinkle from wear easy or improper installation
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
Front splitter curb alert system
Super snake carbon fiber splitter
APR Performance carbon fiber mirror assembly
JLT CF resonator delete w/blue airaid Filter
Shelby transmission cooler scoope
BMR UCA with Mount, BMR adjustable panhard bar
Bob's billet LCA and bob's oil separator
FRPP springs
HRE p40 w/Michelin Super sport tires

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#4 OFFLINE   msmap

msmap

proud mom of a Wounded Warrior

• Southern Plains Region
  • 5,412 posts
  • Joined 26-March 07
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:my family, my friends, my Shelby
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Mine seems to be doing well. It has been installed for about 30k miles now.
Sherri

2007 Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary
CSM 07XL0417 as of 04/2010 (Bud's last)
#2215 of 2695 verts
#266 of 325 Performance White verts
ordered 3/27/07
built 4/17/07
home 4/27/2007
Mods courtesy of Darrell McBryde, Alex MacKenzie and his mechanic, Garrett :)

Other stablemates include:
#1143 of 6381 01 SVT Lightnings
Oxford White
Born on 2/21/01
#939 of 1000 1994 Cobra Indy Pace cars
Saddle on Red
Born on 4/15/94
1969 Mach 1
Indian Fire
Born on 1/20/69

If you don't stand behind our troops,

please feel free to stand in front of them.

#5 OFFLINE   carnut12

carnut12

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 2,267 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07
  • Interests:Family, Cars, Golf

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

The leather is better and will hold up better that being said just take a look at pictures and you see all the wrinkles they have. Either they wrinkle from wear easy or improper installation

That was one of my biggest reasons I have not pulled the trigger yet. I have seen some installed perfect and others with wrinkles, to me it is the installer, how can you be confident your installer will be a good one.

I think leather is something that, based on how well it is taken care of, determines how long it will last more than any other factors.
07 Shelby GT # 5696 White, Charcoal Interior and Dash, 5-Speed, IUP, Anti-theft, Wheel Locks, Sirius, Shaker 1000, Heated Seats, Shelby Signature Mats, Shelby License Plate Holder, Lower Billet Grill, Silverhorse Cup Holder, Shifter Bezel, Climate Knobs, E-brake Handle, door handles, Mirror Control Knob, lock pockets and pins, and Window Switch Plates, Clear Turn Signals, Shelby Kicker Speaker System, Shorty Antenna, Shelby Engine Caps, Shelby CS69 20" Staggered Wheels, Updated Hood Pins, Shelby Headrest Covers & Armrest Cover, Sequential Tail Lights
Back from Tasca on 03-25-09-550HP Whipple, Brake Upgrade, Shelby Gauges, Blue Ford Racing Valve Covers, Dynotech 1 Piece Driveshaft- 495 RWHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FR500S Exhaust and Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

If or when I do this I won't accept the car back until it is done perfectly
2013 shelby gt500 black w/black stripe SVTPP,Recaros,Electronics Package,Glass roof,car cover.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Future mods going on the car soon: Shelby floor and trunk mat, custom made EPCO shifter knob

Mods undecided about:
Boss x brace, MGW shifter, Boss side exhaust, Corsa black diamond axleback, Lithium battery

#7 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Mine seems to be doing well. It has been installed for about 30k miles now.

Pics?

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Mods undecided about:

#8 OFFLINE   UK PONY

UK PONY

Team Shelby Member

• Canada Region
  • 752 posts
  • Joined 27-December 09
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

How would you rate the workmanship (stitching, fit, etc.) ?

I know there have been some wrinkling issues but I'd put that down to the installer rather than an ill fitting cut to the pattern. Am I wrong here?

It's a fair chunk of change to lay down so I want to be sure on this.
2005 Turn2 CS6 Vert, Sonic Blue, First Officially Licensed CS6 Leather Interior Upgrade Kit, Black Top, IUP, Shaker 500 - believed to be 1 of 1 with this combination.All the usual Turn2 CS6 goodies plus, shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, JBA ceramic coated headers, antenna delete, CDC sequential tailights, Agent 47 door mirrors, autographed airbag cover, Kenwood DDX6019 double DIN DVD head unit with Nav & Sirius, Infinity Reference 6832cf's Front & Rear, Shelby Kicker Subs and a few dress up pieces. 370hp, 377ft/lb torque.
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio, Bianco, Black roof, fully loaded. 160hp, 170ft/lb torque.
Spending money I don't have on parts I don't need to impress people I don't know :)Steve

#9 OFFLINE   svt13

svt13

Team Shelby Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

How would you rate the workmanship (stitching, fit, etc.) ?

I know there have been some wrinkling issues but I'd put that down to the installer rather than an ill fitting cut to the pattern. Am I wrong here?

It's a fair chunk of change to lay down so I want to be sure on this.

Workmanship is not bad for what you pay for. Now is it a caravaggio interior quality where everything is flawless and is italian? No. Why is that you ask? Because that guy charges 20k. I think I am going to do this when my leather starts to wear out. Or I may do it sooner and sell the covers since those are worth a pretty penny. Though when I do it I have a bunch of custom stuff I talked to Gary about doing so mine will be slightly better than the standard upgrade.

Edited by svt13, 18 December 2012 - 07:27 AM.

Mods:
35% window tint

nav-tv rear view camera
Red line hood struts
FRPP springs

Mods undecided about:

#10 OFFLINE   UK PONY

UK PONY

Team Shelby Member

• Canada Region
  • 752 posts
  • Joined 27-December 09
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for the input guys. Assuming I can get a couple of small details sorted out with Gary I'll be pulling the trigger on a set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users